401 South Columbus Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.moshulu.com/
- Phone: 2159232500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM
Sunday Brunch 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Monday - Thursday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Bonett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: .
- Special Events: The Moshulu, the World’s oldest and largest four-masted Tall Ship offers unsurpassed views and a unique backdrop for intimate to extraordinary dining and celebrations. Our private dining rooms, outdoor open-aired and tented decks combined with delectable, award-wining American cuisine and impeccable service create the perfect setting for memorable events. Please contact Diane Megliano, Director of Sales at email@example.com.
A word from Moshulu
The Moshulu, the World’s oldest and largest four-masted Tall Ship offers the most unique dining experience featuring inspired award-wining, contemporary American cuisine using nature’s finest ingredients and impeccable service. The luxurious dining room, private dining rooms, Bongo Bar and outdoor open-aired and tented decks offer unsurpassed views for intimate to extraordinary dining and celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Moshulu - Best Restaurants in Penn's Landing ›
Moshulu reviews from OpenTable diners
313 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (226)special occasion (225)romantic (212)fit for foodies (83)notable wine list (74)great for brunch (66)good for groups (64)great for lunch (48)great for outdoor dining (48)neighborhood gem (43)late-night find (21)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/16/2014Terrible service went for my husband bday it took forever waiter was terrible could not even do the cake that we bought with us for two reason our reservation was 7:30 we didn't get our food till 9:15 it took 25 min to get a drink by the time we ate the tiny portion of scallops it was 9:45 so we took the cake home becuase they wanted to charge me a 3 dollar cutting fee on each piece they cut of the cake I bought with me ! I gave them a $50 dollar visa gift card they told me they could only take $40 of it? IV never heard of that. It was very disappointing I took my husband out becuase his mother is dying and it was his birthday and he needed a night away from it all and it turned out to be terrible. Very upset about it all.Special Features:
- Great as always!FoodieChicaDined on 9/14/2014Loved it... always do. Just a little disappointed that the "chocolate" fountain was taken away for Sunday Brunch. :( I loved that thing! Also, our server Lark was a gem! She was on top of things and always attentive to our needs! She needs to be cloned! Wish more restaurants had servers like her.... :) We will definitely ask for her for all our future visits. Awesome young lady!!!Special Features:
- Glad I finally got to try themfoddieontapDined on 9/14/2014Moshulu was just ok for brunch. We felt it was not a great selection for the price, not a great value. The peach pancakes were awesome, as were the desserts. The other food items were nothing special. The crab claws did not appear fresh. It was nice for a special occasion but fo $40 there are better options. They have a live piano player who plays ragtime. Warm Daddy's is a much better option, with live jazz and spectacular southern food with excellent flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu OptionsbrunchmunchDined on 9/14/2014We've been to Moshulu many times for brunch and have always enjoyed it. This time was no different, however, they have changed their menu presentation. Unlimited champagne included in the price used to be a great draw for us. The price for brunch has been lowered and a $12 charge for unlimited champagne has been offered. I understand that some people do not drink, but the 'unlimited champagne brunch' was a great hook. Also changed was that the entree items are on the brunch floor instead of being special ordered (except omelets). The entree selections used to be more gourmet. Now they are basically carved beef and salmon - very nice but mundane. We'll still go, but really loved the way it used to be. Also, $15 for parking is too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, poor atmosphereheidissDined on 9/13/2014I was very impressed with the food we ate at Moshulu. However, with an 8 pm reservation and still not seated at 8:20, I was disappointed in the service. Once seated -- at an extra large round table -- with 5 of us it was difficult to have a conversation because of how loud it was in the dining room. I might go back, but only if we're able to sit outside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014After reading other reviews, I was a little skeptical but was glad that I went. Parking was right across from the ship, I mean literally. I had on 4 inch heels and was worried I had to walk blocks. When we arrived we were seated immediately in a cozy booth. Our waitress was attentive but not annoying.. The wine list was notable and a little pricey, but that was expected. For appetizers, I had the oysters and my date had the ceviche. The presentation of the ceviche was nice and impressive. For dinner, I ordered the salmon and he ordered the Sea bass.. Everything was freshly prepared and perfect. Overall I was impressed..Special Features:
- servicepoflDined on 9/12/2014The overall experience was good but not too exiting. The service was not reflecting the high priced level. Our waitress spilled a glass of Champlain entirely over my daughter Of course she apologized but that was it. I would have expected the Manager to show up and to give us a kind of special treat, but that was it I found this a little poor but did not want to be the one to get this young girl fired. However a little overrated after all but still a nice place to go for a different experience. The food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedSergeDined on 9/11/2014We went in for lunch and were seated at a table with the best view. The service was sincere and knowledgeable, all while giving us our space. The food matched well and left us feeling most content. The ship is Historic and well taken care of. The parking fee, I could do with out.Special Features:
- OutstandingHankDined on 9/11/2014We had a terrific time taking in the history of Penns landing then finishing it off with a great meal and very pleasant service. The Moshulu is a must, you will be very impressed!!Special Features:
- DeliciousDevildog1775Dined on 9/10/2014First time dining here and it was amazing. The food was excellent, our server was on point with everything and very friendly. I definitely recommend this place to others and also looking forward to going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good timeMPCCAQDined on 9/10/2014Had a good time with family. Loved the place and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was just ok.kaboomDined on 9/6/2014I took my wife here to celebrate our new marriage. We were seated quickly in a quiet spot towards the back, with a window seat. Our server was fairly quick, and nice. The ambiance was ok, not what I thought it would be. There was a party or two upstairs, so music could he heard. That took away from the intimate setting we were looking for. The food was good, just not what we expected. It didn't sweep us off our feet like we imagined. In the middle of our dinner, they sat a large party next to us. This party was really loud, so that took away even more from our celebration. Overall, the Moshulu was just an ok experience, but I would recommend it to friends. I will try it again one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014It has been along time since me and my wife had dinner at your establishment it was our anniversary and you didn't disappoint waiter was friendly food was good and waiter recognized it was our anniversary and brought out a nice happy anniversary plate at the end of our meal what a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurantPieLifeDined on 9/6/2014Booked a 5:00 reservation on a Saturday for my boyfriends birthday (5:00 because I knew he would be antsy all day to see this surprise place I was taking him to and didn't want to make him wait too long) Food was amazing service was great the ambience is wonderful. Yes the boat is old so everything in it is old but that's what you expect walking into a ship from 1904! I got the scallops & gnocchi and the plate was small (as expected from any high end restaurant) it was very tasteful. He got the swordfish which neither of us have ever tried swordfish and it was amazing!! The ONLY downfall was we went there at 4 hoping to enjoy the rooftop bar for a whole before dinner and it was closed due to a wedding. Definitely recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How is the food actually good?mafalzonDined on 9/4/2014Places this breathtaking, simply put, don't need good food or competitive prices. They have the visuals that make up for it. Moshulu breaks the mold, for some reason, in that the food is absolutely worth while. If this was a hole-in-the wall place it'd still be worth going to. I never though this would be a place that I would come back to even for more casual meals. Very impressed with the Calamari (one of the best I've had) and the Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake. Prices are also not over inflated. So long as their Chef sticks around, I will be returning to this place often when I am in the PHL area.Special Features:
- Very niceJaniceDined on 9/4/2014We had a nice lunch at Moshulu, but service wasn't the best. It took about an hour to get our entrees. Luckily there were some yummy warm rolls to munch on while we waited. The food was good, but we didn't see much of our server throughout the whole time we were there. We had requested she give us two checks when we first ordered, but she forgot and just brought one at the end of our meal. Now the only male in our group felt obligated to pay the total bill. This was really embarrassing. She reluctantly took back the bill, but came back with three separate checks. I don't know what she was thinking. Bottomline, the food and atmosphere were very good at the Moshulu, but service was definitely disappointing.Special Features:
- Birthday FunFunnyEDDined on 9/3/2014My wife has been wanting to go here for some time now and I finally took her on her Birthday, which turned out to be the perfect surprise. The hostess and wait-staff were incredibly attentive to any and all of our needs. They had a birthday card for my wife in her menu right at the start. The food was AMAZING! We ordered calamari as an appetizer with flavored squid ink garnish - very different and fun. Our entrees were scallops and swordfish and were fantastically cooked. The swordfish was melt-in-your-mouth tender! We skipped desert and alcohol as I had other plans for us, but they threw in a beautiful chocolate tray as complimentary desert! My wife couldn't have been happier. Very classy, very delicious, and right on the waterfront!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Subpar dining experience.JasonleeskinnerVIPDined on 9/1/2014Place is old & outdated. The service was slow & uninterested in being there. The food was mediocre at best. I wanted to try something different for our anniversary but I was sorry we did. We will not return!
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great food, came out very quickly. Always a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacularfoodie123Dined on 8/31/2014My boyfriend and I came here for his birthday and we honestly couldn't have been more blown away by the ambiance, food, and service. Our server Andrew, made us feel really special on a very special day. It was an absolutely outstanding experience. We'll most definitely be back to dine at the Moshulu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunchkt360Dined on 8/31/2014Possibly the best brunch I've ever had. Considering the fact that it's on an old ship with a great view and priced fairly, this brunch is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soJayCod01Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I had high hopes since the restaurant got such good ratings but it was a disappointment. Everything was average and there was not anything special about our experience or our meals. We got the Foie Gras and raw oysters as our appetizers but we have had much better elsewhere. My wife got the lamb for her entree and it was a little bit fatty and I got the swordfish which just tasted like any other piece of fish I have had. We shared the lemon cheesecake for dessert which was the highlight of the meal. We had a window seat so we had a niece view of Penn's Landing at least. Overall it was a very expensive meal to just get a mediocre dinner.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceKTfromDurangoDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I were in Philadelphia for a conference. Because our 32nd anniversary coincided with our visit, we decided to celebrate in style. I made reservations at The Moshulu and we weren't disappointed. They treated us to complementary champagne, a lovely card, and a special dessert. The food was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- not disappointedbriguyDined on 8/27/2014Friendly staff. Quality food. Nice setting. Great for pics afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So Brunch SelectionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014The service was excellent and attentive, the setting attractive. The variety of offerings was adequate, but the quality of food was merely average, and of course it is an all you can eat buffet. It's an OK place to go with a group when you want a special setting in Philadelphia.Special Features:
- Perfect Sunday afternoonIlove2eatDined on 8/24/2014Stopped by for Sunday brunch to see the piano player (20's 30's tunes). Food was fair, notable was the salmon perfectly not overlooked (not an easy thing for a buffet). Service a bit slow even though not terribly packed. piano player was the best part.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceSmc136Dined on 8/23/2014The food was good, had filet mignon, and boyfriend had crabcake, but very expensive for ok food (nothing that blew us away). Service was absolutely great, very attentive, quick with the food and drinks. The ambiance was nice for a date or special occasion, wish we could have sat on the side facing the river but still nice. Dress code was definitely nicer than we thought reading some of the other reviews. Overall very good, just a bit on the expensive side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceChanbyrdDined on 8/23/2014Our group had a wonderful time. The food was great and the service was excellent. I am looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10th wedding anniversary dinner10thAnniversaryBlissDined on 8/21/2014From the moment we walked in till we left, the service was excellent. The food was DELICIOUS!!! Beginning with the chefs complimentary appetizer of peppered hummus to the appetizer, then dinner and lastly dessert. There was not one thing I did not like. I give it 2 thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnobsimnobodyDined on 8/21/2014Besides the people around us complaining about every little thing. It was a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!PhotoSteveDined on 8/18/2014Great food. Great service. Perfect atmosphere. This place NEVER disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday At MushuluWhitneyPart1Dined on 8/17/2014Went with new girlfriend, her son, and a friend. Menu, as always, impressive and excellent. VERY minor disappointment that the first two wine selections were not available. She had oysters and the Calabreese for appetizer and lobster for dinner; raved the whole time. It was my birthday - a secret I did not want to reveal, but someone called you and you had a card waiting at the table, gave me a glass of champagne, and a special plate with chocolate (Thank you!). Toured the ship and took tons of pictures (she is a published photographer). Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for anniversary dinnerAnniversaryDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I chose Moshulu for our 29th wedding anniversary celebration. The setting was perfect. We wanted peaceful. That is was. We were seated by a window so we could see the water and boating activities. The food was all right. When we visit again, we will try something else. What we did not do, though, was to ask about the items that we ordered. The shrimp roll skewers were great. We ordered the rack of lamb and duck. We will not order those again. Our server, Cordell, was observant, available and warm. Overall, our visit was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere!IwasonaboatDined on 8/17/2014It was beautiful inside and perfect for our anniversary! The food wasn't exactly my favorite, but out waitress was lovely and affable. She even gave us a plate that said "happy anniversary" written In chocolate which was adorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mushulu Sunday buffet brunchcktchrDined on 8/17/2014I was at the Moshulu for their Sunday buffet brunch in April (2014). It was delightful. Due to the time of year, it wasn't crowded, which is always a plus. The food choices were numerous and varied. When I went again in August, I wasn't as impressed. There were less food choices, omelets were now special order and at an additional cost, and they ran out of foods. Mind you, they were very busy, but I still feel they should have enough replenishment of ALL offerings up until the brunch hours are over. (2:30) They had a piano player this time, who was very good, but personally I found it overbearing. One thing for sure, the service was once again impeccable. Overall, I still recommend The Moshulu.Special Features:
- Not GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Brunch was quite unimpressive. The food was seemed thrown together with little care, the fish was dry, the vegetables mushy, and they ran out of beef to carve. The positives were, the young man carving was very sweet, our server was great and the piano player was fantastic!!!! I did not try the desert as my appetite did not allow.Special Features:
- Geat brunch!!JessieDined on 8/17/2014Changed the menu up a little but we still loved it!! Great brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievablePhillyNativeDined on 8/16/2014The food was outrageous. Everything we ordered came out absolutely perfect. The service was fantastic although once the meal was over, we waited quite a while for the check. No complaints here though.Special Features:
- ReviewMikeDined on 8/16/2014Overall my mom and I had a nice dinner. The restaurant is very nice with a nice view looking at the Delaware river. My mother enjoyed her dinner, she had the sea scallops. But mine was fresh but would not recommend it. Start I had the steak tartar which had too many onions over powered the whole dish. For the main course I had the halibut. The dish is called a halibut BLT. Which does not go! The fish was dry. The tomato was to overpowering for the dish. And it had cooked lettuce as well.Special Features:
- extra effortOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I took my daughter there before the One Direction concert, and although chicken fingers were not on the menu at the bar, they made them for her, and it made the day extra special for her. Great staff great food great scenerySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.