Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant
3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway
Mount Vernon, VA 22309Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mountvernon.org/inn
- Phone: 7037800011x
- Hours of Operation:
Sundays only: 11:00am-7:00pm
Monday-Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm;
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm;
Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 4pm-8pm in Tavern Room
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Wallen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Catering Department is in charge of booking all of our private events, including Weddings, Corporate Functions, Baby Showers, Promotion Ceremonies, etc. Many of our Saturdays during Wedding Season tend to booked with Weddings, closing the Restaurant for the public. For more information, call our main number: 703.780.0011.
- Cross Street: George Washington Memorial Parkway
- Public Transit: There is a Metro Bus stop at the corner of the crosswalk directly in front of the Restaurant. The Metro Bus stops at Huntington Metro, the end of the Yellow Line.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is directly across the street on Route 235 North.
A word from Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant
The charming Mount Vernon Inn restaurant serves lunch daily and elegant candlelit dinners daily. The Inn offers six intimate dining rooms, two with fireplaces, all with colonial charm, costumed servers, and delicious regional and colonial cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)romantic (43)great for lunch (42)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (29)kid-friendly (24)scenic view (24)fit for foodies (21)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Really nice to find a restaurant whose only "surprise" is that "you are never surprised".....consistently good food, service and atmosphere. The only "disappointment" comes when you want to make a reservation only to find the Inn closed for a private party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best experience at Mt VernoBrownieDined on 8/21/2014We go to dinner at Mt Vernon very frequently, as we live right in the neighborhood and enjoy the place, the food, and the closeness to home. On Aug 21, we took our daughter and her husband to dinner to celebrate her birthday. Our server that night, Hector, while a very NICE person, was obviously very new at serving, wasn't a very skilled waiter, but we could have overlooked his newness IF ONLY we'd been able to understand him. Hector had a very heavy accent; we had several questions about items on the menu that were new to us -- a bad combination, as we asked again and again and again ... all to no avail, as we could NOT understand a word Hector was saying. If the server is not able to be understood by the diners, he's in the wrong workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IT'S A KEEPER!GinoDined on 8/20/2014We love going to the Mt. Vernon Restaurant! The food is always great, the staff is always very upbeat and professional! We've been to Happy Hour there with large groups. It is fun and a great central location. I'd recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- A Great Experience4fromGeorgiaDined on 8/19/2014First the setting is unmatched, George Washington's Mount Vernon. Second, the staff was very friendly and accommodating (allowing us to even get started a little early). finally, the food was prepared and presented with excellence. I am looking forward to my next trip to DC and my next experience at the Nt. Vernon Inn.Special Features:
- Real Food....Always GoodJoeDinerDined on 8/19/2014We dine at the MVI 2 to 3 times a month and always leave satisfied with the quality of the food and warm service. The staff remembers regulars and greats you like old guests. Typically I don't like to order restaurant week offerings as most establishments offer slop to meet the $35 threshold (which bewilders me as this event is suppose to entice future visits). But, my wife wanted the Lamb, so I bit the bullet. To say I was impressed and surprised is an understatement. Each of the 3 courses were tasty, plentiful, and worthy of being on their standard menu. My wife's lamb was outstanding, and the portion very generous. Despite being associated with a popular tourist venue, MVI maintains a loyal local base of customers.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Success!MortMason1776Dined on 8/16/2014Wanted to try a new restaurant for Alexandria Restaurant week, and my boyfriend and I decided to try George Washington's Mount Vernon Inn! It was well worth the $35! We each received an appetizer, main entree, and dessert. My scallop wellington was heavenly, the lamb dinner over mashed potatoes and green beans was delicious and the flourless chocolate cake for dessert was sinful! We sat on the back porch area near the patio which was perfect for a hot summer night. We are definitely coming back in the fall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 12joy34Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent meal and great service. The back room has been redecorated and looks great.Special Features:
- Well done!ChpatDined on 8/13/2014Wasn't sure what to expect, figured an overpriced menu hitch hiking on GW's name. VERY satisfied with the menu selection, and very reasonable price. Not overly fancy, but reasonable and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- higher hopescfreshDined on 8/13/2014I dined for dinner alone. The hostess tried to seat me in the bar. Really because I'm alone?? And the waitperson assumed I was waiting for someone. I chose the restaurant thinking it would be similar to dining in traditional Williamsburg. The website says it's dinner by candlelight but it's actually electric. The decor was from back in the day but there really isn't any beautiful views from anywhere in the restaurant. The fireplace was nice so maybe if you are dining later at night and/or in the winter the ambiance would be better. I thought it would be a finer dining experience. Diners were wearing shorts and tank tops and flip flops. Not at all what I was expecting. Food was pretty good. Waitperson was very attentive.Special Features:
- Perfect Unique Dining VenueHappyDiningDined on 8/13/2014This was a nice little restaurant, and a perfect romantic experience for our anniversary. The food was unique and excellent, and it was fun to try some menu items we don't find in typical dining venues. The service was great, and we felt like all our needs were taken care of immediately. The only complaint I would have is that we were positioned in front of a "group room" of some kind, which had people and servers coming in and out of there constantly and it was a little distracting and noisy at times.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I wished to dine at the Mt Vernon Inn because we were married there 17 yrs. ago to the day. We were greeted at the door with a look of dread. It was a little disappointing because having been in the public service business , I noticed little things that could have been done much better. Our server was knowledgable and pleasant, but perhaps policy restricted him. We ordered white wine, but the bottle was never placed in an ice bucket--it just sat on the table. My husband ordered Duck, but received chicken--did they think that he would not notice?? I got the impression that perhaps we were "in the way." We weren't tourists, but locals. Perhaps the Mt. Vernon Inn could use an attitude adjustment.Special Features:
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We loved the Mount Vernon Inn. We had dinner while listening to Kevin Kline and his band. Wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Dinner at the InnSallyDined on 8/7/2014The Inn has a historic atmosphere with small dining rooms and the staff in period attire. The service is relaxed and allows for a very pleasant meal. The new dinner menu offers good choices, the fried green tomato appetizer is tasty and the pork chop is an excellent choice for an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very quaint restaurantvettekpamDined on 8/7/2014We loved going here the food was wonderful.It was a very good experience and loved the atmosphere.Would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmospherecasualdinerDined on 8/6/2014A very nice place with a unique, colonial atmosphere. Serves a combination of interesting historic dishes and modern comfort food. I really liked the historic peanut soup and hoe-cakes but for the less-adventurous you can also get buffalo wings or a burger. The Mount Vernon Inn has a quiet, intitimate atmosphere and the prices are reasonable. We will defnitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZgoodDined on 8/6/2014The food and service are outstanding. My meal was a memorable meal in the good way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Mount VernonSunnyinMDDined on 8/5/2014We live in the area so I have eaten there many times. This is a solid, family-friendly restaurant with good food. Our fish (local bass) was perfectly cooked, vegetables appropriately crisp/tender, potato chips made in-house and delicious, they indulgently brought us a bowl of peanut soup with five spoons so we could all try the Washingtonian favorite. I love that they now take reservations so there's no waiting around the gift shop for a table. Our server was being trained so service was good! I highly recommend this to add to your Mount Vernon experience.Special Features:
- Always a winnerHavepilewilltravelDined on 8/1/2014This is our "go to" for a great meal with friends from out of town or close by. It's so hard not to order one of the steaks each time but I do force myself to branch out. Never had a meal there that wasn't fabulous although the ribeye is still my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Shrimp and Grits (grits from Mt. Vernon's own grist mill) a great way to appreciate the history that surrounds you. Service was fantastic, the whole staff really cared that our experience was a good one. Also, this restaurant helps support Mt. Vernon.Special Features:
- aaa78Dined on 7/28/2014We had the Cheese grits and Shrimp and the Duck - both were very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Why serve cornbread in a skillet when it's stone cold? The crab on the salad was spoiled and inedible. The tomato basil mozzarella had no ripe tomatoes and a few sprinkles of DRIED basil. Ridiculous. Overpriced.
- Old Style CharmmommyhundleyDined on 7/24/2014I hadn't been there for a while but was happy to see that it was just as wonderful as I had remembered!Special Features:
- Mount VernonEnvelmanVIPDined on 7/23/2014New menu works, food was great, service could be improvedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice lunch SurpirseGoodeatsGrandberry12345Dined on 7/23/2014Great place wonderful staff and environment. Affordable. They were open for suggestions to making the Menu items the way we liked them. Made for an overall grade A experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodShoegoddess0524Dined on 7/18/2014We really enjoyed the lunch we had. It was very good and everything was perfect. The staff was very friendly and helpful and made sure we always had refills on drinks. The food came very quickly and was hot and delicious!Special Features:
- Would Eat There AgainChsHTTRDined on 7/17/2014We went to visit Mount Vernon for several hours on our way up from Charleston, SC to New Brunswick, NJ to visit family. We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites and truly enjoyed the tour and grounds of Mount Vernon. Instead of hoping back onto Rt. 1 and fighting the hoards of traffic, we decided to try the Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant. It is definitely where we would eat lunch again when visiting Mount Vernon. Food is good, service is good and prices are good. If anyone knows the Northern VA area, you know it is expensive, Mount Vernon Inn will not break your wallet. My wife enjoyed her trout, I engulfed my burger, and both my boys (10 & 8) enjoyed their meals.Special Features:
- FoodBremner3Dined on 7/10/2014Party of three Two ordered Shrimp and Grits entre, third person ordered lamb. All three meals arrived at same time. Shrimp and grits were cold--both plates sent back. Meanwhile, person with lamb ended up eating alone, waiting for return of other two meals. Result: very awkward dinner--spoiled the evening, which was a special occassion for out of town house guests. I live in the neighborhood and have patroned the Inn many times. Not good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant findWorldTravelledDined on 7/3/2014The food is absolutely delicious. I'd hate to have to count calories because they spare nothing to obtain delightful taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Dinner@Mt. Vernon InnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014WE were very well treated, especially considering that some of our party arrived late.It was wind down Wednesday which meant there was a nice selection of bottles of wine for half price. We chose the Vouvray which was excellent. I had the Lamb duo as an entree which was superb. There's a kids menu too. Service was very attentive. Overall a great time as usual at the Mt. Vernon Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantWV2DCDined on 6/26/2014We had a very nice lunch at the Mount Vernon Inn. The restaurant is beautiful inside and makes you feel as if you were stepping back in history. The food was very good and service was quick and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014This was our first trip to Mt. Vernon and the Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant was the icing on the cake. My family thoroughly enjoyed our lunch and our experience. The waiter was great and so was the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014We had 5:30 reservations, but arrived early, and they were able to accommodate our party easily and graciously. Service was good and attentive, food was spectacular!, and I would enjoy going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, but ambience notbeenaroundthetableDined on 6/16/2014Drink orders taken and brought in a reasonable time. Then, the waitress disappeared what seemed like forever (15 minutes minimum). She apologized because they had a staff meeting! Hoecake was disappointing. Salad was good, but granddaughter asked for the soup of the day (New England Clam Chowder), cream of mushroom soup. When we asked waitress about it, she said they ran out of the chowder. Two of us ordered the crab cake, and granddaughter ordered lobster macaroni and cheese. All of that food was excellent. However, due to the large lapse time when our waitress disappeared, and then blowing off the swapping of the soup, then the overall rating went down. Hostess was not in period clothing, which is why we decided to go there.Special Features:
- 5LouisianaFriends5LouisianaFriendsDined on 6/16/2014We made reservations and were seated promptly. Staff was friendly, courteous and efficient. The food was delicious as were the cocktails. Definitely plan to return to the Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant. It was a happy experience.Special Features:
- Wish our family had dined elsewhereloveshistorynatureDined on 6/15/2014Even though we had reservations for the 4:30 father's day brunch, the wait staff had trouble finding us a table. Then we waited approx. 15 min. as our table did not seem to have a waitress. When we had been shown to the buffet, we returned to our table and still did not have silverware. Rather than wait for silverware, we obtained silverware from another table (all of them had silverware except ours). The food was good, but not great and my children's hamburgers were not completely cooked. The centers appeared pink and uncooked. I do not think the hamburgers were warm inside. The buffet menu listed a roasted pig and key lime pie. The pig was picked clean and the pie was gone. Would not recommend holiday buffets at this restaurant. Sorry.
- No healthy foods on Father's Day .TwindadDined on 6/15/2014We have loved the Mother's Day buffet st the Inn for two years now. We were disappointed in the lack of vegetables in this buffet . Even vegetables can be grilled . The food -- grilled meats, bread , potato salad , cole slaw, Ceasar's salad and mac and cheese were all excellent . Would have liked to have had the option of healthier choices, too. Limited selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014When i made the reservation I did not know it was only buffet. I was a little disappointed but the item were very goodSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerShamroqueDined on 6/14/2014We wanted to have nice quiet dinner and we got it! Freshly painted room, great service led by Judy and a lush meal. Fried green tomatoes were a great start, I had the grilled shrimp and scallops which were served over a yummy charred corn risotto with fresh green beans. My husband had the lamb grill and enjoyed it. The menu has been updated some and the quality improved since our last visit. The entire staff was friendly and it was a lovely summer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMarysThoughtsDined on 6/13/2014Our first time here; food was awesome; service was great; and making the online reservations was so easy. Nice ambience. Would highly recommend for anytime dining as well as that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichiganvisitorJune2014Dined on 6/13/2014Our server was excellent! The child's menu grilled cheese was mediocre (burned crust in places, looked and tasted like one slice of American cheese. The atmosphere was great and the adult meals, turkey pot pie and shrimp and grits were outstanding. Overall, I would recommend it. It is a good value for such a nice place.Special Features: