1377 Main Street
Sarasota, FL 34236Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mozaicsarasota.com/
- Phone: 9419516272x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 5 pm - 9 pm
Monday - Thursday 5 pm - 10 pm
Friday & Saturday 5 pm - 11 pm
Closed on Mondays, From July - October
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Dylan Elhajoui
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer 2 private rooms for seating upto 30 seats. We also offer custom off premise catering.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate up to 30 people in one of our 2 private dining areas
- Private Party Contact: John Andersen 9419516272x
- Special Events: Frequent wine tastings and winemaker dinners in our private wine room.
A word from Mozaic Restaurant
Chef-owned MoZaic restaurant is a popular urban venue offering the eclectic cuisine of Chef Dylan Elhajoui, an award-winning wine selection, and Sarasota's most delectable desserts. Join South Florida's dining enthusiasts for a spirited mosaic of food, friends, and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Mozaic Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Mozaic Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (92)special occasion (79)romantic (65)notable wine list (55)neighborhood gem (48)hot spot (16)late-night find (9)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (8)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Consistently DeliversOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Had a San Francisco foodie friend in town and chose Mosaic to show her some of the best Sarasota had to offer. We were not disappointed. Had the lamb shank, the duck breast and the scallops. All were very good. The pot de creme and flour-less cake were both divine. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, lousy serviceGaryVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is our second time here. The food both times was excellent and imaginative, although the portion sizes for the Banzino and the duck were a little on the skimpy side. But the real turn off was our waiter. He was rude and inattentive. My wife asked him for a buttery chardonnay and what he brought her was not even close. When he returned about 10 minutes later, my wife said this was not what she wanted and he looked affronted. He did bring a replacement that was better, but the attitude and slow service remained. We might be back for the food but with all of the excellent restaurants in Sarasota it might be quite a while.Special Features:
- gailDined on 9/13/2014We always enjoy Mozaic. We asked for a quiet table since two people with us had hearing issues. They accommodated us in this request. Our server was gracious and very helpful which is not unusual for this restaurant. I have never had a meal I did not like at Mozaic. The soups are especially wonderful and creative!Special Features:
- Mozaic is a gem, Sarasota's bestvictoriaDined on 9/12/2014Divine food. Good wine list. Good value. The best soups EVER.Special Features:
- Just the appetizerMozaicVIPDined on 9/10/2014Dining partner and I had another fantastic dining experience at MoZaic thanks to Chef Dylan and his staff. This place is such a treasure. Instead of going on about all the treats we ate, I'll just make a note about the appetizer. We had steamed lemon grass-scented mussels in a coconut lobster broth w/cilantro and basil. Yes, Dylan did combine all those ingredients into one hell of a dish. We really joined the clean-plate club on this one. The mussels were lusciously juicy, perfectly steamed of course and nicely presented. The flavor of this dish will be remembered by me and my taste buds and olfactory senses for a very long time. They were blended to be one flavor but if you listened to your senses you encountered all of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOutoftownerDined on 9/5/2014Our group of 12 received prompt and efficient service. Everyone received their food at the same time with all orders correct and everyone raving about their food. They went out of their way to accommodate a younger guest with special food needs. Phenomenal wine list! Just can't say enough good about this restaurant. We live 60 miles away and think nothing of hopping in the car to introduce family and friends to our favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as AlwaysMozaicVIPDined on 9/3/2014Partner and I dined at Mozaic recently on a day with heavy rain so the restaurant was not very busy. This meant that we would have a waiter of our own (although service is classy even when they are busy) and we had little treats from Chef Dylan's tiny but magical kitchen. There was a lobster-based, fairly sturdy consomme that left you with the most wonderful overtone of lobster long after you had swallowed. The lobster medalions with large and very tasty wild shrimp on a creamy risotto was a perfectly combined wonder of texture and taste. The yellow tomato veloute was so rich and flavorful that I ate it slowly to make it last longer. The coupe de grace was a quartet of house-made sorbets of lychee, guava and honey, banana and mango.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MG reviewMGReviewVIPDined on 8/30/2014The Chef is very creative, food is very tasty. We will be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic!TheGoodTwinDined on 8/30/2014This place never disappoints! I went with my twin brother and friend. I knew I would love everything but "love" is an understatement! Whether you're celebrating something special with friends or maybe you're wanting a romantic dinner, you will be impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JBaloneyDined on 8/30/2014Always a great food and wine experience.....thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous lunchjackDined on 8/30/2014Went for the three course lunch with wine pairing for $29. We had grilled tarragon shrimp with butternut squash ravioli,quail,and steak. everything was a taste treat.The chef was really on his game this SaturdaySpecial Features:
- MosaicBlovenDined on 8/29/2014Mosaic restaurant is a real gem. The food is delicious and beautifully served. Great restaurant to dine regularly or celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great date nightJayWackerDined on 8/29/2014Went with my wife for her birthday. Had a great meal. Very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special Occasion RestaurantFeelingClassyDined on 8/24/2014We booked an early reservation at 5 o'clock and we were the only ones. The food was absolutely fabulous! We had the filet mignon and chicken for or entrees but the real stars were the mushroom ravioli and the pheasant sausage. Since it was our anniversary the restaurant surprised us with a cake brought to our table. Would absolutely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful RestaurantMozaicVIPDined on 8/23/2014Sarasota is so lucky to have MoZaic and Chef Dylan to provide us with some of the best gustatory experiences ever--yes, I mean ever. Partner and I dined there recently and loved ever part of the meal. We had a seafood soup that was bursting with flavor and then accompanied by little toast crisps and a savory sauce. Our entree was perfectly cooked, pan seared Cobia that was large and quite thick but still perfectly cooked inside and out. It was moist and flakey and as with all MoZaic's ingredients fresh and of the highest quality. It was beautifully but lightly sauced which enhanced rather than overwhelmed the fish. The vegetables included two colors of beets, tomatoes and perfectly cooked asparagus. No desert--too happy already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantSamialtaDined on 8/22/2014I went with my wife for a Friday dinner, we had fun . Good food, good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.KarenDined on 8/22/2014The food and the service were wonderful. I am sorry to say the chairs are very uncomfortable . We kept sliding down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!SuzreimanVIPDined on 8/21/2014I came here one other time probably more than a year ago. Sat upstairs. Food was good but nothing to rave about. This time we sat downstairs (I like sitting here better) and the food was outstanding. Shrimp tempura appetizer so delicious. Pork chop perfect! And lots of vegetarian choices. I will go again. Soon!Special Features:
- Superb!enigmaDined on 8/16/2014Service, led by Amador, impressive beginning to end- suggestions, descriptions, knowledge & timing Food choice, presentation & enjoyment outstanding. Delightful & pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mozaic RestaurantCherieDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant provides excellent service, great wine list, great food, ambiance, colorful decor, music fitting the theme. I would go back again. The airline chicken with couscous was very favorable. The snails were tasty. The salad was fresh and tasty.Special Features:
- Fusion InfusionMozaicVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great dining. I took advantage of the specially priced menu. Everything exceeded expecations and ejsy we admired most was the "fusion infusion" recipes created by Chef Dylan. People think Mozaic is Moroccan restaurant and it does have some tajines but is certainly a "fusion" restaurant with continental/ecclectic items that takes it to the fine dining level. The Chef knows better than any other Chef I know how to use the best ingredients combined to please your taste buds. We enjoyed a seafood soup that was teaming with lobster, crab and flavor. The seafood special had excellent seafood with exotic vegetables in a smooth, lovely sauce. The cardamom and coffee panna cotta was so rich yet light enough to enjoy without eating too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Main Streets Best!James7777777Dined on 8/2/2014Smaller restaurant that is truly focused on the customer. My wife and I went here for dinner and both of us were pleased. I had baked swordfish, very good. The MoZaic uses a unique blend of spices for achieving a great taste. You will be pleased. Reservations recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local Euro style restaurantTerriandBobDined on 8/1/2014The food, service and atmosphere in the Mozaic restaurant is southern European standard. If want fine quality cooking at a reasonable price with a great wine selection in an atmosphere similar to southern France then this is the place for you. The 'servers' are really 'waiters' and the difference is no hassle to eat up and pay, no checking up "is everything ok sir?" every five minutes but good information when you ask a wine or menu item.Special Features:
- Interesting and EclecticfunfoodieDined on 7/26/2014I work in the restaurant industry and am definitely a "foodie". One of my wine reps recommended this restaurant when he found out I was going to be visiting Sarasota for the weekend. His recommendation was spot on. The menu is interesting and innovative. The food was prepared with such a light hand, I could taste every single ingredient at its best. My dinner partner had the special, Chilean Sea Bass. It was divine. The service was excellent, both friendly and professional. This will be on my list for all future visits to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Summer MenuMadamsaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Mozaic has always been one of our favorites. We keep going back for their summer menu with diff. people because it's so good.Special Features:
- First time - not our last timeGaryVIPDined on 7/24/2014We have lived in Sarasota for about 9 years and have heard about Mozaic have never been there. Our mistake. We could have been eating here years ago. This is one of the best restaurants in Sarasota.Special Features:
- MozaicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2014The food is the focus…always exceptionally well prepared. Ambiance is nice… we asked for quiet table and had a good one in a corner by a window. Service was excellent. One of our favorite Sarasota restaurants.Special Features:
- Amazing foodmombatDined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed the early bird special which allowed us to have an appetizer and an entree. I had chilled peach soup and my companion, the spinach ricotta gnocchi. Both were excellent. We both had the steak salad as our entree. It contained a hearty portion of steak cooked to order. The most memorable part of the meal was the chocolate truffle we each received with the bill. It was the best chocolate either of us had ever tasted. This restaurant was recommended to us by an experienced traveler to Sarasota. She certainly guided us to an excellent experience. Everything about Mozaic is outstanding--food, service, atmosphere. We would visit them again if we return to Sarasota.Special Features:
- Great food but not great ambianceDebbieWDined on 7/19/2014For me the restaurant ambiance is just as important as the food. This restaurant has excellent food and worth it just for that but only sells select beers and wines and even though they had several great 4 top tables with nice placement my husband and I were a twosome so they put us upstairs with no view. There are too many restaurants in this town with great food and better ambiance for me to choose to come back and pay these prices and then have no ambiance. js.Special Features:
- Great food and service.SkipDined on 7/19/2014Mozaic goes on my list of restaurants as a favorite. Helen,the hostess was extremely gracious and made us feel very welcome. The food was great and the attention of the wait staff was terrific.We already have recommended it to friends and will return soon.I never give any restaurant outstanding,so I keep my expectations in check. But to anyone, I say go and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrBEDined on 7/18/2014The food is always delicious and creative. The staff is very attentive and pleasant. We asked for a table in a quiet location and we were able to have good conversations with very little ambient noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great summer menuMadamsaVIPDined on 7/17/2014We went early - before the theatre- and enjoyed the early dinner menu & special wine prices. The food was wonderful and we enjoyed the evening. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Just too deliciousClaraDined on 7/11/2014We always leave Mozaic saying 'That was the best meal I've eaten in Sarasota.' We eat out quite a bit but this is a special dining place for us. Most recently we had the lamb & arugula salad; the skirt steak salad with a side of the roasted asparagus and goat cheese. For dessert the lavender pannacotta was shockingly good. The first wine we tasted was dreadful but quickly replaced with another red, interesting and suitable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceMozaicVIPDined on 7/9/2014Mozaic is not a new experience for us but it is a consistently good experience in terms of primarily the wonderfully creative dishes put together by Chef Dylan. Without brilliant food, why eat out? Dylan consistently combines exotic flavors and the best ingredients to make a fish dinner into a dining experience. The staff are extremely well trained and are alway aware of your wishes without "Is everything OK?" inane comments along the way. For the money, this is one of the best dining experiences in the country. Thank you Mozaic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- operabuffoperabuffDined on 7/8/2014Always a pleasure to dine at Mozaic. The food is perfectly executed, flavors consistently excite the palate. Mozaic is one of my favorite places to have dinner. Even the bar is a nice place to have an outstanding dish in a casual setting; you can learn about wines from the bartender at the same time, too.Special Features:
- Not IBE friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014I have been in the restaurant business a good portion of my life, and a 25% tip is warranted with such good service as I got at Mozaic. However, when I went to pay the bill, because I was an IBE member, they added a 20% gratuity automatically. I do not like being told what to tip when it is a small party of 2; a large party a can understand. I would recommend it, but I will not go back.Special Features:
- icarmagicVIPDined on 6/28/2014We arrived early and although they had tables available, those were not offered to us. They asked us to get a drink at the bar but unless we poured our own wine, that wasn't going to happen. My wife and I were offered a table upstairs in a small corner and when we rejected that, I returned to the bar to watch them push two tables together so it was suitable for 4 people. Since we were only 2, ok I understood they had a party of 4 coming. We waited 20 minutes at the bar, and then were offered a table, suitable for 4 people, in the back of the restaurant near the kitchen. Getting the feeling yet? Probably the most disorganized resturant I have ever been at.
- Fantasic ExperienceTasterDined on 6/28/2014The welcoming service starts at the front door and we were quickly escorted to our table in a front window on the first floor. The food was beautifully presented and the subtle flavors were unique and tasty. We will absolutely return to this special restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service & decorDickVeniceDined on 6/28/2014Have had a number of meals at the Mosaic and have been pleased every time. I have recommended it to friends and I will return for future meals.Special Features:
- Excellent Food !BBBarDined on 6/25/2014The Ritz Carlton (Sarasota) recommended this restaurant and it was EXCELLENT ! This is a small intimate place with excellent service and food. It happen to be restaurant week and we got 3 courses for $29. It was actually hard to choose a dish as there were many I wanted. My scallops and lamb were delicious. I would recommend this to anyone is the Sarasota area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.