2334 North International Parkway
DFW Airport, TX 75261Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://dfwairport.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/index.jsp#1745
- Phone: (972) 615-6808
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jose Gomez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mr G's
Experience the gracious atmosphere of a 1938 gentleman’s study at our critically acclaimed DFW restaurant. We will be serving upscale American cuisine, including the freshest seafood and thick mesquite-grilled steaks. Begin your tour with Broken Arrow Ranch Grilled Texas Quail or Mesquite Grilled Garlic Prawn and Diver Scallop. Follow this with Mister G's Chopped Salad or Blue Crab and Lobster Pot of Bisque while you await your entree. Savor the Cattleman's Filet Mignon wrapped with jalapeno bacon, Mesquite Grilled Chilean Sea Bass or go all out with the Big "D" Chateaubriand Jardinière, a 16-ounce center cut prime beef tenderloin for two prepared tableside. Pair each course with the perfect selection from our boutique wine menu, and allow time to peruse the cordial and dessert cart before completing your meal. Unparalleled among DFW airport restaurants, our critically acclaimed dining experience inspires many to schedule flights around a dinner at "G's".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mr G's reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (9)romantic (8)notable wine list (8)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Expensive for What it IsEAdineVIPDined on 11/7/2014The wine list was SO over priced, it was silly. Since it was on the airport property the whole menu was highly overpriced. The service was very slow, and the restaurant was EMPTY! So, that was rough too, considering that for a bottle of wine, appetizer and two entrees it was $350 dollars, you would at least expect great service. Dissapointed.
- Hidden Gemtt76109Dined on 10/31/2014You haven't tasted the riches of fine dining in DFW until you visit here. 46 seats, 3 waiters, 2 chefs, and 1 busboy alone amount to a multi-million dollar establishment each year... If that doesn't say enough, I would recommend calling ahead to speak with Darrel. Any questions or requests you have, I am sure can be accommodated.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceLuberDined on 10/28/2014We tried thr restaurant after not being able the first night as it was full. The Maitre d´ is an extraordinary host and the service outstanding. Food was great, full of flavor and greatly paired with a bottle of wine which was recommended... I will go back every time I stay at DFW.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014Mr. G's has been a staple of the Hyatt Regency DFW Airport Intl. for many years. Sometimes, restaurants that have been around awhile have a tendency to become stale, relying on their reputation to carry them in the community. Not Mr. G's-what a great culinary experience. Service was attentive but never overbearing. The Chef Rowston's meat trio was sublime and the pecan dessert we shared was a great ending to a perfect meal. The scallions set on a medley of mushrooms was more than I should have eaten. From the moment we arrived, Darrel made us feel as if we had been transported back in time, when personal service was more than a passing fancy. His cordial, professional, demeanor set the stage for a perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr. G's is GreatFlyerDined on 9/4/2014Cannot recommend this gem enough. Food and service are excellent.Special Features:
- AlmostDinnerOutTravelsVIPDined on 8/25/2014Beautiful room. Service not up to par--repeatedly had to get waiter's attention. Food good but not great.
- Hidden GemMissFoodie73VIPDined on 8/7/2014Hidden in the back of the Hyatt at DFW airport is this 14 table very intimate, very sexy beautiful restaurant. Service was impeccable from beginning to end. DeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good mr g'skarenlesDined on 8/6/2014Mr G's has always exceeded our expectations and this was no exception. Great food and very attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 53 reviews are from the Mr G's reviews archive.
- Bring back the cheese toastParticularDined on 6/6/2014Please consider a bit of variation in the seafood...it is Alaskan salmon season...Alaska also has wonderful black cod Any chance of mussels or clams?Special Features:
- AwesomeLovethisplaceDined on 5/29/2014We have been here twice and it has been perfect every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mister g'skarenlesDined on 5/27/2014mister g's surpasses our expectations again. The service is fabulous and the food is very good with an excellent wine listSpecial Features:
- Great placefoodgodVIPDined on 5/14/2014Excellent place and bar is attached when your done with dinner.Special Features:
- Mr. G's was a great find!DishVIPDined on 4/6/2014Tucked away in the Hyatt (NOT the Grad Hyatt) - this was the perfect spot for us after a delayed flight. The filet and french onion soup was outstanding - in general, the food was expensive - but worth it! They started us with a 'taster' of filet with peppercorn cognac sauce and a scallop with fresh citrus fruits. . . delicious! Darryl, the host was a lovely gentleman. Service was fantastic. My only complaint was that the wine list was limited and very expensive. There was only one reasonable priced red wine. . . but who wants to drink a Petitie Syrah with a nice steak? I tried to return for lunch the next day but learned it's only open for dinner. . . I lok forward to eating here again next time I travel to DFW.Special Features:
- Excellent food and a great placeFrequentEaterDined on 4/3/2014The room is relatively small, but perfectly appointed to give the feel of a private library. The food was cooked to perfection and exceeded expectations, even at the relatively high prices for "Hotel restaurants". For a meeting of 5-7 people anywhere near the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport, there is no better place than Mister G's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Airport GemNeighborDined on 3/31/2014Mr. G's is hidden away at the Hyatt Regency at DFW--a quiet place with great food in the midst of the craziness that is DFW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in DFW!JohnAVIPDined on 3/7/2014We are Hyatt Regency at the DFW airport for a couple of days and found Mister G's on our first night here. Wow! This is not the kind of restaurant you would expect at an airport! It was one of the best meals we have had in a long time. Our steaks were sublime and the staff was simply wonderful -- so attentive and friendly. It is hidden past the lively hotel bar, but once you enter the restaurant, all of the outside noise disappears and you are in a cozy restaurant. What an unexpected treat. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Hidden GEM!foodgodVIPDined on 2/27/2014This place is the total package. Willie is one of the best servers in the business. The door guy cracks me up and is always on point (don't forget to slide him a little something up front). The bison/quail/lamb trio entree is the best of all worlds. I will be going back a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best serviceAprounhDined on 2/14/2014I am a college student and I took my girlfriend out here for valentines day and we received amazing service. The food was great and the atmosphere was phenomenal. Although we were younger than most of the other guests there, we weren't treated Any differently as we do at other restaurants. The servers were very attentive, since it was valentines day they seemed over staffed, but each server greeted us and some came to conversate. I definitely will be back. Mister G's is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Miguel was outstanding Wine and Food knowledge impecable ordered everything he reccomended wine and the Game special wow! really loves what he does Food was Awesome ambiance as well will return soon this place is Great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceWineOVIPDined on 1/24/2014This is fine dining at its best. We took a client to dinner and he was impressed by the service, food and setting. We appreciated the attention to detail. It started with Darryl the maitre'D who greeted us by name and escorted us to a great table. The food presentation is perfect. This is a great restaurant for a special occasion. While it is on the pricey side it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in DFW AirportShutterbugVIPDined on 1/6/2014This is a very good steakhouse. It reminds me somewhat of a Ruth Chris. One of the best things about this restaurant is that it has amazing service. The staff have been there for years, I have been coming here for years and recognize the same faces over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely great experience!CulpepperDined on 11/14/2013Most wonderful restaurant with great ambiente, outstanding and personal service. The food is excellent - a real pleasure! We will be back soon! Can't wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr G's Celebration nightTamtamDined on 11/4/2013We arrived earlier than our reservation due to flight schedules. They were very accommodating for the early arrival and when we asked to be moved further away from the kitchen. Also the valet was wonderful as well as Darrell, the Maitre D'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All of us thoroughly enjoyedMLP71VIPDined on 10/9/2013All of us thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant, food and service. Portions were very generous and delicious. Would highly recommend Mr. G.'s.Special Features:
- The best place to find and dineGregVIPDined on 9/26/2013One of the best kept secrets in DFW. The staff has been there for many years and they really know how to take care of their customers. Food is always fantastic. Great place to dine for couples, and small groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2013From the moment we arrived, we were amazed. Fabulous place with lovely employees. The food was AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressions means the most!KcdolceDined on 8/14/2013Had a very bad experience from the first second I arrived at the host stand. I didn't get a "hi, how are you?" Instead it was " excuse me, you may want to look at the menu first before I seat you, because I don't want you to be seated, then get embarrassed having to walk out, because you can't afford to eat here! Seriously?? What kind of greeting is that?? Other than that, the waiters were great! Will def not be going back due to the rudest host ever!!Special Features:
- Rivals the Mansion on Turtle CreekMeekMarkDined on 8/14/2013Mr. G's in the Hyatt Regency at D/FW terminal C is worth the trouble of driving into the airport. There is a roomy self-parking garage for the Hyatt at no charge. The food was fantastic, and the service was attentive and handled special requests well. The atmosphere is like a private club, with walls lined with shelves of old books. Even though we went there for DFW Restaurant Week at a reduced price, we were still treated like royalty. The only drawback was there was a somewhat noisy dinner group in the adjacent dining room when we dined.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and Amazing!LewisDined on 8/12/2013A library setting with dim lights, big leather booths, white table clothes and Sinatra playing quietly in the background. Lobster tail with lemongrass chili infused butter is one I am going back for. The lobster bisque is the best I have ever had!! Dry aged beef tenderloin with blue cheese, fresh garden vegetables and potatoes au gratin with smoked white cheddar were to die for. We had 2 desserts, both served with the most decadent whipped cream ~ and that was just the garnish ~ the cheesecake and chocolate cake were so rich and satisfying. The wine list is super premium to match the quality of the food. 48 seats, 3 servers and 2 chefs ~ this place would be on a 6 month wait if it were located outside of the airport.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gem at dfw!DanMVIPDined on 7/25/2013Excellent classic steakhouse hidden inside Hyatt at dFW terminal c. Would be great in any big city, but exceptional as an airport hotel restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- felt like an English private clubKathyWDined on 7/24/2013Right out of the movies. Jovial accented maitre d' Darrell, dimly lit wood and leather with library. Expensive but not sorry I had the experience. Only cons: mushroom sauce for my steak was lukewarm and not tasty, more jazz than I liked on the playlist Hurricane Dessert was awesome. I may go back just for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started as our romantic placeLovesredDined on 6/5/2013We ate at Mr. G's for the first time on Valentine's Day, several years ago. Now we eat there every Valentine's Day for their special menu, but we love to go there for other occasions. The Lobster bisque is the best we have ever had and we eat it a lot. I have had several different steaks and they all melt in your mouth. My husband loves the scallops and the sea bass. Darrell, the Maitre D is so friendly and professional. We love the waiters. The best of any restaurant we have been to. Also because the place is small, you get the best attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, fabulous fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/8/2013Overall fabulous meal. Michael took excellent care of us. Highly recommend this place ... definitely the best streak house in .Special Features:
- IncomparableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2013Mr G's is an exceptional dining experience that is found in very few restaurants nationwide, much less locally. Words can not do justice in regard to the staff and food. Mr G's has long been one of the best kept secrets in the Dallas/Fort worth area.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Absolutely wonderful experience. The service was impeccable as the wait staff treated you as long time friends rather than another customer. The food was excellent, the meal was timed right with no rush. It's pricey, but extremely worth it. 2 years with my girlfriend and going out to eat quite often, she said this is for sure the most memorable experience... I agree!Special Features:
- Always good and delicious.slgeniusVIPDined on 2/14/2013Always good and delicious. Service is awesome (as always).
- Great service, comfortableRamsVIPDined on 12/3/2012Great service, comfortable old world charm, average food. I'm sorry Mr. G, however, it just wasn't as good as the cost warrants. For the record I would return, but only for desserts and cocktails!
- A royalty experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2012We had originally 10pm reservations cuz my boyfriend had undetermined flight arrival. They called me early telling me they close at 10 & asked if we could be any earlier & I was glad to ! From the moment we arrived we were greeted by the host who is a AMAZING gentleman. From the front door to our exit we were treated like royalty! Their filet is the best!!Special Features:
- Big DisappointmentSherlock2VIPDined on 9/10/2012Wow - what a disappointment. Had dinner with 3 business colleagues. Maitr'd was really friendly as was wine sommelier. However, the food was almost 100% disappointing. Absolutely nothing noticeable about anything (except the lamb chops - which were average). Steak was almost not edible - no flavor and seemed soft and mushy - odd for what is billed as a top end Dallas restaurant. Fish was also tasteless and soggy. Plus, air conditioning system was broken - and stuck on very cold. Maitr'd came back a few times to apoligize and offered tablecloths to the women to put over their shoulders - which they actually used because it really was freezing. Didn't even stay for coffee or dessert - couldn't wait to leave the fridge and lousy food.
- We couldn't have picked aOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/17/2012We couldn't have picked a better place to dine at for Restaurant Week. This is such an amazing restaurant with so much history, what's not to like about this place? The food was excellent and they have the best french onion soup I've ever tasted! The rib eye was so flavorful and juicy and the bison and pork chop were delicious. The host greeted us with a huge smile and was so thrilled we chose to dine here. Our waiter gave us a history lesson on this place and he felt very proud to be a part of this establishment. Even the bus boys and chefs seemed to be enjoying their time working here. It was an overall amazing experience and a hidden gem that everyone ought to know about and experience. Food is exceptional!Special Features: