401 South Columbus Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.moshulu.com/
- Phone: (215) 923-2500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM
Sunday Brunch 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Monday - Thursday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Bonett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: .
- Special Events: The Moshulu, the World’s oldest and largest four-masted Tall Ship offers unsurpassed views and a unique backdrop for intimate to extraordinary dining and celebrations. Our private dining rooms, outdoor open-aired and tented decks combined with delectable, award-wining American cuisine and impeccable service create the perfect setting for memorable events. Please contact Diane Megliano, Director of Sales at email@example.com.
A word from Moshulu
The Moshulu, the World’s oldest and largest four-masted Tall Ship offers the most unique dining experience featuring inspired award-wining, contemporary American cuisine using nature’s finest ingredients and impeccable service. The luxurious dining room, private dining rooms, Bongo Bar and outdoor open-aired and tented decks offer unsurpassed views for intimate to extraordinary dining and celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Moshulu - Best Restaurants in Penn's Landing ›
Moshulu reviews from OpenTable diners
272 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (197)scenic view (190)romantic (182)fit for foodies (88)notable wine list (67)good for groups (58)great for brunch (51)neighborhood gem (49)great for lunch (38)great for outdoor dining (35)late-night find (20)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- Birthday FunFunnyEDDined on 9/3/2014My wife has been wanting to go here for some time now and I finally took her on her Birthday, which turned out to be the perfect surprise. The hostess and wait-staff were incredibly attentive to any and all of our needs. They had a birthday card for my wife in her menu right at the start. The food was AMAZING! We ordered calamari as an appetizer with flavored squid ink garnish - very different and fun. Our entrees were scallops and swordfish and were fantastically cooked. The swordfish was melt-in-your-mouth tender! We skipped desert and alcohol as I had other plans for us, but they threw in a beautiful chocolate tray as complimentary desert! My wife couldn't have been happier. Very classy, very delicious, and right on the waterfront!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Subpar dining experience.JasonleeskinnerVIPDined on 9/1/2014Place is old & outdated. The service was slow & uninterested in being there. The food was mediocre at best. I wanted to try something different for our anniversary but I was sorry we did. We will not return!
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great food, came out very quickly. Always a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacularfoodie123Dined on 8/31/2014My boyfriend and I came here for his birthday and we honestly couldn't have been more blown away by the ambiance, food, and service. Our server Andrew, made us feel really special on a very special day. It was an absolutely outstanding experience. We'll most definitely be back to dine at the Moshulu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunchkt360Dined on 8/31/2014Possibly the best brunch I've ever had. Considering the fact that it's on an old ship with a great view and priced fairly, this brunch is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soJayCod01Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I had high hopes since the restaurant got such good ratings but it was a disappointment. Everything was average and there was not anything special about our experience or our meals. We got the Foie Gras and raw oysters as our appetizers but we have had much better elsewhere. My wife got the lamb for her entree and it was a little bit fatty and I got the swordfish which just tasted like any other piece of fish I have had. We shared the lemon cheesecake for dessert which was the highlight of the meal. We had a window seat so we had a niece view of Penn's Landing at least. Overall it was a very expensive meal to just get a mediocre dinner.Special Features:
- Annual Shared Birthday LunchCherylDined on 8/29/2014My neighbor and I had a marvelous experience at Moshulu! Our waiter was absolutely the best! He took us upstairs to the deck when we expressed an interest, brought us drinks and didn't rush us. We came back to the dining area and enjoyed a tasty lunch. The menu wasn't as diverse as I expected but the quality and preparation was good. My neighbor has pancreatic cancer and is presently in hospice. As this will probably be our last shared birthday, we couldn't have had a better experience. Thank you Moshulu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceKTfromDurangoDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I were in Philadelphia for a conference. Because our 32nd anniversary coincided with our visit, we decided to celebrate in style. I made reservations at The Moshulu and we weren't disappointed. They treated us to complementary champagne, a lovely card, and a special dessert. The food was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- not disappointedbriguyDined on 8/27/2014Friendly staff. Quality food. Nice setting. Great for pics afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So Brunch SelectionOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2014The service was excellent and attentive, the setting attractive. The variety of offerings was adequate, but the quality of food was merely average, and of course it is an all you can eat buffet. It's an OK place to go with a group when you want a special setting in Philadelphia.Special Features:
- Perfect Sunday afternoonIlove2eatDined on 8/24/2014Stopped by for Sunday brunch to see the piano player (20's 30's tunes). Food was fair, notable was the salmon perfectly not overlooked (not an easy thing for a buffet). Service a bit slow even though not terribly packed. piano player was the best part.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceSmc136Dined on 8/23/2014The food was good, had filet mignon, and boyfriend had crabcake, but very expensive for ok food (nothing that blew us away). Service was absolutely great, very attentive, quick with the food and drinks. The ambiance was nice for a date or special occasion, wish we could have sat on the side facing the river but still nice. Dress code was definitely nicer than we thought reading some of the other reviews. Overall very good, just a bit on the expensive side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceChanbyrdDined on 8/23/2014Our group had a wonderful time. The food was great and the service was excellent. I am looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10th wedding anniversary dinner10thAnniversaryBlissDined on 8/21/2014From the moment we walked in till we left, the service was excellent. The food was DELICIOUS!!! Beginning with the chefs complimentary appetizer of peppered hummus to the appetizer, then dinner and lastly dessert. There was not one thing I did not like. I give it 2 thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnobsimnobodyDined on 8/21/2014Besides the people around us complaining about every little thing. It was a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!PhotoSteveDined on 8/18/2014Great food. Great service. Perfect atmosphere. This place NEVER disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday At MushuluWhitneyPart1Dined on 8/17/2014Went with new girlfriend, her son, and a friend. Menu, as always, impressive and excellent. VERY minor disappointment that the first two wine selections were not available. She had oysters and the Calabreese for appetizer and lobster for dinner; raved the whole time. It was my birthday - a secret I did not want to reveal, but someone called you and you had a card waiting at the table, gave me a glass of champagne, and a special plate with chocolate (Thank you!). Toured the ship and took tons of pictures (she is a published photographer). Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for anniversary dinnerAnniversaryDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I chose Moshulu for our 29th wedding anniversary celebration. The setting was perfect. We wanted peaceful. That is was. We were seated by a window so we could see the water and boating activities. The food was all right. When we visit again, we will try something else. What we did not do, though, was to ask about the items that we ordered. The shrimp roll skewers were great. We ordered the rack of lamb and duck. We will not order those again. Our server, Cordell, was observant, available and warm. Overall, our visit was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere!IwasonaboatDined on 8/17/2014It was beautiful inside and perfect for our anniversary! The food wasn't exactly my favorite, but out waitress was lovely and affable. She even gave us a plate that said "happy anniversary" written In chocolate which was adorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mushulu Sunday buffet brunchcktchrDined on 8/17/2014I was at the Moshulu for their Sunday buffet brunch in April (2014). It was delightful. Due to the time of year, it wasn't crowded, which is always a plus. The food choices were numerous and varied. When I went again in August, I wasn't as impressed. There were less food choices, omelets were now special order and at an additional cost, and they ran out of foods. Mind you, they were very busy, but I still feel they should have enough replenishment of ALL offerings up until the brunch hours are over. (2:30) They had a piano player this time, who was very good, but personally I found it overbearing. One thing for sure, the service was once again impeccable. Overall, I still recommend The Moshulu.Special Features:
- Not GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Brunch was quite unimpressive. The food was seemed thrown together with little care, the fish was dry, the vegetables mushy, and they ran out of beef to carve. The positives were, the young man carving was very sweet, our server was great and the piano player was fantastic!!!! I did not try the desert as my appetite did not allow.Special Features:
- Geat brunch!!JessieDined on 8/17/2014Changed the menu up a little but we still loved it!! Great brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievablePhillyNativeDined on 8/16/2014The food was outrageous. Everything we ordered came out absolutely perfect. The service was fantastic although once the meal was over, we waited quite a while for the check. No complaints here though.Special Features:
- ReviewMikeDined on 8/16/2014Overall my mom and I had a nice dinner. The restaurant is very nice with a nice view looking at the Delaware river. My mother enjoyed her dinner, she had the sea scallops. But mine was fresh but would not recommend it. Start I had the steak tartar which had too many onions over powered the whole dish. For the main course I had the halibut. The dish is called a halibut BLT. Which does not go! The fish was dry. The tomato was to overpowering for the dish. And it had cooked lettuce as well.Special Features:
- extra effortOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I took my daughter there before the One Direction concert, and although chicken fingers were not on the menu at the bar, they made them for her, and it made the day extra special for her. Great staff great food great scenerySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014The food was great here, I am not sure that it's totally worth the price but you're paying a premium for the location. Sushi rolls were excellent, Wasabi was great, grilled Octopos was good put I would have cooked it differently, ceaser salad ok needs greener lettuce for the price, lobster bisque very good, veal was good but not fancy, its just breaded veal, my duck breast was good and the sauce was perfect, the burger was excellent! We were too full for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- going away dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014My family and I had a delicious meal and the scenic views were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Serviceeatingout8024Dined on 8/13/2014Expensive place, but good food, historical atmosphere, and amazing service. The food was really good, but not quite worth the prices charged. How many times do you get to be on a ship that was built in 1904 and has been around the horn of Africa 50+ times though? Our waitress was awesome and when she heard we were visiting Philly for the first time, she had the chef make a dessert with 4 small sorbet cups and 'Welcome to Philadelphia' written in chocolate on the plate for us for no charge! Our girls loved it! She made our night. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Not a fan of the $15 private parking I called in advance and informed the hostess it was my fiancee's birthday. I would think we would at least get a decent table, not crammed next to another couple. Service was fine. Food was okay. A bit overpriced in my opinion. I guess you are paying $$$ for dining in a big boat on the Delaware River.Special Features:
- readytodineVIPDined on 8/12/2014My husband I and have dined at the Moshulu many times and have enjoyed each one. For our most recent visit, I made reservations for my husband's birthday through Open Table. I noted in the special comments field that we would be celebrating his birthday. I cited his name and asked that his dessert plate be decorated with a birthday wish. We were seated by a window with a great view of the waterfront. When my husband opened his menu, he found a personalized birthday card from the Moshulu. Our meals and wine were fabulous...and on his dessert plate, Happy Birthday was written in chocolate. The waitstaff was attentive and pleasant. I would definitely recommend the Moshulu for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionAEL90Dined on 8/10/2014Service was top notch, food was very good. I would save this place for a special occasion as it can get pricey. The dress code is not as fancy as I thought. People were there in regular clothes. The old boat is very cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but...ExcellenteDined on 8/10/2014The experience was wonderful. Our first anniversary. I would of given it outstanding but for: made reservations for 5 didn't get seated until 5:20 tables not ready and the dessert menu was incorrect. On a personal note, for the price you would think there would be a dress code.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service but . . .TwoFoodiesDined on 8/10/2014When we arrived at Moshulu, they were not ready. We had to wait 20 minutes before they could take us in. Wasn't too thrilled with that. So we decided to go to the outside bar. One of the main drinks on their menu they didn't have. A little disappointing, but ok. We ordered drinks and thought we would take it back to one of the tables. The tables were filthy. So we headed back to the bar. Once they were ready for us, we then headed to our seats. One of the things on their main menu, they were all out of (how when the restaurant had just opened). We ordered our food, which was good, not great, but good. We were very happy with our server. When it was time to order dessert, one featured item was not available. So, it was good, but not great.
- Terrific BrunchJudePazDined on 8/10/2014We visited this restaurant on a Sunday and enjoyed a fabulous brunch. There was a large variety of excellent food. The desserts were excellent (crème brulee, chocolate fountain, cheesecake, cookies). There was also a beef and salmon carving stations. I would highly recommend this brunch for a special occasion. Our server was very attentive and full of information about the ship and Philadelphia.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our dinnerjtownmomDined on 8/9/2014I recently made a reservation for my husband and myself for a Saturday night dinner, primarily because we needed to be in the area to give a child a ride home after a concert in the area. We had a drink on the top deck, and the view was lovely. We are in our 50's and I noted that most of the patrons were 40+. It did not strike me as a place for younger people to have a date night. We were seated timely for our 9:00 reservation, and we ordered from the restaurant week menu. The food was good, attractively presented, and would have been a bit overpriced, if not for the promotion. Our server was attentive and pleasant. I noted that there were no wait staff at the deck bar-had to go to the bar to order.Special Features:
- very romanticRichDined on 8/9/2014This is a great place to take a date. They have a great wine selection and the food is absolutely amazing. A little on the pricey side but it's worth it.Special Features:
- Surprisingly Good!AmandaBVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was our first visit to Moshulu & we were prepared for the standard tourist trap of beautiful setting & mediocre food. We took the opportunity of a restaurant week deal to try it out. We were pleasantly surprised to find the food excellent. Everything we had was very tasty and obviously high quality. The portions were generous. The ship itself is fantastic, but the ambiance is a little confusing. It looks and feels like a fine dining restaurant, but very few people were dressed up. In fact, I would say that the majority were dressed down! The service was excellent - thanks Andrew! All in all we had a very enjoyable meal and think that it would be a good place to bring out of town visitors. Parking is $15 - park on Dock or Front St.Special Features:
- Wonderful AnniversaryWorldTravelerDined on 8/9/2014Had Anniversary dinner here, they made it very special with complimentary champagne and a lovely little card to commemorate the night. Waiter was exceptional and the whole evening was memorable. Beautiful décor, good food, unique experience. Highly recommend for romantic occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday DinnerNancyDined on 8/9/2014We went for my daughters' 25th birthday with their friends and enjoyed everything except the parking. Rather annoyed that we had to pay to park after spending $500 on dinner. They should deduct the parking fee for people who buy dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on a ShipilehnertVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food and the ambiance were great. We went for Night Out Restaurant Week - a 3-course prix fixe menu at $35. Otherwise, Moshulu is a bit pricey for frequent dining - but it's a great destination for special occasion. They have a great outdoor bar - but they do not serve their food outside, which is regrettable.Special Features: