MP Taverna - Roslyn
1363 Old Northern Blvd.
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
MP Taverna - Roslyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.michaelpsilakis.com/
- Phone: 5166866486x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Micheal Psilakis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from MP Taverna - Roslyn
At MP Taverna, Chef Michael Psilakis introduces his award-winning Greek-American fare to Long Island’s North Shore. Located in the heart of Roslyn, NY, MP Taverna is a modern interpretation of a traditional Greek taverna. Open for Lunch, Dinner & Weekend Brunch, MP Taverna is an exciting addition to the Long Island dining scene. The ground floor houses the main dining room & separate bar, while the second floor is perfect for private dining & events. The dinner menu allows diners to order from an assortment of meze, salads, entrees, & plat du jours. Meze options include Meatballs, Octopus with Mediterranean chickpea salad, & Trio of Greek Spreads, highlights from the salad selection include the MP Salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, onions, & feta. Signature dishes like the Lamb Burger with smashed potato & pickle or Grilled Branzino with fingerlings, cherry tomatoes & olives, are offered together with simply grilled options such as Swordfish, Salmon or Steak & Sausage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
MP Taverna - Roslyn - Best Restaurants in Roslyn ›
MP Taverna - Roslyn reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (105)great for outdoor dining (86)fit for foodies (65)great for lunch (64)good for groups (57)great for brunch (34)special occasion (27)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (23)kid-friendly (22)romantic (13)notable wine list (12)late-night find (9)scenic view (6)Show More
- Consistently a winnercontangoDined on 9/13/2014Been to this location as well as their location in Astoria. Food and service consistently good. Prices very reasonable. Very good experience every time we have dined here. You will not be disappointed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BabsDined on 9/13/2014Second time we have been here - this time with a group. Everyone agreed the food was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfactory dining experienceEaterouterVIPDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed yogurt dip appetizer with cucumbers and warm pita wedges. Entree choices were good. We had salmon, lamb chops and entree salad with prawns. Excellent service. A bit noisy and getting louder as evening wore on. Will return.Special Features:
- GloriaVIPDined on 9/9/2014This is such a wonderful modern Greek restaurant that I think I've been to ,well....ALOT! I really have to order SOMETHING other that the Taverna steak/sausage salad, but it is SOOOOO great that it's hard not too! Those daily combos are the most amazing buy you will EVER find;ambiance is teriffic, and eating on the roof -do so when possible! The Maitre D is as good a reason to go as the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Modern GreekHungryMan25Dined on 9/6/2014Coming from a Greek background it was a pleasantly surprising twist on some traditional dishes. The flavors really popped in every item ordered. Only critique is that they go a little to heavy with the use of garlic and onions, but doesn't ruin the meal. Good meal all around and Mae sure to save some room for some delicious Greek desserts!Special Features:
- Bad ServiceFoodluverDined on 9/5/2014I really wanted to like this restaurant. Although the food itself was good (not great) the service was very disappointing. We got only one round of drinks because our waitress never came back around to ask us if we needed another drink, OR to fill our glasses with water. Once our food was served, she only once came back to ask if we wanted to see the dessert menu. We ordered dessert which was very good! Baklava with ice cream. Only once we were done with our dessert she asked if we wanted coffee. I wouldn't say the restaurant or the food is horrible... just not a great experience.
- FantasticYumyumVIPDined on 9/5/2014Repeat customer, best food, great friendly service. Go and try. Get the grilled octopus and the fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experiencesari34Dined on 9/5/2014The food here is phenomenal. Everything we had was great! The atmosphere and the decor of the restaurant was classy and comfortable. This is a great local restaurant and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a delicious, healthy meal out with friends, family or a date.Special Features:
- In a word... wonderfulwmw322VIPDined on 9/4/2014Really gracious hostess Alexis. Great food great drinks great vibes great evening. Don't miss out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/1/2014Service was non-existent, mama's pork meatballs were raw & octopus was the worst I've ever had. The best part of our meal was the wine & we had to refill our own glasses.
- MichaelVIPDined on 8/29/2014The potential is there but it is never special just an OK place. The most bizarre lunch special every. Menu states we serve your dessert with your lunch which is weird especially as it is a yogart based dessert. Is it that much work to wait? Especially if others in the party aren't doing the special.
- Red4VIPDined on 8/25/2014A one hour wait for an ordered well done lamb burger was enough for me to change my normal weekly visit to a no-go. By the way, when it was finally served it was rare. I will try again since previous visits were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMY! AS USUAL!MsDoc1Dined on 8/24/2014Freshly prepared fish, delicious salad..super chicken and burgers. Courteous at all times! Can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Great Find!JoyceLDined on 8/24/2014We look forward to returning, the food was exceptional, we were pleasantly surprised. All in all a great experience, with a great waitress.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/20/2014The good was not good and not a good value for money.
- Delicious dining under the starsBb2eatVIPDined on 8/18/2014The food is simply delicious, a taste of Manhattan in a quaint suburban neighborhood. Twice we dined on their rooftop outdoor area and really wonderful ambience coupled with a great service and kid friendly.Special Features:
- barnDined on 8/16/2014We ate upstairs outside and all was quite delightful!Special Features:
- Enjoyable Experiencefoodman13VIPDined on 8/15/2014Ordered fish. It was fresh and prepared quite nicely. Sat on the outdoor deck. The weather was lovely, the view on the parking lot wasn't. MP presents Greek food with a nice, current twist on it. I will go back.Special Features:
- Go to another restaurantMarcoVIPDined on 8/14/2014The service was very slow and the place was almost empty. The food is edible but not well seasoned nor well presented. Special requests were graciously accepted but the kitchen paid no attention to following them. The employees are very nice but the rest was a very poor experience
- Wonderful BrunchJohnDined on 8/10/2014My beautiful wife and I had brunch at MP Taverna in Roslyn on Sunday morning. Arrived @12 PM and it was virtually empty. My wife had a breakfasts wrap and I had the "Country Cast Iron Breakfast", which was out of this world (particularly that lamb sausage!). It came with a delicious salad of cucumbers, feta, tomato, and green beans. Price was reasonable and the service was superb. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Greek Restaurant - No FetaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Food was good, service very good, but they ran out of Feta cheese? Come on, there are 2 other Greek Restaurants within walking distance. That can't happen.Special Features:
- another great mealvegetarianVIPDined on 8/6/2014we have eaten at this restaurant often, and always find all aspects of the dining experience quite outstanding. on this weekday evening, the usual noise level was much more tolerable, which is usually our only complaint! the service, the food, the ambience, all up to par. Even parking on the street was easy. Guess Wednesday's are a good night at PM Taverna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch!!YumyumVIPDined on 8/6/2014The food here is outstanding. Our first time and will definitely return. Service was very friendly. Had the branzino as my entree and octopus as my appetizer. The best octopus I ever had. Try and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply GoodWassDined on 8/3/2014Food is fresh and delicious. Welcoming atmosphere. Comfortable dining rooms. Wait staff well trained. Owner/manager always stops by the table to assure all is well. Nice touch!Special Features:
- Salty Lamb ChopsFoodforthoughtDined on 8/2/2014It was my first time there and it came recommended, but I would not recommend it. I ordered the lamb chops which were on Specials Menu. They were cooked as ordered except they were so salty and that was a big turn off. The smashed fries that came with them were somewhat cold. Overall disappointed, especially for the price.
- Normally betterKarenessVIPDined on 7/28/2014We have been here several times, and it is always good...except this time. My son ordered the special...shrimp with 3 cheeses. It had exactly 2 shrimp in the dish...and they came with the heads on (not an attractive presentation.) My husband and I ordered whole fish. It was cold, as were my veggies. We asked for it to be warmed, and it came back just as cold as when it went back. When we complained to the waiter, he did nothing about it.Special Features:
- Manager righted the shipfoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014dined here on Sat. Evening. Sat outside. Scene was comfortable and relaxing. After 45 minutes, realized that had not gotten our appetizers. Service stayed down hill from there. Entrees arrived without special vegetable of the day, which we all ordered, instead fingerling potatoes were substituted. When we explained to waiter that we did not order potatoes his response was that kitchen "ran out of "brussel sprouts". We suggested that he should had informed us of this before the food came out, to which he responded that he had just found out. We called on the manager who not only apologized for the problem, but quickly arranged for substitute green vegetables, for the four of us and a fresh piece of Salmon for one. May try againSpecial Features:
- AmazingMareDined on 7/26/2014The most amazing Greek restaurant I have ever dined at. The food was off the charts with a very creative chef and menu. Not traditional Greek but Greek with a creative flair. The mussels, grilled octopus, and fish dishes were to die for! I do not live near the restaurant. It is roughly 45 minutes from where I live but if I had to walk there next time, honestly I would. It was that terrific! I am returning in two weeks to take some friends out for dinner. I want to share this "jewel" with them! Thank you for such a fabulous meal with great service!Special Features:
- A wonderful surpriseBabsDined on 7/26/2014We are always looking for a new place to dine alone and that is also appropriate to take family and/or friends. MP Taverna is it! We have gone to Astoria for authentic Greek food and have been disappointed - MP Taverna was EXCEPTIONAL - the food was fabulous, pleasant atmosphere and great service! We will be back - again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rooftop diningBb2eatVIPDined on 7/24/2014Good food, good service and great ambience. Summer rooftop dining at its best!Special Features:
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/20/2014We finally went for brunch outside . It was a great day we had the grilled octopus , Greek meatballs and lamb burgers. Everything was fabulous.Special Features:
- Outside Even BetterDLPGDined on 7/19/2014Always love coming here. It's one of the first restaurants I think of when going out with others who haven't been here. I've always had a delicious meal...you can't go wrong with anything ordered. I was thrilled to see that there are now more traditional Greek desserts on the menu. Went on a gorgeous Saturday night and loved eating outside on the rooftop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well prepared food & great serviceBozoVIPDined on 7/16/2014I have dined here in the past and was impressed by the food (specifically Branzino) and was thrilled to see they still offered my favorite fish and offered a variety of options. I like that the entree choices allow you to select a small salad or side dish rather than force you into the choice the chef dictates. The wine special was tasty and a great bargain. Service was exemplary. Try to visit on a week nite when the noise level is much lower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotLorraineDined on 7/15/2014Visiting from out of town and met some local friends for lunch. Had a Greek salad with chicken. Very fresh tasting. The chicken was a bit dry, but overall the meal was very nice. The service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all is good here, all the time.ijs4VIPDined on 7/13/2014food, beverage and staff are consistently good. quality is above average for the price. it's our "go-to" local place.Special Features:
- MmmmgoodLuvs2dineVIPDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I eat at MP Taverna semi regularly. The food is always delicious, and never disappoints. Some of our favorites are the grandmas meatballs, the bulgar salad, the lemon chicken, and the simply grilled salmon. Each dish is loved by everyone who tries it. No matter what you order, you can't go wrong. The service has always been good too. As a side note, in the summer they have outside dining, if you are willing to wait the extra time for a table. Overall, you will leave happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice family dinnerAbeiVIPDined on 7/12/2014Beautiful deco and nice food with reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place to eatmarielDined on 7/9/2014We have been here several times since the place opened. The food is good and the service is wonderful. Everyone is very eager to please the guests including the manager who came to our table several times to make sure all was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!sofeDined on 7/2/2014First time at MP with my husband and it will certainly not be our last. The food was delicious and the service outstanding. It is located in a pretty town that one can take a walk after dinner.Special Features:
- AsheeVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great simple greek food with a lot of creative items on the memu