Mount Hill Tavern
2120 Colonial Road
Harrisburg, PA 17112Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mount Hill Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mounthilltavern.com/
- Phone: 7175406840x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11:30 am to 9:00 pm
Friday - 11:30 am to 10 pm
Saturday 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Clark
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Mount Hill Tavern features three private rooms for your event. Our smallest, across from our wine cellar, holds up to 16 guests. The Mezzanine can fit 24 guests comfortably with room for an A/V presentation. Our largest room is in the historic Fritchey Tavern room off of our lobby, which holds up to 50 guests. That space was built in 1798, and we restored it to how it would have felt back then, with original wood floors, trim, and windows. A fireplace with gas insert provides a wonderful atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Shirk-Martin 717-540-6840x
- Entertainment: Join us again on the lawn every Thursday and Saturday this summer from 6:30-9:30 for our "Mount Hill Tavern 2014 Music on the Lawn" series. Thursday evenings this year will feature jazz, pop, classics, soul, R&B and blues.
Seating will be available on the patio, or guests are free to bring their own tables and chairs for seating on the lawn. Our full dinner and beverage menu will be available on the patio and on the lawn.
- Special Events: Mount Hill Tavern features three private dining rooms for your special event. Please visit our website at www.mounthilltavern.com or give us a call at 717.540.6840 for details.
A word from Mount Hill Tavern
Mount Hill Tavern provides Harrisburg with bold American flavors, exceptional service, & an extensive wine program. Our casual menu offers our unique presentation of some classic items as well as new innovative creations from one of the areas top chefs Jason Clark. We have a full bar as well as a beer list featuring craft beers on draft. We are so pleased with the final look & feel which pays homage to the historical relevance of the location & incorporates updated interior design components. One will find an abundance of historical materials & colors integrated with modern restaurant concepts. We have two levels of seating indoors in addition to our bar, as well as a large seating area outdoors on our patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mount Hill Tavern - Best Restaurants in Harrisburg ›
Mount Hill Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)great for outdoor dining (48)fit for foodies (44)romantic (39)neighborhood gem (34)notable wine list (32)scenic view (23)good for groups (20)great for lunch (19)hot spot (8)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent find on all frontsJalevy99Dined on 10/18/2014We stopped on the way home from Penn State and we were more than pleasantly surprised. The food was amazing, the service was excellent and the overall dining experience was fabulous. We were well taken care of by the staff, the wine list was expansive and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice meat not cooked to order.BradK72VIPDined on 10/9/2014Second time there. First time, order filet done medium. It came out rare. Very rare, the waitress even commented when she saw it. This time ordered Kobe burger medium. It came out totally well done. I'm not sure they know the difference. Otherwise it's a nice place - just don't expect red meat to come out the way you want it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Went for my anniversary dinner and everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRuthVIPDined on 10/4/2014This is our favorite restaurant in the Harrisburg area. Never disappoints, had a very nice meal with good wine pairing and the service was fantastic. Good job Mt. Hill!Special Features:
- Excellent luncheon fairMayappleDined on 9/22/2014The soup selections and combos were great! Wine list was wonderful. Ambiance super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We were very pleased with our food. The menu had a number of very interesting selections and we wanted to try a lot of them. Were very pleased with what we chose though. The atmosphere is nice as they have several seating options with a different feel. There is an indoor dining room, a nice outdoor patio, a bar room, a wine room and others. The service was ok early when few people were there, but our wait staff was not as attentive once they got a little busier.Special Features:
- great eveninghoosierXpatDined on 9/20/2014Everything we ordered was delicious. The menu is unique and original but also approachable. The bread and desserts were perfect and unique. The service couldn't be better.Special Features:
- First Time Visitingdolphin1064Dined on 9/20/2014The Mount Hill Tavern is a five star restaurant. The food, service and view were outstanding. I am looking forward to coming back and trying something new off the menu. Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special occasion treat!2DiforDined on 9/11/2014We were first-time guests celebrating a wedding anniversary. Management and staff went out of their way to ensure a perfect visit and make us feel welcomed. The food, atmosphere and service were all excellent! While we don't contemplate "routine" visits, the exclusiveness of this venue makes it a superb choice for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh ideas, fresh ingredientsSearchingForYummyDined on 9/4/2014Started the evening off with the pear martini - potent but tasty with perhaps a hint of floral. The spinach salad with prosciutto, pistachio-encrusted goat cheese and compressed peaches was fresh and satisfying..although I perhaps would have more enjoyed grilled peaches with a little char on them. I added the seared scallops to my salad which was the perfect added protein. For dessert, the sweet corn ice cream with blueberry compote and toffee covered popcorn was an interesting note. I loved the sweet corn ice cream with the popcorn, but the blueberry compote seemed to belong on a different plate. Perhaps a contrasting savory note of black pepper instead?Special Features:
- An experience2blessed2stressDined on 8/30/2014With the prices, it is not a restaurant we would visit often. For our anniversary, it was very nice. The food was delicious and the plating was very professional. Everything tasted delicious. It is a great place to visit for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We love the beautifully restored historic house and grounds. It feels like you are eating back in the 18th Century. We have eaten at Mt. Hill Tavern several times and each time the food and service has always been excellent. We will be going back frequently.Special Features:
- Good Food Good Musicladyjgb9302Dined on 8/21/2014Mount Hill is a great place to meet friends and have a delicious dinner with Music. The Service is great wait staff and hostest are very please to make sure your meal is enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of all worldsfoodiefriendDined on 8/21/2014We went to Mount Hill to enjoy the outdoor music. I had taken the kids earlier in the summer and we ate outside. Rain threatening, we ate inside. My kids (6 and 12) love Mount Hill. They quietly played a game at the table while my husband and I talked and had wine. The food is multi-layed in flavor and creative. The ambience is warm and welcoming and the service was great. We like this spot for special occasions and have given various friends gift cards. The night we went, we saw three people we knew, so it's a spot that gathers and welcomes folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VicEdDined on 8/21/2014We love this restaurant. The food is excellent and the setting is gorgeous. The owners are so very nice and accommodating.Special Features:
- Great ExperianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The menu was very interesting and the food delicious. The chef puts a neat twist on standard dishes. The menu changes and they always have specials. This is a "must do" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeWandECDined on 8/16/2014Wonder and creative menu. Very helpful and accommodating wait staff. Can wait to return.Special Features:
- not as good as it could've beenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Our outdoor seating was lovely, service was good however we were not told of any happy hour items (5:00 seating) - food did not arrive HOT - otherwise it was niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great servicefoodieinpaVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had a birthday luncheon for 5 and had lunch on the patio. It was a beautiful day and the service was excellent, despite our server being the only one in evidence. She was friendly, efficient, always there with a refill of iced tea or water and never seemed harried even though she was serving at least 5 other tables. The food was good and we split a dessert of carrot cake which was very good and attractively served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!ErickDined on 8/14/2014Enjoyed the music from the Deck! Drinks and food are consistently outstanding. Will continue to recommend for a quality experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEV1951Dined on 8/14/2014Excellent as always. The Restaurant week offer was a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fine dinning Resturant in PAOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/12/2014I have eaten at many restaurants in PA and Mount Hill Tavern is the best fine dining restaurant that I have found. The food and services is excellent.Special Features:
- Birthday BashOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Had a wonderful time with 6 guests for a recent birthday. All three generations enjoyed the ambiance, the service was very good, and the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A total gemrater1Dined on 8/9/2014We had a wonderful time at the tavern. Our server Jen, was very knowledgable with the menu and made excellent recommendations as well as accommodations for our needs. We had asked about wine and were able to Perfectly pair our drinks with food as well. Food was good (scallops were excellent!) as was the atmosphere; overall a totally great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverDined on 8/6/2014Love the atmosphere, especially outside. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dining vibeRestaurantExplorersDined on 7/31/2014Live music and patio dining for our anniversary was ideal. Tables were a bit close together, making the loud table next to us a bit annoying. Service was quick and attentive. The food was good, though I wouldn't say it was over the top. But, overall the atmosphere was lovely, and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Outdoor ambienceHappyDinerDined on 7/30/2014I had dinner at Mt. Hill two times within the last two weeks and was seated on the outdoor patio which is very pleasant in the warmer months.. Servers were attentive without being intrusive and the food was excellent. Innovative menu. This is a favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fourth review - same issuesEnjoythedayoffDined on 7/26/2014I love this restaurant and I think the food over the last few months has been well done and delicious. I also really enjoy the relaxed setting. I just don't understand why it seems that the servers are stretched too thin. If they added a few more to ensure attentive service this place would be an overwhelming favorite. Same problem every time we go and it's unfortunate. My server on Saturday night was bussing other tables and literally running to help everyone. I will continue to return for the excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect from start to finishClairebear31Dined on 7/26/2014Ahhhhmazing food, exceptional personal service, perfect atmosphere, superb wine selection. Obviously, will be a repeat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poppyronDined on 7/26/2014Had a great meal, was are first time there Will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecomendexcellentVIPDined on 7/19/2014We ate at this restaurant. We also found out they have entertainment on the grounds of the restaurant during the summer. Had the pork chops,scallops and the corn soup. All excellentSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Food was outstanding. Service was very good and not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014We came to the restaurant for the first time after hearing good things. The grounds and outdoor dining environment were beautiful. The service was slow and the food was on par with any other restaurant in the area. Not really impressive for the price. Dessert was excellent although we would have liked to see some chocolate dessert on the menu. Overall, we will come again, but, wish they would make better food and have more attentive servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealEnjoythedayoffDined on 7/12/2014All four of us thought the food was perfect. Beef cooked exactly to order. Salad with Heirloom tomatoes was one of the best I have ever had. Well done, memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious!JopitaDined on 7/10/2014My companion and I both selected small plates. His scallops were perfectly cooked and the presentation was lovely. I had the short ribs with arancini and everything was delicious. The wine list was very nice. We had a good bottle of Sauvignon Blanc which really complimented his scallops.Special Features:
- Great for foodiesGr8tfindsDined on 7/5/2014Fabulous restaurant. The food was beyond good. We all raved about the appetizers salads and entrees. On the pricey side but we'll worth it. Loved the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a second tryteuerbenzDined on 7/3/2014Thursday evening was very busy. Noise level in dining room was high. Sushi appetizer as well as crab/corn soup were delicious. Our other apps mushroom soup/salad were ok. Never received a bread basket. When we asked, they apologized and then 5 minutes later took our bread plates away. 3 minutes later we received a bread basket. Waited again for them to bring new plates???Didn't receive any details on specials or "house" favorites. Scallops were ok--nothing special as I had read in other reviews. Served with macncheese--which I found odd--Again nothing to really rave about here. Maybe an off night, would give them a second try.Special Features:
- onlyGreatFoodonlyGreatFoodDined on 7/3/2014Mount Hill Tavern has exceeded expectations once again. The service was outstanding and the food was/is the best in the area! We found out on this trip that everything is made on property from scratch just makes this place even more exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaygirlDined on 6/30/2014I always enjoy going to Mt Hill.It's one of the gems in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining ExperienceLuvScallopsDined on 6/28/2014We dined at Mount Hill Tavern because we were given a gift card by friends. The moment we drove into the grounds we were hooked by its quiet atmosphere amid the hustle and bustle of the city. The grounds are beautiful with seasonal decorations and flora. The tavern itself has a warm decor with attentive staff. All of the foods and beverages we have experienced at Mount Hill Tavern have been superb. I love scallops and have several restaurants at various beaches that have excellent scallops. The scallops I have eaten at Mount Hill Tavern are, by far, the most delectable. The crab cakes are another favorite, along with the crab and corn chowder. I highly recommend that you experience the fine dining at Mount Hill Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.