Moti Mahal Restaurant - Midnapore
240 Midpark Way SE
Calgary, AB T2X 1N4Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Moti Mahal Restaurant - Midnapore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.motimahal.ca/
- Phone: (403) 201-7336
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Indian
- Executive Chef: Harjit Mann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Moti Mahal Restaurant - Midnapore
Moti Mahal is a family run Indian Restaurant with an emphasis on quality ingredients. We use local, Alberta products whenever possible. Come for the authentic Indian food, stay for the cocktails and wine. VOTED BEST INDIAN RESTAURANT by FFWD Weekly 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. VOTED BEST INDIAN by Avenue Magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Moti Mahal Restaurant - Midnapore reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)romantic (5)special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Definitely will be backfoodiesinbonavistaDined on 11/22/2014Excellent Indian food, huge variety. If vegetarian there are some great dishes to be had. Service very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureHemmingwayDined on 11/14/2014I love Moti Mahal. The food is great and the staff are very friendly. I find it difficult not to want to reserve a table there on Friday nights when I don't feel like cooking at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in south Calgaryluv2dineDined on 11/1/2014We had a group of 8, and they serviced us pretty well. Food was excellent, and they were very accommodating of food allergies. Food is served family style, and portion size was small for 8 to share. We could have used some better direction from the staff to double up some of the orders. I'll definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relax and FeastluvlunchDined on 9/10/2014One thing I always like about going to a good Indian restaurant is, they get the whole thing about relaxing and taking to eat and socialize. Moti Mahal Restaurant is such a place and service great food. A family favorite for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 10 reviews are from the Moti Mahal Restaurant - Midnapore reviews archive.
- still good after all these yearsblacklance36Dined on 7/18/2014I have been coming here for years and am never disappointed. The service is always stellar and the food is always hot and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingEatOutSoutheastDined on 5/10/2014Waiter got our order wrong and recycled beef kebabs into vindaloo. Fish pakora appetizer was very salty. Not coming back.
- The waitress was very friendlypookieDined on 2/21/2014The waitress was very friendly and efficient and the Gentleman who was acting host was extremely welcoming and friendly. The food of course was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overallOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014It was quite a good meal, the vindaloo was defiantly a bit hotter than I was expecting. Quite remarkable. A great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Tasty!!SvenDined on 1/17/2014Another fantastic meal and dining experience at Moti Mahal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food FailOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2014Non-descript on the outside, a description that applies equally to the flavour of the food. Decor and service were good, the menu appeared to offer the vibrant Indian flavours we were looking for. Rice and naan hit the mark, but the main events failed miserably.
- DisappointingGenebeanDined on 1/10/2014I love Indian food... But not here. We went for the lunch buffet and there were the usual options: butter chicken, yellow dhal, veggie curry, pakoras and tandoori chicken. The two dishes that are not always on Indian buffets were the chili fish and the beef korma. Aside from the fish dish, everything was bland... Not mainstream bland, but blander than that. What saved our lunch was the service. The young lady was attentive and friendly. I wouldn't rush back. There are several Indian restaurants in Calgary, and I will continue to patronize those ones.
- The food was okay. The qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014The food was okay. The quality is much better at many other Indian restaurants. The lamb looked like it had been reheated from a buffet table. The butter chicken was mediocre and I wouldn't ask for the restaurant. I won't bother going back.Special Features:
- Food was very good, we hadknowitall2000Dined on 12/27/2013Food was very good, we had the Lamb Roganjosh, Matter Paneer, Garlic Naan and chicken kebab. Very flavoufull and delicious. Service was excellent and the host was very nice and easy to talk to.Special Features:
- Incredible service, delicious food!MeganDined on 12/13/2013Moti Mahal is a great place for Indian food. If you're like me and haven't eaten very much Indian food before, the friendly staff was very helpful and explains the menu and dishes. I definitely recommend Moti Mahal :)Special Features: