Moscato - Scarsdale
874 Scarsdale Avenue
Scarsdale, NY 10583Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Moscato - Scarsdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.moscatorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (914) 723-5700
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chef Alfonso
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can custom design special menu's to meet you culinary and budgetary needs ot your group function.
A word from Moscato - Scarsdale
Moscato, opened its doors in the summer of 2000. Located in beautiful Downtown Scarsdale, N.Y and is affiliated with Lusardi"s, Chat American Grill and Chat 19. All owned by the Mario Fava Restaurant Group. Moscato is a contemporary Italian Trattoria serving lunch, brunch, and dinner. Moscato offers a wide range of fresh homemade pastas, wild caught seafood, and a variety of authentic Italian favorites. Moscato opens 7 days a week 11:30am and serves through all meal periods. Moscato's kitchen also offers late evening dining nightly. The restaurant is located adjacent to the Scarsdale Metro North Train Station which is the heart of downtown Scarsdale.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Moscato - Scarsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (26)romantic (21)good for groups (20)great for lunch (18)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (9)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great NightTrynewplacesDined on 11/17/2013Food & Service was great. Can't wait for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining ExperienceSueLenVIPDined on 11/17/2013Last weekend, my wife and I took my mom for lunch at Muscato and we all had a wonderful time. Our appetizers and entrees (starters included a pizza of the day and rolled eggplant with ricotta; entrees bronzino and a veal dish) were beautifully presented and delicious. And the desserts (tiramisu and Italian cheesecake) were incredible with generous portions (and although we do not typically eat dessert, each of enjoyed every last bite). Although it was our first experience at Muscato, it quickly ranks as one of our favorite Italian restaurants in the county. We are already looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Moscato worth visitingMJGHVIPDined on 11/16/2013My husband and I very much enjoyed food, dry red wine, and service at Moscato. We liked the arugula salad with watermelon and pecorino cheese and the appetizer Margharita pizza. The pasta with cheese and black pepper captured the Roman style and flavor that we like. The featured halibut was very good, too. Coffee was hot and strong, as we prefer. Service was pleasant and attentive but not obtrusive. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refined Service, Wonderful FoodAdHocTravelerVIPDined on 11/14/2013We took the train up from Manhattan to meet friends for dinner in Scarsdale. As jaded New Yorkers we did not expect much, What we found was excellent food and extraordinarily professional and courteous service in a quiet atmosphere. A five minute walk from the train station, Moscato proved well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happyJanetDined on 11/11/2013So happy to find a gem like this! Restaurant week is essentially the reason we went, but ordered off the menu, in fact the waiter asked about my food allergy and created an exceptional dish. Outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingjanetzkiDined on 11/8/2013Went on a Friday evening and every table was filled and the noise level made it virtually impossible to converse. Too many tables close together. A shame because the food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Excellence in all, will come back!MV0505VIPDined on 10/31/2013This is exactly the type of restaurant where I feel welcomed and well served where my money is worth spending. It is a small restaurant but the tables are not cramped together like the last review mentioned. It is an elegant ambiance. We came in for dinner so probably it was more quiet. I say kid friendly because we came with our kids for my daughter's 14th birthday and they really were attentive to them and sang HB to her! All the pasta plates we tried were very good but for desert you must have the Tiramisu, the best we ever had, and we dine out alot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice .. but,...StephenDined on 10/26/2013Excellent service and the food was very good. The tables, however, are packed together to the point where you feel you are engaged in communal dining. The noise level is unbearable to the point where we were at a table of four and despite the fact that the table was extremely small you could not have a conversation with the person across the table. Maybe I am getting old and do not appreciate that it is chic to dine in a restaurant where you have to scream at your dining companons.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moscato is an excellent restaurantCannonballDined on 10/25/2013Moscato is an excellent restaurant with excellent food. The service was very attentive, and the manager was generally concerned with the dining experience. The only negative I would point out is that it is quite a noisy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious and serversporchesDined on 10/25/2013Food was delicious and servers were very well experienced.... will go back again!!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow servicecarmb6VIPDined on 10/23/2013My waiter was slow with the menus & dinner. Good bartender very good with making drinks. Food was good but nothing specialI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJimVVIPDined on 10/19/2013I don't easily give out this many stars however the whole experience was great. I don't know which was better the food or the service. I highly recommend and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealJAM1VIPDined on 10/12/2013We have been going here for years, and the food always is wonderful! We tend to go early before it gets crowded on weekends, so we get amazing service tooSpecial Features:
- Loved this restaurant!!! LoveMuffyDined on 10/3/2013Loved this restaurant!!! Love the atmosphere and the employees are most considerate and professional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food, attentive serviceMJGHVIPDined on 9/28/2013We very much enjoyed our dinner with fine service at Moscato. The arugula salad with feta cheese and watermelon had good contrasts in flavor and texture. Margharita pizza had very thin, tasty crust and the right balance of good sauce and cheese. We liked the long pasta tubes Roman style, with cheese and black pepper. Grilled dorada was excellent and came with grilled zucchini and eggplant, and some chopped fresh tomato. We also enjoyed our Sonoma zinfandel and the restaurant's hot, strong coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!LocalfoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2013Tried for the first time based on Opentable ratings and comments. I must say that it was a great experience! Food was yummy!!! We wi come back again for sure!!!Special Features:
- Delicious & authenticSuluVIPDined on 9/20/2013I can't count the number of times that I've eaten at this restaurant, but it is always wonderful. Great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite local placeFabfoodyVIPDined on 9/13/2013We live 5 min away and go there quite frequently. Most of the time the food is very good, service is excellent, sometimes noisy, but we like the wait staff, the managers and the ambience.......very comfortable and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't be disappointed.Mag415Dined on 9/13/2013I went to this restaurant with two friends who had a lot of catching up to do, and they did not rush us out. We ordered three different dishes---all were filled with layers of flavor. The chicken scarpiellio was especially tasty and was the groups' favorite. The wine was good but a little pricey at $15 a glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for my birthday and theclipsVIPDined on 9/6/2013Went for my birthday and the food was excellent. The service was great. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scarsdale GemRoRoVIPDined on 8/24/2013Our dining experience at Moscato last Saturday night was lovely. Our dinner was molto delizioso. The sea bass was cooked to perfection and the garganelli with lobster was very good, although it could have contained a bit more lobster and sauce. Our chocolate mousse cake special was beyond delicious. Loved it! The staff was very efficient and accommodating. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemJoePVIPDined on 8/20/2013First time in this area & a perfect find. The food was amazing, the service was outstanding & the setting perfect. The Waiter & the Manager made us feel like we have been going there for years. A must to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend MoscatoMJGHVIPDined on 8/10/2013Service, food, and wine at Moscato were very good. When we asked two days in advance to add a third person to our party, the maitre d' was very accommodating. We enjoyed the red wine we had selected, the pizza appetizer, salad, the dorado entree, and pasta with funghi. Water and bread were readily replenished. The olive oil was good. Other diners included people of different ages. Although the restaurant is small, management uses space well, so diners do not feel crowded. I definitely recommend Moscato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scarsdale GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2013This was our first time dining at Moscato and am glad to say we were not disappointed! We had made a reservation to be on the safe side and thank goodness we did as it was packed! We were seated right away and despite how crowded the restaurant was the service was great. We will certainly be back to dine in the future. Moscato is definitely the best fine dining restaurant Scarsdale village has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff is always ready to modifyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2013Staff is always ready to modify a dish to suit your taste!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/7/2013Realyl enjoyed our dinner here; would have been nice to sit outside but too hot - may be next time.Special Features:
- You will never be disappointedreggieDined on 6/29/2013You will never be disappointed at Moscato's! Especially if you love Risotto! They do a special there every day.Special Features:
- Solid, somewhat average, ItalianicaneatDined on 6/27/2013The food itself tastes good and is well prepared, but it really is middle of the road and uncreative--if it ever went away, we would never miss it. We pop in on an average of once or twice a year and have been since they opened. In all those visits, regardless of the season, the side vegetable is ALWAYS green beans for every dish. Servers are friendly but harried and frantic and become more so as the evening progresses--it goes from receiving good service to feeling a sense of pity and frustration for the waiter. Management, however, is always attentive, responsive, and works hard to smooth feathers and win loyalty; other than the restaurant's convenient location, it's the most important reason we ever return.Special Features:
- Superb DiningreggieDined on 6/14/2013Moscato is a top notch Italian restaurant that has it all. I am very picky about Italian food since I am of Italian heritage, but I feel I have discovered a real gem in Moscato. The price fix of $24.50 for lunch is fantastic and you have wonderful choices in three categories. You cannot beat it. Service is impeccable. My son had his baby's baptism there and everyone loved it. Staff could not have been nicer. If you like risotto, you won't be disappointed. Imagine making that dish for a big crowd. I like the fact that there was valet parking (no tipping) in the back of the restaurant, so that during the day I did not have to feed the meters in Scarsdale. Love, love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow but goodJohnDined on 5/25/2013Pretty good food. But super slow service. You will need a lot of quarters for parking. We were there for 3 hrs!I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Moscato's, Lusardi's,FoodieVIPDined on 5/4/2013I love Moscato's, Lusardi's, Chat and Chat 19! I will continue to support all of them as long as I live in Westchester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food. Wish it wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Fabulous food. Wish it wasn't do noisy on a Saturday night but worth it
- Superior food in soft andEscoffieDined on 4/15/2013Superior food in soft and pretty surroundings. Elegant yet friendly service. Our favorite, over many years, for romantic lunches and dinners and special occasions.Special Features:
- Good food... too noisy and crowdedJh23Dined on 4/13/2013The food was well prepared . We all ate fish that was delicious, especially the branzino. Tables are jam packed with little room for patrons and waiters. The room was very , very, noisy until it cleared out. I would return here, but not on a Saturday night.
- Love this restaurant! ItMariaDined on 4/13/2013Love this restaurant! It is cosy and food's consistently great! Every table is full on a Saturday night. Love their outdoor alley in the summer too.Special Features:
- we love Moscato but the kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/6/2013we love Moscato but the kitchen is a bit strained on SAturday night. Dishes we normally love were not quite up to par.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2013Consistently great food, service is very good. Tight, but cozy restaurant. Always eager to please.Special Features:
- Excptional in ScarsdaleJvenesqVIPDined on 4/6/2013Food & service at Moscato are exceptional. Consistenly excelentSpecial Features:
- Excellent food in a livelysdlnewyorkVIPDined on 4/6/2013Excellent food in a lively atmosphere, my husband and I dined on a busy Saturday nite. Service was very good despite the crowd. I had ordered a cappuccino that was awful, the waiter insisted I try another, it was just as bad, which was not a big deal but the owner came over apologized and offered us both after dinner drinks! Would definitely recommend and try againSpecial Features:
- Highly recommend MoscatosOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Highly recommend Moscatos great great food and staff.Special Features: