MOXIES Grillades/Bar - Montreal
1207 Rue Universite
Montreal, QC H3B 1S5Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
MOXIES Grillades/Bar - Montreal
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.moxies.ca/fr
- Phone: (514) 393-1207
- Hours of Operation:
Monday/Lundi - 11:00am - 12:00am
Tuesday/Mardi - 11:00am - 12:00am
Wednesday/Mercredi - 11:00am - 12:00am
Thursday/Jeudi - 11:00am - 2:00am
Friday/Vendredi - 11:00am - 2:00am
Saturday/Samedi - 11:00am - 2:00am
Sunday/Dimanche - 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Brandon Thordarson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from MOXIES Grillades/Bar - Montreal
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
MOXIES Grillades/Bar - Montreal - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
MOXIES Grillades/Bar - Montreal reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (35)great for lunch (29)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (23)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (12)neighborhood gem (9)scenic view (8)romantic (7)late-night find (5)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Go for the views, stay for the foodFrequentDinerVIPDined on 11/20/2014Fish tacos were outstanding. Beer was served cold. Service was good, but had to ask twice for a few things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Went to Moxie's with friends on a Saturday night, the food was amazing! Every person I was raving about their food too. The prices are really fair and I'm already looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and BeyondSal86Dined on 11/8/2014I was given the task to choose a restaurant for my friends official bachelor party dinner in Montreal.I placed the reservation with Moxies via the OpenTable app and had asked the restaurant if there was anything complimentary that they could provide to the bachelor. Despite our 30 min late arrival to the restaurant, our table was still reserved for us. Our dinner and drinks were delicious and the waiter was more than kind to satisfy all our requests (including finding an outlet to charge my cell phone). At the end of our dinner a slice of cake was brought out for the bachelor and the manager also surprised all of us by bringing us complimentary shots of alcohol. We were all satisfied and ready to hit the town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Office SocialOfficePeonDined on 11/7/2014We reserved a table for 8, but we're given a much smaller table with an add on table at the back of the restaurant, even though larger tables were available and were empty for the duration of our stay. The service was very sporadic, I felt like they wanted us to leave. They took our initial drink and food orders and then left us for an hour until we were all sitting around with empty beers wondering if we should get another drink at the bar. It's acceptable if you want to have a quick dinner but if you want to lounge around and order a few more drinks then find somewhere else.
- LunchMiekeVIPDined on 11/5/2014Were a party of 2 for lunch on a Wednesday. Waiter had given a table to my invitee and when I arrived I got another table (although I had asked whether my guest had arrived!) The music was extremely loud, we had to ask to lower it as we could not hear one another. We ordered a small Caesar's salad and a steak as main dish. The steak arrived before we were able to finish the salad. Again no coordination... Food was good but nothing spectacular (I compare with Moxies in Kingston - ON) This was a first visit and will be my last.
- Food is average.SgimmecatDined on 10/31/2014The ambiance is great if you want a place to have a drink and chitchat with a few friends, but the food is not very impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We had to wait 15 minutes before someone came to serve us after being seated, and another 45 minutes of waiting time to get our food after ordering. The steak was not cooked to the desired, we asked for a rare cooking t was well done.
- The food is average!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/20141. I was there for lunch and it took us 50 minutes to get our food. 2. We try the lobster linguini and it was too sour and the only lobster we got was half of a little piece of lobster! 3. Pulled rib burger was good and so was our drink.Special Features:
- Amazing WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Our waitress was super! She was friendly and very attentive. The food was amazing. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- THE place to be on a Friday nightFoodie22Dined on 10/3/2014I had the great privilege to dine at Moxie's for a meeting. Our table was ideally located far away from the lounge. The service was excellent and the food was absolutely delicious. I will definitely book another reservation at Moxie'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceGherczegDined on 9/29/2014The food was very good and the ambience was great... Service was abit on the slow and forgetful side but overall I would return in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoopsyDined on 9/25/2014The food was good. The lemon quinoa was great, the steak was well cooked but a little salty. The waitress though needed a little training to provide a good service. The wait time was long before the food arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moxies ain't too FoxyyumyumDined on 9/20/2014The food was average and way too greasy. My stomach immediately felt bloated and I didn't even eat a lot. My meat was cold and the fries were stuck together (and cold) as if they had been sitting there for a while. For a saturday night, the restaurant was quiet which was dissapointing. However, the service has gotten better since last time (the order was right and the food came out much quicker -- maybe because it was quieter this time?). Undecided if I'll go back.
- Missed layout at Moxie'sDare2DV8Dined on 9/20/2014Accessibility is not great with all the stairs. The bar areas are nice and well thought out, however the dining room is another story. It feels like an after thought, placed at the very back of the restaurant with nothing but high walls and wooden structures to look at. It felt very confined and boring. The men's washroom is one of the worst designs I've seen. Very small and the main door opens with full visibility of patrons at the urinals. Not great when a crowd is gathered in the narrow hallway. Very poor design! The food and service was excellent. Great variety of unique dishes along with comfort food fan favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchMonMissGirlDined on 9/17/2014Went for lunch on a Wednesday, minimal crowds before noon. Service was great, friendly staff & accomodating. Food portions are large & satisfying. Great variety in choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyIwillbebackDined on 9/9/2014I have been twice. I experienced both floors and I find this restaurant extremely noisy. This restaurant is not good for a business lunch as we can barely hear each other. The food was excellent and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Hot Spot, Dinner more sedateMsjl8itallVIPDined on 9/6/2014Been here a few times for lunch. Very livelly atmosphere. Lots of suits, lots of noise, lots of action. Saturday night however looks comletely different. Crowd looks like a bunch of out of towners coming here because it looks familiar and the atmosphere was sort of blah. Food, however, was excellent. We had a lot of time to kill so we weren't bothered bythe ridiulously slow service. Won't be back for dinner. Will stick to lunches only.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceMontrealmomDined on 9/6/2014From the moment we walked in, we were treated with courtesy and made to feel special. Excellent service, wonderful food, and, important to 2 out of our table, gluten-free options. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly disappointingKellyVIPDined on 9/5/2014On my sixth visit to Moxies Montreal, I brought three friends, to introduce them to this great restaurant. This time around, my kale and quinoa salad arrived without the poached chicken. It was still delicious and I ate it anyway. I mentioned it to the waiter who said that he would have the bill adjusted. When the bill arrived, I asked him about the $16.00 charge for the salad, and he went off with it and then came back and said that it had been adjusted - by $1.00!! Seriously? I had a hard time stifling my laughter - as did my friends. How on earth does someone figure that a (missing) chicken breast is worth a dollar? Would love to know where you get YOUR chicken, lol. The worst of it is that when lunch ended, I was STILL hungry.... :(Special Features:
- Did not go: Restaurant was closed!!SpybartDined on 8/31/2014OpenTable confirmed my reservation... We went... Notice on the door that the restaurant was closed on that day.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Very impressive for the first visit. The lobster & shimp linguine was delicious. A very pleasant, relaxed atmosphere, with an excellent choice of wines. I would definitely come back!Special Features:
- Great food & ambienceTigger007Dined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed a great meal, excellent service in the fun trendy Moxies, Montreal ♥Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet dinnerLeBlancsDined on 8/12/2014We wanted to have a quiet dinner with our adult children, we ask for the dining room and we were able to have a nice family dinner. We'll go again for sure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happening place !SandraDined on 7/31/2014I went to Moxie's for lunch with a girlfriend ... knowing Moxie's was good... but came away saying GREAT !! Lot's of atmosphere (even at lunch) ... good food & great service !! Will certainly go back ...Special Features:
- foodmeVIPDined on 7/26/2014Moxies was a nice place, it was just huge. Good food, good menu, good everything, but the restaurant was gigantic (to the point that there were many empty tables on a Saturday night), and the menu suffers from an identity crisis. It just gave it all a big box feel. But the food was good, so I'd try again.
- DisappointedStarVIPDined on 7/26/2014We were a group of 6. Three of us ordered steaks and the three were not cooked to order (over done) The waitress lacked experience, although she was nice, she has to keep going to get answers to our questions . When asked by the manager how our supper was, we told him about steaks being over cooked .. He offered us one free desert!? We did not take it . We spent over $300, drinks, wine, sangria and main courses...we were disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 36 reviews are from the MOXIES Grillades/Bar - Montreal reviews archive.
- KateDined on 7/25/2014My spouse and I were there before attending a show at the Bell Center. It took a while to see the waitress but then after she took good care of us with good timing. My spouse particularly appreciated the look of the uniform of the female staff, which I can qualify as " minimalist?" Music was pretty loud, a few decibels less would be appreciated! Food was sseeved hot and pretty good. Good place for cocktails and a bite after work....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- markmarkDined on 7/23/2014Food was very good excellent value for the money. Service is attentive and efficient. It is very lively at the bar area and could be noisy but generally a fun spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to get the kinks worked outReviewerDined on 7/21/2014I've been to Moxies in other cities and I like the place - the food, service ambiance - so I decided to try the new Moxies in Mtl. While the food was good, the service was lacking. When I walked in and told the greeter that I had made a reservation for 2, she asked me if I wanted to sit upstairs or downstairs, so I said upstairs. Then I asked if my guest had arrived and she said he was upstairs. Hmmm. What if I said I wanted to sit downstairs? Would she have even told me my guest was 2 floors up? The kitchen also got my main course wrong. This Moxies is a work in progress.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent service. Excellent atmosphere. Overall a fantastic dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but noisyjsbreaultDined on 7/11/2014The food is awesome, the employees are careful and gives a good service. Perhaps, if you want to dinner with more than four people, you won't be able to hear them properly, the music is very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pamela53Dined on 7/11/2014It was my first visit to Moxie's and I have never seen a restaurant like this before. It is very trendy with wood paneling and high ceilings. The only drawback is climbing stairs to top floor to diningroom. The bar scene was very vibrant although the music was way too loud so we opted for diningroom which was very relaxing and comfortable. I had the haddock with quinoa which was outstanding. My friend had the classic burger with salad and loved it. We had the mini platter of desserts which is a very clever option and was awesome. It melted in your mouth and made in- house. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends. Food and service was outstanding .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really long wait times for foodshellDined on 7/11/2014I have been to Moxies twice, once with a group of 3 and once with a group of 9. Both times the servers and hosts were friendly and attentive and the kitchen wait times were frustrating. It took 30-45 minutes to receive food after ordering. The server received a lot of famished stares from the table.Special Features:
- Not bad, not greatCharbluVIPDined on 7/7/2014Its a bit weird that most of the tables are on the third floor of the building. Once we entered the restaurant, we were asked to take the stair..... Service was so-so. Athough there were not that many people, they seemed to be confused who served who.... Although we are in Montreal, staff seemed to be predominantly english speaking, i.e. their french was.......b
- Very goodDanielleT76Dined on 7/4/2014Food was really good, our waitress super friendly and we were served fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceI8itall123Dined on 7/3/2014Was recommended to try this restaurant out. Was pleasantly surprised at the ambiance and energy of this restaurant!!! Waitresses really knew the menu well and were very friendly as well. Not a place for a quiet lunch if that's what your looking for.Special Features:
- Another great experience at Moxies!KellyVIPDined on 7/3/2014Moxies never disappoints and always delivers. I have been to several Moxies' locations. They are all great - all with their own distinctive decor. One thing seems consistent: the food and the service. I love the new location in downtown Montreal, the first in the province of Quebec. I work at Place Ville Marie and Moxies makes a great lunch spot. I have never had a bad meal. Everything is good. I have told several people about it and the word is spreading. I've been three times since it opened this spring and the place is ALWAYS very busy. The fact that Moxies is part of OpenTable is smart business for them and an added bonus for the patrons. Keep up the good work, Moxies!Special Features:
- Fair dining experienceFoodie28Dined on 6/26/2014I enjoyed the restaurant, its location is prime, it is a very big restaurant but it should have an elevator because the top floor is actually 2 floors up on pretty high stairs. The service was really slow so I definitely would not recommend it for lunch. It took us 35 minutes to get our order which is a bit long for lunch. It was quite noisy so it is hard to hear the others at the table. Overall it was ok but I dont think I would go back for lunch.Special Features:
- Chain RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Feels and tastes like a chain restaurant. Good choice if you don't mind the "chain" feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good First Visitfoodie23Dined on 6/23/2014I would definitely visit again. Liked the ambiance and thought it was nice. Food took a bit long to arrive and it was empty. The music is a bit on the loud side so you have to raise your voice. Food was tasty but VERY salty would have enjoyed the meal more with less salt. Definitely a place that has good potential to be a fun night out dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.