401 South Columbus Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.moshulu.com/
- Phone: (215) 923-2500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM
Sunday Brunch 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Monday - Thursday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Bonett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: .
- Special Events: The Moshulu, the World’s oldest and largest four-masted Tall Ship offers unsurpassed views and a unique backdrop for intimate to extraordinary dining and celebrations. Our private dining rooms, outdoor open-aired and tented decks combined with delectable, award-wining American cuisine and impeccable service create the perfect setting for memorable events. Please contact Diane Megliano, Director of Sales at email@example.com.
A word from Moshulu
The Moshulu, the World’s oldest and largest four-masted Tall Ship offers the most unique dining experience featuring inspired award-wining, contemporary American cuisine using nature’s finest ingredients and impeccable service. The luxurious dining room, private dining rooms, Bongo Bar and outdoor open-aired and tented decks offer unsurpassed views for intimate to extraordinary dining and celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Moshulu - Best Restaurants in Penn's Landing ›
Moshulu reviews from OpenTable diners
261 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (189)scenic view (181)romantic (175)fit for foodies (85)notable wine list (64)good for groups (58)great for brunch (52)neighborhood gem (48)great for lunch (37)great for outdoor dining (33)late-night find (17)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- Not What it Used to BeLisa6796VIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I were very excited to spend our 1 yr anniversary here, but the menu had totally changed. The prices stayed high, but the food was on par with an Applebees type restaurant. We missed our traditional steak and seafood fare that we loved. My husband used to say that he had the best steak of his life here. From the bread to the deserts, everything was sub-par and had weird flavor combinations. Putting guacamole and tortilla chips on a fancy steak? Seriously? I loved the mac and cheese side before, but now it's a $13 bowl of Velveeta and noodles. The wedding reception DJ upstairs making the ship shake with his bass was just an added bonus to a very disappointing evening.
- food groupiesfood4meDined on 10/11/2014Very nice spot. On the pricey side but the food and service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in unusual settingBruceVIPDined on 10/10/2014It's not often that you get to eat in an old sail powered cargo ship- definitely a unique experience. The food and service was very good. Unlike many restaurants today, we were also able to hear each other talk. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- The Moshulu hmmmmm!!!SteakLoverDined on 10/7/2014This was my firs time visiting the Moshulu and I was not impressed besides the fact that I was eating on a ship with a vast amount of history. My fiancée returned her side twice, (The mac cheese and lobster and the asparagus). The burger I had was great cooked perfectly but that's what suppose to be done.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationbldbeachVIPDined on 10/6/2014We were a party of 5 family members celebrating Dad's 83rd birthday, and wanted a special treat. Dad doesn't get around so well anymore, but loves good food and the waterfront. Moshulu was the perfect choice, from our pre-dinner cocktails through dessert. Bartender, hostess and waitstaff were all kind, patient, knowledgable, and pleasantly attentive without being intrusive. We all enjoyed our evening and appreciated the delicious meal which was beautifully presented and the wonderful ambience of the ship.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simple celebrationrichDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I just wanted to celebrate without too much fanfare and preparation. We enjoyed ourselves, but the bill reflected our enjoyment. Make sure your wallet is full before you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Gem of PhiladelphiaJimandJoDined on 10/4/2014What a great place full of old world charm of a bygone era. The service was just outstanding and the food just great. One always to be on your list for eating out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with wife in October 2014WifebirthdayDined on 10/4/2014I'll make this quick. -The bread, filet mignon, dessert, wine and mixed drinks were great. -The scallop dish sucked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for entreeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014It was a busy Saturday night. Our drinks and appetizers were timely but we waited over 45 minutes for our entrees. The waitress was apologetic and very attentive.Special Features:
- AwesomeJohnny5Dined on 10/4/2014This was our second time dining at the Moshulu and it was better than the first time we went, awesome in every way. Happy 2nd Wedding Anniversary to us!!! See you soonSpecial Features:
- Nice placeRaviDined on 10/4/2014Great place for a special occasion lunch. Just the right amount of choices in the menu and a great dessert and cocktail list.Special Features:
- Good Time!Splash3300Dined on 10/1/2014I always enjoy going to te Moshulu. There's nothing like enjoying a great meal with a loved one! The wait staff is very friendly and has never disappointed me. Try the Tuna Burger!!Special Features:
- RedsDined on 9/28/2014I have been to the Moshulu multiple times. As time has progressed, the service has plummeted. This last visit is my final visit. The service was horrible. Sighting the waiter was like looking for the Yeti. In an upscale and pricey restaurant such as Moshulu, I expect the waiter to visit the table a couple of times during the meal. We had trouble even trying to flag him down. I could understand if the restaurant was busy but it definitely was not.
- Birthday BrunchFoodie82VIPDined on 9/28/2014This was my first time dining for Moshulu's brunch buffet and it was excellent I plan to visit again for my birthday.Special Features:
- ExcellentAnniversary1Dined on 9/27/2014The food was great the atmosphere was the waiter was great and my wife and I had such a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best serviceDaveDined on 9/27/2014Just want to say that Rob our server made our 20th anniversary extra special, very good waiter! Food was excellent, nice romantic setting and the whole staff did things to make our night special!Special Features:
- Food, Service and View was a 10AngelaDined on 9/27/2014We celebrated an anniversary dinner at the Moshulu on Saturday night. Our server was outstanding and the food came out steaming hot and perfectly timed. Could not have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The service was excellent. My view however was not on one side of the ship all you see out the window is the parjing lot. The food was good the duck fiogras is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent All AroundNickKDined on 9/25/2014We had a great anniversary dinner last Thursday, even though we had a 5 o'clock reservation and had to leave no later than 6:15 to get to a Flyers Hockey game we were happy with the pace of the meal and our waitress was outstanding, food and atmosphere was fantanstic. Being able to order flower ahead of time for my table was a nice special touch I was able to add that my wife just loved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShannonDined on 9/21/2014The Restuarant itself was very beautiful. The presentation of the food was good and it was delicious. I understand it was the "ambiance", but it was entirely too dark in there. We could not even read our menus. The bathroom was also very dark----a bit scary.Special Features:
- I would do it againMyThingDined on 9/21/2014We went to the Moshulu for Sunday brunch. We have been there before for dinner but this was our first brunch. I can't say enough good about this place. There was so much variety on the buffet that everyone was able to get things that they liked. Often a server can make a good meal bad but our server Andrew was just the opposite. He was attentive but not too much and he always seemed to anticipate our needs. One of the best servers I have had in some time. The drinks were a little pricey but not much more than one would expect for a downtown restaurant. The bargain in drinks is the endless champagne for 12 bucks they keep it coming. So if you are in Philly on a Sunday go and enjoy the brunch on the Moshulu.Special Features:
- Love this placeNikkiB912Dined on 9/20/2014I always enjoy this place. Had the crab cake and it was FANTASTIC!! They stop seething pretty late so good for a late dinner with friends or lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best anniversary everdaviscylDined on 9/19/2014Very few restaurants have left me an impression good enough to make me feel like writing a review for it, and due to my lazy nature(I bought a total of over 10,000 dollar worth goods on Amazon.com and zero reviews was written), I have never written a single serious restaurant review before Moshulu. But this one, I have to do it, because it's simply the best anniversary I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotRobCDined on 9/19/2014After wanting to go to the Mosholu for years now, we finally did, and it was worth it. Great service, very good food, loved the view of the river. Overall great night. Perfect for date night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/16/2014Terrible service went for my husband bday it took forever waiter was terrible could not even do the cake that we bought with us for two reason our reservation was 7:30 we didn't get our food till 9:15 it took 25 min to get a drink by the time we ate the tiny portion of scallops it was 9:45 so we took the cake home becuase they wanted to charge me a 3 dollar cutting fee on each piece they cut of the cake I bought with me ! I gave them a $50 dollar visa gift card they told me they could only take $40 of it? IV never heard of that. It was very disappointing I took my husband out becuase his mother is dying and it was his birthday and he needed a night away from it all and it turned out to be terrible. Very upset about it all.Special Features:
- Great as always!FoodieChicaDined on 9/14/2014Loved it... always do. Just a little disappointed that the "chocolate" fountain was taken away for Sunday Brunch. :( I loved that thing! Also, our server Lark was a gem! She was on top of things and always attentive to our needs! She needs to be cloned! Wish more restaurants had servers like her.... :) We will definitely ask for her for all our future visits. Awesome young lady!!!Special Features:
- Glad I finally got to try themfoddieontapDined on 9/14/2014Moshulu was just ok for brunch. We felt it was not a great selection for the price, not a great value. The peach pancakes were awesome, as were the desserts. The other food items were nothing special. The crab claws did not appear fresh. It was nice for a special occasion but fo $40 there are better options. They have a live piano player who plays ragtime. Warm Daddy's is a much better option, with live jazz and spectacular southern food with excellent flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu OptionsbrunchmunchDined on 9/14/2014We've been to Moshulu many times for brunch and have always enjoyed it. This time was no different, however, they have changed their menu presentation. Unlimited champagne included in the price used to be a great draw for us. The price for brunch has been lowered and a $12 charge for unlimited champagne has been offered. I understand that some people do not drink, but the 'unlimited champagne brunch' was a great hook. Also changed was that the entree items are on the brunch floor instead of being special ordered (except omelets). The entree selections used to be more gourmet. Now they are basically carved beef and salmon - very nice but mundane. We'll still go, but really loved the way it used to be. Also, $15 for parking is too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, poor atmosphereheidissDined on 9/13/2014I was very impressed with the food we ate at Moshulu. However, with an 8 pm reservation and still not seated at 8:20, I was disappointed in the service. Once seated -- at an extra large round table -- with 5 of us it was difficult to have a conversation because of how loud it was in the dining room. I might go back, but only if we're able to sit outside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSnobbishDined on 9/12/2014After reading other reviews, I was a little skeptical but was glad that I went. Parking was right across from the ship, I mean literally. I had on 4 inch heels and was worried I had to walk blocks. When we arrived we were seated immediately in a cozy booth. Our waitress was attentive but not annoying.. The wine list was notable and a little pricey, but that was expected. For appetizers, I had the oysters and my date had the ceviche. The presentation of the ceviche was nice and impressive. For dinner, I ordered the salmon and he ordered the Sea bass.. Everything was freshly prepared and perfect. Overall I was impressed..Special Features:
- servicepoflDined on 9/12/2014The overall experience was good but not too exiting. The service was not reflecting the high priced level. Our waitress spilled a glass of Champlain entirely over my daughter Of course she apologized but that was it. I would have expected the Manager to show up and to give us a kind of special treat, but that was it I found this a little poor but did not want to be the one to get this young girl fired. However a little overrated after all but still a nice place to go for a different experience. The food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedSergeDined on 9/11/2014We went in for lunch and were seated at a table with the best view. The service was sincere and knowledgeable, all while giving us our space. The food matched well and left us feeling most content. The ship is Historic and well taken care of. The parking fee, I could do with out.Special Features:
- OutstandingHankDined on 9/11/2014We had a terrific time taking in the history of Penns landing then finishing it off with a great meal and very pleasant service. The Moshulu is a must, you will be very impressed!!Special Features:
- DeliciousDevildog1775Dined on 9/10/2014First time dining here and it was amazing. The food was excellent, our server was on point with everything and very friendly. I definitely recommend this place to others and also looking forward to going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good timeMPCCAQDined on 9/10/2014Had a good time with family. Loved the place and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was just ok.kaboomDined on 9/6/2014I took my wife here to celebrate our new marriage. We were seated quickly in a quiet spot towards the back, with a window seat. Our server was fairly quick, and nice. The ambiance was ok, not what I thought it would be. There was a party or two upstairs, so music could he heard. That took away from the intimate setting we were looking for. The food was good, just not what we expected. It didn't sweep us off our feet like we imagined. In the middle of our dinner, they sat a large party next to us. This party was really loud, so that took away even more from our celebration. Overall, the Moshulu was just an ok experience, but I would recommend it to friends. I will try it again one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014It has been along time since me and my wife had dinner at your establishment it was our anniversary and you didn't disappoint waiter was friendly food was good and waiter recognized it was our anniversary and brought out a nice happy anniversary plate at the end of our meal what a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurantPieLifeDined on 9/6/2014Booked a 5:00 reservation on a Saturday for my boyfriends birthday (5:00 because I knew he would be antsy all day to see this surprise place I was taking him to and didn't want to make him wait too long) Food was amazing service was great the ambience is wonderful. Yes the boat is old so everything in it is old but that's what you expect walking into a ship from 1904! I got the scallops & gnocchi and the plate was small (as expected from any high end restaurant) it was very tasteful. He got the swordfish which neither of us have ever tried swordfish and it was amazing!! The ONLY downfall was we went there at 4 hoping to enjoy the rooftop bar for a whole before dinner and it was closed due to a wedding. Definitely recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How is the food actually good?mafalzonDined on 9/4/2014Places this breathtaking, simply put, don't need good food or competitive prices. They have the visuals that make up for it. Moshulu breaks the mold, for some reason, in that the food is absolutely worth while. If this was a hole-in-the wall place it'd still be worth going to. I never though this would be a place that I would come back to even for more casual meals. Very impressed with the Calamari (one of the best I've had) and the Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake. Prices are also not over inflated. So long as their Chef sticks around, I will be returning to this place often when I am in the PHL area.Special Features:
- Very niceJaniceDined on 9/4/2014We had a nice lunch at Moshulu, but service wasn't the best. It took about an hour to get our entrees. Luckily there were some yummy warm rolls to munch on while we waited. The food was good, but we didn't see much of our server throughout the whole time we were there. We had requested she give us two checks when we first ordered, but she forgot and just brought one at the end of our meal. Now the only male in our group felt obligated to pay the total bill. This was really embarrassing. She reluctantly took back the bill, but came back with three separate checks. I don't know what she was thinking. Bottomline, the food and atmosphere were very good at the Moshulu, but service was definitely disappointing.Special Features: