Motor at the Harley-Davidson Museum
401 W Canal St.
Milwaukee, WI 53201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Motor at the Harley-Davidson Museum
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.motorrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (414) 287-2778
- Hours of Operation:
Open for lunch and dinner daily. Museum admission is not required to dine at Motor.
Sunday - Wednesday 11AM - 6PM
Thursday - Saturday: 11AM-9PM
Happy Hour Mon-Fri – 3pm to 6pm
Enjoy 5.00 wine, 2.50 PBR Cans, and 4.00 select drafts
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Kirk Wright
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Host your next event at The Harley-Davidson Museum. Facility can host meetings for 10 or parties for 5000.
- Private Party Facilities: Private party options available
- Private Party Contact: Annie Champeau (414)287-2707x
- Special Events: MOTOR Burger Club- Buy 5 Burgers, get your 6th FREE!
MOTOR Mug Club- Purchase your H-D Museum Mug in The Shop and enjoy 3.50 draft of choice every time you bring it back.
T2: Spring Bike Night Terminator 2 Bike Display Kick Off!
April 10, 2014 5:00pm-9:00pm
Join us for Terminator 2 themed activities in MOTOR including a screening of the movie, food and drink specials, $2 Bike Night Koozie Specials, Fat Boy Photo Op to share with friends and traditional Bike Night Raffles. Will Arnold be back? Come see for yourself!
A word from Motor at the Harley-Davidson Museum
Just as Harley-Davidson knows motorcycles, the Harley-Davidson Museum knows food. Whether you're craving BBQ Ribs or Mac & Cheese, Motor is sure to satisfy those taste buds of yours! The All-you-can-eat Fish Fry every Friday will keep you comin' back for more and the Georgia Peach Cobbler is the perfect finale to any of our hearty American meals. As far as beverages go, we’ll make sure your mugs are always full of any libation you desire, caffeinated or something a little bit stronger.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Motor at the Harley-Davidson Museum reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (9)scenic view (7)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (6)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Not our first visit disappointed this time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Service and atmospher was excellent but very disappointed with quality of main dishes. This hasn't been our expirience in the past. We are usually very happy. Suggestion: bring back the chicken sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gempdaddy76Dined on 11/16/2014We were looking for a place to eat an early dinner after seeing a show at the Milwaukee Theatre downtown. We stumbled on Motor and it ended up being perfect. We are a family of 4 with kids ages 8 & 12. The atmosphere and the menu were perfect for our group. I would describe the menu as upscale bar food. You can get traditional burgers, sandwiches, etc... but they all had a little twist. They also had entree options and BBQ. We started with the pretzel appetizer which was warm, soft and delicious. My wife enjoyed the mustard dipping sauce & I enjoyed the cheese sauce. My 12 year old ordered a grilled cheese sandwich with deep fried cheese curds in the sandwich, she was in heaven! My 8 year old is a bit less adventurous so he was able to find classic chicken strips on the kids menu & they met his stamp of approval. For the adults, there was a nice bar selection with craft cocktails and craft beers, which included a few craft beers exclusive to Motor. I had the Cheese steak sandwich & it was very good. It came with a giardiniera and a nice au jus for dipping. My wife had the fish tacos and also said they were very good. We finished up by sharing a few desserts. The cobblers are served warm in a small cast iron skillet and were great. The brownie sundae was also very tasty. The service was excellent. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. It was a Sunday and they accommodated our request to turn on the Packer game. There were only two TV's in the dining area though, so I wouldn't recommend Motor for a football watching destination. However, in this instance it wasn't very crowded at the time we were there (around 4:15 pm) so it worked out for us. If you are a Harley enthusiast the decor is great, all classic Harley stuff. There is a nice view of the river and there was ample free parking. All in all, it turned out to be a great experience. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun! And, Great Food!mom2maddieDined on 11/8/2014Where else can you go for outstanding food (GENEROUS portions!) and fun surroundings?! I'm not even a motorcycle fan, but having all of the Harley items and cycles around made for great conversation! The wait staff are friendly and attentive. Portions...HUGE:)! We were too late to tour the museum, but will definitely return for that and dinner, again! This is a must-do restaurant:)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific urban find...3forUrbanDined on 11/1/2014Terrific spot and views of the Menomonee Valley and urban Milwaukee...food was top-notch (try the Potato Chip appetizer, made fresh to order and arrives at your table HOT!...with bleu cheese dipping sauce=heavenly). Service was terrific, and the manager checked in with us on occasion to ensure we were delighted with the experience. Looking forward to our next visit when we are in the area.Special Features:
- Great service/ambiance, so-so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Burger was over cooked and small on the over sized bun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Motor ReviewCathyDined on 10/9/2014The atmosphere is fine but not too romantic. Our meal was good but not memorable. THe chicken and ribs were ok. We would go back for maybe lunch or a late night snack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!mssnappyVIPDined on 10/3/2014I have come here often enough because the food is great, and they cater to food allergies.service is usually slow, but this time it wasn't too bad. I usually don't consider coming here if I have somewhere else to be afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MgJ2PilotDined on 9/17/2014The Motor Restaurant at the Harley Davidson Museum surrounds the diner with the history of the brand. From the crate engines to the panaoramic view of the historic Canal, the diner never runs out of things to look at. The food is excellent, all - American fair, with H-D's unique twists like the Bloody Mary Burger served with a rich glass of "Motor Oil" dark beer. After lunch or dinner, you can stroll outside along the canal, take selfies with the bikes on display and casually stroll through the museum and shops. Great for groups and special occasions, or out of town visitors. Service is friendly and attentive, don't skip the apple crisp or peach cobbler for desert!Special Features:
- Nice spot1truckDined on 8/16/2014The food is great and the atmosphere is pure Harley. You won't regret going there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/31/2014Excellent service and excellent fun with a fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- The following 119 reviews are from the Motor at the Harley-Davidson Museum reviews archive.
- Not bad but not greatgjkhlDined on 7/12/2014This was the second time I was here. On this occasion our service was very poor. Everyone ordered a soup and it came with the entree which we waited a very long time for. We had four people in our party and everyone received their food and I did not. I had to ask another wait staff person for my food and I just had a Caesar salad. Food was okay. Someone at our table ordered a chicken sandwich and wasn't too impressed. Chicken was very dry. This was a very different experience than the first time. Won't be making another visit to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great PlaceGivememoreDined on 6/12/2014This was an enjoyable experience. The drinks, food, service, and atmosphere were awesome. It is located on a water way. Truly worth visiting.Special Features:
- Motor cooking on all cylindersbostonvisitorDined on 5/23/2014We really enjoyed our Friday dinner at Motor. We had the fish tacos and the fish fry which were both delicious. The food was great as was the service and the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent experience!DGintheMilDined on 5/13/2014I convened a business meeting there; great ambience and very comfortable to have discussions - great food!Special Features:
- Service still slowmssnappyVIPDined on 4/25/2014Still great with working with food allergies, but my burger was not cooked to what I had ordered, and since I do know that this place is a meal of leisure, I couldn't send it back because my party had somewhere specific to be at a certain time. I recommend coming here if you have nowhere to be afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRPMDVIPDined on 4/18/2014We returned for the fish fry which we'd had once before and liked it. It remains a very good one and we'll do it again. I think Motor serves the world's smallest Manhattan cocktails. I guess they aren't used to making cocktails. When I go back I'll stick to beer. I'll also order more fish right when the first serving arrives. The "all you can eat" policy doesn't take into account a rather long delay in getting more - and that led to my fries getting cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmospheremarilyn189Dined on 4/12/2014Biker or not, this place is fun to go to, just for the decor. Harleys and related items. Not to mention, the food is great! A couple of favorites are the very generous 1/2 rack of ribs and also the fried chicken sandwich. Wonderful salads as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ComplaintsgjkhlDined on 4/12/2014It was a great experience and our wait staff could not have been more attentive. Food portions are very generous and good. Am planning on going back there again when the weather gets warmer and we can dine outside.Special Features:
- Spring lunch gatheringworldtravelerDined on 4/9/2014We chose this restaurant to enjoy lunch on a nice early Spring day. We had very good service at a very busy time in the restaurant. We liked our food. Many of us ordered appetizers--specifically the sliders and found them to be delicious. the chicken sandwich, stew and turkey burger are also great choices. We would definitely return to this restaurant. We had an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent!DavidDined on 4/4/2014I've been to Motor several times and never disappoints. Excellent service and food was very good. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed5kidsmomDined on 3/15/2014This was my second visit. The first time the food was great and I couldn't wait to go back. This time I had a different entree and was very disappointed. The roll for my sandwhich was very dry and the french fries were nothing special. I had recommended this place to a friend after my first visit and now I'm embarrassed that I did because this time the food wasn't very good. The aus jus was watery and lacked flavor. I won't be going back.
- RibsSteakDined on 3/13/2014We enjoyed a great appetizer named Pig Skins and the Smokin Combinations. The meat was tender and moist.Special Features:
- A very cool setting set theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/16/2014A very cool setting set the stage for a good beer list and a menu with a ton of good choices. One of the dishes for somebody in my party was not prepared properly (the restaurant did take care of it) , but everything else was great. Overall, a good experience and I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!mssnappyVIPDined on 2/15/2014I was here for Valentine's Day, and had a date in from out of town. I thought it would be a great place to go. It was! He was very impressed with everything about the restaurant. I have been here before, and the food is always great. They now cater to food allergies also. Service wasn't as slow as other times, but I would still keep coming back for everything else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch while it was snowingDavisDined on 1/18/20144 of us went for lunch I had made a reservation in advance. The restaurant was not as crowded as I expected with plenty of open tables. Our waiter was very nice and informative. The food was very good and pretty moderately priced. My dish was a special and it was very good but came with a side of chips and salsa, the chips were not good and the salsa was pico de gillo, the side was not good. Convenient parking. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- No gemBeenthereDined on 1/17/2014Was a Friday night and they seemed under staffed. After being seated our party of four waited a long time for service. Food was fair. Good luck on your visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger foodThefamilyDined on 11/30/2013Ok burgers. Maybe a bit on the high priced side for what it is (burgers - fries - tap beer) but tasty. Suggest you order your burger by color description such as "pink center." When we ordered "medium rare" it was NO PINK and leaned towards well done. Wish we would've know to describe for the cookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They've come a long way!mssnappyVIPDined on 11/19/2013When this restaurant was new, they did not have any food items gluten free, nor did they have the education and means to prepare anything safe for me to eat. I brought my mom here for lunch for her birthday, and the waiter was very familiar with what would be safe for me to eat. Service was great. Food came out in a reasonable amount of time. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my lunch favoritesSueMVIPDined on 10/4/2013This restaurant is a great place to go to for lunch. It's nice that it has a parking lot which is a big seller to me. I hate street parking. The food is alwasy good. Service is sometimes hit and miss but I've never experienced bad service here. Wear something warm - the past few times going there it's been extra chilly inside the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for out-of-town guests!NancygDined on 8/22/2013We knew it was "Bike Night" and Motor would be crowded but we wanted to take our friends visiting from Minneapolis to a true Milwaukee hot spot. We were not disappointed. First, although there were 2 parties ahead of us, we were seated quickly because of our OpenTable reservation! The place was packed. But once seated, we were promptly greeted by waitstaff for our drink order. Our friends were pleasantly "overwhelmed" by all the "bikers" and Motor's energy. We all enjoyed our dinner: grilled veggie sandwich, reuben brat and fish fry. Our friends really enjoyed themselves and they appreciated us taking them to "the Harley" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great waitressSueMVIPDined on 8/13/2013This is one of my favorite places to eat for lunch. The menu selection is great so I have tried something new each time. My coworkers also seemed to enjoy the restaurant and their food. Only complate - the restaurant was really cold - the AC must have bee set a little high that day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had lunch at Motor on MondayJRPMDVIPDined on 7/12/2013We had lunch at Motor on Monday and liked everything about the place (the fish tacos were excellent), so we made a reservation to come back for the fish fry on Friday night. We were not disappointed. We're on the older side, but enjoyed the younger vib. The staff all treated us well. We will be back. This restaurant and the whole museum complex are great additions to the city.Special Features:
- Very Good ExperienceMokiDined on 6/25/2013Went with a friend to "Motor" and was plesantly suprised by the friendly atmosphere, wonderful food, and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot,food,serviceRoadkingguyDined on 5/12/2013We have had dinner,lunch at motor several times in the past. All were good but the mothers day brunch was awesome.Many choices all special with a great view and atmosphere. We both loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Museum plus lunchkdawisDined on 5/10/2013Lots of windows with an urban/industrial view (maybe not "scenic" in the usual sense, but interesting nevertheless). Decor is motorcycle industrial. With the big screen TVs and all the metal furnishings and high ceilings the noise level is high.The menu features a range of upscale burgers and salads. I had beef brisket tacos with an avocado cream sauce that was great. There seems to be bleu cheese on almost everything, but the waitress offered to swap cheeses on the entrees. The Harley Museum is well worth a visit and so is this retaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5/7 Biz lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/7/2013Lunch was great. Kelly, our server, respected our conversations and was very patient with us. We did accomplish the goals set for our get together. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food;not a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2013The food at Motor was good,presentation shone, but experience as a whole makes us unlikely to return.Arrived to celebrate a birthday-were unable to get near Motor,got caught in parking lot traffic jam-- black tie event at The Garage.No parking spots in the lot. People directing traffic less than helpful gesturing "go around that way"- that meant"park in the muddy lot--in the grass--across the busy street, and then hike back in the drizzle." Got to the restaurant & politely mentioned wished we had been warned about event.That annoyed hostess.Motor REALLY loud--H.O.G event on site, so really crowded. Hard to converse. Wished had come a different night. Or gone somewhere else.
- The burger was amazing. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013The burger was amazing. The buffalo cheers curds have me thinking about making the 56 mile trip back just to eat them again. Above all, there was the rudest tour group that felt so entitled and were absolutely horrible to the entire staff but through it all the staff maintained composure. My congratulations to the staff because I wouldn't have been able to stay nice.Special Features:
- No More Motor for MeFulltimefoodieDined on 3/22/2013I was very un-happy with the food. me and two friends went for an after work meal. The chicken wings were hard with no taste. The fried fish had a cornmeal crust that had no flavor and was like wood planks. The burger was poorly put together. And never had I been to a resturant with a bar that didn't serve shots. Sad for Motor and me I was so looking forward to coming back with my husband.
- Motor Bar: A Must Dine Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2013This place is a hidden gem. Great food/comparable pricing. Staff is very friendly. Love going there in warmer weather, sit outside whether it is to eat or just have cocktails, catch up with friends/family. Menu is unique. Fish Fry was Excellent! My suggestion: Get There!Special Features: