Mozzarella & Vino
33 West 54th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mozzarella & Vino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mozzarellaevino.com/
- Phone: 6466928849
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Vito Gnazzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our team has years of experience in special events, from boutique to corporate, providing staff, highly-personalized menus, decor and rentals. Please contact us for details: email@example.com
A word from Mozzarella & Vino
Welcome to Mozzarella & Vino. Our menu reflects the simplicity of authentic Italian ingredients, with a heavy emphasis on the Mozzarella di buffala Campana, Italian cheeses and affettati. Based mostly on classic Italian antipasti, such as arancini, panzarotti, and mozzarella rolls, we also serve a wonderful selection of panini, soups, salads, burger, pasta, and of course mozzarella of all shapes and delicious combinations (even on desserts.) The enoteca style bar focuses on showcasing rather smaller family estates and independent Italian winemakers. We proudly share wines that we love, definitely not mainstream, and wines that translate history, quality and good value. A variety of by the glass is offered, as well as by the bottle. Our selection greatly varies due to constant new discoveries (...we are always in search of something new and delicious.) We look forward to welcoming you to our new home e viva la mozzarella!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mozzarella & Vino reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (20)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (12)fit for foodies (11)romantic (10)great for brunch (5)special occasion (5)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Would have liked a bit more variety in the menu. I know by design it is a limited menu but a few more pasta dishes would have been nice. Our entrees were very good. Would come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet spotEmmaQ8Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent location, extremely helpful and sweet staff and good wine list :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise!BBKKPPDined on 8/25/2014Had dinner here on a weeknight with some colleagues. The restaurant is very pretty, with a greenhouse area in the back. It was quiet enough to talk, although towards the end of the evening when the place was full, it got louder. The menu isn't huge, but it's broad. Everything we had was delicious, especially the light and tasty meatballs. And the burrata cheese...YUM! Service was warm. It wasn't cheap, but it wasn't overpriced either. We all decided we would happily return.Special Features:
- MarlenedcVIPDined on 8/20/2014The food was mediocre and the service was very slow even though the restaurant was not full and there seemed to be several wait staff. What was most upsetting was when I asked the maitre d if there was a table out in the garden for two people he said he would check. He gave us the worst table out there even though there were more roomy vacant tables. We were two women having lunch. Then moments later, he gave one of the open fours to two men. When I mentioned it to him after having asked if we could sit at one of the other tables, he said he didn't know we had asked and it was too late, he had already seated the men. They sat with their spreadsheets. We were cramped.Not a place I would recommend even though it's close to MOMA.
- You should not be hungryJoshDined on 8/15/2014Nice restaurant, very good service but entrees very small: had the pasta of the day and 5 raviolis came. Being European, I'm used to smaller quantities than normally served in the US. Here, it was really exagerated.
- Best Night EverElena2Dined on 7/17/2014I decided to take my boyfriend to Mozzarella & Vino after walking by it one day on my way to work. I decided to use OpenTable to make the reservation, which I had never done before. When I filled out the form to reserve our table, I came to the box at the end where you can make special requests and decided to ask the executive chef to come out because my boyfriend loves to cook. I didn't think anything would happen but when we got the restaurant we were treated like royalty and the food was amazing! The chef came out and gave us a free appetizer and was so happy to meet someone who just enjoyed his food and admired his work. We had a lovely dinner and the chef invited us back to cook with him!!!Special Features:
- Not Colameco's Best...TONYCDined on 7/14/2014The food was simply uneventful. We started with a three cheese selection as well as several dried meats from the aging room. The cheeses, served with quartered cherry tomatoes lacked flavor as well as a drizzle of oil olive and a sprinkle of salt while the dried meats, served with a few walnuts, not toasted or seasoned and blueberries around the plate were disappointing. Finally, I never did figure out what we paid for the above since the prices were not on the menu. The pasta and meatballs were better; however, the sauce of petite diced tomatoes and mozzarella lacked complexity with most of it's flavor coming from one large basil leaf placed into an under-sized pasta bowl. Overall, the food lacked authenticity.Special Features:
- a little gem near the MOMAOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014a somewhat limited menu, but everything was delicious, good cocktails and wine list, very attentive staff --definitely a find in this neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- Menu needs expandingAngeDined on 7/3/2014We were here for the first time on a weeknight pre theater for dinner. Appetizers and salads have a nice selection and the food was excellent. However, the menu is so limited for entrees. Why paninis on a dinner menu? The pasta special was lasagna and it was great, but there wasn't much more to choose from. A chicken dish was just a salad with tuna topping. Service was excellent. Please expand your lunch menu to dinner options. Prices are very moderate and portions are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, attentive serviceSully38VIPDined on 6/26/2014Nice wine choices, yummy bread and cheese, great paninis and excellent service. Can't wait to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming!MayflyVIPDined on 6/12/2014Fun change if pace. We were lucky and got into the garden room, which we very much enjoyed. Interior a little dark.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DotchompsbrotherVIPDined on 6/4/2014Citrus salad superb, refreshing, well done. Vitello Tonnato excellent. Bread sticks very good, but the tasteless, uninteresting white baguette needs to be replaced with the superb multi-grain they previously had when it was Gatopardo. Service disappointing. Great quality and reasonable prices. Shame they got rid of the table clothes, but assume that affords the pricing, and their high end is now Gatopardo, next door in the old aquavit space.Special Features:
- Superb!foodie4lifeVIPDined on 5/30/2014I've walked by this place a few times and finally decided to have lunch with a friend here - now I wish I had come sooner! The service was superb, the food was unbelievably fresh and the Italian wine list was perfecto! My friend had the baked pasta of the day and for the first time - ate everything on her plate! The desserts were also delicious - the vanilla panna cotta was light and smooth and the blueberry crostata was delicately prepared and divine. Truly a gem - I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- janandcoDined on 5/27/2014A lovely lunch after a trip to the MOMA! Attentive service and lovely atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Just like being there...CrankinSteveVIPDined on 5/24/2014I felt as though I was dining in Torino, the waitstaff, food, ambience, and style all are very much like dining in Italy without taking a long flight. Portion size was appropriate, not crazy big like in so many restaurants. If you want to be transported to the real thing, this is the place for a leisurely meal.
- Almost greatjacknetDined on 5/11/2014The food is very good but of the small plates variety. Still its Gattopardo fare at a reduced cost. However, we waited forever for someone to take our drink order and then waited for the drinks. We waited for someone to take our food order and then waited for the food. Yet the help was everywhere. The maitre 'd was great and asked us to come back after theatre for coffee on the house. This place could be great if it was more organized.Special Features:
- Back in ItalytravelersDined on 5/10/2014One of the most memorable meals of my lifetime. Felt like I was back in Italy. The food, wine, and service was superb. Enjoyed every second. The waitstaff brings you your order and then leaves you alone to enjoy. Just enough attention to make you feel pampered and appreciated.Special Features:
- Excellent small midtown restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 5/10/2014For Midtown location, 54th btw 5th and 6th, nice quiet place, with very nice, but small, enclosed garden area. Lunch was excellent. cheeses, as expected, were very good.Special Features:
- Great Tuna Fish, What A Surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2014The last thing on my pre lunch mind was a tuna fish sandwich at the café of Il Gattopardo. From the first bite, I wasn't alone, my lunch companion felt as I did. A WOW!!! to the last bite. Canned Sicilian tuna never had it so goodSpecial Features:
- betsyb4Dined on 5/7/2014Food and ambience at this well-located midtown restaurant is good but our service was spotty at best. My party of 3 waited about 40 minutes after ordering our lunch before flagging down the waiter (who should have taken notice that we were sitting with a table empty of food) and learned that something had gone amiss with our order, so additional wait time was necessary. He was only mildly apologetic about this and offered something up at the end of the meal that didn't make sense as we were by that point pressed for time. At a relatively small and quite pricey restaurant this is simply unacceptable, but I would hope this is an aberration and imagine that usually the service is as good as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the Mozzarella & Vino reviews archive.
- Abysmal experiencehelensnVIPDined on 5/3/2014We booked a late Saturday lunch. There was a large party in the back which completely overwhelmed the kitchen and waitstaff. After ordering, we - and all the tables around us - we're left unserved and unattended for forty-five minutes. Even our water glasses were left unrefilled! When the food finally came, the cooked food was tepid and tasteless but we were too hungry to send it back. A restaurant that overbooks, a kitchen that can't handle the bookings and a wait staff that ignores you - a bad combination.
- excellent serviceFredDined on 4/21/2014The highlight here is the service. As with sister restaurant Il Gattapardo, service is warm, attentive, hospitable in ways one rarely sees anymore.
- Nifty little spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/11/2014Charming atmosphere, good service and outstanding food at very reasonable prices. From a snack to a meal, a great choice in a difficult neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gemFoodThinxVIPDined on 4/2/2014This by far is one of my favorite places to go. Nothing like the standard fare you get in Midtown. I always recommend this place for the food, ambience and european feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal after MoMAKendeVIPDined on 3/26/2014After visiting the MoMA, my daughter and I enjoyed a wonderful meal. The service was attentive and friendly, and we enjoyed the starters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood AdditionNYFoodieDined on 3/8/2014This new find is a welcome addition to the West 50's - finally a small plate to total dinner spot which is extremely kind to the wallet. Great wines by the glass along with superior service makes it a pleasant evening or lunch out. The restaurant has a full bar and wicked martinis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Leopard CubOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/6/2014MeV is an offshoot of Il Gattopardo and occupies its former location after Il Gattapardo moved half a block east to a larger location. The fare here is lighter and the atmosphere less formal but the food is just as wonderful. A great place for lunch, a glass of wine after work with a few light bites or a dinner that can be a traditional 2 or 3 course meal or a non-traditional mix of salads, pasta, cheese, salumi, and, of course, wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderfully Unique SurprisePeteralanVIPDined on 2/9/2014Mozzarella and Vino is really lovely. We were warmly greeted by the charming host and had a memorable lunch. The panini are marvelous. The pasta special was a delicious baked penne. There are terrific salads as well. I started with the citrus and avocado which was just wonderful. The wine list covers a wide range of well priced Italian favorites. The service was attentive and very pleasant. The restaurant is literally across the street from the 54th Street entrance to MOMA, making it the perfect special dining spot when going to the museum. I felt like I was having lunch on a side side street in the heart of Rome. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IdealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/4/2014It was a great spot for a business lunch during a large convention in the area. Food was excellent and they were patient with service and not hurried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.