401 South Columbus Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.moshulu.com/
- Phone: 2159232500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM
Sunday Brunch 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Monday - Thursday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Bonett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: .
- Special Events: The Moshulu, the World’s oldest and largest four-masted Tall Ship offers unsurpassed views and a unique backdrop for intimate to extraordinary dining and celebrations. Our private dining rooms, outdoor open-aired and tented decks combined with delectable, award-wining American cuisine and impeccable service create the perfect setting for memorable events. Please contact Diane Megliano, Director of Sales at email@example.com.
A word from Moshulu
The Moshulu, the World’s oldest and largest four-masted Tall Ship offers the most unique dining experience featuring inspired award-wining, contemporary American cuisine using nature’s finest ingredients and impeccable service. The luxurious dining room, private dining rooms, Bongo Bar and outdoor open-aired and tented decks offer unsurpassed views for intimate to extraordinary dining and celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Moshulu - Best Restaurants in Penn's Landing ›
Moshulu reviews from OpenTable diners
305 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (220)special occasion (219)romantic (208)fit for foodies (90)notable wine list (79)good for groups (61)great for brunch (55)neighborhood gem (46)great for lunch (43)great for outdoor dining (43)late-night find (23)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014Exceptional service, meal and presentation. . .engaging service, but not overdone. . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The champagne is no longer included, should have called first. They ran out of prime rib, it goes fast they say. Overall it was very tasty and the staff was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProfilemommafricaDined on 10/18/2014This place truly deserves 5* except for the fact that I'm a vegetarian of which shows on my profile and my Halibut was served with bacon. Because we went late it would have taken longer to recook another meal. The bacon was removed of course but its not supposed to touch the rest of any of the food. The waiter was reminded of this of which he joked: just push it to the side and no problem. Not funny because it is a problem. Must fast now from 3-5 days to clean out.Special Features:
- First wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I wanted to celebrate our first anniversary at a unique and romantic location. The food and service was just wonderful. I would highly recommend the tuna tartare. Our table was next to a window and we even had a wonderful view of the fireworks! It was a truly memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerCasualDinerDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful birthday dinner at Moshulu. The entrees were both excellent tasting, cooked to perfection, and hot. I had the bacon and blue cheese swordfish while my date had the haddock. The homemade honey butter was the perfect compliment for their dinner rolls. As an appropriate treat, the waiter brought a plate holding two truffles, a single candle and the words "Happy Birthday!" spelled out in chocolate drizzle to celebrate my date's birthday. No obnoxious singing by the wait staff. The only criticism, and it was very minor, was some confusion when we ordered our desserts. The waiter neglected to enter mine into the system and I had to wait several minutes for my dessert after my date's dessert arrived. Both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoshuluJennDined on 10/15/2014Everything was delicious. Service was great, our server was attentive but not overbearing. The only downfall was that we forgot our leftovers and the parking attendant would not allow us to pull back into the parking lot to run in and grab them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalHankDined on 10/14/2014We decided last minute to have a simple lunch at the Moshulu. We were treated like Royalty by their staff, and the food was just great! Our server, Rob, talked us into splitting a desert....Wow! Coconut pie the best! We def want to try dinner next time.Special Features:
- Food AfloatDaxioneDined on 10/13/2014A really nice place to go enjoy very fine dining and excellent food. Right on the water front, with a graet view of the battleship New Jersey. Our waiter was excellent and on the spot everytime, which is very uncommon in this day and age of fast food and horrible service. Hats off to the Moshulu for keeping a high standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Treat!feegfamilyDined on 10/12/2014The ambiance is hard to beat when dining on a historic schooner overlooking the Delaware River. The food and service has always been superb and the Sunday Brunch is no different. The live Jazz piano made it festive and a time to remember. Thanks Moshulu for never disappointing!Special Features:
- Great LocationLwmcquadeDined on 10/12/2014The setting is unique (genuine four masted sailing freighter) and the interior elegant. We visited for brunch and the food was excellent. Also have the run of the ship to check out and large horseshoe bars on each end which look like they would be awesome for a happy hour and to just grab a cocktail and relax on deck.Special Features:
- Not What it Used to BeLisa6796VIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I were very excited to spend our 1 yr anniversary here, but the menu had totally changed. The prices stayed high, but the food was on par with an Applebees type restaurant. We missed our traditional steak and seafood fare that we loved. My husband used to say that he had the best steak of his life here. From the bread to the deserts, everything was sub-par and had weird flavor combinations. Putting guacamole and tortilla chips on a fancy steak? Seriously? I loved the mac and cheese side before, but now it's a $13 bowl of Velveeta and noodles. The wedding reception DJ upstairs making the ship shake with his bass was just an added bonus to a very disappointing evening.
- food groupiesfood4meDined on 10/11/2014Very nice spot. On the pricey side but the food and service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in unusual settingBruceVIPDined on 10/10/2014It's not often that you get to eat in an old sail powered cargo ship- definitely a unique experience. The food and service was very good. Unlike many restaurants today, we were also able to hear each other talk. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- The Moshulu hmmmmm!!!SteakLoverDined on 10/7/2014This was my firs time visiting the Moshulu and I was not impressed besides the fact that I was eating on a ship with a vast amount of history. My fiancée returned her side twice, (The mac cheese and lobster and the asparagus). The burger I had was great cooked perfectly but that's what suppose to be done.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationbldbeachVIPDined on 10/6/2014We were a party of 5 family members celebrating Dad's 83rd birthday, and wanted a special treat. Dad doesn't get around so well anymore, but loves good food and the waterfront. Moshulu was the perfect choice, from our pre-dinner cocktails through dessert. Bartender, hostess and waitstaff were all kind, patient, knowledgable, and pleasantly attentive without being intrusive. We all enjoyed our evening and appreciated the delicious meal which was beautifully presented and the wonderful ambience of the ship.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simple celebrationrichDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I just wanted to celebrate without too much fanfare and preparation. We enjoyed ourselves, but the bill reflected our enjoyment. Make sure your wallet is full before you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Gem of PhiladelphiaJimandJoDined on 10/4/2014What a great place full of old world charm of a bygone era. The service was just outstanding and the food just great. One always to be on your list for eating out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with wife in October 2014WifebirthdayDined on 10/4/2014I'll make this quick. -The bread, filet mignon, dessert, wine and mixed drinks were great. -The scallop dish sucked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for entreeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014It was a busy Saturday night. Our drinks and appetizers were timely but we waited over 45 minutes for our entrees. The waitress was apologetic and very attentive.Special Features:
- AwesomeJohnny5Dined on 10/4/2014This was our second time dining at the Moshulu and it was better than the first time we went, awesome in every way. Happy 2nd Wedding Anniversary to us!!! See you soonSpecial Features:
- Nice placeRaviDined on 10/4/2014Great place for a special occasion lunch. Just the right amount of choices in the menu and a great dessert and cocktail list.Special Features:
- Good Time!Splash3300Dined on 10/1/2014I always enjoy going to te Moshulu. There's nothing like enjoying a great meal with a loved one! The wait staff is very friendly and has never disappointed me. Try the Tuna Burger!!Special Features:
- RedsDined on 9/28/2014I have been to the Moshulu multiple times. As time has progressed, the service has plummeted. This last visit is my final visit. The service was horrible. Sighting the waiter was like looking for the Yeti. In an upscale and pricey restaurant such as Moshulu, I expect the waiter to visit the table a couple of times during the meal. We had trouble even trying to flag him down. I could understand if the restaurant was busy but it definitely was not.
- Birthday BrunchFoodie82VIPDined on 9/28/2014This was my first time dining for Moshulu's brunch buffet and it was excellent I plan to visit again for my birthday.Special Features:
- ExcellentAnniversary1Dined on 9/27/2014The food was great the atmosphere was the waiter was great and my wife and I had such a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best serviceDaveDined on 9/27/2014Just want to say that Rob our server made our 20th anniversary extra special, very good waiter! Food was excellent, nice romantic setting and the whole staff did things to make our night special!Special Features:
- Food, Service and View was a 10AngelaDined on 9/27/2014We celebrated an anniversary dinner at the Moshulu on Saturday night. Our server was outstanding and the food came out steaming hot and perfectly timed. Could not have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The service was excellent. My view however was not on one side of the ship all you see out the window is the parjing lot. The food was good the duck fiogras is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent All AroundNickKDined on 9/25/2014We had a great anniversary dinner last Thursday, even though we had a 5 o'clock reservation and had to leave no later than 6:15 to get to a Flyers Hockey game we were happy with the pace of the meal and our waitress was outstanding, food and atmosphere was fantanstic. Being able to order flower ahead of time for my table was a nice special touch I was able to add that my wife just loved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShannonDined on 9/21/2014The Restuarant itself was very beautiful. The presentation of the food was good and it was delicious. I understand it was the "ambiance", but it was entirely too dark in there. We could not even read our menus. The bathroom was also very dark----a bit scary.Special Features:
- I would do it againMyThingDined on 9/21/2014We went to the Moshulu for Sunday brunch. We have been there before for dinner but this was our first brunch. I can't say enough good about this place. There was so much variety on the buffet that everyone was able to get things that they liked. Often a server can make a good meal bad but our server Andrew was just the opposite. He was attentive but not too much and he always seemed to anticipate our needs. One of the best servers I have had in some time. The drinks were a little pricey but not much more than one would expect for a downtown restaurant. The bargain in drinks is the endless champagne for 12 bucks they keep it coming. So if you are in Philly on a Sunday go and enjoy the brunch on the Moshulu.Special Features:
- Love this placeNikkiB912Dined on 9/20/2014I always enjoy this place. Had the crab cake and it was FANTASTIC!! They stop seething pretty late so good for a late dinner with friends or lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best anniversary everdaviscylDined on 9/19/2014Very few restaurants have left me an impression good enough to make me feel like writing a review for it, and due to my lazy nature(I bought a total of over 10,000 dollar worth goods on Amazon.com and zero reviews was written), I have never written a single serious restaurant review before Moshulu. But this one, I have to do it, because it's simply the best anniversary I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotRobCDined on 9/19/2014After wanting to go to the Mosholu for years now, we finally did, and it was worth it. Great service, very good food, loved the view of the river. Overall great night. Perfect for date night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/16/2014Terrible service went for my husband bday it took forever waiter was terrible could not even do the cake that we bought with us for two reason our reservation was 7:30 we didn't get our food till 9:15 it took 25 min to get a drink by the time we ate the tiny portion of scallops it was 9:45 so we took the cake home becuase they wanted to charge me a 3 dollar cutting fee on each piece they cut of the cake I bought with me ! I gave them a $50 dollar visa gift card they told me they could only take $40 of it? IV never heard of that. It was very disappointing I took my husband out becuase his mother is dying and it was his birthday and he needed a night away from it all and it turned out to be terrible. Very upset about it all.Special Features:
- Great as always!FoodieChicaDined on 9/14/2014Loved it... always do. Just a little disappointed that the "chocolate" fountain was taken away for Sunday Brunch. :( I loved that thing! Also, our server Lark was a gem! She was on top of things and always attentive to our needs! She needs to be cloned! Wish more restaurants had servers like her.... :) We will definitely ask for her for all our future visits. Awesome young lady!!!Special Features:
- Glad I finally got to try themfoddieontapDined on 9/14/2014Moshulu was just ok for brunch. We felt it was not a great selection for the price, not a great value. The peach pancakes were awesome, as were the desserts. The other food items were nothing special. The crab claws did not appear fresh. It was nice for a special occasion but fo $40 there are better options. They have a live piano player who plays ragtime. Warm Daddy's is a much better option, with live jazz and spectacular southern food with excellent flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu OptionsbrunchmunchDined on 9/14/2014We've been to Moshulu many times for brunch and have always enjoyed it. This time was no different, however, they have changed their menu presentation. Unlimited champagne included in the price used to be a great draw for us. The price for brunch has been lowered and a $12 charge for unlimited champagne has been offered. I understand that some people do not drink, but the 'unlimited champagne brunch' was a great hook. Also changed was that the entree items are on the brunch floor instead of being special ordered (except omelets). The entree selections used to be more gourmet. Now they are basically carved beef and salmon - very nice but mundane. We'll still go, but really loved the way it used to be. Also, $15 for parking is too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, poor atmosphereheidissDined on 9/13/2014I was very impressed with the food we ate at Moshulu. However, with an 8 pm reservation and still not seated at 8:20, I was disappointed in the service. Once seated -- at an extra large round table -- with 5 of us it was difficult to have a conversation because of how loud it was in the dining room. I might go back, but only if we're able to sit outside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSnobbishDined on 9/12/2014After reading other reviews, I was a little skeptical but was glad that I went. Parking was right across from the ship, I mean literally. I had on 4 inch heels and was worried I had to walk blocks. When we arrived we were seated immediately in a cozy booth. Our waitress was attentive but not annoying.. The wine list was notable and a little pricey, but that was expected. For appetizers, I had the oysters and my date had the ceviche. The presentation of the ceviche was nice and impressive. For dinner, I ordered the salmon and he ordered the Sea bass.. Everything was freshly prepared and perfect. Overall I was impressed..Special Features: