Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro
878 W. 4th Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mozelles.com/
- Phone: 3367035400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Dinner: Friday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm Serving Brunch from 11:00am to 2:00pm and Dinner Menu ALL DAY
Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm Serving Brunch from 11:00am to 2:00pm and Dinner Menu ALL DAY
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Janis Karathanas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private Parties at Your Home or Office
We will happily bring our yummy food to you and send our waitstaff to serve your guests. Call to schedule your next event.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Parties at Mozelle's
Why make a mess at your home or office when you can enjoy our atmosphere and food and not have to worry about the clean-up?
On Our Covered Patio
From a small intimate gathering to a feisty celebration with 30 people, the bistro's covered patio will comfortably accommodate. Heated in the winter, cooled in the summer, and open-air for spring and fall — the patio is perfect anytime.
Reserve the Entire Restaurant
Need the royal treatment? We will close our doors to everyone else and your event can use our main dining area, covered open-air patio as well as our sidewalk seating. (70+ seats)
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer, Janis or Tamara 3367035400
- Special Events: For Special Events or for Parties more than 6, please call the restaurant and speak with a manager. Thanks!
A word from Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro
Welcome to Mozelle’s Fresh Southern Bistro, a downtown Winston-Salem restaurant. The cuisine at Mozelle's is southern-inspired and comprised of the finest and freshest ingredients. In addition to great food, patrons enjoy our cozy and lively atmosphere. Come for lunch or dinner with friends and family, or reserve our open-air covered patio and allow Mozelle's to host your events. For parties larger than 6 please call the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro - Best Restaurants in Winston-Salem ›
Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (101)great for outdoor dining (87)fit for foodies (82)great for lunch (55)special occasion (54)romantic (41)great for brunch (41)hot spot (21)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (8)good for groups (7)late-night find (5)Show More
- One of our favoritesNCDeaconVIPDined on 8/25/2014Sitting at a sidewalk table, enjoying a bottle of wine and delicious food, on a beautiful late summer evening, dinner doesn't get much better than this. I had that evening's special which was NC Trout with roasted vegetables and a delicious cream sauce. My husband enjoyed the Scallop appetizer with risotto, and a house salad and was equally content. Will was our wonderful server. Pretty much a perfect dinner. Just sad we had no room for the bread pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date nightfoodlogicVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our food was awesome and our waiter new everything on the menu like the back of his hand. My boyfriend and I had a great eveningSpecial Features:
- Quite a findVinceKerrazziDined on 8/20/2014A fantastic example of the phrase "Southern Bistro". This restaurant had fantastic food for reasonable prices, and exemplary service. I will certainly be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations MeetOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/20/2014I had heard about this place and finally got there to try it. It has a diner feeling and a good selection on the menu. Prices are also very reasonable. It is in a neighborhood which has a nice feel. Definitely a place to put on your list if you have not tried yet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Loved Mozelle's. Food was excellent. I had the BELT, Bacon Egg Lettuce and Tomato on a wonderful croissant. Delish!Special Features:
- good food; go earlyWinstonGrandmaDined on 8/16/2014small restaurant in high demand, so difficult to get in for dinner without reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware the collard greensCindy48NCDined on 8/11/2014I got the collard greens with bacon, b/c they are good for you & I love bacon. They were rather greasy & WAY too hot. I have no idea what made them so hot, but my eyes were running & 2days later my tongue still feels burned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!BrianVIPDined on 8/9/2014Delicious Southern food, with a flare. Very tasty! I loved every minute of it. Service gracious enoughSpecial Features:
- Eclectic gemlonestarcornhuskerDined on 8/3/2014Daughter and I were doing the college tour--hitting Wake Forest. What a gem of a restaurant! Neat older area of Winston-Salem. Charming wait staff and interesting diners. Ate inside but had a beautiful view of the outdoors and the folks dining outside--one with a beautiful dog by their side. Entrees were top notch but the desserts were exquisite. We split a chocolate creme brûlée--subtle chocolate--and just perfect. The bread pudding with pecans, etc. was comfort food extraordinaire. The whole trip put Wake Forest at the top of my daughter's list to date---and this restaurant certainly could only have helped. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and good foodwestenderDined on 8/1/2014We were running late for our reservation but the restaurant called and they held our table for us. Very friendly.
- great experiencewinstongirlDined on 7/31/2014All four in our party found our dinners to be delicious. Salmon was cooked perfectly, collards were nice and spicy, beet salad was a lovely new menu item. We were there on Thursday when Mozelle's offers four wines for $4 per glass. We found the wines offered to be to our liking and were impressed that they were good quality. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Always excellent!LocalmammalDined on 7/25/2014I've been a Mozelle's regular since it opened. The food and service are always perfect, I never hesitate to take anybody there because I know the visit will be a success! They keep the old standbys and favorites while always introducing new specials, etc., which I think is the right approach for this restaurant.Special Features:
- Slow down, pleaseWaldVIPDined on 7/25/2014We have dined there many times., this time with out of town guests. The food is always great. This time we were eating our salads, when the entrees arrived. the restaurant was not full and there was no reason to rush us. Because there was not rally room on the table for all the plates, it was awkward and made us rush. Slow down, please!
- Never disappoints!LulaJDined on 7/18/2014We can always count in Mozelle's to deliver a delicious meal, and as usual we were not disappointed! We even took our kids (for the first time) and sat outside. We all enjoyed our food and left happy and looking forward to coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mozelle's MenuFoodluvaDined on 7/18/2014This was my second trip to this upscale Southern cuisine restaurant downtown Winston-Salem. The reinvention of these Dixie favorites has gotten me hooked on this little gem. I'm planning my way on working my way through the entire menu, but thus far the flat iron steak with collards and the fried chicken (amazing grits) have got me looking forward to our next visit. The restaurant is small and intimate so be sure and make a reservation.Special Features:
- First-time guest - BirthdayNorthernSouthernDined on 7/14/2014Recommended by a colleague and was a delight for my family and my 12 and 13 year old children. The southern entrees were familiar dishes, with appealing presentation and amazing taste. Fabulous experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNCDeaconVIPDined on 7/14/2014Great food, but uncomfortable inside temp. Really warm inside, when temps are too hot to eat outside.Feel sorry for the cook staff, they must be sweltering. We got the Oso Bucco special, which was delicious. Also the Fried Chicken which is a trademark, always delicious. My husband says Mozelle's needs to revamp their seating/building conditions, inside and out, and the place would be perfect. I tend to agree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best salmon everOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014We visited Mozelles for our anniversary. We had the salmon and the tomato pie. The salmon was cooked to perfection and was definitely the best salmon I've ever tasted! The bread pudding for dessert was incredible. Our waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable. Will definitely go back to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Foodhate2cookDined on 7/11/2014We have had dinner here 3 times in the past 2 months, and each time everyone at the table loved their selection. It is difficult to choose just 1 entree as the best: chicken with peach chutney, tomato pie, meatloaf medallions…………We would like to see the chocolate cream pie there permanently!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!GreatlocalfindDined on 7/11/2014Freshly prepared! Perfection Meatloaf and Shrimp and Grits! Personable and attentive waitstaff.5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its all about the foodStevemVIPDined on 7/8/2014I always love the neighborhood feel and smallness of the place. The star is is the food. From the creative dishes, wonderful flavors and southern feel theres no other like it anywhere. Lunch is equally as good as dinnerSpecial Features:
- Always OutstandingsamgoodDined on 7/6/2014A hidden gem in downtown Winston-Salem. The food is always creative, the service great and flavors blend like thanksgiving at mom's. A great place to people watch but the view from the counter of the kitchen ballet is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scallops and Oso BuccoNCDeaconVIPDined on 6/30/2014I had the scallop appetizer which had 2 nice size scallops, with a lovely little salad that was full of taste. Other side was a nice herb farro. Hubby had the nightly special of pork Oso Bucco. It was cooked nicely and fork tender. Just needed more sauce for more taste. Pea and corn salad light and tasty. Finished with vanilla key lime pie. Probably high light of meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Good!DashDinerDined on 6/28/2014This place does not disappoint. The gourmet meatloaf with cheese grits and spicy greens was amazing. I also had a bite of my girlfriend's scallops and they were probably that best that I've ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheap & Cheerful!FredBloggsVIPDined on 6/28/2014A great little spot with great food! We enjoyed the dinner so much we returned the next day (we are from out-of-town).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food89BobDined on 6/23/2014Visited for 30th Anniversary. Food was great! Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as always!GMK1Dined on 6/22/2014Favorite spot for most any ocassion. Probably not the best place for kids, but kids who don't need a lot of space to move around or be active, would be fine. I'm sure there's a reason I should order something besides the tomoto pie, I just haven't figured that reason out yet.Special Features:
- Celebration specialOutadventDined on 6/18/2014Went to enjoy a birthday and it was the right choice. Marvelous tomato pie, and solid entrees for the others. Flavorful, attractive presentation, and great service. Be warned that reservations are in order--there is limited seating and while we were there several groups were turned away. Mozelle's is one of our favorites for a casual dinner on the town.Special Features:
- excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Everything at mozelles is impeccable. The food, service, and atmosphere are top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchFoodlover2Dined on 6/15/2014Great food and excellent service.It was our second visit and definitely we look forward to many others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dinner and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Mozelle's has yet to disappoint, this is an amazing restaurant for great food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food was fantasticBhcfoodieDined on 6/10/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at mozelle's! My wife's scallops were perfect, and my meatloaf was a unique and delicious surprise. Our service could have been better, especially since there weren't many people there, but the quality made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a trip to WinstonSamitoDined on 6/8/2014Great place to eat brunch on a Sunday morning. Spent a day in Winston Salem, Mozelle's was a great addition to a pleasant day trip around downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014We had a good meal, but I was hoping for a little more flare. Not as reasonable as I anticipated, but again the food was good. I would rather go for lunch.
- Brunch is fantastic!NCfoodieDined on 6/1/2014Highly recommend for Sunday brunch for the family - with a foodie menu and fun atmosphere!Special Features:
- A neighborhood gem with atmosphereNCFoodieVIPDined on 5/31/2014In Winstem-Salem for Salute! wine festival, dined at Mozelle's that evening. What a lovely spot with food to match. We weren't that hungry so settled on the brie and salads. All were excellent, service was attentive and the atmosphere had a nice vibe. Definitely would recommend to anyone visiting WS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- see belowgrannyDined on 5/31/2014We love Mozelle's! The food is great and the service excellant! Great outdoor seating and yummy brunch. It is small so reservations are a must but I have never had a meal that I didn't enjoy! Great shrimp and grits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites1downtowndinerDined on 5/31/2014I've had dinner several times over the years and consistency is hard to find, but that is why I return. I've had many different items from their menu and have enjoyed each of them, not had a single visit where the staff let me down, excellent dining choice in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.WFUDeacDined on 5/24/2014Traveling to Winston-Salem for a weekend stay at Graylyn. We discovered Mozelle's on OpenTable.com. We received awesome food and great service in an energetic environment. Our server was very helpful with food and beverage recommendations. Looking forward to returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite of OursJaniceDined on 5/22/2014We both enjoy Mozelle, menu has a nice variety of Southern flair food, and is always excellent. The staff at Mozelle's are friendly, prompt service. I like to meet friends there, it if the weather is nice sit outside. A great little place for lunch or dinner.Special Features: