Moscato - Scarsdale
874 Scarsdale Avenue
Scarsdale, NY 10583Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Moscato - Scarsdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.moscatorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (914) 723-5700
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chef Alfonso
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can custom design special menu's to meet you culinary and budgetary needs ot your group function.
A word from Moscato - Scarsdale
Moscato, opened its doors in the summer of 2000. Located in beautiful Downtown Scarsdale, N.Y and is affiliated with Lusardi"s, Chat American Grill and Chat 19. All owned by the Mario Fava Restaurant Group. Moscato is a contemporary Italian Trattoria serving lunch, brunch, and dinner. Moscato offers a wide range of fresh homemade pastas, wild caught seafood, and a variety of authentic Italian favorites. Moscato opens 7 days a week 11:30am and serves through all meal periods. Moscato's kitchen also offers late evening dining nightly. The restaurant is located adjacent to the Scarsdale Metro North Train Station which is the heart of downtown Scarsdale.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Moscato - Scarsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (26)good for groups (20)romantic (20)great for lunch (17)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (9)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- lovetoeatDined on 11/11/2014Consistently delicious! Wonderful, attentive and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectSmittyDined on 11/11/2014Every time I leave Moscato I think I should come here more often. Fresh pasta appetizers are divine and the Almond Bronzino could not be better. My only disappointment was the misnamed chocolate lava which was more like a mini bundt cake with hot fudge poured in center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it!tywoDined on 11/11/2014Fresh ingredients prepared with care, busy but solicitous service, a civilized place to enjoy a meal with friends -- combine to make this a great place to dine. This is not a place for culinary innovation, rather for culinary comfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent!RoRoVIPDined on 11/8/2014We invited friends to join us for their first visit to Moscato. Our meals were delicious. The veal rollatini special had wonderful flavor, however the meat could have been more tender. The service was excellent and staff were welcoming and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant!JaneDined on 11/7/2014Food is wonderful.... Service is perfect, responsive waiters but not hovering.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/3/2014My only complaint is that we went during restaurant week. The food and service were great. They offered coffee or tea with dessert. My girlfriend doesn't drink regular Lipton tea, which was served. She asked if there was another type of tea or a "tea box" she could choose from. She was told those teas are not offered with the restaurant week option. I find that really ridiculous and it soured our otherwise lovely evening. How much does a tea bag cost?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent Food and service. Noise level a bit too high after 8.30 pm on a Saturday. Tables a bit too close.Special Features:
- great restaurantScarsdalefoodiesVIPDined on 11/1/2014food was amazing, pork chop was the best I have ever tasted! The restaurant should take more notice of allergies. I told the waiter I was allergic to dairy and asked if my starter had cheese, he said no. The starter arrived with a slice of cheese on top of the salad!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/9/2014We had a family birthday dinner with 8 people. Very nice service and good food. Great neighborhood place.Special Features:
- SABRINADined on 10/4/2014The food, service and ambiance was excellent. We would recommend your restaurant to our family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diamondVIPDined on 9/17/2014The evening was a success. We took a friend to dinner and she was very happy with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CariOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Wonderful dinner, service & ambience. They make you feel like you are the only table occupied there. Love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CitychickVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food was wonderful (duck ragu over perfectly cooked pasta) even though there was a significant crowd (given that it was a Friday night). Very noisy as well (but again, a crowded evening). We will return.Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/1/2014We have Moscato regulars since it opened. We always enjoy the food and find the service to be friendly and very good. In addition to a diverse menu, they always have some interesting specials, where I tend to find (among other things) interesting and delicious salads, pasta and seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food, very pleasant setting, not too loud. We'll be back! But would much prefer that the many specials be written down, with prices. The server reeled off a long list and never mentioned a price, and it makes the customer feel awkward to have to ask--which you shouldn't have to do.Special Features:
- A perfect place for a quiet lunchKay76Dined on 8/29/2014Good food, delightful, simple ambiance and nice wine list. Not many diners at lunch (but perhaps because it was the end of August), so service was attentive without being bothersome. I would definitely plan on lunch there in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good All AroundArmandDined on 8/16/2014Every thing about this restaurant was very good. My only problem was the menu indicated there was salmon but didn't specify wild salmon which is my preference. The waiter assured me it was wild and I ordered it but was never wholly convinced. If is really was wild why wouldn't the say so since it is more expensive.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014We enjoyed our dinner. But, we're a little disappointed that the on-line menu was not up to date. Two of the dishes we were looking forward to ordering were not available. The restaurant was apologetic, but we feel they should be more with it! Otherwise, an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- HospitableWendysWordsVIPDined on 8/1/2014Lovely greeting from host and staff. Friendly atmosphere. Very good foodSpecial Features:
- NancyWestchesterDined on 8/1/2014Food and service are consistently good. Can always count on it for a delicious meal!Special Features:
- The following 105 reviews are from the Moscato - Scarsdale reviews archive.
- Good not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/30/2014Although we really would like to frequent Moscato regularly as we dine out very often and live nearby, the food is although good in quality, is very uninspired and boring and therefore overpriced. We enjoy the dining outside option in summer. Would really love their chef to create more flavorful dishes.Special Features:
- The best restaurant in Scarsdale!Karenlc5VIPDined on 7/28/2014I've lived in Scarsdale for 28 years, and Moscato has been here a long time. Why, I wondered, have I only been here 5 times? This will change! We went for brunch recently, and had a leisurely, excellent one. Then, we came for lunch...it was late; around 2 PM, yet staff couldn't have been nicer, even when their own lunch was on the table. I love the special menu of three items: salad, hors d'oeuvre and entree, all perfectly-sized portions and the execution of each perfect. And the price? $18! We had deliciously fresh salads, house-made pastas and extremely fresh fish. This is now our go-to place after trying everything else within 20 miles!Special Features:
- Great Sunday Night DiningSusanVIPDined on 7/27/2014We really enjoyed our Sunday night dinner at Moscato. The food was fresh and light -- great for summer dining. I especially enjoyed the branzino. Service was well-paced for our needs, and the staff was friendly and amusing. There was a lively crowd, with moderate noise level. We were entertaining friends that evening; they appreciated our choice of a good neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all the pleasures of Italy!AmoureuxdelatableVIPDined on 7/19/2014we have become regulars at Moscato and can't stop being impressed by their savoury and creative italian delicassies. definitely a place worth visiting and returning!Special Features:
- First visit for dinner impressiveSavvyVIPDined on 6/30/2014My husband and I had dinner at Moscato to celebrate our anniversary; we enjoyed the food very much, as well as the ambience, although it is a bit dark. I had a special chicken dish and my husband had a pasta with vegetables, which they prepared to his liking. It was a Mon evening, so they may have had more time to do this. We would have rated the service higher, but the waiter neglected to tell us the specials, and we only learned of them when another waiter recited them to his table and seemed to give them more attention since they appeared to be known to the staff.Special Features:
- Still the best place in ScarsdaleMikeVikingDined on 6/28/2014It's always great and likely the best place to eat in town. Great specials and lots of excellent regular entrees. Had an iffy night from a service perspective as we had to ask for multiple things multiple times. This is the first time it has ever happened we will be back in a few weeks for sureSpecial Features:
- Local gemRonchefdocVIPDined on 6/27/2014Tommaso provides great service to complement the reliably good food. The crespelle is a perfect starter, with the eggplant and cheese done just rightSpecial Features:
- Service was awfulcarmb6VIPDined on 6/25/2014The waiter questioned our 20% tip. I have never heard of this before & I will never return to this place
- Great Food and ServicevjoneVIPDined on 6/21/2014my significant other and I had a lovely dinner and service was impeccable. The food was excellent and the wait staff professional and engaging. We have dined at Moscato lots of times and it still holds its charm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Each dish a winnerLawGuyDined on 6/21/2014The food at Moscato never lets you down. Each dish from appetizer to dessert is delicious. The bartender knows how to make any cocktail you want and the waiters are very knowledgeable about the menu and the ingredients of each dish. Couldn't be happier, this place never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise Overpowers the FoodEasyTraveller123Dined on 6/20/2014Moscato is a busy place, at least on weekends, and the noise level, made worse by unnecessary piped in music, diminished our dining experience. The bread was just okay, a caesar salad was very good, and our entrees (soft shell crab and veal scallopine, were good but more fussy than required. We'll probably return sometime, but won't rush to do so.Special Features:
- Always meeting a high standardBabsyDined on 6/15/2014While my visit this time was on Father's Day and the restaurant was bustling, the waitstaff is always attentive to all its patrons . The waiters had to do a little sprinting to get to the outside diners with their dishes still warm, and they achieved that. The food is traditional Italian, but with with either a lighter touch or a surprising addition, or a perky herbal seasoning. Everything cooked to perfection even on a hectic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware the Weekend!JudyDined on 6/13/2014On the weekend, extra tables are crowded in to the small space to accommodate the crowds. Noise level is impossibly, untolerably high.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyablepdiiDined on 6/11/2014This was a new find for us in our general neighborhood. The first time we went was prime-time on a Saturday night and the place was packed and fairly loud, but we had a reservation for 4 and, though we had to wait a bit and the table was a bit small, we were taken by the general ambiance. The service was attentive, the menu more interesting than the typical local Italian restaurant, and the food was great. Also, the wine list seemed competent, and the wine my friend selected was terrific (unfortunately I don't remember the name!). My wife and I returned a couple of weeks later for my birthday dinner midweek. It was much less crowded, more sedate, and equally enjoyable.Special Features:
- Que Bellabayside2842Dined on 6/11/2014A truly delightful Westchester gem. Excellent service, extensive menu and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceScarsdaleSueDined on 6/8/2014Food was very good. Everyone at the table enjoyed their meal. Wait staff very attentive. Manager very friendly. Will definitely visit this restaurant again!Special Features:
- Summer night in ItalyGreattimeDined on 6/6/2014We have not been to moscato in a while I don't know why But will be returning more frequent The new decor makes you feel as if you are dinning in a trattoria on the amalfi coast The menu encompasses northern and southern cuisine to perfection Service here was friendly and attentive The Italian music in the back round was a great addition to our evening We had dinner inside because the patio was full but after dinner we moved outside to have coffe and dessert and after dinner drink What a great way to begin the weekend Big thumbs up to moscato Can't wait to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moscato changed its menuMJGHVIPDined on 5/31/2014We were disappointed with menu changes at Moscato. The watermelon salad now consists of red onion and cucumber, instead of mixed greens that we had liked. We ordered the arugula salad and found it rather plain- - the parmesan slices and plain mushrooms were tasty, but the artichoke pieces were very scant. The cooked dorato now is in a sweet cognac sauce, and the fish had a strong fishy taste that fresh fish should lack. Only the pizza appetizer and Roman pasta were still very good. We liked the dry red wine that my husband ordered.Special Features:
- Seating was tightAlwaysEnjoyFoodVIPDined on 5/28/2014Very good restaurant just too tight with the seatingSpecial Features:
- Best Restaurant in the AreaGourmandVIPDined on 5/20/2014We love Moscato year round - sitting inside or outside and for lunch or dinner. The food is wonderful, you can order whatever you fancy (it doesn't have to be on the menu), the service is first-class and warm, the ambiance is friendly and relaxing.Special Features: