3910 W 50th Street
Edina, MN 55424Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.mozzamia.com/
- Phone: 9522882882x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11am - 10pm
Sunday: 11am - 9pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Corrine Sherbert DeCamp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: Book The Party Room at Mozza Mia. It's ideal for any occasion.
Join the Parasole Dining Club. It's free and more rewarding than ever! http://www.parasole.com/diningclub/
A word from Mozza Mia
Join us for family cooking form Calabria, Napoli and Sicily. Mozza Mia Pizza Pie and Mozzarella Bar offers wood-fired pizza, fresh house made mozzarella and baked pastas. Experience a simple menu with pure and powerful flavors made for hardworking, hungry people. Enjoy dining on our sidewalk patio.Continued
We offer a full bar open to close, daily. Enjoy local and Italian draft beers, a simple easy wine list, limoncello and classic and fun cocktails.
We offer a full bar open to close, daily. Enjoy local and Italian draft beers, a simple easy wine list, limoncello and classic and fun cocktails.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Mozza Mia - Best Restaurants in Edina ›
Mozza Mia reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)kid-friendly (40)great for outdoor dining (39)fit for foodies (34)great for lunch (27)good for groups (22)notable wine list (11)special occasion (9)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)romantic (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Disappointing Deep DishKevanDined on 8/28/2014This was my second time ordering a deep dish here, the first was better and brought me back for a second try. This one was pretty disappointing. LOTS of Crust, which was a bit doughy and tough, a luke-warm middle (which, on a deep dish with a lot of cheese, is pretty gross) and very sparse toppings: pepp. and sausage were ordered, though only rumoured on the actual pizza, and tomatoes on top were very few, leaving us with a dry dough-bomb with an undercooked middle and no toppings to speak of. What happened??
- Will Go Back!rmsweeneyDined on 8/18/2014I had dinner on the patio with a friend. The patio is small and tight but accessible. There was some road working going on early in our dinner which was noisy but didn't last long. The only drawback was slow delivery on some happy hour appetizers. The kitchen staff explained that they were inadvertently delivered to the wrong table. The service was attentive but not rushed. The food was very flavorful! My friend had a brick-oven margherita pizza and I had tortellini baronessa. I'll definitely be back and would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Great ServiceFoodiefamilyDined on 8/17/2014We had a little problem with our table and the wait staff and manager moved us and gave us free dessert. Service and attention was great. Also a fan of the Italian wine listSpecial Features:
- Great Deep Dish Pizza- bad noiseFJGGDined on 8/16/2014The Pizza was terrific but could use some Garlic, the noise level is horribleSpecial Features:
- Look at my kids!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The food and service were great. There were to many families that were way to oblivious to how annoying their children are. I have two of my own and I think they are great, however, I have never let them cruise around a restaurant unattended. Please control your children or have the decency to hire a babysitter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Mozza Mia1whoeatsDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I enjoyed a gorgeous Thursday supper outside at Mozza Mia. Great outdoor sidewalk dining setting amongst all the flowers. Our server was experienced and even kept up with my insatiable thirst for pop. Loved the wrapped breadstick appetizers and was impressed with there specialty: the wood fired pizza. Will definitely be returning in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great, esp. for the $$CouchDined on 8/2/2014House made mozzarella, where else can you get that? However, beyond that, nothing to justify the steep prices they are charging. Our garlic bread was burned, and so was my daughter's kid's meal pizza. My wife and I both ordered pizzas ($15 for a personal-size pizza? C'mon!). The crust was thin - crispy on the outside, but limp in the middle. Toppings were tasty, but not a ton of them. Our waitress was nice and fairly attentive, but service was slow overall. We ordered gelato for dessert, and each of us made a bathroom trip (15-20 minutes total), and the dessert still wasn't on the table - seriously, how long does it take to scoop some ice cream? We asked for the check and skipped dessert. $75 for 2 pizzas an appetizer + kid's meal?!?!Special Features:
- Yummy, as always!MrsMoofDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I went to Mozza Mia on a Friday night for dinner. Jacob was an awesome server! The food was delicious. My only complaint is that we couldn't get just a ball of mozzerella. We would have had to do the cheese sampler to get a ball of mozzerella, which was too much food for us. Bummer b/c they have excellent homemade mozzerella.Special Features:
- Mazza Mia Hanging in thereWickyVIPDined on 7/19/2014This location has struggled for restaurants during my 11 years in Edina, but MM seems to be holding it's own. I had not been for a while, but we stopped in for dinner with my 11-yr-old and had a great meal the other night. The special pasta dish with golden beats, goat cheese, and white wine butter sauce was fantastic (they should put it on the regular menu). We also ordered a chopped salad that was great for sharing. We won't hesitate to visit more often after this experience.Special Features:
- Loved the mozzarella & pizza!MarineDined on 7/19/2014We ordered the small cheese sampler plate and the fresh mozzarella was delicious as was the buffalo mozzarella. I ordered a wood fired daily special pizza - italian sausage, pepperoni, & bacon and added mushrooms - which was also very tasty. We tried a new wine and we loved it. We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather just after noon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow yet not busyLisieVIPDined on 7/16/2014This was our first visit to Mozza Mia. We made a reservation but the restaurant was not busy with the exception of the outdoor area. The wait person was prompt and attentive but the time to receive our appetizer and entrees was extremely long.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2014Appetizers seemed a little pricey for what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Delicious pizza and our server, Jakub, was great! The OpenTable reservation app was easy to use and made it quick to get our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good PizzaPizzafanDined on 7/11/2014Overall we were not very pleased with the appetizers and salads but the pizzas were really good. It was a little too casual and loud for a nice "date night" that we were looking for.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2014Beautiful summer evening so we sat outside. had appetizers and pizza. Appetizers were amazing (beet salad and asparagus). Pizza was very good as well. Overall experience was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationlousy36Dined on 7/3/2014waitress was friendly, and attentive. Appreciated that husband's birthday was noted by serving him a great dessert with sparkler(birthday was 7/3). It made him happy! The outdoor patio was enjoyable….beautiful evening, weather absolutely perfect. I didn't feel the food was anything extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second visit betteru17cqniDined on 6/28/2014Much better than first visit when we made our pizza. On this visit the aspariga pizza was marvelous. Tasty and well prepared. Waitress recommended we dip the pizza in olive oil and some salt. It enhanced the flavor. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WoodlandBoyVIPDined on 6/26/2014very nice light or lite lunch menu. Everything was tastySpecial Features:
- Mozza Mia! Yes please.MonaLisaVIPDined on 6/22/2014Our first time at Mozza Mia was a lovely lunch with girlfriends on the spacious outdoor patio. A perfect place on a Sunday afternoon. We all loved the fresh mozzarella and buratta cheeses. DELIGHTFUL. Service was great ( especially the host who kept us updated on the weather report) and making sure we were all happy campers. We were. Salads were fresh. The oven pizza was yummy. A great day!Special Features:
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We really like Mozza Mia and have been there several times. Our only complaint is the noise level, we could hardly hear each other. We aren't elderly and have no hearing issues, but we weren't in a booth and maybe the tables are the worst. We find this in many restaurants now, I think it's something the owners like because you label it "energetic" but I would label it too noisy. I don't want a supper club atmosphere, I just don't want to have to shout or strain to hear. I know nothing will change as this is the trend, but energetic is a polite way of saying loud.Special Features:
- Delicious!out2lunchDined on 6/14/2014Food was delicious, and plentiful! Fun place, definitely make a reservation for a Sat night. Very family friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We have gone to Mozza Mia 4 times this month. The first 3 were great! The food was off the charts amazing. The service is usually so good in face most of them go out of their way to be courteous and thoughtful.This past time our server was terrible and we waited 45 minutes after ordering because the chef was watching the world cup. The food as always was top notch and is usually not an issue with how long your food comes out.Special Features:
- Great Food, Blah ServiceRichfieldFoodieDined on 6/13/2014Our table and the table to my left both waited 15 minutes (an ETERNITY when you sit down in a restaurant) before the guy at the other table was able to flag down a server and let them know we still hadn't had a server stop by at either of our tables. I was just about to ask them if they had anyone stop by their table. Not a happy experience. Server finally came by. To make a long story short, the food was excellent. The porchetta pizza = two thumbs up. The dates wrapped in panchetta and stuffed with some sort of cheese (I've forgotten the name) we're incredible. I could probably eat an entire plate of just those. Food gets an A+, service get's a C-.Special Features:
- Bad Customer ServiceWillieVDined on 6/13/2014Our 50th Wedding anniversary and we chose Mozza Mia for our special dinner. I ordered the spaghetti with meat balls and marinara sauce. When it came I asked the waitress for a little more sauce. She brought me a small portion and I said that may not be enough. She told me that if I wanted more, I would have to pay extra for it. I said that I needed more but would not pay extra. She finally brought another small portion. I thought it was dumb to pay extra for sauce that should have been on the pasta in the first place. Finally the manager came by and I explained why I was upset. He did not apologize or explain what the store policy was. Just before we were leaving 2 drinks arrived w/o explanation, which we could not handle.
- MarilynBecksDined on 6/11/2014Beautiful day to sit outside! Staff was attentive and food was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateVIPDined on 6/7/2014as usual, everything was delicious. Just wish there were more orange segments in the Sicilian salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Italian Chuck E CheesePRinMNDined on 6/6/2014Food was very good but the ambiance and the hostess service...not as good as the food. Friday night about 7:30pm and the place is packed with kids and the noise to the max dB levels. Nothing wrong with that but I was expecting a more adult atmosphere and not Chuck E Cheese or Denny's kids eat for free night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost left for someplace elseFstlmnDined on 6/6/2014Had made a reservation and asked for outside. When we arrived were told at the indoor hostess podium that the wait for outside was 1 1/2 hours. We had been at the art fair for an hour and could have checked in then had we known. It was beastly hot inside, so decided to go elsewhere. We stopped at the outside host podium on our way out and explained what had happened. She seated us within 5 minutes and there were plenty of empty tables. Why the inside doesn't know what's happening outside, I don't know. The Caesar and the deep dish pizza were outstanding, although next time we'll go back to the regular pizza. Service was great and it was a beautiful night outside. Too bad a surly hostess almost ruined it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaconiaMarkVIPDined on 5/31/2014Dripping from the ceiling in the cooking area took away most of the ambience. It was apparently from the cooling system and not a leaky roof but still didn't instill confidence in the quality and safety of the food.
- Weird serviceIlovepizza2Dined on 5/31/2014The waiter joked that my friends ID was fake, then came back and re checked it, messed up her wine order, messed up her food order, and didn't offer it on the house for the incredibly embarrassing inconvenience. I usually love this place, but Saturday night was not a good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with friendsmaplegroveDined on 5/27/2014Waitress interrupted, did not check back Friends loved the fig pizza, my salad so soSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious homemade cheeseChaoDined on 5/19/2014Fantastic homemade cheese sampler for our table left plenty of good leftover. The pizzas we got were pretty delicious with some non-standard toppings. Great atmosphere and service, without question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Poor ServiceRickeyDined on 5/18/2014The food in Mozza Mia was great! The pizza was delicious, the fried goat cheese was phenomenal, yet the service was extremely poor. We sat outside in the outdoor area in front of the restaurant. The waitress came and took our drink and food order. After that, we never saw her again. The food was delivered by runners and we were by ourselves the rest of the time. After it came time to leave, we had to ask the hostess to get us our bill since the waitress was missing. She sent another waitress who seemed annoyed at us for wanting service. We had to wait about 25 minutes from when we asked for our bill to finally getting it. Other tables outside were complaining about the lack of service provided.Special Features:
- Sunday night kids eat freeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014RUINED atmosphere for 4 adults dining amongst the din of screaming children. Food outstanding. Skip Sunday night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itKittDined on 5/17/2014can't wait to go again! I had the raviolis and they are to die for -- my husband loved the spaghetti and meatballs too. The sauce was great!Special Features:
- Great Mozzarella at a fun place!SonyaPlus3Dined on 5/16/2014We have been several times but took a couple of first timers with us. It was good to experience thru their eyes. It was a great meal (their mozzarella on anything - capresse, brushetta, pizza, sampler - is so delicious!) and the service was great. It's a little loud and I would encourage reservations to avoid the wait but definitely recommend a visit. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!CookingkatieVIPDined on 5/15/2014We were celebrating our 13th year anniversary. We got there in time for Happy hour and ordered the Beet salad. It was ok nothing to knock your socks off BUT the Caprese salad! OMG! It was their mozzarella (made in house 3x daily) with the freshest tomatoes and basil in olive oil and salt on top - YUM. We also ordered the goats cheese salad. Absolutely wonderful. It had pears, bacon, arugula and the best balsamic on it. The goats cheese had a light breading on the outside and I think chive in the inside. Our pizza was incredible. The crust was outstanding and cooked t perfection. Best part -waitress heard it was our anniversary and brought us a surprise molten lava cake with hazelnut inside and a side of gelato!! HEAVEN. All that under $50!!
- great serviceMJSalinasDined on 5/12/2014Nothing better than going out for lunch with my husband and receiving wonderful, friendly and thoughtful service from our server! Made our day special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service slow and pizza garlickyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014The service was terrible twice. Our pizza was not edible due to the amount of garlic. Our server never checked on us after the food was served and we didn't have a chance to order another beverage.Special Features:
- KateVIPDined on 5/9/2014Homemade Pasta was so, so yummy. And of course, the mozzarella is fantastic. We will be back many more times.Special Features: