Mossuto's Market & Cafe
2029 Hwy 35
Wall Township, NJ 07719Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mossuto's Market & Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mossutosmarket.com/
- Phone: 7324498058
- Hours of Operation:
Market Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 9am-6pm & Sunday 9am - 3pm Cafe Lunch Hours: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm Cafe Dinner Hours: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Biagio Schiano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer a one stop shopping with Italian cooking at its finest, full service wait staff, rentals, flowers and much more. Mossuto’s is a full service caterer centered on first class service and quality, offering a variety of packages and menus to satiate every appetite and meet any budget. Food fresh from the market place is tastefully prepared, and presented with perfection. Please contact our Catering Director, Rossella Romano Tuesday-Sunday at 732-499-8058.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Music EVERY Saturday evening starting at 7pm.
- Special Events: Monthly Wine Tastings
Chef's 5 Course Tasting for 2-8 people Reservations Required Offered Tuesday - Saturday evenings starting at 6pm $75/Person WITHOUT wine $100/Person WITH wine
A word from Mossuto's Market & Cafe
Italian cooking at its best. Food fresh from the market, prepared simply, and enjoyed with good company. Many of the dishes on our menu have been passed down within the Mossuto family for generations; all of them originate from Italy's Mediterranean sea villages, its Tuscan hill towns, or somewhere in between. Buon Appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mossuto's Market & Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- DinnerDaveDined on 7/20/2013Went on a Saturday night. Brought a bottle of wine and was hit with a $12 corking fee. Place was very noisy. Shrimp was tough and fishy. Chop salad was a can of beans and a lot of lettuce. Wife had Cod which was tasteless. Friend had Chicken Parm which was over priced. On a positive note, I had the clams in red sauce and that was good.
- Rules and PoliciesFoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2013While the food at Massuto's is very good, I would hardly say that their goal is to please their customers. They are too concerned about getting people in and out then caring that they have a pleasurable experience.
- Terrible!HomeRNVIPDined on 7/12/2013After making a reservation I surely did not anticipate being seated at the pizza bar! I like to see the person I am eating with not sorely the pizza chef. I realize the restaurant was busy but they should at least have a few tables for 2 people. the couple seated to my right felt the same way after calling for a reservation. The pasta was so tough and the clam sauce extremely salty. The salad was average. the only thing that was decent was the wine. This was my first and very last visit to this restaurant!
- Massuto's DinnerJohnGDined on 7/5/2013Really good Italian food and a local hot spot. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Just ok havnt been there inisellexusDined on 6/27/2013Just ok havnt been there in years now. Know why. Typcal tourest spot for bennes
- Not worth it!SherryPVIPDined on 5/31/2013Extremely over priced for the quality of the food. $25.00 for chicken parm seems silly, $17.00 for 2 drinks, ridiculous! Rather go somewhere else, pay a little more and get a fabulous meal!!
- Watch Out, You'll Be In and OutStinkyMHDined on 5/17/2013This is the 4th time I have gone to Mossuto's for dinner. The food is very good: both pizza and dinners are excellent. Normally, the service has been good. This time, however, I could see my waitress waiting out of the corner of my eye while I ate my appetizer. As soon as my appetizer was cleared, I was served my entree. Too fast! The restaurant was not crowded, so it was not as if they were eager for me to leave. I spent $86 in 45 minutes. Candidly, if I am going to spend that much on dinner I would appreciate a more leisurely experience.Special Features:
- Walls best Kept SecretisellexusDined on 5/3/2013We found the Brick oven Pizza when they opened it up two years ago and it gets better each time. We love the Family atmospher and Benny is the Best. Dinners are always a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodDeniseDined on 3/15/2013Got calamari for appetizer and pasta for the entree; both were delicious. We've gotten pizza and grilled caesar salad there before; and both are outstanding. The service is terrific- very friendly, helpful and attentive. The owner is a sweetheart- makes rounds to the customers, making sure all are enjoying their experience and very caring. Accoustics are a little loud; if it could be just a little quieter, it would be perfect. We're sure to go back.Special Features:
- Mossuto's italian fare isjerseygirlVIPDined on 3/2/2013Mossuto's italian fare is really very good. We had a fish and 2 pastas at our table and everyone was very happy with their meal.
- I would like to thank Mossuto'smrhappeDined on 2/23/2013I would like to thank Mossuto's and their staff for making our night out a special one.It was our anniversary and all the requests I made were honored. Our servers could not be any more professional and pleasant.The food as always was excellent. The appetizers to the special dessert they made for us was amazing. Thank you again.Special Features:
- Server was unattentive, hadOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/16/2013Server was unattentive, had to get up to find her to ask for another glass of wine and dressing for our salads. Appetizer and salads brought out at same time, entrees were brought out immediately after. Hate that!!!!
- Hi, Overall very good....WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013Hi, Overall very good....We go out to eat alot and had not been here in years. Wine selection ok...only gripe was $25 chicken parm and $10 desserts...Pizza was excellent....Heaters brought in to help with chill...Special Features:
- The food, the service andJillDined on 10/5/2012The food, the service and the ambience were outstanding. Great place.Special Features:
- Staff tries very hard to accommodatjaneVIPDined on 8/18/2012Staff tries very hard to accommodate but needs some polish - also need to not make someone who places reservation through open table feel that doesn't give them certain rights - otherwise a good place to dine.Special Features:
- We have been to Mossuto'sbronx1Dined on 8/11/2012We have been to Mossuto's a number of times and have enjoyed ourselves each time. Great food, decent wine list that is reasonably priced and good service.Special Features:
- Great dining motif supportedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/3/2012Great dining motif supported by savory food selections and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- You'll love itJAS36Dined on 7/26/2012We've been meaning to go there for a while. Sorry we didn't go sooner. Tile fish special was very good as was my salad with house smoked salmon which I used as my main course. We opted to sit at the bar vs our reserved table just because we figured it would be more fun. It was. Our bartender/server was great and we enjoyed the interaction with other diners at the bar. Place is a bit noisy so if you're looking for a quiet dinner this is not the place.Special Features:
- Excellent food and music!SCCNDined on 7/20/2012Excellent food and music! Moroccan Sheepherders are the best.Special Features:
- Food delicious as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/30/2012Food delicious as always. note that they have expanded the dining room so it is really more of a restaurant than a market now. not sure if i like that. Waitress was inexperienced and unknowledgable - possibly having to hire due to more tables? not sure. i will return as the food is good.
- True Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2012I have been here many times and have always had the best experience. I had the rissotto with the white truffle oil, asparagus, and shrimp-it was delicious! My husband had a 12 oz steak which was the quality of The Palm resturant in NYC-excellent too. Overall our experience was A+++.Special Features:
- We went on Mother's Day andpattygVIPDined on 5/13/2012We went on Mother's Day and found the menu was limited to pizza and pasta. The pizza was good although my kids did not like the sauce and prefer other brick oven pizzerias in the area. One of our party got the pasta bolognese and was not a big fan. Overall, it was just eh. I would go back and give it a shot when the whole menu is available. It was a cute place. Definitely need to do something about the skylights though. It was a 75 degree day and it was extremely hot in the dining room between the sun glare and the pizza oven. Very uncomfortable!Special Features:
- Prepare to be Uncomfortably COLDJulesVIPDined on 4/20/2012Now that we are back in town,this was our first visit since the renovations. Sadly as has been the case every time in the past,it was extremely cold: doors open,ceiling fans on full speed and the air conditioning on. This,on an evening when the outside temp was 60 degrees tops.Also,like during past visits, NO one,staff or management seems to care about the comfort of those dining there.Once,their excuse for the cold temps was that the cooks were hot,so the restaurant was kept cold, didn't matter that we were eating dinner with our coats on! The GOOD news is that the food is consistently Very Good. We had the Porterhouse Steak for 2. It is wonderful, as good as you'd get in a high end Steak House. Not returning tho, can't stand the cold temp
- Love the relaxed feel of Mossuto'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2012Love the relaxed feel of Mossuto's Market and the food and service are always excellent.Special Features:
- Neighborhood findHappyDinerVIPDined on 4/13/2012The green apple martini I had was one of the best ever, good service, food was good but the restaurant week special monk fish was bland and under seasoned. The seating near the door was breezy and a bit uncomforatble when opened (it was still cool out). The marketplace which is next to the restaurant is energetic. The only real negative about the place is when the maitre de asked me how was our experience was, before I could answer he turned his attention away from me and on to another group. I thought it was very rude. Dont ask my opinion if you dont really want it.Special Features:
- A dining pleasure. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/24/2012A dining pleasure. Excellent food. Well-timed, friendly and helpful service. The wine was superb. She had the gnocchi’s and I had the linguini with clams in white sauce. The quantity was enough to take some of each home. We shared both a salad and the NY style cheesecake. Looking forward to eating here again.Special Features:
- Honest Review - Really BadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2012This could have been a sienfeld epidose. It starts out with them knowing how to take the reservation, but not understanding how to keep the reservation. We had a 7:15 reservation, but were not actually seated until almost 8:00. It went down hill from there. The biggest issue with the restaurant is that it lacks attention to detail. The table for four that we were given was obviously a table for two. To make matters worse my wife was basicaly sitting on the lap of the man at the next table. The food was poor at best. Two people ordered the pasta special only to be told later that there were none left. So I ordered the artic char, I did not realize that by arctic they meant ice cold. Don't go you' be disapointed & they don't care.
- The food was good and thereJeanneDined on 1/21/2012The food was good and there is the benfit of an Italian market.Special Features: