401 South Columbus Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.moshulu.com/
- Phone: 2159232500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM
Sunday Brunch 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Monday - Thursday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Bonett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: .
- Special Events: The Moshulu, the World’s oldest and largest four-masted Tall Ship offers unsurpassed views and a unique backdrop for intimate to extraordinary dining and celebrations. Our private dining rooms, outdoor open-aired and tented decks combined with delectable, award-wining American cuisine and impeccable service create the perfect setting for memorable events. Please contact Diane Megliano, Director of Sales at email@example.com.
A word from Moshulu
The Moshulu, the World’s oldest and largest four-masted Tall Ship offers the most unique dining experience featuring inspired award-wining, contemporary American cuisine using nature’s finest ingredients and impeccable service. The luxurious dining room, private dining rooms, Bongo Bar and outdoor open-aired and tented decks offer unsurpassed views for intimate to extraordinary dining and celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Moshulu - Best Restaurants in Penn's Landing ›
Moshulu reviews from OpenTable diners
302 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (218)special occasion (217)romantic (202)fit for foodies (88)notable wine list (79)good for groups (60)great for brunch (55)neighborhood gem (48)great for outdoor dining (43)great for lunch (41)late-night find (24)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- I'm on a BoatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Everybody look at me cause I'm sailing on a boat. Great food, great ambiance, service was terrific although the waiter seemed busy even though it was a pretty slow Tuesday night. Nonetheless, we had a great time celebrating.Special Features:
- Amazing Lemon Dessert!NewZagats2VIPDined on 10/26/2014That dessert keeps bringing us BACK!! That is HOW good it is!!!!… Their food is great too! … But that dessert makes us crave to come back!! GOOO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- moshuluGeraldDined on 10/26/2014Outstanding service, fantasticly delectable dining, great views, & awesome ambiance. A must see / must do experience for Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I took my girlfriend out for her birthday. The food was outstanding and the service was a cut above the rest. Definitely a special occasion destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014THE FOOD WAS GOOD ALTHOUGH THE PORTIONS WERE EXTREMELY SMALL FOR THE PRICE. THERE WAS NO LIGHTING GOING DOWN THE STEPS WHEN LEAVING THE MOSHULU. THE STEPS ARE METAL AND THANK GOD IT WASN'T RAINING. THEY ARE VERY DANGEROUS AND SHOULD BE REPORTED. MY WIFE AND I ARE 68 YEARS OLD AND SUBJECT TO FALLING AND POSSIBLY BREAKING A HIP.Special Features:
- Just lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Great spot for a special lunch. Great setting. Very good food and service.Special Features:
- Historic and BreathtakingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/22/2014I am 29 years old, and finally dinned at the Moshulu. For me it has been a long anticipated visit, since the last time I was there I was unborn, Quite literally. My parents dined their back in 1985 when they learned at the doctors office they were having twins, and went their that night 29 years ago to celebrate the joyous news. Finally I made my own trip marking success in love and life on my anniversary with my beloved. Food was spectacular, the cheese plate was life changing, and overall I can not wait to return again like a sea turtle returning to the beach it was born. Well done Moshulu, you are as breath taking and timeless as I have always known you to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningfuninPhiladelphiaDined on 10/22/2014We had Moshulu recommended by several friends and weren't disappointed. The service was prompt and attentive. The food was very good. The presentation was also good. The ambience of being on a four masted ship floating on the Delaware River was all we had hoped for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jrfamilydiningDined on 10/19/2014Exceptional service, meal and presentation. . .engaging service, but not overdone. . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed itwickedwonderlandDined on 10/19/2014The champagne is no longer included, should have called first. They ran out of prime rib, it goes fast they say. Overall it was very tasty and the staff was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Icing on the CakeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Not only was the food delicious…we especially loved the Eggs Benedict, Smoked Salmon, Prime Rib and Lobster Bisque, the service was the icing on the cake. Speaking of cake, the dessert table was to die for especially the Creme Brûlée We certainly will be back for another special occasion. Our daughter, Ariel treated me for my birthday, and what a treat it was looking out onto the water while the piano played. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- ProfilemommafricaDined on 10/18/2014This place truly deserves 5* except for the fact that I'm a vegetarian of which shows on my profile and my Halibut was served with bacon. Because we went late it would have taken longer to recook another meal. The bacon was removed of course but its not supposed to touch the rest of any of the food. The waiter was reminded of this of which he joked: just push it to the side and no problem. Not funny because it is a problem. Must fast now from 3-5 days to clean out.Special Features:
- Amazing deserts!1NewZagatsGuideVIPDined on 10/18/2014The lemon dessert is the BEST and so is this bartender, Josiah!! … Kind soul! We came just for both reasons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I wanted to celebrate our first anniversary at a unique and romantic location. The food and service was just wonderful. I would highly recommend the tuna tartare. Our table was next to a window and we even had a wonderful view of the fireworks! It was a truly memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerCasualDinerDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful birthday dinner at Moshulu. The entrees were both excellent tasting, cooked to perfection, and hot. I had the bacon and blue cheese swordfish while my date had the haddock. The homemade honey butter was the perfect compliment for their dinner rolls. As an appropriate treat, the waiter brought a plate holding two truffles, a single candle and the words "Happy Birthday!" spelled out in chocolate drizzle to celebrate my date's birthday. No obnoxious singing by the wait staff. The only criticism, and it was very minor, was some confusion when we ordered our desserts. The waiter neglected to enter mine into the system and I had to wait several minutes for my dessert after my date's dessert arrived. Both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoshuluJennDined on 10/15/2014Everything was delicious. Service was great, our server was attentive but not overbearing. The only downfall was that we forgot our leftovers and the parking attendant would not allow us to pull back into the parking lot to run in and grab them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalHankDined on 10/14/2014We decided last minute to have a simple lunch at the Moshulu. We were treated like Royalty by their staff, and the food was just great! Our server, Rob, talked us into splitting a desert....Wow! Coconut pie the best! We def want to try dinner next time.Special Features:
- Food AfloatDaxioneDined on 10/13/2014A really nice place to go enjoy very fine dining and excellent food. Right on the water front, with a graet view of the battleship New Jersey. Our waiter was excellent and on the spot everytime, which is very uncommon in this day and age of fast food and horrible service. Hats off to the Moshulu for keeping a high standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Treat!feegfamilyDined on 10/12/2014The ambiance is hard to beat when dining on a historic schooner overlooking the Delaware River. The food and service has always been superb and the Sunday Brunch is no different. The live Jazz piano made it festive and a time to remember. Thanks Moshulu for never disappointing!Special Features:
- Great LocationLwmcquadeDined on 10/12/2014The setting is unique (genuine four masted sailing freighter) and the interior elegant. We visited for brunch and the food was excellent. Also have the run of the ship to check out and large horseshoe bars on each end which look like they would be awesome for a happy hour and to just grab a cocktail and relax on deck.Special Features:
- Not What it Used to BeLisa6796VIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I were very excited to spend our 1 yr anniversary here, but the menu had totally changed. The prices stayed high, but the food was on par with an Applebees type restaurant. We missed our traditional steak and seafood fare that we loved. My husband used to say that he had the best steak of his life here. From the bread to the deserts, everything was sub-par and had weird flavor combinations. Putting guacamole and tortilla chips on a fancy steak? Seriously? I loved the mac and cheese side before, but now it's a $13 bowl of Velveeta and noodles. The wedding reception DJ upstairs making the ship shake with his bass was just an added bonus to a very disappointing evening.
- food groupiesfood4meDined on 10/11/2014Very nice spot. On the pricey side but the food and service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in unusual settingBruceVIPDined on 10/10/2014It's not often that you get to eat in an old sail powered cargo ship- definitely a unique experience. The food and service was very good. Unlike many restaurants today, we were also able to hear each other talk. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- The Moshulu hmmmmm!!!SteakLoverDined on 10/7/2014This was my firs time visiting the Moshulu and I was not impressed besides the fact that I was eating on a ship with a vast amount of history. My fiancée returned her side twice, (The mac cheese and lobster and the asparagus). The burger I had was great cooked perfectly but that's what suppose to be done.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationbldbeachVIPDined on 10/6/2014We were a party of 5 family members celebrating Dad's 83rd birthday, and wanted a special treat. Dad doesn't get around so well anymore, but loves good food and the waterfront. Moshulu was the perfect choice, from our pre-dinner cocktails through dessert. Bartender, hostess and waitstaff were all kind, patient, knowledgable, and pleasantly attentive without being intrusive. We all enjoyed our evening and appreciated the delicious meal which was beautifully presented and the wonderful ambience of the ship.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simple celebrationrichDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I just wanted to celebrate without too much fanfare and preparation. We enjoyed ourselves, but the bill reflected our enjoyment. Make sure your wallet is full before you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Gem of PhiladelphiaJimandJoDined on 10/4/2014What a great place full of old world charm of a bygone era. The service was just outstanding and the food just great. One always to be on your list for eating out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with wife in October 2014WifebirthdayDined on 10/4/2014I'll make this quick. -The bread, filet mignon, dessert, wine and mixed drinks were great. -The scallop dish sucked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for entreeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014It was a busy Saturday night. Our drinks and appetizers were timely but we waited over 45 minutes for our entrees. The waitress was apologetic and very attentive.Special Features:
- AwesomeJohnny5Dined on 10/4/2014This was our second time dining at the Moshulu and it was better than the first time we went, awesome in every way. Happy 2nd Wedding Anniversary to us!!! See you soonSpecial Features:
- Nice placeRaviDined on 10/4/2014Great place for a special occasion lunch. Just the right amount of choices in the menu and a great dessert and cocktail list.Special Features:
- Good Time!Splash3300Dined on 10/1/2014I always enjoy going to te Moshulu. There's nothing like enjoying a great meal with a loved one! The wait staff is very friendly and has never disappointed me. Try the Tuna Burger!!Special Features:
- RedsDined on 9/28/2014I have been to the Moshulu multiple times. As time has progressed, the service has plummeted. This last visit is my final visit. The service was horrible. Sighting the waiter was like looking for the Yeti. In an upscale and pricey restaurant such as Moshulu, I expect the waiter to visit the table a couple of times during the meal. We had trouble even trying to flag him down. I could understand if the restaurant was busy but it definitely was not.
- Birthday BrunchFoodie82VIPDined on 9/28/2014This was my first time dining for Moshulu's brunch buffet and it was excellent I plan to visit again for my birthday.Special Features:
- ExcellentAnniversary1Dined on 9/27/2014The food was great the atmosphere was the waiter was great and my wife and I had such a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best serviceDaveDined on 9/27/2014Just want to say that Rob our server made our 20th anniversary extra special, very good waiter! Food was excellent, nice romantic setting and the whole staff did things to make our night special!Special Features:
- Food, Service and View was a 10AngelaDined on 9/27/2014We celebrated an anniversary dinner at the Moshulu on Saturday night. Our server was outstanding and the food came out steaming hot and perfectly timed. Could not have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The service was excellent. My view however was not on one side of the ship all you see out the window is the parjing lot. The food was good the duck fiogras is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent All AroundNickKDined on 9/25/2014We had a great anniversary dinner last Thursday, even though we had a 5 o'clock reservation and had to leave no later than 6:15 to get to a Flyers Hockey game we were happy with the pace of the meal and our waitress was outstanding, food and atmosphere was fantanstic. Being able to order flower ahead of time for my table was a nice special touch I was able to add that my wife just loved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShannonDined on 9/21/2014The Restuarant itself was very beautiful. The presentation of the food was good and it was delicious. I understand it was the "ambiance", but it was entirely too dark in there. We could not even read our menus. The bathroom was also very dark----a bit scary.Special Features: