Moshi Moshi Sushi
5324 Ballard Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107Neighborhood:
Ballard / Fremont
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Moshi Moshi Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.moremoshi.com/
- Phone: 2069717424x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 12:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 12:00pm - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Yakitori, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have many different options available for private parties, small or large! Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Liliana 2069717424x
A word from Moshi Moshi Sushi
Moshi Moshi Sushi is a full service Japanese restaurant in the heart of Old Ballard. We specialize in traditional Japanese Sushi and Cuisine, using the highest quality fish and products available. We have an extensive hand-crafted cocktail program along with sake, beer and wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Moshi Moshi Sushi - Best Restaurants in Ballard / Fremont ›
Moshi Moshi Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (4)romantic (3)hot spot (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Although reserved, the table was taken when we arrived on time. Was offered bar table and my date declined. Informed booth would take an hour wait, thus we took bar table. After order was taken, they offered us a much better seating upstairs, which we took. They scored a few points on customer service as they have done so respectably. Sat through two water glasses and some silly chopsticks as fangs stunts just to pass the time by, it turned out our order was lost just because we were moved upstairs. Plenty others who arrived after us got their food before we did. Food was fabulous, but maybe because we were starving? It was when we got the bill that we were disappointed as I believe they should've compensated somehow for their mess up.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiPie4meDined on 9/18/2014This is a great restaurant for sushi lovers. The fish was fresh and the rolls were creative and delicious. They will make custom rolls if you ask. The service was attentive and friendly. If you book online tell them if you have minors in your party. They have limited space and some seating in the bar. They had a booth in the bar set up for us but since we arrived with kids they opened the upstairs. It was great up there, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I have been eating at Moshi Moshi since it opened. It's my favorite sushi restaurant in Ballard. I recommend the California Crunch Roll, so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6 top funolympicmarinesaviorsDined on 9/12/2014had a blast here with 5 friends, love the LED treeSpecial Features:
- Very well donehuahineDined on 9/2/2014We were invited here by friends who enjoy sushi very much and were very pleased with what we ate. I am a big sashimi fan and liked my bluefin tuna very much. My wife loves the black cod served here. All in all, a very pleasant experienceSpecial Features:
- Great Sushi and Rolls! Very FreshMalissaDined on 8/2/2014I have eaten at the restaurant twice now and both times I was very impressed by the quality of the fish. I went for happy hour the first time, there were a lot of choices at a reasonable price and the second was for dinner. The specialty rolls and sushi are fresh light and of the highest quality. A very good sushi restaurant in Ballard!Special Features:
- Just okaymainerDined on 7/13/2014Sushi was okay but lacked the presentation we appreciate in outstanding sushi restaurants. Soy sauce pitcher was empty when we went to use it. The best part of the meal was the cookie roll dessert.Special Features:
- delishTreaCDined on 7/6/2014I loved the Geisha roll and the Green Garden roll the most out of everything we ordered. Our server was terrific and even comped us the sushi ice cream roll since it was my son's birthday. It was our first time there and had a lovely window table with only about 1 hour notice. We had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes you love SushiAudieSamDined on 6/26/2014We had a guest come in from out of town and wanted to show them around our local neighborhood. Moshi Moshi provides Sushi that is as a beautiful as it is delicious. The variety of sushi options to order from has something for everyone. The setup inside is great, it's spacious and open yet there is still an intimate feel once you sit down. Price point isn't the most affordable but the quality of food is more than worth it. Sophie San Roll and the Golden Garden roll are mouth watering!Special Features:
- Greeat Sushi Dinner in BallardanonDined on 6/13/2014Got a reservation about an hour before we arrived. The hostess called 10 minutes before our reservation and stated that our table was a few minutes behind, therefore we arrived late. At that time, the table was ready. Perfect timing with the advanced notice. Sat down and they immediately brought waters while we waited for our server. Our server then recommended some drinks and her favorite rolls. We ordered the items. My one complaint was that for how busy the bar was (not that busy), the drinks took a really long time. But they were excellent quality and made deliciously. Then The food came out, and all of it was really great quality. Wasn't in love with the Moshi Moshi roll. But that's just me. Recommend the restaurant. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in SeattleAnonDined on 6/4/2014Sushi is great and fresh - will keep coming back. Everything we've had there is fantastic.Special Features:
- Great sushi!!KMcGinnisDined on 5/30/2014Had a great dinner at Moshi Moshi in Ballard before hitting up a movie down the street. Enjoyed some dumplings and a few sushi rolls - delicious! The atmosphere was nice, service was great & I'll definitely be going back there.Special Features:
- The following 179 reviews are from the Moshi Moshi Sushi reviews archive.
- Moshi Moshi always does it right!chloeVIPDined on 5/12/2014Great menu, rolls, drinks, and service. They don't try too hard to over complicate things. Just the right lbalance of creativity and quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!StevieJayDined on 4/26/2014Sushi is great! Neighborhood is good as well! No issues! 3rd time to Moshi Moshi and the experience is very pleasant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious sushi, friendly serviceMegsterEatsDined on 4/23/2014Went here on date night with my boyfriend, we were mildly disappointed to be sat next to a table with young children, not as romantic as we'd hoped, but the service was great and the food was delicious! I'd definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishfoodpnwDined on 4/19/2014Went there for happy hour with a friend a long time ago, it was great then! When I needed a location for my birthday this year, they were there! Love the option to make reservations on OpenTable. Food was phenomenal, really good rolls, good wine & cocktails, and the decor is gorgeous. Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryTerryDined on 4/7/2014Excellent food. Sometimes it is too noisy and it's difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesLizBDined on 4/3/2014Glad we visited - great food and service. Pretty place with relaxed atmosphere on a great street in Ballard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with familyshelsterDined on 3/1/2014While the restaurant food, service and ambience is fine what was really disappointing was there was a nail sticking out of the bench seat which lead to two big holes in a very expensive pair of pants. The server and the hostess were not phased by it at all. Their response was thanks for letting us know. A sincere apology from management with a gesture for make good would have gone a long ways to building customer loyalty. Disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Light and deliciousSteeterDined on 2/28/2014I love Moshi Moshi sushi. Their rolls are light and fresh. When I go for sushi I don't want tempura or seared anything, I like the more simple sushi and sashimi and Moshi does a great job with that (they have more elaborate rolls too but everything tends to be on the lighter side). I imagine Moshi sushi being more 'traditional' sushi than the fried rolls with cream cheese types. Their wild sockeye sashimi is amazing along with the Geisha roll. I don't think I could go to Moshi and not order those two things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!k2843Dined on 2/22/2014Our server was amazing. He was attentive without being overbearing. He gave some great recommendations on what to order based on our interests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we are sushi lovers the sushioncethenDined on 5/25/2012we are sushi lovers the sushi here is on the good to better side of what we have eaten in Seattle
- A small restaurant with aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2012A small restaurant with a 'lovely large decorated with lights tree' in the middle - pleasant ambiance and great food. Prices were reasonable for the quality. I liked it very much. And thanks to the waitress for constantly filling my water glass; sounds like a silly comment but much appreciated with sushi.Special Features:
- The cherry tree in the middleIj2sDined on 5/12/2012The cherry tree in the middle is spectacular to stare at, but the sushi itself was wonderful too. We did the chef's choice and for $45 got some amazing sushi and some okay sushi for 3. Over all a great Saturday night out with good friends.Special Features:
- Fresh and tasty seafood!emeraldDined on 5/2/2012Executive chef was outstanding! He knew about how to treat fish, so he cooked well with his excellent skills. Their services were excellent! We really enjoyed Omakase course.Special Features:
- The sushi was awesome andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2012The sushi was awesome and so was the wine list! Not many Japanese / sushi restaurants do this well; Moshi Moshi does. Our server was excellent and had a smile on her face which is refreshing as well! The Geisha Roll was outstanding! Oh yeah, loved the cherry blossom tree in the middle of the restaurant! Great feel to the room! A great experience I will definately be back.Special Features:
- Ambience was good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/14/2012Ambience was good, but the fish was not very fresh. Would not recommend over other options in Ballard.
- Most sushi places will giveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2012Most sushi places will give ~6 - 8 pieces per roll, for whatever reason this place gives 4. The pepper infused tequila cocktail was delicious, as was the yakisoba. Hard to compete with Shiku next door, however; I appreciate the atmosphere at Moshi Moshi more.Special Features:
- Very authentic Japanese food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2012Very authentic Japanese food! Chefs are friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends definitely !Special Features:
- Fabulous as Always!BallarditeVIPDined on 3/29/2012Moshi Moshi never fails to satisfy my sushi cravings! The service was stellar, the menu varied and affordable, and the food, well it was outstanding. I love being in the restaurant when it's dark out, as the pink lights on the indoor tree are always a delight to see.Special Features:
- The sashimi plate was nice.ILoveFrenchCuisineDined on 3/21/2012The sashimi plate was nice. Our table for three enjoyed our meals, but it was not anything special. It's great that it's in Ballard.Special Features:
- I took my 19 year old daughterHungryDined on 3/17/2012I took my 19 year old daughter and 10 year old son. All of us found something very good to eat. My son said their version of chicken Teriyaki was the best (different than most places) he's had. The cookie roll dessert was fabulous. Enough for the three of us to eat alone.Special Features:
- Moshi Moshi Sushi has someOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2012Moshi Moshi Sushi has some good sushi, however, it seems to be a bit overpriced. There are better places for sushi in the City that are not as expensive.
- Great spot. My wife and IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012Great spot. My wife and I have been to Moshi Moshi a couple of times and have not been disappointed. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great place to get your sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2012Great place to get your sushi start. Order the Chef 's choice to expand your known sushi world. I loved it. Worth our two hour trip for great sushi.Special Features:
- Moshi Moshi Sushi continuesballarditeDined on 2/4/2012Moshi Moshi Sushi continues to excel at everything it does. You won't find better sushi and sashimi anywhere in Seattle. The service was outstanding even on a busy Saturday night, and the ambiance is wonderful. Perfect subtle music, and a spectacular cherry blossom tree of pink lights forming the centerpiece of the two-story restaurant.Special Features:
- never coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/3/2012Terrible service, the kitchen forgot to make half my order and it took 35 mins between dishes. AWFUL
- First time there. I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/30/2012First time there. I would definitely go back. My friend ordered nigiri and was brought sashimi, but it wasn't a big deal. Friendly staff, excellent cocktails, good atmosphere.
- 3 out of 4 in group said itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/29/20123 out of 4 in group said it was the best sushi they had ever eaten outside of Japan.Special Features:
- Had not eaten sushi in a longOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012Had not eaten sushi in a long time and this was a great place to get back to enjoying it. Knowledgeable waitress who gave us some helpful suggestions. Really liked the spinach/asparagus and eggplant appetizers too. Will definitely go back for more fish and to try some of the grilled beef items.Special Features: