Motor at the Harley-Davidson Museum
401 W Canal St.
Milwaukee, WI 53201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Motor at the Harley-Davidson Museum
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.motorrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4142872778x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for lunch and dinner daily. Museum admission is not required to dine at Motor.
Sunday - Wednesday 11AM - 6PM
Thursday - Saturday: 11AM-9PM
Happy Hour Mon-Fri – 3pm to 6pm
Enjoy 5.00 wine, 2.50 PBR Cans, and 4.00 select drafts
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Kirk Wright
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Host your next event at The Harley-Davidson Museum. Facility can host meetings for 10 or parties for 5000.
- Private Party Facilities: Private party options available
- Private Party Contact: Annie Champeau (414)287-2707x
- Special Events: MOTOR Burger Club- Buy 5 Burgers, get your 6th FREE!
MOTOR Mug Club- Purchase your H-D Museum Mug in The Shop and enjoy 3.50 draft of choice every time you bring it back.
T2: Spring Bike Night Terminator 2 Bike Display Kick Off!
April 10, 2014 5:00pm-9:00pm
Join us for Terminator 2 themed activities in MOTOR including a screening of the movie, food and drink specials, $2 Bike Night Koozie Specials, Fat Boy Photo Op to share with friends and traditional Bike Night Raffles. Will Arnold be back? Come see for yourself!
A word from Motor at the Harley-Davidson Museum
Just as Harley-Davidson knows motorcycles, the Harley-Davidson Museum knows food. Whether you're craving BBQ Ribs or Mac & Cheese, Motor is sure to satisfy those taste buds of yours! The All-you-can-eat Fish Fry every Friday will keep you comin' back for more and the Georgia Peach Cobbler is the perfect finale to any of our hearty American meals. As far as beverages go, we’ll make sure your mugs are always full of any libation you desire, caffeinated or something a little bit stronger.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Motor at the Harley-Davidson Museum - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Motor at the Harley-Davidson Museum reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (4)scenic view (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Nice spot1truckDined on 8/16/2014The food is great and the atmosphere is pure Harley. You won't regret going there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Excellent service and excellent fun with a fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Not bad but not greatgjkhlDined on 7/12/2014This was the second time I was here. On this occasion our service was very poor. Everyone ordered a soup and it came with the entree which we waited a very long time for. We had four people in our party and everyone received their food and I did not. I had to ask another wait staff person for my food and I just had a Caesar salad. Food was okay. Someone at our table ordered a chicken sandwich and wasn't too impressed. Chicken was very dry. This was a very different experience than the first time. Won't be making another visit to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great PlaceGivememoreDined on 6/12/2014This was an enjoyable experience. The drinks, food, service, and atmosphere were awesome. It is located on a water way. Truly worth visiting.Special Features:
- Motor cooking on all cylindersbostonvisitorDined on 5/23/2014We really enjoyed our Friday dinner at Motor. We had the fish tacos and the fish fry which were both delicious. The food was great as was the service and the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent experience!DGintheMilDined on 5/13/2014I convened a business meeting there; great ambience and very comfortable to have discussions - great food!Special Features:
- The following 115 reviews are from the Motor at the Harley-Davidson Museum reviews archive.
- Service still slowmssnappyDined on 4/25/2014Still great with working with food allergies, but my burger was not cooked to what I had ordered, and since I do know that this place is a meal of leisure, I couldn't send it back because my party had somewhere specific to be at a certain time. I recommend coming here if you have nowhere to be afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRPMDVIPDined on 4/18/2014We returned for the fish fry which we'd had once before and liked it. It remains a very good one and we'll do it again. I think Motor serves the world's smallest Manhattan cocktails. I guess they aren't used to making cocktails. When I go back I'll stick to beer. I'll also order more fish right when the first serving arrives. The "all you can eat" policy doesn't take into account a rather long delay in getting more - and that led to my fries getting cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmospheremarilyn189Dined on 4/12/2014Biker or not, this place is fun to go to, just for the decor. Harleys and related items. Not to mention, the food is great! A couple of favorites are the very generous 1/2 rack of ribs and also the fried chicken sandwich. Wonderful salads as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ComplaintsgjkhlDined on 4/12/2014It was a great experience and our wait staff could not have been more attentive. Food portions are very generous and good. Am planning on going back there again when the weather gets warmer and we can dine outside.Special Features:
- Spring lunch gatheringworldtravelerDined on 4/9/2014We chose this restaurant to enjoy lunch on a nice early Spring day. We had very good service at a very busy time in the restaurant. We liked our food. Many of us ordered appetizers--specifically the sliders and found them to be delicious. the chicken sandwich, stew and turkey burger are also great choices. We would definitely return to this restaurant. We had an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent!DavidDined on 4/4/2014I've been to Motor several times and never disappoints. Excellent service and food was very good. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed5kidsmomDined on 3/15/2014This was my second visit. The first time the food was great and I couldn't wait to go back. This time I had a different entree and was very disappointed. The roll for my sandwhich was very dry and the french fries were nothing special. I had recommended this place to a friend after my first visit and now I'm embarrassed that I did because this time the food wasn't very good. The aus jus was watery and lacked flavor. I won't be going back.
- RibsSteakDined on 3/13/2014We enjoyed a great appetizer named Pig Skins and the Smokin Combinations. The meat was tender and moist.Special Features:
- A very cool setting set theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/16/2014A very cool setting set the stage for a good beer list and a menu with a ton of good choices. One of the dishes for somebody in my party was not prepared properly (the restaurant did take care of it) , but everything else was great. Overall, a good experience and I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!mssnappyDined on 2/15/2014I was here for Valentine's Day, and had a date in from out of town. I thought it would be a great place to go. It was! He was very impressed with everything about the restaurant. I have been here before, and the food is always great. They now cater to food allergies also. Service wasn't as slow as other times, but I would still keep coming back for everything else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch while it was snowingDavisDined on 1/18/20144 of us went for lunch I had made a reservation in advance. The restaurant was not as crowded as I expected with plenty of open tables. Our waiter was very nice and informative. The food was very good and pretty moderately priced. My dish was a special and it was very good but came with a side of chips and salsa, the chips were not good and the salsa was pico de gillo, the side was not good. Convenient parking. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- No gemBeenthereDined on 1/17/2014Was a Friday night and they seemed under staffed. After being seated our party of four waited a long time for service. Food was fair. Good luck on your visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger foodThefamilyDined on 11/30/2013Ok burgers. Maybe a bit on the high priced side for what it is (burgers - fries - tap beer) but tasty. Suggest you order your burger by color description such as "pink center." When we ordered "medium rare" it was NO PINK and leaned towards well done. Wish we would've know to describe for the cookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They've come a long way!mssnappyDined on 11/19/2013When this restaurant was new, they did not have any food items gluten free, nor did they have the education and means to prepare anything safe for me to eat. I brought my mom here for lunch for her birthday, and the waiter was very familiar with what would be safe for me to eat. Service was great. Food came out in a reasonable amount of time. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my lunch favoritesSueMVIPDined on 10/4/2013This restaurant is a great place to go to for lunch. It's nice that it has a parking lot which is a big seller to me. I hate street parking. The food is alwasy good. Service is sometimes hit and miss but I've never experienced bad service here. Wear something warm - the past few times going there it's been extra chilly inside the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for out-of-town guests!NancygDined on 8/22/2013We knew it was "Bike Night" and Motor would be crowded but we wanted to take our friends visiting from Minneapolis to a true Milwaukee hot spot. We were not disappointed. First, although there were 2 parties ahead of us, we were seated quickly because of our OpenTable reservation! The place was packed. But once seated, we were promptly greeted by waitstaff for our drink order. Our friends were pleasantly "overwhelmed" by all the "bikers" and Motor's energy. We all enjoyed our dinner: grilled veggie sandwich, reuben brat and fish fry. Our friends really enjoyed themselves and they appreciated us taking them to "the Harley" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great waitressSueMVIPDined on 8/13/2013This is one of my favorite places to eat for lunch. The menu selection is great so I have tried something new each time. My coworkers also seemed to enjoy the restaurant and their food. Only complate - the restaurant was really cold - the AC must have bee set a little high that day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had lunch at Motor on MondayJRPMDVIPDined on 7/12/2013We had lunch at Motor on Monday and liked everything about the place (the fish tacos were excellent), so we made a reservation to come back for the fish fry on Friday night. We were not disappointed. We're on the older side, but enjoyed the younger vib. The staff all treated us well. We will be back. This restaurant and the whole museum complex are great additions to the city.Special Features:
- Very Good ExperienceMokiDined on 6/25/2013Went with a friend to "Motor" and was plesantly suprised by the friendly atmosphere, wonderful food, and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot,food,serviceRoadkingguyDined on 5/12/2013We have had dinner,lunch at motor several times in the past. All were good but the mothers day brunch was awesome.Many choices all special with a great view and atmosphere. We both loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Museum plus lunchkdawisDined on 5/10/2013Lots of windows with an urban/industrial view (maybe not "scenic" in the usual sense, but interesting nevertheless). Decor is motorcycle industrial. With the big screen TVs and all the metal furnishings and high ceilings the noise level is high.The menu features a range of upscale burgers and salads. I had beef brisket tacos with an avocado cream sauce that was great. There seems to be bleu cheese on almost everything, but the waitress offered to swap cheeses on the entrees. The Harley Museum is well worth a visit and so is this retaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5/7 Biz lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/7/2013Lunch was great. Kelly, our server, respected our conversations and was very patient with us. We did accomplish the goals set for our get together. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food;not a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2013The food at Motor was good,presentation shone, but experience as a whole makes us unlikely to return.Arrived to celebrate a birthday-were unable to get near Motor,got caught in parking lot traffic jam-- black tie event at The Garage.No parking spots in the lot. People directing traffic less than helpful gesturing "go around that way"- that meant"park in the muddy lot--in the grass--across the busy street, and then hike back in the drizzle." Got to the restaurant & politely mentioned wished we had been warned about event.That annoyed hostess.Motor REALLY loud--H.O.G event on site, so really crowded. Hard to converse. Wished had come a different night. Or gone somewhere else.
- The burger was amazing. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013The burger was amazing. The buffalo cheers curds have me thinking about making the 56 mile trip back just to eat them again. Above all, there was the rudest tour group that felt so entitled and were absolutely horrible to the entire staff but through it all the staff maintained composure. My congratulations to the staff because I wouldn't have been able to stay nice.Special Features:
- No More Motor for MeFulltimefoodieDined on 3/22/2013I was very un-happy with the food. me and two friends went for an after work meal. The chicken wings were hard with no taste. The fried fish had a cornmeal crust that had no flavor and was like wood planks. The burger was poorly put together. And never had I been to a resturant with a bar that didn't serve shots. Sad for Motor and me I was so looking forward to coming back with my husband.
- Motor Bar: A Must Dine Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2013This place is a hidden gem. Great food/comparable pricing. Staff is very friendly. Love going there in warmer weather, sit outside whether it is to eat or just have cocktails, catch up with friends/family. Menu is unique. Fish Fry was Excellent! My suggestion: Get There!Special Features:
- Great Casual Place to EatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I enjoyed Motor and would do it again as a "casual" dining experience. Truth be told, I picked it "by mistake" as a Valentine's Day dinner for my girlfriend and I. I was looking for something a bit more "upscale", that said we did have a good time and had OUTSTANDING service by the folks there.Special Features:
- My husband and I got marriedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012My husband and I got married here a year ago. The food that we had for the wedding was so wonderful that we decided to have our one year anniversary dinner here as well. The food was amazing yet again! Great place to have a nice dinner and great service.Special Features:
- Park your bike/car and enjoy...KswizzleDined on 12/8/2012Wasn't sure what to expect, but have to say I was pleased. Drink specials and Menu specials were very tasty. The atmosphere was lively and the Christmas decorations were delightful. We'd go again for sure.Special Features:
- UFC Fan Favorite for Fight NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012I love to go to Motor to watch the UFC fights. It's a great atmosphere for fight fans to enjoy good food and great fights.Special Features:
- Great for any guy who likesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Great for any guy who likes food and motorcycles. Will be going back soon!Special Features:
- MotorlishousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012The menu at Motor is simple, but the food served is plentiful and delicious! Family friendly atmosphere and staff.Special Features:
- The staff of Motor were wonderful!dpartyof3Dined on 8/18/2012The staff of Motor were wonderful! Our hostess remembered us from previous times we had visited (even though we've only been there a few times) and was very friendly. We had a great time laughing and joking with our waitress as well. Great atmosphere and super friendly staff make Motor a great place to eat!Special Features:
- Lots of bikes no way home!HalloweenOwlVIPDined on 7/28/2012We went for dinner at 8. All went well until it was time to leave and we couldn't get a cab. We thought the servers were going to have to drive us back to our hotel. Not a lot of traffic in the neighborhood at night. Hamburgers were some of the best we ever had.Special Features: