Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro
878 W. 4th Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mozelles.com/
- Phone: 3367035400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Dinner: Friday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm Serving Brunch from 11:00am to 2:00pm and Dinner Menu ALL DAY
Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm Serving Brunch from 11:00am to 2:00pm and Dinner Menu ALL DAY
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Janis Karathanas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private Parties at Your Home or Office
We will happily bring our yummy food to you and send our waitstaff to serve your guests. Call to schedule your next event.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Parties at Mozelle's
Why make a mess at your home or office when you can enjoy our atmosphere and food and not have to worry about the clean-up?
On Our Covered Patio
From a small intimate gathering to a feisty celebration with 30 people, the bistro's covered patio will comfortably accommodate. Heated in the winter, cooled in the summer, and open-air for spring and fall — the patio is perfect anytime.
Reserve the Entire Restaurant
Need the royal treatment? We will close our doors to everyone else and your event can use our main dining area, covered open-air patio as well as our sidewalk seating. (70+ seats)
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer, Janis or Tamara 3367035400
- Special Events: For Special Events or for Parties more than 6, please call the restaurant and speak with a manager. Thanks!
A word from Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro
Welcome to Mozelle’s Fresh Southern Bistro, a downtown Winston-Salem restaurant. The cuisine at Mozelle's is southern-inspired and comprised of the finest and freshest ingredients. In addition to great food, patrons enjoy our cozy and lively atmosphere. Come for lunch or dinner with friends and family, or reserve our open-air covered patio and allow Mozelle's to host your events. For parties larger than 6 please call the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro - Best Restaurants in Winston-Salem ›
Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (86)great for outdoor dining (70)fit for foodies (69)special occasion (52)great for lunch (48)romantic (34)great for brunch (27)notable wine list (16)hot spot (16)good for groups (10)scenic view (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- First Time, But not LasttrufoodiencDined on 10/18/2014This was my first time at the restaurant. My friend and I had made reservations online prior to attending a concert. When we arrived, the host/waitress greeted us in such welcoming way. The restaurant was cozy and has both indoor and outdoor seating. It's a nice restaurant for a couple or group. I loved the ambiance, and the location downtown was perfect--not too congested. Our waiter/waitress were so patient and friendly. The southern charm was definitely there, and the food was amazing! We've already said that this restaurant was "our spot" when we return to Winston-Salem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stepping upavocatVIPDined on 10/17/2014Winston's food scene is on the move. Mozzelle's had added great new dishes to the already outstanding favorites. Already a favorite for locals in the West End, it is a great destination for any culinary journey in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Mozelle'sButterDined on 10/13/2014Mozelle's offers good food with a Southern twist at a reasonable price. The menu changes according to the seasons with imaginative offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 10/6/2014True Southern cuisine from days gone by. The Toddle House chocolate pie is today as I remember it from 60 years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended by a friendHPStorksonDined on 10/3/2014I am so glad we went and tried this place while we were in town for a short 24 hours.Special Features:
- Mozelle's Southern BistrovolunteerDined on 10/2/2014Excellent service, allowed the guest to enjoy the meal without service interruptions, the menu was very diverse and the use of southern cooking with the fresh bistro fare was a great concept, a must go to restaurant when in Winston Salem North CarolinaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014We loved, loved, LOVED IT! This was our first time as a friend recommended. Everything was delicious. Wonderful atmosphere, very cute setting, and very informative and friendly staff. Will definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Special treatWFUMOMDined on 9/27/2014This was my second time to Mozelle and it was just as good as the first time. From starters I had to increase my number of guests & didn't know whether that would be a problem & it wasn't. Then our server was just terrific esp. with recommendations. All of our meals were outstanding including the light Bread pudding dessert. The whole experience was perfect ~ thank you Mozelle ~ we will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Winston Salem!WsEatsDined on 9/25/2014Yet another perfect experience at Mozelle's! My husband and I have never been disappointed here and it is truly our favorite place to go in Winston. Mozelle's is the perfect combination of upscale dining and southern comfort food. The staff is always so polite and pleasant. And the food... Oh my goodness the food! I have tried multiple entrees/apps/desserts and everything is absolutely delicious. Now, every time we eat there I just HAVE to get the tomato pie. It is simply the best meal I've had in a really long time, and it never disappoints. Thank you Mozelle's for a truly unique and delicious dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pj68Dined on 9/20/2014No Bread served with meal even though the special had bread. No steak sauces except ketchup. I have never eaten in a restaurant that did not serve any bread with meal especially with the price of the food. Nor not have any steak sauce. We were seated at the front door which we excepted but our reservations were for 6:00pm and not a lot of traffic coming in at that time but it wasn't long until it was like a revolving door didn't care for that. We won't be coming back our son gave us a gift certificate for Christmas for $75.00 so we felt that we needed to use it and we invited my brother in-law and his wife because they had just had birthdays on Sept. 6 and Sept. 17. Ryan's Steakhouse would be my choice they have the extras.Special Features:
- A new meaning for "slow" foodcanawler49Dined on 9/17/2014Service was slow (it seemed very busy for a Wednesday evening), our table at the end of the indoor dining area was too warm, but the food was good.
- Tomato pie. Yum!StoinkDined on 9/12/2014I had to let that tomato pie cool off a little before I could start chomping, but it was wonderful. My friend seemed to like the barbecue and the mac and cheese. I was not wild about the fried pickles, but I kept eating them. Compulsively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing special entreeNCDeaconVIPDined on 9/8/2014My husband had the pork ribeye special and it was out of this world. The side of green bean casserole needs to be added to the regular menu. The whole restaurant was raving about it. My husband subbed mashed tomatoes for the Spanish rice (which didn't seem to fit). And he said it was one of the best meals he's ever had! Topped off with Mozelles bread pudding, he was a happy boy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your average fried chickenrichinloveDined on 9/7/2014I am wary of "southern cuisine" because it is often too filling and heavy, but this was neither, and it was superb - familiar food with a fresh twist. We had fried chicken, shrimp and grits, and creme brulee, all of which were delicious. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Awesome Lit SpotRobinDined on 9/6/2014This was the first time my husband ate at Mozelles and he loved it. My hubby is a finicky eater and I was hoping he would like the food and he did. The restaurant is a such a lit quaint restaurant with the most amazing food and the service is always good. It's a small restaurant with much character indeed. One would love the meatloaf and fried chicken. They are both succulent dishes with the spicy collard greens. It is a restaurant one should try for great southern eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved itBtobDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I went there to celebrate our anniversary. We sat outside and had a nice view of 4th strret in Winston-Salem. As we wre outside, the noise level was very low. Just a few passinfg cars on a Saturday evening. The food was very food and well presented. It's a small place and the outside seating was a very nice touch. Since we did not dine inside I cannot comment on teh experience doing that. If I return in the winter months and dine inside I'll comment on that.Special Features:
- Foodie foodTMendelsohnDined on 9/6/2014Fantastic brunch, be bold, but if you're reading this, I already know you are.Special Features:
- best foodscallops andLoveToEatDowntownDined on 9/5/2014Scallops and flank steak were the best. And the bread pudding is to die for. Service is often hit and miss especially if Jennifer is not thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!BrendaDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I had lunch at Mozelle's last Sunday, and we'll definitely be back. The food was wonderful - I had fried chicken and my husband had the shrimp and grits. Out waiter was top notch! Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesNCDeaconVIPDined on 8/25/2014Sitting at a sidewalk table, enjoying a bottle of wine and delicious food, on a beautiful late summer evening, dinner doesn't get much better than this. I had that evening's special which was NC Trout with roasted vegetables and a delicious cream sauce. My husband enjoyed the Scallop appetizer with risotto, and a house salad and was equally content. Will was our wonderful server. Pretty much a perfect dinner. Just sad we had no room for the bread pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date nightfoodlogicVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our food was awesome and our waiter new everything on the menu like the back of his hand. My boyfriend and I had a great eveningSpecial Features:
- Quite a findVinceKerrazziDined on 8/20/2014A fantastic example of the phrase "Southern Bistro". This restaurant had fantastic food for reasonable prices, and exemplary service. I will certainly be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations MeetOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/20/2014I had heard about this place and finally got there to try it. It has a diner feeling and a good selection on the menu. Prices are also very reasonable. It is in a neighborhood which has a nice feel. Definitely a place to put on your list if you have not tried yet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Loved Mozelle's. Food was excellent. I had the BELT, Bacon Egg Lettuce and Tomato on a wonderful croissant. Delish!Special Features:
- good food; go earlyWinstonGrandmaDined on 8/16/2014small restaurant in high demand, so difficult to get in for dinner without reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware the collard greensCindy48NCDined on 8/11/2014I got the collard greens with bacon, b/c they are good for you & I love bacon. They were rather greasy & WAY too hot. I have no idea what made them so hot, but my eyes were running & 2days later my tongue still feels burned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!BrianVIPDined on 8/9/2014Delicious Southern food, with a flare. Very tasty! I loved every minute of it. Service gracious enoughSpecial Features:
- Eclectic gemlonestarcornhuskerDined on 8/3/2014Daughter and I were doing the college tour--hitting Wake Forest. What a gem of a restaurant! Neat older area of Winston-Salem. Charming wait staff and interesting diners. Ate inside but had a beautiful view of the outdoors and the folks dining outside--one with a beautiful dog by their side. Entrees were top notch but the desserts were exquisite. We split a chocolate creme brûlée--subtle chocolate--and just perfect. The bread pudding with pecans, etc. was comfort food extraordinaire. The whole trip put Wake Forest at the top of my daughter's list to date---and this restaurant certainly could only have helped. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and good foodwestenderDined on 8/1/2014We were running late for our reservation but the restaurant called and they held our table for us. Very friendly.
- great experiencewinstongirlDined on 7/31/2014All four in our party found our dinners to be delicious. Salmon was cooked perfectly, collards were nice and spicy, beet salad was a lovely new menu item. We were there on Thursday when Mozelle's offers four wines for $4 per glass. We found the wines offered to be to our liking and were impressed that they were good quality. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Always excellent!LocalmammalDined on 7/25/2014I've been a Mozelle's regular since it opened. The food and service are always perfect, I never hesitate to take anybody there because I know the visit will be a success! They keep the old standbys and favorites while always introducing new specials, etc., which I think is the right approach for this restaurant.Special Features:
- Slow down, pleaseWaldVIPDined on 7/25/2014We have dined there many times., this time with out of town guests. The food is always great. This time we were eating our salads, when the entrees arrived. the restaurant was not full and there was no reason to rush us. Because there was not rally room on the table for all the plates, it was awkward and made us rush. Slow down, please!
- Never disappoints!LulaJDined on 7/18/2014We can always count in Mozelle's to deliver a delicious meal, and as usual we were not disappointed! We even took our kids (for the first time) and sat outside. We all enjoyed our food and left happy and looking forward to coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mozelle's MenuFoodluvaDined on 7/18/2014This was my second trip to this upscale Southern cuisine restaurant downtown Winston-Salem. The reinvention of these Dixie favorites has gotten me hooked on this little gem. I'm planning my way on working my way through the entire menu, but thus far the flat iron steak with collards and the fried chicken (amazing grits) have got me looking forward to our next visit. The restaurant is small and intimate so be sure and make a reservation.Special Features:
- First-time guest - BirthdayNorthernSouthernDined on 7/14/2014Recommended by a colleague and was a delight for my family and my 12 and 13 year old children. The southern entrees were familiar dishes, with appealing presentation and amazing taste. Fabulous experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNCDeaconVIPDined on 7/14/2014Great food, but uncomfortable inside temp. Really warm inside, when temps are too hot to eat outside.Feel sorry for the cook staff, they must be sweltering. We got the Oso Bucco special, which was delicious. Also the Fried Chicken which is a trademark, always delicious. My husband says Mozelle's needs to revamp their seating/building conditions, inside and out, and the place would be perfect. I tend to agree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best salmon everOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014We visited Mozelles for our anniversary. We had the salmon and the tomato pie. The salmon was cooked to perfection and was definitely the best salmon I've ever tasted! The bread pudding for dessert was incredible. Our waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable. Will definitely go back to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Foodhate2cookDined on 7/11/2014We have had dinner here 3 times in the past 2 months, and each time everyone at the table loved their selection. It is difficult to choose just 1 entree as the best: chicken with peach chutney, tomato pie, meatloaf medallions…………We would like to see the chocolate cream pie there permanently!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!GreatlocalfindDined on 7/11/2014Freshly prepared! Perfection Meatloaf and Shrimp and Grits! Personable and attentive waitstaff.5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its all about the foodStevemVIPDined on 7/8/2014I always love the neighborhood feel and smallness of the place. The star is is the food. From the creative dishes, wonderful flavors and southern feel theres no other like it anywhere. Lunch is equally as good as dinnerSpecial Features: