401 South Columbus Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.moshulu.com/
- Phone: (215) 923-2500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM
Sunday Brunch 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Monday - Thursday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Bonett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: .
- Special Events: The Moshulu, the World’s oldest and largest four-masted Tall Ship offers unsurpassed views and a unique backdrop for intimate to extraordinary dining and celebrations. Our private dining rooms, outdoor open-aired and tented decks combined with delectable, award-wining American cuisine and impeccable service create the perfect setting for memorable events. Please contact Diane Megliano, Director of Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Moshulu
The Moshulu, the World’s oldest and largest four-masted Tall Ship offers the most unique dining experience featuring inspired award-wining, contemporary American cuisine using nature’s finest ingredients and impeccable service. The luxurious dining room, private dining rooms, Bongo Bar and outdoor open-aired and tented decks offer unsurpassed views for intimate to extraordinary dining and celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Moshulu - Best Restaurants in Penn's Landing ›
Moshulu reviews from OpenTable diners
261 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (189)scenic view (181)romantic (175)fit for foodies (85)notable wine list (64)good for groups (58)great for brunch (52)neighborhood gem (48)great for lunch (37)great for outdoor dining (33)late-night find (17)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- Overall a Great NightMjB1980VIPDined on 11/15/2014I took my fiancé here for our anniversary and also to taste some of the food for our upcoming wedding being that they don't have an official tasting. They did however give us a nice credit to our bill so that made up for it. There are plenty of two person tables and booths for couples so we had a nice quite dinner. The server was at the top of her game and made for a very enjoyable evening. We got the crab cake and duck along with lobster bisque and cheese plate. Everything was phenomenal and fresh. Really the only complaint I have is the decor. This place needs a major renovation, but I do believe there are plans for a new bar area and other updates coming in the near future. The rest isn't so terrible that it takes away from the evening however it's definitely noticeable. Overal a great experience and I'm looking forward to our wedding here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014ok at best waiter forgot one of our dishes asked for special seating due to a birthday dinner was told they couldn't provide it and table I wanted stayed empty the entire time I was there food was average for the price they chargeSpecial Features:
- it was my husband's birthday. We had a great time!couplesfunDined on 11/15/2014the food, service, and ambiance were great. We will return when we get a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Terrific Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014Husband and I wanted to do something a little nicer for our anniversary dinner and although we are locals had never been to this historic restaurant that's a landmark of the city. Such a neat atmosphere on-board in the restaurant and it was great having a window table to look out over the river. The food was fabulous and there were little tasting additions brought to the table compliments of the chef. My salmon was beautifully prepared and very flavorful. Husband ventured out and tried duck for the first time. He was not disappointed. We brought the pan fried crispy chicken home for our daughter...it traveled well and tasted amazing. It was so tender. A special mention goes to our server Vince. He made the evening. He was personable and knowledgeable about the dishes even though he said he was fairly new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food. Big priceBigMikeDined on 11/14/2014Food was great, came out fast. Waiter was knowledgeable and nice. Food was veryyyy pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night!Meant2BDined on 11/13/2014This is where you would take her on a third date to let her know you really like her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful first timenickDined on 11/11/2014i decided to take my girlfriend to philly for our anniversary on 11/11/14. after spending a good portion of the day out and about, we ended up at moshulu for our 8:00 reservation. the service here was outstanding- warm, friendly, and attentive. we ordered the grand plateau entree to split-we had apps and drinks in center city already and weren't terribly hungry. it was the perfect size and everything was so delicious. we were congratulated on our anniversary, given a taste of the sorbet on a wonderfully decorated plate and were given glasses of champagne to explore the deck- it was so romantic. as a server in this industry, i was extremely impressed. everything about the moshulu stood up to what i had heard about it, and i will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy anniversaryNarcan1Dined on 11/9/2014The ambience is like being on a cruise ship. Food was great. Anniversary card from the restaurant, good service and a waitress who knows the menu made for a great evening. I had the sward fish which was cooked and presidented perfectly, same with my wife's steak surprised how well the guacamole went so well with it. Desserts presented on plates with happy anniversary and a candle on each plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One and doneSaltyDined on 11/9/2014My friends and I first had a drink at the bar. Great drinks, excellent service. Very friendly bartenders. We were then seated for dinner. Comfortable chairs and a large table. Staff was excellent and very friendly. The food was so-so and way over priced. 4 scallops for $35. was a tad high. So, the experience was nice but we probably won't go back. One and Done.Special Features:
- We will be back ...owlNYCDined on 11/9/2014Came for brunch and had no expectations and we found the food to be quite good, great selection, tried to not overeat or overdrink (which was a bit difficult with the $10 all you can drink Champagne drinks option); our server was wonderful and attentive which is a bit unusual for a brunch place where you get up and get your own food at your own pace. Never felt rushed, very attentive, and had a good personality. I like the history of the ship and perhaps in warmer weather would like to eat up on the deck. The noise level right in the very center where they had live piano music was a bit too loud for my taste but we just asked to be seated a bit further away and it wasn't an issue. And very good value for what you can indulge in if you wish.Special Features:
- Great food better service.KickingitoldschoolDined on 11/8/2014Everything the server suggested or said was a good choice was. I had the Swordfish and it was perfect. Would go back again just for the server he was fun and had a good handle on everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Nightdinner4twoDined on 11/8/2014If your looking for a romantic setting, with great food than the Moshulu is the place for you. We had a fabulous dinner, Vincent our server was so good. I would highly recommend wether its a dinner for two or a group event you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Midget7Dined on 11/6/2014This was my first time going to this restaurant for my 11th wedding anniversary. The location of the restaurant was great with the scenic view. It was also very quite and romantic. The only thing that my husband and I dislike was the lack of food and mixed drink options on the menu. The Moshulu needs to have more of a selection.Special Features:
- Highly recommendjshshDined on 11/2/2014I would recommend this restaurant for not only an intimate dining experience, but a great place to go with friends 😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gretskygretskyDined on 11/2/2014Jake the Manager was amazing, he stopped by our table and since we were celebrating Birthdays he gave us a special plate with Happy Birthday written on it, the food was amazing and the service and atmosphere was wonderful.Special Features:
- The Biker TableScioleDined on 11/1/2014Our server was excellent ... she made the evning more delightful ... her name was LarkSpecial Features:
- Great food - good viewDamianDined on 11/1/2014First time. Food was very good. Service was equally good. We enjoyed the view. We come back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm on a BoatJoesHungry4RealDined on 10/28/2014Everybody look at me cause I'm sailing on a boat. Great food, great ambiance, service was terrific although the waiter seemed busy even though it was a pretty slow Tuesday night. Nonetheless, we had a great time celebrating.Special Features:
- Amazing Lemon Dessert!NewZagats2VIPDined on 10/26/2014That dessert keeps bringing us BACK!! That is HOW good it is!!!!… Their food is great too! … But that dessert makes us crave to come back!! GOOO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for our first anniversaryBostonhoonDined on 10/26/2014I went to Moshulu with my wife for our first wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. We went on a Sunday night so it was less crowded and we were able to see the sunset from our table. It was romantic, the service was excellent and the food delicious (I ordered sirloin steak and my wife swordfish). We also went to check out the deck above after our dinner. I would recommend this place for special occasions though since it's pricey and you're supposed to dress up a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- moshuluGeraldDined on 10/26/2014Outstanding service, fantasticly delectable dining, great views, & awesome ambiance. A must see / must do experience for Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I took my girlfriend out for her birthday. The food was outstanding and the service was a cut above the rest. Definitely a special occasion destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOUPENYADined on 10/25/2014THE FOOD WAS GOOD ALTHOUGH THE PORTIONS WERE EXTREMELY SMALL FOR THE PRICE. THERE WAS NO LIGHTING GOING DOWN THE STEPS WHEN LEAVING THE MOSHULU. THE STEPS ARE METAL AND THANK GOD IT WASN'T RAINING. THEY ARE VERY DANGEROUS AND SHOULD BE REPORTED. MY WIFE AND I ARE 68 YEARS OLD AND SUBJECT TO FALLING AND POSSIBLY BREAKING A HIP.Special Features:
- Just lovelyOmnivoreDined on 10/25/2014Great spot for a special lunch. Great setting. Very good food and service.Special Features:
- Historic and BreathtakingNathanDined on 10/22/2014I am 29 years old, and finally dinned at the Moshulu. For me it has been a long anticipated visit, since the last time I was there I was unborn, Quite literally. My parents dined their back in 1985 when they learned at the doctors office they were having twins, and went their that night 29 years ago to celebrate the joyous news. Finally I made my own trip marking success in love and life on my anniversary with my beloved. Food was spectacular, the cheese plate was life changing, and overall I can not wait to return again like a sea turtle returning to the beach it was born. Well done Moshulu, you are as breath taking and timeless as I have always known you to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningfuninPhiladelphiaDined on 10/22/2014We had Moshulu recommended by several friends and weren't disappointed. The service was prompt and attentive. The food was very good. The presentation was also good. The ambience of being on a four masted ship floating on the Delaware River was all we had hoped for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveHankDined on 10/21/2014We were very surprised with our overall experience at the Moshulu. From start to finish we were treated like Royalty. They provided such a memorable experience with several small touches for an Anniversary we will never forget! The food did not disappoint!!!! Thank YouSpecial Features:
- Big Boat!!!!SergeDined on 10/21/2014This place should be packed all the time! Our dinner was one of the best we have had in a long time. Desert was incredible. The service was on Par with some of the finest restaurants in NY. A special note: Jesse our bartender was both professional and hysterical. We probably would have stayed at the bar to dine, but we were celebrating a birthday.Special Features:
- jrfamilydiningDined on 10/19/2014Exceptional service, meal and presentation. . .engaging service, but not overdone. . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed itwickedwonderlandDined on 10/19/2014The champagne is no longer included, should have called first. They ran out of prime rib, it goes fast they say. Overall it was very tasty and the staff was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Icing on the CakeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Not only was the food delicious…we especially loved the Eggs Benedict, Smoked Salmon, Prime Rib and Lobster Bisque, the service was the icing on the cake. Speaking of cake, the dessert table was to die for especially the Creme Brûlée We certainly will be back for another special occasion. Our daughter, Ariel treated me for my birthday, and what a treat it was looking out onto the water while the piano played. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- ProfilemommafricaDined on 10/18/2014This place truly deserves 5* except for the fact that I'm a vegetarian of which shows on my profile and my Halibut was served with bacon. Because we went late it would have taken longer to recook another meal. The bacon was removed of course but its not supposed to touch the rest of any of the food. The waiter was reminded of this of which he joked: just push it to the side and no problem. Not funny because it is a problem. Must fast now from 3-5 days to clean out.Special Features:
- Amazing deserts!1NewZagatsGuideVIPDined on 10/18/2014The lemon dessert is the BEST and so is this bartender, Josiah!! … Kind soul! We came just for both reasons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I wanted to celebrate our first anniversary at a unique and romantic location. The food and service was just wonderful. I would highly recommend the tuna tartare. Our table was next to a window and we even had a wonderful view of the fireworks! It was a truly memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerCasualDinerDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful birthday dinner at Moshulu. The entrees were both excellent tasting, cooked to perfection, and hot. I had the bacon and blue cheese swordfish while my date had the haddock. The homemade honey butter was the perfect compliment for their dinner rolls. As an appropriate treat, the waiter brought a plate holding two truffles, a single candle and the words "Happy Birthday!" spelled out in chocolate drizzle to celebrate my date's birthday. No obnoxious singing by the wait staff. The only criticism, and it was very minor, was some confusion when we ordered our desserts. The waiter neglected to enter mine into the system and I had to wait several minutes for my dessert after my date's dessert arrived. Both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoshuluJennDined on 10/15/2014Everything was delicious. Service was great, our server was attentive but not overbearing. The only downfall was that we forgot our leftovers and the parking attendant would not allow us to pull back into the parking lot to run in and grab them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalHankDined on 10/14/2014We decided last minute to have a simple lunch at the Moshulu. We were treated like Royalty by their staff, and the food was just great! Our server, Rob, talked us into splitting a desert....Wow! Coconut pie the best! We def want to try dinner next time.Special Features:
- Food AfloatDaxioneDined on 10/13/2014A really nice place to go enjoy very fine dining and excellent food. Right on the water front, with a graet view of the battleship New Jersey. Our waiter was excellent and on the spot everytime, which is very uncommon in this day and age of fast food and horrible service. Hats off to the Moshulu for keeping a high standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Treat!feegfamilyDined on 10/12/2014The ambiance is hard to beat when dining on a historic schooner overlooking the Delaware River. The food and service has always been superb and the Sunday Brunch is no different. The live Jazz piano made it festive and a time to remember. Thanks Moshulu for never disappointing!Special Features:
- Great LocationLwmcquadeDined on 10/12/2014The setting is unique (genuine four masted sailing freighter) and the interior elegant. We visited for brunch and the food was excellent. Also have the run of the ship to check out and large horseshoe bars on each end which look like they would be awesome for a happy hour and to just grab a cocktail and relax on deck.Special Features: