Moxie the Restaurant - Cleveland
3355 Richmond Road
Beachwood, OH 44122Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Moxie the Restaurant - Cleveland
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.moxietherestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2168315599
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Bennett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Moxie offers full service modern American cuisine. Catering for up to 500 people off premise and 200 on premise
- Entertainment: Moxie features live entertainment on Thursday, Friday & Saturday Nights in our lounge.
- Special Events: Moxie features wine dinners the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. and wine tastings the third Friday of each month for $25 plus tax and gratuity from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Reservations requested. 216.831.5599
A word from Moxie the Restaurant - Cleveland
For those with descriminating taste, who understand the art of creative cuisine, the importance of fine wine and the beauty of a diverse menu, there is Moxie, the Restaurant. Named one of the top 25 best new restaurants by Esquire Magazine, Moxie continues to tantalize the dining public. Its superb lunch menu consistently attracts both business professionals and trendy socialites. Its dinner menu, an exciting, flavor-filled melange of small, medium, and large plates affords diners the opportunity to sample, share and savor diverse offerings designed for any appetite. Patio seating with live music on weekends provides the perfect backdrop on warm summer days and evenings. Exquisite monthly wine dinners and tastings are not-to-be-missed. Superb desserts, including the signature Baked Hot Chocolate, always garner rave reviews.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Moxie the Restaurant - Cleveland reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)great for outdoor dining (47)neighborhood gem (40)special occasion (37)great for lunch (35)good for groups (24)romantic (23)hot spot (21)notable wine list (18)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (8)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Phenomenal Date Night!RWellsDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I always try to find restaurants we've never experienced. Moxie was chosen specifically for the location with only a few reviews investigated prior to our dining there. We were impressed with just about every facet of our experience. The host staff was friendly, prompt and made us feel genuinely welcome. Our server was prompt, informative and paced our meal perfectly! The food was absolutely top notch and every single item we indulged in was unique and mouth watering! We will definitely be returning to this fine establishment!Special Features:
- Anniversary ExperienceLLB7Dined on 10/2/2014Great evening, great service, great food! Loved the fall decorations in the restaurant! A happy anniversary from the server along with a delicious hot chocolate dessert was such a great touch! OpenTable didn't send my email confirmation to me until the day after our reservation, which was a little strange. But no worries, I just called the restaurant to confirm.Special Features:
- A lovely lunch!LindyDined on 10/1/2014Everything was perfect. Great service, great food. I always know Moxie will be a perfect place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedNickVIPDined on 9/27/2014We got seated in the bar by choice, but I might as well been eating at another restaurant. We waited 10 minutes for a server, I finally got up and ordered drinks from the bartender. 5 minutes later a sever came over and said she had to go check on specials. 10 minutes later so came back to tell us the fish special was no longer available, it was 8:30 at the point, a little earlier to be out of specials on a Saturday night. Server said same it was the special at Red too, so went really quick. Frankly, not a good excuse, Red and Moxie have been doing this awhile, I would assume that could project # of special needed a little better. In the end food was good, but Moxie could have careless that I came for dinner on a Saturday night.
- good food, not great ambiancenickiDined on 9/27/2014was surprised that it wasn't more intimate. high ceilings made it very open. service was just ok because it seemed like there was only one waiter for the main dining area. food was delicious thoughSpecial Features:
- DisappointingecotravelerVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was interesting, if not outstanding. But service was haphazard. Our server seemed overloaded, as though she was covering for a co-worker who didn't show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Table on the patioSusGBVIPDined on 9/20/2014We ate our dinner on the patio at a wonderful round table for six. It was perfect. Food was delicious as well.Special Features:
- Food was not prepared wellShakaVIPDined on 9/18/2014We ordered sesame tuna and pork chop for dinner on a late Thursday night. The tuna was sashimi grade and the center was rare as it should have been. The problem was the temperature of the tuna-ice cold in the center, like it was just taken out of the refrigerator. The center should have been room temperature. The pork chop was much too salty, that any flavor it did have was completely overshadowed by the saltiness. Service was attentive and pleasant.
- Great lunch!!MimiDined on 9/18/2014Had lunch at Moxie's last week with girlfriends to celebrate a birthday! The breads were delicious & refills were graciously served, are lunches were delicious & the birthday treat Moxie's Baked Hot Chocolate was a sweet surprise from our server. Atmosphere was vibrant & fun. We were able to stay and talk after the meal with coffee refills a plenty! We had a great time & would highly recommend Moxie's.Special Features:
- Lots of ChoicesFOODIE4MeVIPDined on 9/12/2014This place always offers lots of choice - the filet was done just right but instead of being on a bed of creamy goat cheese whipped potatoes, I got a whipped mixture of corn goulash? Waiter needs to learn his foods and menu items. The SWAUDFISH (swordfish) was nothing to write home about-small portion (waiter needs to learn how to pronouce entrees).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, Well Conceived MealSilooetDined on 9/6/2014We have enjoyed several meals at Moxie, and this trip was no exception. The menu was well conceived with the sides matching the entrée very well. The menu itself is regularly refreshed based on seasonality, and the specials are consistently appealing. The service was very good, with the server providing his insight on the menu. He had a good understanding of the food being served, and was comfortable enough to advise us on both the menu and the wine. We started dinner fairly early (6:30 PM) to a mostly empty restaurant, but the table filled up by the time that we had left around 9:00 PM. It was by no means noisy, and the live music was good. Overall, it was an enjoyable evening, and we will find a reason to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing fish menuSunnyDined on 9/4/2014I was apalled that a restaurant the caliber of Moxie's would have Catfish on the menu. Disappointed in the fish choices: salmon (a staple of all restaurants) seared tuna (was very good), They would not prepare anything else. Pointing out, fish, NOT shellfish. We do not eat shellfish. Our waitress Nicole, was excellent, perfect. Appreciated birthday treat. Thank you for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- De-lish!happy2tasteDined on 9/3/2014Moxie is a real find! The food was delicious with a very rich mix of flavors. I had the salmon with lentils and gnocchi. The salmon was most and chief to perfection. The skin was crispy with a slightly salty tinge and the meat was juicy acc well seasoned. The lentils grounded the dish and made it hearty while the gnocchi gave the dish a creamy texture. The greens in the dish were also well seasoned (I think there was bacon!) without being overpowering. While the outside looks a little dated, the inside was beautiful and the staff was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FAVORITE NO MORE!foodieInMiamBeachVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have always loved this restaurant and it was always out "go to" spot. But last Friday night the service was DEPLORABLE! Not only was the service slow and inattentive, they got our orders wrong: entrees not cooked correctly, wrong sides, and desert not cooked. We could forgive all of that, but no one acknowledged the mishaps. The RIGHT thing to do was offer us free deserts or coffee, but nothing. That kind of unapologetic service is inexcusable. Regretfully, we will not be back.
- Made My Wife Very Happy!MitchDined on 8/29/2014I usually go to Moxie for business. When I tell my wife she is always jealous and says, "We should go there." I invited her to lunch and suggested Moxie. Although we had both been there before, every time we return it's a special experience. We were not disappointed this time and I scored some extra points with my wife (always a plus). Thanks so much.Special Features:
- ReliablelaurenVIPDined on 8/25/2014Moxie is a reliable experience though not the value it once was. At first glance the menu seemed a bit tired but on further investigation, there were some new interesting choices, among them a roasted cauliflower appetizer.Special Features:
- Great eveningdannoDined on 8/22/2014Tremendous meal and the service was excellent. We met with a party for discussion and their was not rush to move us through the meal and on to the next guest. All food was excellently prepared.Special Features:
- Great Menu Reasonable price.EarlDined on 8/22/2014Food was terrific. Menu was fairly priced with most entres between $25-30. Wine menu was a little pricey. Staff was friendly and good service. Outdoor seating was pretty with nice accustic live music. I would definitely go back - One of our new favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ordinary to sub-parOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I had a business guest for lunch. I made reservations for 11:30 AM. We arrived on time. It was well after 12:15 when our food arrived. The waitress did apologize that it was taking "longer than usual." There was no one in the restaurant when we were seated. It was packed by the time we finished our meal at 1:00.
- Great lunchCAK2VIPDined on 8/14/2014The Cobb salad is back yeah best salmon on the planet.Special Features:
- Rivka2014Dined on 8/9/2014I'm usually a 20% at least tipper but I couldn't justify giving our server more than 10% and I didn't even want to do that. Was celebrating my best friends birthday and she put a damper on our whole evening by acting like she didn't want us there.Special Features:
- Never Again Staff did not careOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Service was slow waited over 45 minutes for entrees when mentioned to the manager we never saw the manager again. Waiter disappeared. I will never go back or ever recommend this restaurant to anyone. The lack of personal service was terrible. A $250 bill for four people is a nice check. Someone should have responded to us while we were there.
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/8/2014We are never let down at Moxie. The food is fantastic, the outdoor space is great and the new late-night menu is scrumptious! And it's cheese month - fantastic selections of local cheese.Special Features:
- DeliciousFoodie916VIPDined on 8/8/2014It was such a great dining experience. The patio is a wonderful atmosphere. The food was amazing and they had live music playing on the patio and it really enhanced the entire experience. Salmon was perfectly cooked and the drinks were yum.Special Features:
- Wedding weekendLindaNDined on 8/8/2014Out of towners found Moxie via an Urban Spoon search. Host staff were over the top accommodating our late arrival. Wait staff were quick to get our drink orders in, realizing our post 7 hour drive need to kick back. We wanted to try several appetizers tapas style and they made that easy. All the choices were perfectly plated and delicious. Looking forward to a return visit when back in Cleveland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit, not the lastsnipsVIPDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed a delicious meal at Moxie. We decided to sit inside although most diners picked the patio.Our meals included the crab cakes, filet, and a grilled sirloin special, and their frites. My fiance loved the creamed corn side that came with the filet but wasn't a fan of the smoked tomato jam that topped the filet. We have visited the adjacent Red's Steakhouse several times, but this was our first visit to Moxie and it will not be our last. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining visitorsCoolDiningDined on 8/7/2014Moxie's is always a good choice. The food is excellent and they always take care of the client requests. This is my standard for entertaining.Special Features:
- RecommendedMediocreDined on 8/2/2014We had a booth. The restauranr was not crowded and we were able to relax and take our time enjoying our company and the food. I enjoy the other ouple we were with and we could visit and hear one another. The food was excellent. My pork chop was well prepared and delicious. I especially enjoyed the accompaning polenta and roasted cauliflower. My husbands ribeye was equally well prepared. Our service was perfect.Special Features:
- Very slow serviceJudylucyDined on 8/1/2014It took almost thirty minutes for our drinks to arrive. The server said that there was only one bartender on duty. Food was slow in coming, too, and waiters kept trying to take away my husbands salad before he was finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual!oftenoutVIPDined on 8/1/2014A notably slow but very pleasant server, however not sure that was her doing or the kitchens; be that as it may, both the kale salad , chicken and tuna were absolutely delicious, perfect temperature, pleasing presentation.Special Features:
- Lots of MoxieFOODIE4MeVIPDined on 7/31/2014This is the place to come for GOOD comfort food - whether an appetizer-calamari, a salad-beet salad (wonderful), a burger (delish!) or the lamb ratatouille, every dish is at it's best. The wine list is good, the wait staff is attentive (sometimes too attentive) but all in all, everyone enjoyed every last bite! The desserts are always TOPS-great key line cheesecake or the flourless chocolate bomb, sorbet-fresh.Special Features:
- Moxie'szzzcatDined on 7/23/2014Had a very excellent lunch with friends-no rush to eat and leave-staff very attentive-open face veal sandwich was excellent-restaurant very crowded for lunch on a weekday-reservations are strongly suggested for lunch and are a MUST for dinner.Special Features:
- OFF nightSoozyQVIPDined on 7/18/2014I have dined at Moxie many times and usually give it high marks, however, this past Friday the restaurant was OFF ITS GAME. I ordered the special -- red grouper--. It was undercooked (really raw in the thickest part of the filelt) and I sent it back. It disappeared for a long time and came back on a hot plate but the fish was still not cooked through -- it was not even hot to the touch. I sent it back again. Another longish wait and it was brought back after the rest of our party had finished eating. The manager did the right thing and without being asked, removed it from our bill, but for a restaurant of this caliber, this was amateur night. They seemed to be short staffed in the bussing dept. too.
- ConsistentrushnotDined on 7/15/2014Returning to Moxie's is like returning to an old friends home for dinner. The staff is always friendly and the food is consistent. The fish special for the night we dined was the choice for the majority of the party and was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- diningdivaavidclefoodieDined on 7/14/2014I find the food is very consistent here. Sometimes the portions are really small, but I generally love the selections and the bread and dip is amazing....try not to fill up on it.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningDine4everDined on 7/11/2014Fod was perfect, wins terrific and so was the serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/7/2014Monday night half price wine by the bottle was the draw here. Food was prepared as described and delivered in a timely manner.
- Relaxing Business LunchCrilenVIPDined on 7/3/2014Had a relaxing lunch with an associate from out of town and we had a great time. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth itdineoutDined on 6/28/2014There were 4 of us for dinner. We had requested outdoor seating and it was immediately available on a Sat night (not always the case in other restaurants). The waiter was extremely knowledgeable about the food and gave very precise and comprehensive descriptions of the food. There were two specials the night that we were there and two of us had one and two of us had the other. They were both excellent. I had the fish and it was not only cooked well but the other items that it was plated with were perfectly suited to the dish. Service was just right, not too pushy and not too slow. Portions are fairly substantial but everyone ate their entire plate. All in all an excellent evening.Special Features:
- Moxielious!FOODIE4MeVIPDined on 6/26/2014Wonderful food - the herb crusted walleye melted in my mouth - savory! Lamb special was the best while everything else is the usual fare but always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.