Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro
878 W. 4th Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mozelles.com/
- Phone: (336) 703-5400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Dinner: Friday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm Serving Brunch from 11:00am to 2:00pm and Dinner Menu ALL DAY
Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm Serving Brunch from 11:00am to 2:00pm and Dinner Menu ALL DAY
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Janis Karathanas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private Parties at Your Home or Office
We will happily bring our yummy food to you and send our waitstaff to serve your guests. Call to schedule your next event.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Parties at Mozelle's
Why make a mess at your home or office when you can enjoy our atmosphere and food and not have to worry about the clean-up?
On Our Covered Patio
From a small intimate gathering to a feisty celebration with 30 people, the bistro's covered patio will comfortably accommodate. Heated in the winter, cooled in the summer, and open-air for spring and fall — the patio is perfect anytime.
Reserve the Entire Restaurant
Need the royal treatment? We will close our doors to everyone else and your event can use our main dining area, covered open-air patio as well as our sidewalk seating. (70+ seats)
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer, Janis or Tamara 3367035400
- Special Events: For Special Events or for Parties more than 6, please call the restaurant and speak with a manager. Thanks!
A word from Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro
Welcome to Mozelle’s Fresh Southern Bistro, a downtown Winston-Salem restaurant. The cuisine at Mozelle's is southern-inspired and comprised of the finest and freshest ingredients. In addition to great food, patrons enjoy our cozy and lively atmosphere. Come for lunch or dinner with friends and family, or reserve our open-air covered patio and allow Mozelle's to host your events. For parties larger than 6 please call the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro - Best Restaurants in Winston-Salem ›
Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (81)fit for foodies (72)great for outdoor dining (55)special occasion (52)great for lunch (43)romantic (32)great for brunch (25)notable wine list (18)hot spot (17)good for groups (12)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- a winston salem standardavocatVIPDined on 11/21/2014Mozelle's is fun. This tight vibrant space, hugging around the open kitchen, spurs conversation. A great place to bring out-of-town guests. And the menu continues to be fresh with a good wine selection. Its West End location is great as well. This is our go to, end of week neighborhood comfort spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014Mozelle's always delivers a perfect meal and service. I enjoyed taking an out of town family member who had heard wonderful reviews from outside sources.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coming BackPeytonRoseDined on 11/16/2014This is the second time I've eaten at Mozelle's, and hopefully it won't be the last. The food is always delicious, and caters to a wide variety of diets. The service is attentive without being overbearing, and it's quiet enough to carry on a conversation without having to shout. Absolutely wonderful, I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eveningWsncVIPDined on 11/9/2014Always consistently good, service as well. We were promply seated by our reservation on a busy night, I always feel that they are very well managedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!GuardDined on 11/7/2014We just moved to Winston-Salem an we will definitely be coming back to Mozelle's! The bacon wrapped meatloaf is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but average serviceJimmimacDined on 11/4/2014We celebrated a birthday dinner at Mozelle's because it has a menu item that the birthday lady really likes. She was not disappointed with the food nor was I but the service started out slowly as we sat for almost 15 minutes before being approached by our server. After this slow start, everything went well and everyone enjoyed their meal as the food was delicious.Special Features:
- ParnacParnacDined on 11/1/2014Our favorite Winston restaurant. Small and limited seating. We drive from Greensboro so it's a 60 mile delight. The tomato pie is exceptional. Another favorite is tomato soup and grilled cheese for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistenly Fantastic!foodandfunVIPDined on 11/1/2014Of all of the great restaurants in Winston Salem, this is at the top of the list! Food is always excellent and the service is always top notch. Fried Chicken and Tomato Pie are both must haves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SplendidKatkatDined on 10/27/2014The wait staff were helpful and pleasant. Everyone at our table enjoyed their meal. It was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susanDined on 10/27/2014Loved the freekeh salad! The rest of the group had the tomato pie and said it was good too. I have a hearing disability, but had no problem carrying on conversation..The waiter was adorable.Special Features:
- Walker12Dined on 10/25/2014Our Wake Forest student was looking forward to a yummy dinner out in WS and Mozelle's hit the mark with our entire group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in Winston-Salem?donbeyDined on 10/24/2014A wonderful place to eat. Delicious meals all around our table. Party of five all shared a few appetizers & had different entrees...Appetizers vanished almost instantly for all the right reasons, and everyone claimed their main course was the best on the menu--trout; meatloaf; fried chicken; steak; duck--every single choice just fabulous. Beautiful plates of food with different sides. The steak places in town are very, very good. I'd rather go to Mozelle's.Special Features:
- First Time, But not LasttrufoodiencDined on 10/18/2014This was my first time at the restaurant. My friend and I had made reservations online prior to attending a concert. When we arrived, the host/waitress greeted us in such welcoming way. The restaurant was cozy and has both indoor and outdoor seating. It's a nice restaurant for a couple or group. I loved the ambiance, and the location downtown was perfect--not too congested. Our waiter/waitress were so patient and friendly. The southern charm was definitely there, and the food was amazing! We've already said that this restaurant was "our spot" when we return to Winston-Salem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stepping upavocatVIPDined on 10/17/2014Winston's food scene is on the move. Mozzelle's had added great new dishes to the already outstanding favorites. Already a favorite for locals in the West End, it is a great destination for any culinary journey in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Mozelle'sButterDined on 10/13/2014Mozelle's offers good food with a Southern twist at a reasonable price. The menu changes according to the seasons with imaginative offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/9/2014Thank goodness for Mozelle's! The food and service are both excellent.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 10/6/2014True Southern cuisine from days gone by. The Toddle House chocolate pie is today as I remember it from 60 years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended by a friendHPStorksonDined on 10/3/2014I am so glad we went and tried this place while we were in town for a short 24 hours.Special Features:
- Mozelle's Southern BistrovolunteerDined on 10/2/2014Excellent service, allowed the guest to enjoy the meal without service interruptions, the menu was very diverse and the use of southern cooking with the fresh bistro fare was a great concept, a must go to restaurant when in Winston Salem North CarolinaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014We loved, loved, LOVED IT! This was our first time as a friend recommended. Everything was delicious. Wonderful atmosphere, very cute setting, and very informative and friendly staff. Will definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Special treatWFUMOMDined on 9/27/2014This was my second time to Mozelle and it was just as good as the first time. From starters I had to increase my number of guests & didn't know whether that would be a problem & it wasn't. Then our server was just terrific esp. with recommendations. All of our meals were outstanding including the light Bread pudding dessert. The whole experience was perfect ~ thank you Mozelle ~ we will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Winston Salem!WsEatsDined on 9/25/2014Yet another perfect experience at Mozelle's! My husband and I have never been disappointed here and it is truly our favorite place to go in Winston. Mozelle's is the perfect combination of upscale dining and southern comfort food. The staff is always so polite and pleasant. And the food... Oh my goodness the food! I have tried multiple entrees/apps/desserts and everything is absolutely delicious. Now, every time we eat there I just HAVE to get the tomato pie. It is simply the best meal I've had in a really long time, and it never disappoints. Thank you Mozelle's for a truly unique and delicious dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pj68Dined on 9/20/2014No Bread served with meal even though the special had bread. No steak sauces except ketchup. I have never eaten in a restaurant that did not serve any bread with meal especially with the price of the food. Nor not have any steak sauce. We were seated at the front door which we excepted but our reservations were for 6:00pm and not a lot of traffic coming in at that time but it wasn't long until it was like a revolving door didn't care for that. We won't be coming back our son gave us a gift certificate for Christmas for $75.00 so we felt that we needed to use it and we invited my brother in-law and his wife because they had just had birthdays on Sept. 6 and Sept. 17. Ryan's Steakhouse would be my choice they have the extras.Special Features:
- A new meaning for "slow" foodcanawler49Dined on 9/17/2014Service was slow (it seemed very busy for a Wednesday evening), our table at the end of the indoor dining area was too warm, but the food was good.
- Tomato pie. Yum!StoinkDined on 9/12/2014I had to let that tomato pie cool off a little before I could start chomping, but it was wonderful. My friend seemed to like the barbecue and the mac and cheese. I was not wild about the fried pickles, but I kept eating them. Compulsively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing special entreeNCDeaconVIPDined on 9/8/2014My husband had the pork ribeye special and it was out of this world. The side of green bean casserole needs to be added to the regular menu. The whole restaurant was raving about it. My husband subbed mashed tomatoes for the Spanish rice (which didn't seem to fit). And he said it was one of the best meals he's ever had! Topped off with Mozelles bread pudding, he was a happy boy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your average fried chickenrichinloveDined on 9/7/2014I am wary of "southern cuisine" because it is often too filling and heavy, but this was neither, and it was superb - familiar food with a fresh twist. We had fried chicken, shrimp and grits, and creme brulee, all of which were delicious. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Awesome Lit SpotRobinDined on 9/6/2014This was the first time my husband ate at Mozelles and he loved it. My hubby is a finicky eater and I was hoping he would like the food and he did. The restaurant is a such a lit quaint restaurant with the most amazing food and the service is always good. It's a small restaurant with much character indeed. One would love the meatloaf and fried chicken. They are both succulent dishes with the spicy collard greens. It is a restaurant one should try for great southern eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved itBtobDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I went there to celebrate our anniversary. We sat outside and had a nice view of 4th strret in Winston-Salem. As we wre outside, the noise level was very low. Just a few passinfg cars on a Saturday evening. The food was very food and well presented. It's a small place and the outside seating was a very nice touch. Since we did not dine inside I cannot comment on teh experience doing that. If I return in the winter months and dine inside I'll comment on that.Special Features:
- Foodie foodTMendelsohnDined on 9/6/2014Fantastic brunch, be bold, but if you're reading this, I already know you are.Special Features:
- best foodscallops andLoveToEatDowntownDined on 9/5/2014Scallops and flank steak were the best. And the bread pudding is to die for. Service is often hit and miss especially if Jennifer is not thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit!TeresaDined on 8/30/2014I celebrated my birthday here with friends and could not have had a better time! The beet salad was so scrumptious and the signature meatloaf was just as amazing as it was the first time I had it! The service at this little bistro is always warm, friendly, and accommodating. Mozelle's has definitely become a mainstay for Winston-Salem natives. You will always find spectacular specials here, and it's so exciting to see the menu change with the season, as the food here is farm-to-table. Hands down, one of my favorite restaurants in town!Special Features:
- Terrific!BrendaDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I had lunch at Mozelle's last Sunday, and we'll definitely be back. The food was wonderful - I had fried chicken and my husband had the shrimp and grits. Out waiter was top notch! Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesNCDeaconVIPDined on 8/25/2014Sitting at a sidewalk table, enjoying a bottle of wine and delicious food, on a beautiful late summer evening, dinner doesn't get much better than this. I had that evening's special which was NC Trout with roasted vegetables and a delicious cream sauce. My husband enjoyed the Scallop appetizer with risotto, and a house salad and was equally content. Will was our wonderful server. Pretty much a perfect dinner. Just sad we had no room for the bread pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date nightfoodlogicVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our food was awesome and our waiter new everything on the menu like the back of his hand. My boyfriend and I had a great eveningSpecial Features:
- Quite a findVinceKerrazziDined on 8/20/2014A fantastic example of the phrase "Southern Bistro". This restaurant had fantastic food for reasonable prices, and exemplary service. I will certainly be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations MeetOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/20/2014I had heard about this place and finally got there to try it. It has a diner feeling and a good selection on the menu. Prices are also very reasonable. It is in a neighborhood which has a nice feel. Definitely a place to put on your list if you have not tried yet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Loved Mozelle's. Food was excellent. I had the BELT, Bacon Egg Lettuce and Tomato on a wonderful croissant. Delish!Special Features:
- good food; go earlyWinstonGrandmaDined on 8/16/2014small restaurant in high demand, so difficult to get in for dinner without reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware the collard greensCindy48NCDined on 8/11/2014I got the collard greens with bacon, b/c they are good for you & I love bacon. They were rather greasy & WAY too hot. I have no idea what made them so hot, but my eyes were running & 2days later my tongue still feels burned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.