Mother's Federal Hill Grille
1113 S Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Mother's Federal Hill Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mothersgrille.com/mothers-federal-hill-grille
- Phone: 4102448686x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Saturday: 8:00am - 12:00am, Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Adam Rather
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We can cater your events in your home, at the venue of your choosing, or in either of our 2 Private party areas.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether celebrating a special occasion with family and friends, hosting a business meeting, or joining friends before a game, Mother's Federal Hill Grille is the ideal location for your next special event.
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8669489082
- Entertainment: DJ @ our huge 60 foot bar on Friday and Saturday nights. +25 HDTV, Video games, Digital Jukebox, Pool table, Skeeball machine.
A word from Mother's Federal Hill Grille
Mother's is an award winning neighborhood tavern and restaurant located in Historic Federal Hill, a hip, up-scale night life and dining destination in the heart of Baltimore City. We're open 7 days a week serving breakfast on the weekends. We take pride in our food - 90% is homemade.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mother's Federal Hill Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Would say more but...Bill247Dined on 4/20/2014Didn't actually get to eat. Showed up at the time of our reservation, and it was closed!
- Love the food, particularlyVealMarsalaDined on 3/23/2014Love the food, particularly brunch! Hate the noise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre St. Patty's Day BreakfastJohnDined on 3/16/2014Love Mothers. Best Bloody Marys. Very good selection of meals. Service is great. Breakfast is the best in area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Federal Hill POIoutoftowndinerDined on 3/4/2014Service was fast, friendly and courteous. Food was good, not great, but no complaints. Lots of beer selections. This is a friendly neighborhood pub that is in walking distance of the ball park, convention center and waterfront. When I find myself in town again, Mother's will be on my list of places to stop in for a spell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good bar-dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/20146 of us met at Mother's for beers and pub food. Mother's offers a good balance between bar and restaurant. The food is not fussy but very good. The food is mostly homemade and of good quality. There were plenty of burgers and sandwiches to choose from, as well as a pretty good beer selection. The staff was very friendly and the service was prompt. I would go back again to start a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and StaffJanetDined on 2/18/2014The food was so delicious and really was comfort food just like "Mother" would make. The staff was very friendly, oh so nice and attentive. My Husband and I went here during Restaurant Week for a "date night" while my Mom kept our Baby Boy. Not only did they have one of the best Restaurant Week deals around but we loved it and will definitely be back. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to eat.nbtrxl2Dined on 2/17/2014Have not been to Mother's restaurant for some time. However, went for dinner and had a great time. The server and overall service was great. The food and drinks were served in a timely manner and both were very good. Will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for groupjackDined on 2/15/2014Food was good and service adequate great place for a large group.Special Features:
- A+GregDined on 1/19/2014We come here at least twice a month, GREAT food, GREAT service, prices are good. Sometimes it can be a little noisy since the bar is so close to the food tables but over all you don't really care because everything else is always so good,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seemed very busy the nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/9/2014Seemed very busy the night of our visit due to a TV show filming on location, so it took a while for our server to return after delivering our drinks. She was very sweet though and our meal came fast and was very good. We''ll return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded but funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/9/2014It was definitely busy, which hindered the service a little. Food was good, but not exceptional. Fun and good for cheap drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upstairs perfectLeslieDined on 1/4/2014Downstairs we found that the noise level was way too loud to even hang out in there. It was noticeably uncomfortable. But since we had 8 people, we were set up upstairs and had the room to ourselves, including the big screen tv. And our waiter Brent, was fantastic. The wings tasted very similar, so that was a disappointment. We also tried the special ice cream of the day and that also was sub par. But it was a fun place and worth going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!zogirlDined on 12/31/2013I dined here on New Years Eve. Trying to find parking was hectic and I called the restaurant to let them know I would be late. We ended up being 30 minutes late. The restaurant was very understanding about the situation being New Years Eve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurgerBrianlineDined on 12/31/2013I enjoyed a Blue Cheese Burger. It was good. The burger was cooked to my request - which is always satisfying. The waitress was kind , prompt , and friendly. I look forward to dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We leftjmethechefVIPDined on 12/21/2013Unfortunately, we looked at the menu and then left. It was pub grub and not the caliber of restaurant we had hoped for when booking. Nothing on anyone's plate looked at all appetizing or even smelled good.
- We LOVE Mother's of FederalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2013We LOVE Mother's of Federal Hill Grille. The ice cream alone is a reason to eat there.Special Features:
- Good FoodSatisfiedVIPDined on 11/29/2013We stopped here while passing through Baltimore on I-95; easy access from I-95 & convenient parking garage nearby. The entrance opens up into a loud bar. We sat in the back, where it was quieter. The food we had included chilli, charred black pepper tuna salad, crab cakes, and deserts. Very tasty comfort food. Would come here again.
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/9/2013Our server, Kerry(?), was fabulous! She was fun, helpful, provided excellent service and great advice on food, etc. We really enjoyed ourselves and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother'scherobrienVIPDined on 9/28/2013It kind of advertised itself as a bar with a fabulous menu but it turns out it is only a bar with pretty good burgers.
- Great Comfort Foodout4funVIPDined on 8/7/2013Mother's Federal Hill Grill may not look like much, but it has very good food. There is an extensive menu with daily deals and specials. For this lunch, we ordered from the specials that included an orange roughy sandwich and a crab quiche. Both choices were well-prepared and satisfying. Service was very friendly.Special Features:
- Good Food and Kind ServiceIzzyDined on 8/4/2013Restaurant week foods were good and service was impeccable. Filet, crab cake, and mussels!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite what I was expecting.Knoodle17Dined on 8/2/2013Not quite what I was expecting. More of a neighborhood type establishment. Probably perfect for young professionals after work but not what I was looking for.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week WinOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2013My friend and I truly enjoyed the restaurant week menu this past Thursday. I indulged in calamari, a jumbo lump crab cake, mashed potatoes with loaded butter, chipotle Mac n cheese, and bread pudding. Not to mention drafts of Sam Adams Seasonal. Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place is dark and crammed.StephVIPDined on 7/30/2013Place is dark and crammed. Seemed to cater to locals, but nothing special. Crab melt lacked flavor. Fries were good. They seem to specialize in burgers and wings.
- The food was outstanding.NLJF4VIPDined on 7/27/2013The food was outstanding. The service was very good, not outstanding. The noise level was tolerable until a large group was seated nearby. All seemed to be trying to out shout the other at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Great ServiceP34C3Dined on 6/16/2013We had a good time and enjoyed the food very much on a Sunday afternoon. It was not super crowded but I got the impression that the service would have been great even if it were. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2013Food is always hot. Bloody Marys are perfect. Service is impecable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day at Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013We have a party of 13 with 4 children. We had a table upstairs which worked out great. Was only one other table in use so was like having your own private room. Food and service was great. Waitress was very attentive to all our needs.Special Features:
- Perfect for our Mother' Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013Perfect for our Mother' Day! Made a reservation but wasn't too overcrowded. Great service, food was good--great brunch spot, great mimosa specials! Would definitely go back again for breakfast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plesantly surprisedGoinbackDined on 5/12/2013Considering it was a hectic Mother's Day breakfast / brunch @ Mothers - we were pleasantly surprised at the good quality food, but most of all the great service! From our nice server to the hosts, etc. all were welcoming, friendly, attentive and never oversolicitous. Great start to the day. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super friendly staff and properlymikeDined on 4/25/2013Super friendly staff and properly sectioned off so you can sit and hang out where you feel most comfortable.Special Features:
- We were at the Science MuseumOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2013We were at the Science Museum and made reservations. It is more of a sports bar. The food was excellent. Blackened Chicken was the best.Special Features:
- We had a great time celebratingshakenvsstirredVIPDined on 3/17/2013We had a great time celebrating my mother's birthday. I was a little disappointed there were no desserts. Other than that we had a lot of fun and my Mom loved the bloody mary.Special Features:
- The waitress didn't informOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2013The waitress didn't inform us of weekly specials, nor was she aware of how the bar worked.
- Bloody Marys are the best.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2013Bloody Marys are the best. Good food. Very good service.Special Features:
- Nice Nice NiceTondalayerVIPDined on 1/31/2013First time there it was very crowded and i now know why. It may be a good bar spot, but the food is delicious.Special Features:
- A few friends and I went toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/30/2013A few friends and I went to Mother's for the first time on a Wednesday during Restaurant Week. We had made a reservation and it was not overly crowded when we arrived. The service was atrociously bad. We waited for drinks, to order, for our food. We ordered the 3 course meal special for restaurant week and never received the second course. After several complaints (and 2 hours) we were offered free desserts to replace the second course. I spoke with the manager and he said that they were getting "slammed" and were short staffed. I honestly don't have much patience with his excuse because it was restaurant week and the menu was fixed and we made a reservation. They should have been prepared. Too bad because the food was great.
- They didn't hold our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/13/2013They didn't hold our reservation due the ravens playoff game. I understand that this is a big day for them but they shouldn't take reservations that they can't hold then. We came from out of state and didn't know it would be like that so we would have made reservations elsewhere. And because there was 11 of us it was hard to get such a large table elsewhere with no notice. Won't go back and try just for this reason.
- An very large group of womenRouxVIPDined on 10/24/2012An very large group of women was seated next to us and they were so loud that we could hardlys converse with each other. W
- Had a wonderful time, my waiterAlexDined on 9/26/2012Had a wonderful time, my waiter was awesome everything i asked for he provided without fuzz. On top of a already great nite the ravens cheerleaders showed up and i won free game tickets cant get no better.Special Features: