MOXIES Grillades/Bar - Montreal
1207 Rue Universite
Montreal, QC H3B 1S5Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
MOXIES Grillades/Bar - Montreal
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.moxies.ca/fr
- Phone: 5143931207x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday/Lundi - 11:00am - 12:00am
Tuesday/Mardi - 11:00am - 12:00am
Wednesday/Mercredi - 11:00am - 12:00am
Thursday/Jeudi - 11:00am - 2:00am
Friday/Vendredi - 11:00am - 2:00am
Saturday/Samedi - 11:00am - 2:00am
Sunday/Dimanche - 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Brandon Thordarson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from MOXIES Grillades/Bar - Montreal
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
MOXIES Grillades/Bar - Montreal - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
MOXIES Grillades/Bar - Montreal reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (42)good for groups (41)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (25)neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (12)late-night find (11)fit for foodies (11)scenic view (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Went for lunch on a Wednesday, minimal crowds before noon. Service was great, friendly staff & accomodating. Food portions are large & satisfying. Great variety in choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyIwillbebackDined on 9/9/2014I have been twice. I experienced both floors and I find this restaurant extremely noisy. This restaurant is not good for a business lunch as we can barely hear each other. The food was excellent and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Hot Spot, Dinner more sedateMsjl8itallVIPDined on 9/6/2014Been here a few times for lunch. Very livelly atmosphere. Lots of suits, lots of noise, lots of action. Saturday night however looks comletely different. Crowd looks like a bunch of out of towners coming here because it looks familiar and the atmosphere was sort of blah. Food, however, was excellent. We had a lot of time to kill so we weren't bothered bythe ridiulously slow service. Won't be back for dinner. Will stick to lunches only.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceMontrealmomDined on 9/6/2014From the moment we walked in, we were treated with courtesy and made to feel special. Excellent service, wonderful food, and, important to 2 out of our table, gluten-free options. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly disappointingKellyVIPDined on 9/5/2014On my sixth visit to Moxies Montreal, I brought three friends, to introduce them to this great restaurant. This time around, my kale and quinoa salad arrived without the poached chicken. It was still delicious and I ate it anyway. I mentioned it to the waiter who said that he would have the bill adjusted. When the bill arrived, I asked him about the $16.00 charge for the salad, and he went off with it and then came back and said that it had been adjusted - by $1.00!! Seriously? I had a hard time stifling my laughter - as did my friends. How on earth does someone figure that a (missing) chicken breast is worth a dollar? Would love to know where you get YOUR chicken, lol. The worst of it is that when lunch ended, I was STILL hungry.... :(Special Features:
- Did not go: Restaurant was closed!!SpybartDined on 8/31/2014OpenTable confirmed my reservation... We went... Notice on the door that the restaurant was closed on that day.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Very impressive for the first visit. The lobster & shimp linguine was delicious. A very pleasant, relaxed atmosphere, with an excellent choice of wines. I would definitely come back!Special Features:
- Great food & ambienceTigger007Dined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed a great meal, excellent service in the fun trendy Moxies, Montreal ♥Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet dinnerLeBlancsDined on 8/12/2014We wanted to have a quiet dinner with our adult children, we ask for the dining room and we were able to have a nice family dinner. We'll go again for sure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happening place !SandraDined on 7/31/2014I went to Moxie's for lunch with a girlfriend ... knowing Moxie's was good... but came away saying GREAT !! Lot's of atmosphere (even at lunch) ... good food & great service !! Will certainly go back ...Special Features:
- foodmeVIPDined on 7/26/2014Moxies was a nice place, it was just huge. Good food, good menu, good everything, but the restaurant was gigantic (to the point that there were many empty tables on a Saturday night), and the menu suffers from an identity crisis. It just gave it all a big box feel. But the food was good, so I'd try again.
- DisappointedStarVIPDined on 7/26/2014We were a group of 6. Three of us ordered steaks and the three were not cooked to order (over done) The waitress lacked experience, although she was nice, she has to keep going to get answers to our questions . When asked by the manager how our supper was, we told him about steaks being over cooked .. He offered us one free desert!? We did not take it . We spent over $300, drinks, wine, sangria and main courses...we were disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateDined on 7/25/2014My spouse and I were there before attending a show at the Bell Center. It took a while to see the waitress but then after she took good care of us with good timing. My spouse particularly appreciated the look of the uniform of the female staff, which I can qualify as " minimalist?" Music was pretty loud, a few decibels less would be appreciated! Food was sseeved hot and pretty good. Good place for cocktails and a bite after work....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- markmarkDined on 7/23/2014Food was very good excellent value for the money. Service is attentive and efficient. It is very lively at the bar area and could be noisy but generally a fun spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to get the kinks worked outReviewerDined on 7/21/2014I've been to Moxies in other cities and I like the place - the food, service ambiance - so I decided to try the new Moxies in Mtl. While the food was good, the service was lacking. When I walked in and told the greeter that I had made a reservation for 2, she asked me if I wanted to sit upstairs or downstairs, so I said upstairs. Then I asked if my guest had arrived and she said he was upstairs. Hmmm. What if I said I wanted to sit downstairs? Would she have even told me my guest was 2 floors up? The kitchen also got my main course wrong. This Moxies is a work in progress.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent service. Excellent atmosphere. Overall a fantastic dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but noisyjsbreaultDined on 7/11/2014The food is awesome, the employees are careful and gives a good service. Perhaps, if you want to dinner with more than four people, you won't be able to hear them properly, the music is very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pamela53Dined on 7/11/2014It was my first visit to Moxie's and I have never seen a restaurant like this before. It is very trendy with wood paneling and high ceilings. The only drawback is climbing stairs to top floor to diningroom. The bar scene was very vibrant although the music was way too loud so we opted for diningroom which was very relaxing and comfortable. I had the haddock with quinoa which was outstanding. My friend had the classic burger with salad and loved it. We had the mini platter of desserts which is a very clever option and was awesome. It melted in your mouth and made in- house. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends. Food and service was outstanding .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really long wait times for foodshellDined on 7/11/2014I have been to Moxies twice, once with a group of 3 and once with a group of 9. Both times the servers and hosts were friendly and attentive and the kitchen wait times were frustrating. It took 30-45 minutes to receive food after ordering. The server received a lot of famished stares from the table.Special Features:
- Not bad, not greatCharbluVIPDined on 7/7/2014Its a bit weird that most of the tables are on the third floor of the building. Once we entered the restaurant, we were asked to take the stair..... Service was so-so. Athough there were not that many people, they seemed to be confused who served who.... Although we are in Montreal, staff seemed to be predominantly english speaking, i.e. their french was.......b
- Very goodDanielleT76Dined on 7/4/2014Food was really good, our waitress super friendly and we were served fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceI8itall123Dined on 7/3/2014Was recommended to try this restaurant out. Was pleasantly surprised at the ambiance and energy of this restaurant!!! Waitresses really knew the menu well and were very friendly as well. Not a place for a quiet lunch if that's what your looking for.Special Features:
- Another great experience at Moxies!KellyVIPDined on 7/3/2014Moxies never disappoints and always delivers. I have been to several Moxies' locations. They are all great - all with their own distinctive decor. One thing seems consistent: the food and the service. I love the new location in downtown Montreal, the first in the province of Quebec. I work at Place Ville Marie and Moxies makes a great lunch spot. I have never had a bad meal. Everything is good. I have told several people about it and the word is spreading. I've been three times since it opened this spring and the place is ALWAYS very busy. The fact that Moxies is part of OpenTable is smart business for them and an added bonus for the patrons. Keep up the good work, Moxies!Special Features:
- Fair dining experienceFoodie28Dined on 6/26/2014I enjoyed the restaurant, its location is prime, it is a very big restaurant but it should have an elevator because the top floor is actually 2 floors up on pretty high stairs. The service was really slow so I definitely would not recommend it for lunch. It took us 35 minutes to get our order which is a bit long for lunch. It was quite noisy so it is hard to hear the others at the table. Overall it was ok but I dont think I would go back for lunch.Special Features:
- Chain RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Feels and tastes like a chain restaurant. Good choice if you don't mind the "chain" feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good First Visitfoodie23Dined on 6/23/2014I would definitely visit again. Liked the ambiance and thought it was nice. Food took a bit long to arrive and it was empty. The music is a bit on the loud side so you have to raise your voice. Food was tasty but VERY salty would have enjoyed the meal more with less salt. Definitely a place that has good potential to be a fun night out dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014Went early for lunch, food was really delicious, service was incredible ! Will definetly be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndrewAndrewVIPDined on 6/20/2014This was a horrible experience. Do not go here. I reserved 2 days in advance and was seated at the worst table in the place. Understandable if the place is busy but it was empty. I was told that all the better tables were reserved. Well, I reserved as well. Avoid at all costs. Go to Vertigo next door or the Keg
- Great time!SpybartDined on 6/8/2014Had a great time with my parents, wife and 1.5 y.o. son! Service was great... Must try their chocolate cake! Awesome!Special Features:
- New restaurant - Few glitchesEricVIPDined on 6/7/2014This is a new restaurant, expect some glitches with the order, food and service. Overall it was good.Special Features:
- Quiet but very niceRosebush60Dined on 6/7/2014I was wishing for a Moxie's to open in the Montréal area for a few years now. Finaly got to try it and very pleased :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotLiveandeatDined on 6/7/2014Good food, the chicken wings were excellent as was the Salmon. The steak was a little overcooked. Great wine selection. Look forward to the terrace opening. Definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Hot spotKiran05Dined on 6/5/2014At my arrival, I was stunned. It was packed. All dressed up. Music was a bit loud, I had to yell for my reservation. The place looked awesome. Our waitress was friendly, but not knowledgeable. The service was slow, but food was really good. For the payments, it took so long, plus our change back was not properly given. It is a very nice new place, but service and noise level has to be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud for business meetingsIwillbebackDined on 5/28/2014The music was quite loud which forced the clientele to speak louder in order to be heard. I was barely able to hear the people at my own table due to this.Special Features:
- Manque d'expérienceSoniaDined on 5/23/2014Au premier degré, les serveuses sont très jeunes et jolies, mais sans contenu. Ca me fait penser au resto Cavalli. Elles manquent d'expérience dans le service au client. Elles ont une attitude d'ado si vous voyez ce que je veux dire. Faut pas trop leur en demander. Par chance que Vitto est là et voit à la satisfaction de sa clientèle! Au deuxième degré, l'endroit reste quand même sympatique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 13 reviews are from the MOXIES Grillades/Bar - Montreal reviews archive.
- Amazing serviceFrankDined on 5/22/2014Love the food, love the spot,amazing service. Love itSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014This restaurant was horrible. The food was mediocre and the price was over the top for what you were getting. Do not order a mojito unless you want a pure seltzer water. I suggest taking a walk down to the old port.
- Great Urban VibektwolfDined on 5/15/2014We were a group of 7 - 2 adults and 5 college students, visiting Montreal as part of a school trip. We chose Moxies for a variety of reasons... location (within easy walking distance to our hotel), menu, price, pictures on their website, and reviews. We were seated in the upstairs bar area, which had a vibrant, festive atmosphere. It was clear that there were a lot of people who had come together after work to enjoy one another's company. The decor was contemporary & sophisticated, yet very comfortable. The staff was friendly, attentive and efficient. The food was absolutely delicious, and beautifully presented... from the simplest burger to the most sophisticated salmon dish. We all had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Lot of wine missingmm124Dined on 5/14/2014More than 50% of the wine list was out of stock. Or it has very much people during last days... or the order was not correctly made. Very nice place offering the bar with friends and a more quiet part for famely and lovers. We will be there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but decent foodLoveToDineDined on 5/12/2014The quality and menu choices are decent. The portions are a good size. Good place for an afterwork get together, but would not recommend if your group wants to talk. The noise level is quite high so difficult to hear someone across a table unless they are yelling. It would be a good place to sit and watch the game on the big screen tvs, and no talking is involved. Good place for guys as the waitresses all wear low cut blouses, so eye candy for the men, but not so great if you're a woman on a date!Special Features: