Mountain View Restaurant at Cheyenne Mountain Resort
3225 Broadmoor Valley Rd
Colorado Springs, CO 80906Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mountain View Restaurant at Cheyenne Mountain Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cheyennemountain.com/Dining/dining.asp
- Phone: 719-538-4060x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am -10:00am for buffet, A La Carte 6:30 am- 11:00 pm, Sunday: 6:30am -10:00am; Breakfast will not be served after 10 am. Sunday Brunch 11:00 - 2:00 pm with a no menu service. Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Timothy A Ralphs
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Mountain View Restaurant offers two private dining rooms with spectacular views of Cheyenne Mountain, the Country Club of Colorado and our signature 18-hole Pete Dye designed golf course. The rooms, known as Remington's I and II, comfortably seat up to 75 guests each. Remington's I also boasts its own gas-burning fireplace, which sets the perfect mood for your important event. Room rental fees may apply.
- Private Party Contact: Iveta Merilson 7195384089x
A word from Mountain View Restaurant at Cheyenne Mountain Resort
Simply put, Colorado Fusion is blending of Rocky Mountain ingredients and global cooking styles. We invite you to enjoy the Colorado Fusion experience, available only at the Mountain View Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Mountain View Restaurant at Cheyenne Mountain Resort - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Mountain View Restaurant at Cheyenne Mountain Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (35)great for brunch (24)special occasion (22)kid-friendly (18)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (17)romantic (12)great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Always GooduawolfDined on 9/19/2014Had a good meal with the Friday Night Prime Rib and Sea Food buffet. Overall a geat selection of tasty dining options. Only soft spot in the whole effort was the cold-ish crab legs ... but crab legs on a buffet are always a challenge to keep warm so they can be forgiven. Well worth the money and will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a perfect experience!COSurferDined on 9/14/2014We have been going to the Sunday brunch over the past couple if years and never had a bad experience. The staff is always friendly, great food selection, and a wonderful views of the mountains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Buffet Pretty GoodCOSvisitorDined on 8/29/2014Crazy busy F night. Party of 3 jammed in to bad corner too close to other tables. Asked hostess for different table, refused. Asked server for different table. Moved promptly. Best tastes: oven roasted swordfish and prime rib both excellent. Lobster bisque, smoked salmon, cooked salmon and raw oysters excellent also. Least favorite: shrimp in polenta, seafood salad, king crab legs (too much work). Skip: desserts. Wine list: ok. Nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced but great view!CKOldhamVIPDined on 8/28/2014The buffet here looks great but tastes right under average. At $33 a piece, we were regretful. Lots of young children running around and screaming, etc. but the view cannot be beat. Just beautiful. Service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Needs workLkm80919Dined on 8/24/2014New brunch configuration left breakfast guests with cold, unappetizing options to select from. Until the resort gets back on track with morning options - avoid, avoid, avoid. Took my mother out this past weekend to celebrate her birthday and was extremely disappointed with the food at our meal. Limited options to select from in an out of the way, poorly maintained buffet line. Bright spot was our server, Darryl.
- Stellar buffetDiamondsintheroughDined on 8/20/2014Not your typical buffet. Really high quality entre items. Somewhat limited variety. We ate on a weekday; Fridays are more lavish. The dining room is large with nice spacing between tables. Service was outstanding. Very attentive server. Salads were nice and desserts were over the top. A terrific view and the restaurant has outdoor seating. We also had their breakfast buffet. Omelets made to your liking. Excellent waffles. Again, outstanding service.Special Features:
- jbetzwellVIPDined on 8/11/2014too many kids running around, it reminded me of a cruise ship buffet.Special Features:
- Don't do itdisappointedDined on 8/10/2014The food (most of it) wasn't awful but it wasn't uexactly good especially for the price.
- Saturday night diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Our party of 14 dined at Cheyenne Mt Inn last Saturday evening it was NOT a good experience, it fact a bad one, would not recommend it at all, very, very disappointed, will not go back. Certainly we expected much more for what we paid.Special Features:
- DisappointedkathiDined on 8/2/2014Dined here with my daughter and grandson and was disappointed. Menu selections were few, presentation of my petite filet was the worst I have ever seen. Hearts of romaine was tasty but the little anchovies on top looked super oily and they weren't needed. Mac and cheese we ordered for my grandson was something out of a box I am sure and I expected a bit more from this establishment. Wasn't offered a wine list, mango creme brulee was good. Staff, aside from never being offered a wine list, was excellent! The ambience was pretty. Hostess was amazing and we saw her two other times and she was amazing and happy each time we saw her! I wish I had her name as I would let management know!Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Golden Corral costs 10% of the price. Same food though. Terrible selection. Waste of money.Special Features:
- We had an awesome experienceSomervilleDined on 7/24/2014The service was very good. The food was delicious. Except the meatball sandwiches were hard because it sat under the warm light. Should be made upon request. The ambiance met the classy style. I loved it. I will definitely recommend to people.Special Features:
- nanajackDined on 7/19/2014Although there were many service problems, the staff did their utmost to remedy the situations e.g.. coffee pot that broke as we were being served. We had the buffet which was ample and varied, but next time I would order from the menu - fish too spicy and I don't eat red meat. The view was lovely and relaxing and we will definitely give them another chance. The desire for a first class restaurant was there, it just needs a little refining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Sunday Brunch!MeaganDined on 7/13/2014What a great spread! Reasonable price for the value you're getting. Food and service were excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a beautiful Sunday Brunch. Great food and beatiful views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for brunch!ChrisiBDined on 7/13/2014This is my husband's favorite place for brunch! It was his birthday and I took him there to celebrate and we always leave feeling extremely happy!Special Features:
- Great for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014This was great for our anniversary. The brunch was nice. We sat out on the patio, weather was beautiful, warm and sunny. Awesome view of the mountain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeSLDKDined on 7/4/2014As you should know, the restaurant is located in a AAA 4 Diamond Resort so it's going to be a bit pricey, but the price is well worth it. Very good service, very good food, very good location. You won't regret making a reservation here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurant.NordicsLtdDined on 7/4/2014Enjoyed excellent brunch, staff service and views of Cheyenne Mountain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood buffetCOSdinerDined on 6/27/2014We should not have expected much from a seafood buffet. Seafood needs to be cooked just right and having the food sitting out of course it is going to be overcooked. The crab and shrimp could have used more flavor and pretty much all of the other dishes were way too salty. We're glad we tried it but definitely will not be going back.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014My Wife and I have eatin here twice now for the Friday night buffet. The crab legs,coctail Shrimp, oysters on the half shell, prime rib, salad bar and of course the amazing sweets are the best you will find in Colorado Springs. I have refer everyone to eat here! If your disappointed with this food and service, there is no pleasing you! See you soon, David & Leslie VanDevenderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful PlaceKarenDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day for Brunch. It was a good time and good food. This is our second time of going there and just can't get enough of the views. Staff are always very friendly.Special Features:
- juppeats3.5starjuppeatsVIPDined on 6/6/2014We scheduled a special occasion here for 4 people. Staff were nice to let us set up some gag gifts on our table before other guests arrived. Turned out we were there on Friday night when they offer their seafood buffet. Lucky for us it was a spectacular spread of not only seafoods, but also carved prime rib, pork tenderloin, chicken, etc. Nice cheese and salad bar, wonderful dessert choices. Seafoods included lobster bisque, seasoned cured salmon and white fish, varying seafood entrees, crab legs, oysters on the half shell and pre-peeled large shrimp. We aren't from the area, but would be Friday evening regular if we did.Special Features:
- Seafood BuffetcheftomDined on 6/6/2014A well presented, fresh prepared seafood buffet. Well priced, but lacking slightly in selection of prepared seafood selections. Non-seafood selections were very well done. Will definetly return again.Special Features:
- Amazing service as always!NikkiblysDined on 5/25/2014Food here is consistently good, view is spectacular, and the service is impeccable!Special Features:
- grnidgrlDined on 5/25/2014disappointing selection for Sunday brunch. I would expect more for the price. Mimosas were the saving grace.
- The following 354 reviews are from the Mountain View Restaurant at Cheyenne Mountain Resort reviews archive.
- Jennifer BroomeJbroDined on 5/23/2014Nice place, service a bit slow but they were very nice. Food was good except they ran out of shrimp on the seafood buffet!Special Features:
- Great Dinning/Fantastc priceGungaJimDined on 5/23/2014Elegant dinning with some of the best service I have seen. Dine while viewing the georgeous Cheyenne Mountains. Order the buffet or off the menu. Either way, you will bot be disappointed. I had the seafood buffet - fresh seafood from the Pacific. Mussels, oysters, shrimp, fish galore. What a feast. And dessert was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was great breakfeast and affordableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014It was much more affordable than I thought. The food on the buffet for breakfast was great and majority of it pretty healthy. I definitely will be going back and hope to try the brunch next time and sit outside for the spectacular view.Special Features:
- great fooddinneroutDined on 5/17/2014Food was great.We had a party of 10 and it would have been nicer to have a round table rather than a long table so that everyone could socialize with each other. I am also not a fan of the tip being added automatically because the server knows they are getting paid no matter what. The service was good but at times he was nowhere to be found and he definitely spent more time with his smaller tables. Given that we all ordered the buffet I don't feel the automatic tip was warranted.Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchtaradevaDined on 5/11/2014We arrived at 1130 (on time) for our reservation but were not greeted promptly by the host/hostess, even though I stood directly in front of them waiting for them to acknowledge me. After about 7-8 minutes, we were acknowledged and seated. The service at the table was excellent, and the food was good. There were 3 different buffet areas, and a carving station. While I enjoyed the food, I felt it was overpriced as our lunch for 3 people was over $178. Not sure if I will return.Special Features:
- Mini-Retirement PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014I invited a small group of people, here, for a mini-retirement party. My request for a table that was tucked into a corner with a view was honored and we had a perfect spot for our dinner. Our server,Pepe, was an older gentleman, very experienced, and took EXCELLENT care of us! We all had the Seafood Buffet, which offered a wide variety of choices and was very good. The dessert bar looked great but did not stay well-stocked by the time we were ready for dessert. Otherwise, we had a great experience and would recommend this place, especially, for special occasions. The resort is terrific for strolling after dinner and many quiet places are available for small groups to gather to visit and enjoy the views!Special Features:
- Another Good ExperienceJohnDined on 4/26/2014We just went as a group of 5 couples to dinner on Saturday night. We all ended up deciding to go for the buffet and loved it! The servers who waited on us were great, even when we ended up requesting separate checks. They didn't bat an eye. The whole experience was wonderful.Special Features:
- Amazing Easter Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014My family enjoyed Easter Brunch there! The food was amazing and service was excellent!Special Features:
- Beautiful BrunchTDSDDined on 4/13/2014Great brunch food in a beautiful location. Nice variety. Carson wa a wonderful server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday!MadreDined on 4/6/2014Friends have said the Mountain View Restaurant has an outstanding Sunday brunch - they were right! We took a 45 minute drive for what turned out to be an excellent way to spend a few hours celebrating my birthday. The service was excellent. The food was so delicious - we all agreed there wasn't, a thing we tired that we didn't like. Each item was perfectly prepared and perfectly presented. Mimosas and champagne were included which made for a feeling of celebration. The dining experience ended with a very nice dessert selection and coffee. I highly recommend this restaurant and thank them for doing what you expect from a restaurant and doing it exceedingly well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view with great foodMaximillianVIPDined on 4/4/2014My wife and I ate here after finding it on Open Table. We went on a Friday night when they have a seafood buffet on the menu. The price is very reasonable as they offered everything from shrimp cocktail to oysters on the half shell to steamed crab legs just for starters. There was also a grilled swordfish and even prime rib is seafood is no to your liking. The salad bar had some great choices and the shrimp bisque soup was very good. Dessert is also included and while the desserts looked very good, I would only rate them as moderate. Overall it was a great treat with excellent service by the very helpful staff.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceWeez44Dined on 3/28/2014My young daughter and I decided to have a girls night out and wanted to try something new. We had the seafood dinner buffet at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort and had a great time. The food was delicious and the servers were great. We had fun eating foods we have had before and trying dishes for the first time. We were able to relax and enjoy ourselves. We enjoyed our time so much that we may have to bring the boys (my husband and son) to share in the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJohnDined on 3/21/2014My friends and I ate at the Mountain View Restaurant for the Friday night steak and seafood buffet the other night and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Our server, Ron, was absolutely wonderful and the food was fantastic! We were so excited to find out that they had moved the prime rib to Friday night and joined it with the seafood buffet as we had previously enjoyed both the seafood and prime buffets each on separate occasions. This was a real treat for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner vs. Sunday brunchJackieDined on 3/16/2014Since we were staying at the Resort, we had dinner there as well as the Sunday brunch. The Sunday brunch was a very positive experience with a huge variety of great food. The dinner buffet wasn't the best, especially for the cost. The food wasn't too tasteful and the salads were not too imaginative. I would definitely recommend the brunch, but make sure you start with a healthy appetite in order to get your money's worth!Special Features:
- DisappointedRichardDined on 3/15/2014The buffet has deteoriated signaficantly on Saturday night. I was embarassed by the offerings I subjected my wife and two guests to. Serloin beef was tough and grizzly, shrimp was very small shrimp in a nodescript sauce, Chichken was tough. Two types of cheeze were essentially american white and yellow. No special cheezes. One type of bread. Soup was onion bisquie satisfactory. Deserts were the high point of the meal. I will not return soon.Special Features: