Mount Everest Restaurant
2598 Telegraph Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94704Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Mount Everest Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themounteverestrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5108433951
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
Dinner: Daily: 4:30 PM - 9:30 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Nepalese
- Executive Chef: Kesar Thapa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Deepak 5108433951
A word from Mount Everest Restaurant
Located in the heart of Berkeley, Mount Everest Restaurant offers authentic, organic, delicious Indian and Napalese cuisine. Enjoy watching your food be prepared in our open kitchen, where we pay attention to every detail while cooking you the best Indian food in town. Come in and see for yourself! Currently taking online reservations for dinner served daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mount Everest Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelQuiet
kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- They deliver too??!!!2DineOutDined on 8/20/2014The food was amazing the service was very good if I lived within the delivery area this would be a favorite on my phone list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the Mount Everest Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good food, handled our big crowd!LEWGSDined on 5/16/2014We booked a reservation last minute via open table for 10 people. When we arrived the restaurant was already busy and they seemed surprised when we were there but quickly jumped into gear setting up a large table. The service was excellent, the food arrived was very good and arrived quickly. We had a lovely evening, we would definitely go back if we are in the Berkeley area.
- Needs ventilationSeonVIPDined on 2/3/2014My chicken dumplings were good, but my companions' dishes were lacking in substance; a few small pieces of meat floating in sauce. The service was poor in that my dish arrived after my husband finished his, I ended up bringing half of mine home. I think the worst part is the poor ventilation; my hair and sweater stank of pungent spices and oil, I ended up washing my cloth and took a shower even after driving home with my window down in the cold night air to get rid of the smell. Though the spices tasted and smelled good while eating, I didn't want to smell like my dinner. More candles or better lighting; we had to use our iPhone to read the menu.
- Very nice restaurant + nice peopleNozferatuVIPDined on 7/2/2013Went there while up North...really liked it. The food was rich in flavour but was a tad salty for my tastes. Otherwise excellent.Special Features:
- If you order 'mild for children'OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2013If you order 'mild for children' it actually *is* 'mild for children'Special Features:
- Knowledgable staff with largeMferVIPDined on 2/17/2013Knowledgable staff with large portions of food we knew little about. Will go againSpecial Features:
- Reservation wasn't even addressed.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/17/2012Reservation wasn't even addressed. Could've walked in. Food was good. Server gave us 3 dishes when we only ordered 2 and swe'd ordered 3. It's all good in the neighborhood. We enjoyed the food and had lunch with the leftovers. Real Gold beer is a trip!!!Special Features:
- Decent Indian.... the NepaleseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/16/2012Decent Indian.... the Nepalese elements where good.
- Indian food in the Bay AreaOmnidinerVIPDined on 6/15/2012Indian food in the Bay Area has been getting much better in the last few years, and this place is raising the bar even higher. The "Kurauni Jhinge" special (prawns with milky almond coconut gravy) was extraordinary, and the Navratan Korma was rich and flavorful. The special naan (stuffed with coconut, cashew, raisin and cherry) was light, yummy, and crispy with no burnt spots, and the drinks (a lemonade and a lassi) were delicious and as beautiful as fancy cocktails.Special Features:
- The service was really slowboppiessDined on 4/28/2012The service was really slow - REALLY slow. The food wasn't that great - it was fine but nothing I would go back for.
- The food was good but theluv2dineVIPDined on 3/16/2012The food was good but the portions are so small its disappointing and you can easily forget how good the food is because you're done in a couple of bites. Nothing else notable about this restaurant to comment on. Hope they will read the reviews and improve on the portions.
- We had a quick meal here beforeAllijeanDined on 1/1/2012We had a quick meal here before heading to Berkeley Rep. The portions seemed small, but the bill was only $45 for 5 people! Food was tasty and not at all oily. Lamb and chicken tikka masala were both good. Wish we had tried some vegetarian dishes.
- Not worth the troubleMarioRVIPDined on 11/4/2011We felt ignored and punished for using a coupon, terrible service, forgot our appetizers.
- South of Campus GemWiltingLotusVIPDined on 7/15/2011We were attending a concert nearby and needed a meal in the South Campus area. This restaurant appeared on Open Table and we decided to give it a try. We were surprised at the quality of service and the food. The staff was genuinely welcoming and very attentive. The diners were a mix of students, families and older couples such as us. We found the food to our liking, not spicy but tasty and well-prepared. Service was prompt and attention to detail was evident. We will return to try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- A very friendly place withmindianerVIPDined on 5/14/2011A very friendly place with delicious Nepali food. I loved the Nepali lemonade (a little salt made it tasty). We had some special foods on the organic menu. Outstanding casual restaurant. Great value.Special Features:
- We took my niece there afterstansfieldDined on 5/4/2011We took my niece there after her nurse pining ceremony and we had a blast. The waiter was awesome and the food was "off the hook". They had tons of vegan options which was great because both of my nieces are vegan. We will go back again, we highly recommend Mount Everest Restaurant.Special Features:
- We had an excellent meal.ArmandPaulVIPDined on 3/19/2011We had an excellent meal. Chicken Tikka was moist and flavorful, excellent channa masala and spinach with lentils. A very pleasant neighborhood meal.Special Features: