3910 W 50th Street
Edina, MN 55424Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.mozzamia.com/
- Phone: 9522882882x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11am - 10pm
Sunday: 11am - 9pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Corrine Sherbert DeCamp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: Book The Party Room at Mozza Mia. It's ideal for any occasion.
Join the Parasole Dining Club. It's free and more rewarding than ever! http://www.parasole.com/diningclub/
A word from Mozza Mia
Join us for family cooking form Calabria, Napoli and Sicily. Mozza Mia Pizza Pie and Mozzarella Bar offers wood-fired pizza, fresh house made mozzarella and baked pastas. Experience a simple menu with pure and powerful flavors made for hardworking, hungry people. Enjoy dining on our sidewalk patio.Continued
We offer a full bar open to close, daily. Enjoy local and Italian draft beers, a simple easy wine list, limoncello and classic and fun cocktails.
We offer a full bar open to close, daily. Enjoy local and Italian draft beers, a simple easy wine list, limoncello and classic and fun cocktails.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Mozza Mia - Best Restaurants in Edina ›
Mozza Mia reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)great for outdoor dining (37)kid-friendly (29)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (28)great for lunch (21)hot spot (12)special occasion (10)notable wine list (9)romantic (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- 10/22/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014My friend and I had a reservation for dinner at 5:00. We were seated in a booth with a great view of the pasta making. Server, I believe her name was Carol was very good. Tortellini was ok. Cannelloni was the special that night and it was fantastic!Special Features:
- Fresh and FantasticCookingkatieVIPDined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed yet another great meal at Mozza Mia's. We tried the deep dish pizza since it won awards. It was good but the original crust is so hard to top we will most likely order that again. Several people had salads and thought they were terrific. One person had the Carbonara whcih came with an egg on top that you had to break yourself - quite yummy! Thanks againSpecial Features:
- Good time but not amazingKelkelDined on 10/17/2014Not disappointed at all but was not wowed. I had high expectations of their mozzarella and was not overly impressed. Their pizza was good. Had the sausage which was great (and spicy). I prefer Punch Pizza for woodfire or Black Sheep.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowlunchVIPDined on 10/5/2014Slow service and we had to wait 45 minutes for a regular crust pizza when there were only five other tables of diners in the place! Once it arrived, the pizza was good. Not sure if it was the Inattentive server or the kitchen... The salads are a bit uninspired and could use more imagination. Nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good dealindymovieDined on 9/30/2014great pizza, good wine, excellent gelato and movie tickets too. easy date night. great service.Special Features:
- Unique placeUniqueDined on 9/30/2014Very unique. Nothing else like it. Food was really good. Very relaxing environment. Nice servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MamaVIPDined on 9/29/2014We shared the caprese salad and a deep dish pizza and everything was terrific!Special Features:
- disappointingmozzamamaVIPDined on 9/28/2014Really disappointing but somehow they struggled to make three pizzas come out anywhere near the same time and two weren't as ordered. Come'on Moz
- Reservations2for8Dined on 9/27/2014We made reservations through Open Table, which is always dependable. We let the host know our names. But were told we still had to wait at the end of a very long check in line of people asking how long the wait may be and some leaving their names. The food is always excellent along with the wait staff. But don't expect your reservation to be honored!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch time-great service & foodNcydunDined on 9/26/2014knowledgeable staff, perfect place to sit on a warm Sept. Day. The Pizza was excellent.Special Features:
- ContinuousPamelaVIPDined on 9/25/2014The food is always great and the waitstaff offers just the right menu items.Special Features:
- Embarrassed by the horrible serviceTerribleDined on 9/20/2014We had reservations for a Birthday at 7:00. We arrived at 6:40 and we didn't get seated until just after 7:30. Our waitress was soft spoken and very confused. She did no check in to ask how our food was, or offer additional drinks. We did not even get a second drink because it wasn't offered. One of the guests wanted to discreetly pay for the birthday girl, and the waitress made it very uncomfortable by not taking cues and asking her to explain louder why she had been handed two slips and one card. The waitress took the receipts off of the table before they had been signed by one of the guests. The lighting was bright making the atmosphere rushed and awkward. I am completely embarrassed that I suggested this restaurant for a celebration.
- Enjoyed the last warm sun of summerChristiVIPDined on 9/20/2014Visited for the first time and sat on the patio on Sept 20, when it was still warm and sunny. Enjoyed this very much. Service was good, the food was delicious (we all got lunch size traditional thin crust pizzas and were not disappointed). I very much look forward to returning to try the fresh mozzarella tasting platter with a group of friends, and enjoying the delightful aroma of onions and garlic sautéing inside the building.Special Features:
- AwesomeDan2Plus2Dined on 9/16/2014Went with friend and kids. Server Jakub was awesome. Friendly and great fun. Appetizer came out wrong but manager made the correction, gave us the wrong one free while we waited for right one. Just a great experience by Jakub and the Manager. We love this place and have never been disappointed. Food is great. Pizzas are very good. Baked pasta was delicious. Kids got some dough to play with while waited for food. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Pizza and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Great pizza and even better service. We stopped in for a quick, late dinner and had some amazing pizza. Ryan took excellent care of the 3 of us.Special Features:
- Disappointing Deep DishKevanDined on 8/28/2014This was my second time ordering a deep dish here, the first was better and brought me back for a second try. This one was pretty disappointing. LOTS of Crust, which was a bit doughy and tough, a luke-warm middle (which, on a deep dish with a lot of cheese, is pretty gross) and very sparse toppings: pepp. and sausage were ordered, though only rumoured on the actual pizza, and tomatoes on top were very few, leaving us with a dry dough-bomb with an undercooked middle and no toppings to speak of. What happened??
- Will Go Back!rmsweeneyDined on 8/18/2014I had dinner on the patio with a friend. The patio is small and tight but accessible. There was some road working going on early in our dinner which was noisy but didn't last long. The only drawback was slow delivery on some happy hour appetizers. The kitchen staff explained that they were inadvertently delivered to the wrong table. The service was attentive but not rushed. The food was very flavorful! My friend had a brick-oven margherita pizza and I had tortellini baronessa. I'll definitely be back and would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Great ServiceFoodiefamilyDined on 8/17/2014We had a little problem with our table and the wait staff and manager moved us and gave us free dessert. Service and attention was great. Also a fan of the Italian wine listSpecial Features:
- Great Deep Dish Pizza- bad noiseFJGGDined on 8/16/2014The Pizza was terrific but could use some Garlic, the noise level is horribleSpecial Features:
- Look at my kids!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The food and service were great. There were to many families that were way to oblivious to how annoying their children are. I have two of my own and I think they are great, however, I have never let them cruise around a restaurant unattended. Please control your children or have the decency to hire a babysitter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Mozza Mia1whoeatsDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I enjoyed a gorgeous Thursday supper outside at Mozza Mia. Great outdoor sidewalk dining setting amongst all the flowers. Our server was experienced and even kept up with my insatiable thirst for pop. Loved the wrapped breadstick appetizers and was impressed with there specialty: the wood fired pizza. Will definitely be returning in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great, esp. for the $$CouchDined on 8/2/2014House made mozzarella, where else can you get that? However, beyond that, nothing to justify the steep prices they are charging. Our garlic bread was burned, and so was my daughter's kid's meal pizza. My wife and I both ordered pizzas ($15 for a personal-size pizza? C'mon!). The crust was thin - crispy on the outside, but limp in the middle. Toppings were tasty, but not a ton of them. Our waitress was nice and fairly attentive, but service was slow overall. We ordered gelato for dessert, and each of us made a bathroom trip (15-20 minutes total), and the dessert still wasn't on the table - seriously, how long does it take to scoop some ice cream? We asked for the check and skipped dessert. $75 for 2 pizzas an appetizer + kid's meal?!?!Special Features:
- Yummy, as always!MrsMoofDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I went to Mozza Mia on a Friday night for dinner. Jacob was an awesome server! The food was delicious. My only complaint is that we couldn't get just a ball of mozzerella. We would have had to do the cheese sampler to get a ball of mozzerella, which was too much food for us. Bummer b/c they have excellent homemade mozzerella.Special Features:
- Mazza Mia Hanging in thereWickyVIPDined on 7/19/2014This location has struggled for restaurants during my 11 years in Edina, but MM seems to be holding it's own. I had not been for a while, but we stopped in for dinner with my 11-yr-old and had a great meal the other night. The special pasta dish with golden beats, goat cheese, and white wine butter sauce was fantastic (they should put it on the regular menu). We also ordered a chopped salad that was great for sharing. We won't hesitate to visit more often after this experience.Special Features:
- Loved the mozzarella & pizza!MarineDined on 7/19/2014We ordered the small cheese sampler plate and the fresh mozzarella was delicious as was the buffalo mozzarella. I ordered a wood fired daily special pizza - italian sausage, pepperoni, & bacon and added mushrooms - which was also very tasty. We tried a new wine and we loved it. We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather just after noon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow yet not busyLisieVIPDined on 7/16/2014This was our first visit to Mozza Mia. We made a reservation but the restaurant was not busy with the exception of the outdoor area. The wait person was prompt and attentive but the time to receive our appetizer and entrees was extremely long.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2014Appetizers seemed a little pricey for what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Delicious pizza and our server, Jakub, was great! The OpenTable reservation app was easy to use and made it quick to get our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good PizzaPizzafanDined on 7/11/2014Overall we were not very pleased with the appetizers and salads but the pizzas were really good. It was a little too casual and loud for a nice "date night" that we were looking for.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2014Beautiful summer evening so we sat outside. had appetizers and pizza. Appetizers were amazing (beet salad and asparagus). Pizza was very good as well. Overall experience was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationlousy36Dined on 7/3/2014waitress was friendly, and attentive. Appreciated that husband's birthday was noted by serving him a great dessert with sparkler(birthday was 7/3). It made him happy! The outdoor patio was enjoyable….beautiful evening, weather absolutely perfect. I didn't feel the food was anything extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second visit betteru17cqniDined on 6/28/2014Much better than first visit when we made our pizza. On this visit the aspariga pizza was marvelous. Tasty and well prepared. Waitress recommended we dip the pizza in olive oil and some salt. It enhanced the flavor. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 776 reviews are from the Mozza Mia reviews archive.
- WoodlandBoyVIPDined on 6/26/2014very nice light or lite lunch menu. Everything was tastySpecial Features:
- Mozza Mia! Yes please.MonaLisaVIPDined on 6/22/2014Our first time at Mozza Mia was a lovely lunch with girlfriends on the spacious outdoor patio. A perfect place on a Sunday afternoon. We all loved the fresh mozzarella and buratta cheeses. DELIGHTFUL. Service was great ( especially the host who kept us updated on the weather report) and making sure we were all happy campers. We were. Salads were fresh. The oven pizza was yummy. A great day!Special Features:
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We really like Mozza Mia and have been there several times. Our only complaint is the noise level, we could hardly hear each other. We aren't elderly and have no hearing issues, but we weren't in a booth and maybe the tables are the worst. We find this in many restaurants now, I think it's something the owners like because you label it "energetic" but I would label it too noisy. I don't want a supper club atmosphere, I just don't want to have to shout or strain to hear. I know nothing will change as this is the trend, but energetic is a polite way of saying loud.Special Features:
- Delicious!out2lunchDined on 6/14/2014Food was delicious, and plentiful! Fun place, definitely make a reservation for a Sat night. Very family friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We have gone to Mozza Mia 4 times this month. The first 3 were great! The food was off the charts amazing. The service is usually so good in face most of them go out of their way to be courteous and thoughtful.This past time our server was terrible and we waited 45 minutes after ordering because the chef was watching the world cup. The food as always was top notch and is usually not an issue with how long your food comes out.Special Features:
- Great Food, Blah ServiceRichfieldFoodieDined on 6/13/2014Our table and the table to my left both waited 15 minutes (an ETERNITY when you sit down in a restaurant) before the guy at the other table was able to flag down a server and let them know we still hadn't had a server stop by at either of our tables. I was just about to ask them if they had anyone stop by their table. Not a happy experience. Server finally came by. To make a long story short, the food was excellent. The porchetta pizza = two thumbs up. The dates wrapped in panchetta and stuffed with some sort of cheese (I've forgotten the name) we're incredible. I could probably eat an entire plate of just those. Food gets an A+, service get's a C-.Special Features:
- Bad Customer ServiceWillieVDined on 6/13/2014Our 50th Wedding anniversary and we chose Mozza Mia for our special dinner. I ordered the spaghetti with meat balls and marinara sauce. When it came I asked the waitress for a little more sauce. She brought me a small portion and I said that may not be enough. She told me that if I wanted more, I would have to pay extra for it. I said that I needed more but would not pay extra. She finally brought another small portion. I thought it was dumb to pay extra for sauce that should have been on the pasta in the first place. Finally the manager came by and I explained why I was upset. He did not apologize or explain what the store policy was. Just before we were leaving 2 drinks arrived w/o explanation, which we could not handle.
- MarilynBecksDined on 6/11/2014Beautiful day to sit outside! Staff was attentive and food was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.