1377 Main Street
Sarasota, FL 34236Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mozaicsarasota.com/
- Phone: (941) 951-6272
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 5 pm - 9 pm
Monday - Thursday 5 pm - 10 pm
Friday & Saturday 5 pm - 11 pm
Closed on Mondays, From July - October
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Dylan Elhajoui
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer 2 private rooms for seating upto 30 seats. We also offer custom off premise catering.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate up to 30 people in one of our 2 private dining areas
- Private Party Contact: John Andersen 9419516272x
- Special Events: Frequent wine tastings and winemaker dinners in our private wine room.
A word from Mozaic Restaurant
Chef-owned MoZaic restaurant is a popular urban venue offering the eclectic cuisine of Chef Dylan Elhajoui, an award-winning wine selection, and Sarasota's most delectable desserts. Join South Florida's dining enthusiasts for a spirited mosaic of food, friends, and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mozaic Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Mozaic Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (82)special occasion (71)romantic (58)notable wine list (57)neighborhood gem (50)hot spot (19)good for groups (11)great for lunch (8)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- MozaicJBNMDDined on 11/23/2014Terrific "custom-made" food. Everything made with great care. This is like a chef-owned European restaurant. This should be the model for all small restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyed this downtown restaurantALsmomDined on 11/23/2014We tried Mosaic for the first time to celebrate a family birthday and were very impressed. The wine list is well represented and the menu changes seasonally. Our fish appetizer and entrees were fresh and delicious as was the dessert. The price wouldn't permit weekly dining here, but for special occasions, it's a gem. The restaurant is also fairly quiet and allows conversation, which isn't possible in many of the well known Sarasota restaurants. Enjoyed this restaurant very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as always!!RunnergirlVIPDined on 11/22/2014Lamb foreshank with penne had wonderful flavor and the tuna was prepared perfectly. Dylan continues to exceed expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improve quality to justify pricePB61Dined on 11/22/2014Think the food prep isn't what it used to be. Salad underdressed. Scallops undercooked. Entrees a little over spiced. The Bronzino was really good though. Salad very good when we got extra dressing. So, overall, the food was good. I just think it needs to improve as prices are kinda high. Pretty sure it was better in the past. Cautiously optimistic that they'll get back to their previous level of quality. They do offer unique flavors to our area imo. Nice ambience & good service. Dessert was good too.Special Features:
- Andrea2014Dined on 11/21/2014The food choice was very unique and very tasteful and high quality! We enjoyed my birthday celebration and our waiter was very friendly and attentive and made my birthday very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive wait staff and great foodRitaDined on 11/19/2014We dined before a show and found the service to be attentive and the food arrived in a timely manner. Lovely presentation for the duck comfit wih a unique sweet/savory sour cherry bread pudding and perfectly cooked vegetables. My huband had the lamb with penne special and found it delicious as well. Nice wine selection and good recommendations from the maitre'd. We would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar in Sarasota717RulesDined on 11/15/2014A terrific find. Thanks to all at Moziac - just treated us great and the food was stunningly good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and not pretentious about itHTSarasotaDined on 11/14/2014We liked having a small room of tables, that kept the noise level down. Waitstaff was attentive but not hovering. Entree servings are small, but delicious. We had the Chilean Sea Bass special, soups, salads and desserts. Lobster soup was spicy, not what I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experiencecmckelveyDined on 11/14/2014We'd never been to Mosaic so we were excited to try it. Overall we were very happy with our experience. We had the lobster and clam soup (I honestly expected to see some lobster or clams, but I only saw vegetables) though it was tasty. The bread is served warm and as individual rolls, which I thought was unique. We both had the braised lamb and ratatouille special which was delicious and followed it up with splitting the pumpkin crème brulee which was served with a small scoop of ice cream and cookies on the side, perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marcrobertVIPDined on 11/13/2014We've been dining in Sarasota for many years, yet never tried Mozaic. That will certainly change. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The restaurant is small and quiet. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. The food was great. Mozaic has quickly moved to the top of our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DInner Success!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Thank you so much for making our anniversary experience very memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RenierDined on 11/9/2014Great for Dinner, Nice Ovation and very Good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VacationingLocalFoodieDined on 11/7/2014Every time we go to Sarasota Mosaic is on our list. It did not disappoint us this time. The food is fabulous the service is amazing, it's a really good restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014I have been here a few times for different occasions. I've been there on a date, for a birthday, and just to get good food with family. I am never let down and the food and service is ALWAYS impeccable!!!! Mozaic is truly a diamond in the rough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The entire dining experience is exceptional. The food, prepared with the freshest vegetables and pleasantly presented. Two of us had fish and one had the pasta selection. The service is friendly and very professional. Love that they have well trained wait staff and bus support. Completes the fine dining experience. Love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood PatronOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2014Food was fabulous and flavors beyond description. Service was extraordinary. Food delivered to table was hot not warm and extremely well presented. This chef knows what he is doing. Mosaic is my favorite restaurant located in Sarasota and is specially suited for special occasions. it was my wife's birthday and another couple joined us for a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- innovativeFussyVIPDined on 10/29/2014As before we were blown away with how much flavor the food has. All is subtle but not your usual flavors. Our stuffy dining friends were wowed by everything so the food isn't way out there but can be enjoyed by everyone. I could eat here every night. My only complaint is that the pork belly isn't on the menu now.Special Features:
- Eclectic and FunAstiVIPDined on 10/25/2014We loved the varied menu choices and the food preparation. Mozaic is a breath of fresh air! Service was also great! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met the Chef!FrenchLady07Dined on 10/25/2014This restaurant is outstanding! We have dined here several times before, but it just keeps getting better and better! Chef Dylan really knows how to incorporate flavor into each dish. And his menu options are so unique with a slight Moroccan twist. Each course was better than the last, and the flourless walnut pear cake was a standout! He even told us how he made it. Winner, Winner!Special Features:
- carolcaroldinesDined on 10/25/2014One of our favorite dining spots in Sarasota. We like to go early after an afternoon matinee at the ballet, opera or theater.Special Features:
- Exquisite Dining ExperienceEdineDined on 10/22/2014If you are looking for an exquisite dining experience with personalized service and exceptional Mediterranean food, this is your place! A MUST try for the Sarasota area!Special Features:
- MusettaDined on 10/18/2014Mozaic never disappoints. The food and service are excellent. We dine there at least once a month and have never been disappointed. The wine list is excellent whether you choose a house wine or a more expensive bottle.Special Features:
- Totally YummyeatitDined on 10/17/2014Upstairs in a quiet alcove, we were treated to a most memorable meal. The Chilean sea bass, which was the special that night, was tender, flaky, and served with an unbelievable sauce with truffle oil. Needless to day, the bowl went back to the kitchen cleaner than one from a dishwasher. The branzino, served with squash ravioli, was also excellent served with crispy skin and melt-in-your-mouth texture. Normally not one to order desert, the flourless pear and walnut cake with toasted coconut ice cream was intriguing. Moist, filled with walnuts--we almost had to fight over the last bite. Our waiter, Ryan, was attentive but not overbearing. A wonderful experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/8/2014Our dining experience started with outstanding service down to the surprise birthday celebration at the conclusion for my friend. When reserving, I mentioned we were celebrating friend's birthday and were surprised at the end with complimentary dessert and fanfare. Food and wine were suburb as was our waiter, sorry don't remember his name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerNathalieDined on 10/7/2014As usual, everything was wonderful! Thank you! Food was delicious, service very good, atmosphere very nice. We love going to Mozaic and brought some friends from Germany.Special Features:
- Another exceptional experience!MaureenDined on 10/3/2014Once again Mozaic enchants and surprises! Bday dinner for two, group of seven--the table was decorated with bday card for each bday girl (with a discount for dinner!)! Dinner specials were amazing as were the options on the regular menu and service was above and beyond especially considering we arrived at various times and one diner on-call had to step out several times for calls. The oenophile in our group was very happy with the wine selections AND the prices of the wine! Presentations were beautiful and the flavors of every bite including the salad surprised and delighted the taste buds! The final bill also surprised with how reasonable it was for our celebratory feast including birthday desserts with decorated plates and candles!Special Features:
- kamoiVIPDined on 9/28/2014Four adults. We enjoyed the escargot and gnocchi appetizers. However, the salads including the steak salad were on the wilted side. Portions were small. The bourride was tiny pieces of atlantic salmon and lots of cubed potatoes - not the lobster and other shellfish that was described on the menu. The restaurant wasn't full but they grouped virtually all customers after us nearby so it definitely was not quiet! Thoroughly disappointed.
- Consistently DeliversOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Had a San Francisco foodie friend in town and chose Mosaic to show her some of the best Sarasota had to offer. We were not disappointed. Had the lamb shank, the duck breast and the scallops. All were very good. The pot de creme and flour-less cake were both divine. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, lousy serviceGaryVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is our second time here. The food both times was excellent and imaginative, although the portion sizes for the Banzino and the duck were a little on the skimpy side. But the real turn off was our waiter. He was rude and inattentive. My wife asked him for a buttery chardonnay and what he brought her was not even close. When he returned about 10 minutes later, my wife said this was not what she wanted and he looked affronted. He did bring a replacement that was better, but the attitude and slow service remained. We might be back for the food but with all of the excellent restaurants in Sarasota it might be quite a while.Special Features:
- gailDined on 9/13/2014We always enjoy Mozaic. We asked for a quiet table since two people with us had hearing issues. They accommodated us in this request. Our server was gracious and very helpful which is not unusual for this restaurant. I have never had a meal I did not like at Mozaic. The soups are especially wonderful and creative!Special Features:
- Mozaic is a gem, Sarasota's bestvictoriaDined on 9/12/2014Divine food. Good wine list. Good value. The best soups EVER.Special Features:
- Just the appetizerMozaicVIPDined on 9/10/2014Dining partner and I had another fantastic dining experience at MoZaic thanks to Chef Dylan and his staff. This place is such a treasure. Instead of going on about all the treats we ate, I'll just make a note about the appetizer. We had steamed lemon grass-scented mussels in a coconut lobster broth w/cilantro and basil. Yes, Dylan did combine all those ingredients into one hell of a dish. We really joined the clean-plate club on this one. The mussels were lusciously juicy, perfectly steamed of course and nicely presented. The flavor of this dish will be remembered by me and my taste buds and olfactory senses for a very long time. They were blended to be one flavor but if you listened to your senses you encountered all of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOutoftownerDined on 9/5/2014Our group of 12 received prompt and efficient service. Everyone received their food at the same time with all orders correct and everyone raving about their food. They went out of their way to accommodate a younger guest with special food needs. Phenomenal wine list! Just can't say enough good about this restaurant. We live 60 miles away and think nothing of hopping in the car to introduce family and friends to our favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as AlwaysMozaicVIPDined on 9/3/2014Partner and I dined at Mozaic recently on a day with heavy rain so the restaurant was not very busy. This meant that we would have a waiter of our own (although service is classy even when they are busy) and we had little treats from Chef Dylan's tiny but magical kitchen. There was a lobster-based, fairly sturdy consomme that left you with the most wonderful overtone of lobster long after you had swallowed. The lobster medalions with large and very tasty wild shrimp on a creamy risotto was a perfectly combined wonder of texture and taste. The yellow tomato veloute was so rich and flavorful that I ate it slowly to make it last longer. The coupe de grace was a quartet of house-made sorbets of lychee, guava and honey, banana and mango.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MG reviewMGReviewVIPDined on 8/30/2014The Chef is very creative, food is very tasty. We will be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic!TheGoodTwinDined on 8/30/2014This place never disappoints! I went with my twin brother and friend. I knew I would love everything but "love" is an understatement! Whether you're celebrating something special with friends or maybe you're wanting a romantic dinner, you will be impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JBaloneyDined on 8/30/2014Always a great food and wine experience.....thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous lunchjackDined on 8/30/2014Went for the three course lunch with wine pairing for $29. We had grilled tarragon shrimp with butternut squash ravioli,quail,and steak. everything was a taste treat.The chef was really on his game this SaturdaySpecial Features:
- MosaicBlovenDined on 8/29/2014Mosaic restaurant is a real gem. The food is delicious and beautifully served. Great restaurant to dine regularly or celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great date nightJayWackerDined on 8/29/2014Went with my wife for her birthday. Had a great meal. Very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.