1072 US 22
Mountainside, NJ 07092Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mosaico22.com/
- Phone: (908) 233-3553
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Luis Romero
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms with party menus available.
- Private Party Contact: Andy or Rudy 9082333553
A word from Mosaico
Mosaico offers Northern Italian ambiance, a Tuscan kitchen, full service bar, and Mediterranean warmth.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mosaico reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (13)great for lunch (10)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good Food - Nice AmbianceHomegirlDined on 11/8/2014We have been dining at Mosaico for several years. We can always count on a good meal and good service. The restaurant has very nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Perfect Business LunchEHBranchburgVIPDined on 11/5/2014Had a perfect business lunch at Mosaico - impressive ambience, fantastic food, and excellent service, cocktails and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Food is always good and service great thats why I always come.Special Features:
- carolVIPDined on 10/20/2014The food is consistently good, as is the service. The wine list is fairly priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TetaMDined on 10/19/2014We were celebrating my sister's birthday with a late lunch for the family. There were plenty of choices even for my gluten free niece. Service was attentive and measured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite-not to be missed.Curious22Dined on 10/10/2014Visiting Mosaico which we do several times a year is always a treat and a delightful dining experience. The food, the service, the ambiance all exceptional. Barbara&Sheldon Roskin Scotch Plains,NJSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatnvp127VIPDined on 9/28/2014We keep going back because, good food, service and atmosphere......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinner placeTHEDONVIPDined on 9/23/2014We have enjoyed the dinner each time we are in the area..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NicecatherinekDined on 9/21/2014Nice spot for family meal, celebration.. excellent service....good choice....also fantastic attention to customer needs...asked for something not on the menu and they were happy to accomodate...kids loved the pizza and to die for molten cake......Special Features:
- ExcellentviksterDined on 9/14/2014Our small group thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The menu had many choices, and while pricey, were worth it. The drink menu was expensive and harder to justify. Overall, this is a very nice restaurant with good quality food.Special Features:
- Never disappoints.TTKBVIPDined on 9/11/2014Mosaico is a good find. Consistent quality. Not much to improve. Plan to come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Business LunchEHBranchburgVIPDined on 9/11/2014Perfect business lunch - quality food, fine service, great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantástic experienceJulioMDined on 8/28/2014We randomly picked this place for a family dinner but we would go back in a heart beat: excellent food;excellent environment; best of all: the waiter, amazing guy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dissapointmentbeenaroundDined on 8/23/2014The menu did not offer much of selection. When I asked if the prix fix menu I saw on the internet was available the waiter hesitated then said it is only available Sunday through Thursday (it was Saturday 4:15 pm and no mention of it on the internet). My party of 3 did not see anything really appealing and decided to leave. The waiter than said, why? Is it because of the prix fix? I will go see if you can have it......... We went to another restaurant.Special Features:
- MosaicoFredDined on 8/16/2014The food and service were terrific. The staff, both waitstaff and bar service, were warm and courteous. They made us feel welcome the moment we walked in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoying return visits.TTKBVIPDined on 8/2/2014Mosaico never disappoints. Atmosphere is nice, food is good, desserts good, pleasant place to dine and conveniently located on the highway but without that highway feel inside the restaurant. Entree prices are reasonable but if ordering appy's, side veggies, wine and dessert it will raise the bill substantially. Will certainly continue to return since overall we like the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 186 reviews are from the Mosaico reviews archive.
- steady ItaliankjdmdVIPDined on 7/25/2014Although not spectacular, Mosaico is a good solid choice for well-prepared Italian food. The service was attentive without being overbearing, the food was good, and the ambiance is pleasant. The tables are far enough apart that the noise level is conversation-friendly. My wife comes here monthly for a business group and feels that the package offered is an excellent value.Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantLeguerreDined on 7/13/2014I had always driven by the restaurant and decided to book a reservation for my wife and I. It was a Sunday, and the summer takes it's toll, as it was not that busy. We ordered, an appetizer and entrees, and they were well prepared, but they were served warm, and not hot. I am a stickler for hot food, and with the lack of a full crowd I could not justify this happening. I would not go back, not for the quality of the food, but because there are so many other choices in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinneGemini1950Dined on 7/1/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 42 anniversary. We have been to Mosaico before and loved it. Food is always prepared well and is delicious. The service is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodEHBranchburgVIPDined on 6/25/2014Consistently good food, service and ambience at Mosaico. Excellent spot for a business lunch with a wide variety of menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jmartVIPDined on 6/14/2014I am a New Yorker that has found Mosaico a Great place for me and my wife. A very accommodating place that serves good "SOUL Satisfying" Italian food with great daily specials that can be tweaked to one's liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great RestaurantHomegirlDined on 6/13/2014Delicious food, good service, nice ambiance. Very nice restaurant right on Route 22 in New Jersey.Special Features:
- Consistently goodEHBranchburgVIPDined on 6/11/2014Have experienced consistently good food and service at Mosaico - excellent choice of lunch and dinner menu selections and specials. Also it has the perfect atmosphere for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!mcm1360Dined on 6/8/2014If you are looking for a delicious meal with fantastic service, this is the place to go. Everyone is very friendly and amenable and the food is the best in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent-as always!Curious22Dined on 5/25/2014Our Papardelle Mosaico and Gumberi Shrimps were excellent as were the Buffalo Mozz and tomatoes/peppers. The shared triple express gelato is too good to be legal! And a special nod to Oscar our waiter (for many visits) - a true pro and a fine gentleman. Barbara & Sheldon Roskin Scotch Plains,NJSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2014Prices were good! Service was timed right! Food was delicious!Special Features:
- Top service and foodRonGDined on 4/25/2014Although we live minutes from Mozaico this was our first visit. Everything from breads to salad to main course was excellent. The Warm Apple desseft was a great way to cap a fine meal. Kudos for the service. Our waiter was fantastic and made the experience all the better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EasterjmartVIPDined on 4/20/2014Mosaico is a favorite spot of my wife and I, but this is the 1st time we have eaten there for a holiday. The food was great, service impeccable (THANKS OSCAR), the whole management and staff are very cordial and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentEHBranchburgVIPDined on 3/31/2014Have experienced consistently excellent food and service at Mosaico.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a lovely evening...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2014Always a lovely evening... food and service excellent...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointing...Curious22Dined on 3/21/2014We have been long-time customers and have never had a less than excellent experience at Mosaico. A gracious host and staff, wonderful, tasty food, moderate prices - what more can one ask? Highly recommended. Barbara & Sheldon Roskin Scotch Plains, NJSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodEHBranchburgVIPDined on 3/19/2014Consistently good food and service. Always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant on Saturday night.TTKBVIPDined on 3/15/2014Popular energetic place on Saturday night. Salmon entree and seafood salad were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely evening... Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014A lovely evening... Food was great... Service was great... Very attentive... I liked that the manager came around and inquired as to how everything wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentEHBranchburgVIPDined on 3/9/2014I have experienced consistently excellent food and service at Mosaico.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at too high price!patmoDined on 3/8/2014Appetizer prices that near entrée prices at moderately priced restaurants is absurd. Nine dollars for a good, not great dessert is another rip off. Food was good and nicely presented. Over priced fare that some affluent folks do not mind paying. Bread was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shoddy wine listBillyDined on 3/1/2014Wine list needs a lot of work, minimal choices and lot's of overlap. Lots of high price and a bunch of low priced wines. Needs more balance in the middle. it looks like one distrubutor controls it and probably someone with little or no wine knowledge. good food, wine would enhnce the experience.Special Features:
- Valentine DinnerBeverlyDined on 2/14/2014We had a lovely dinner on Valentine's Day and I was glad that I made a reservation. The restaurant was very busy however the waiter was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, but yummyAK47VIPDined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentine's Day - had a reservation. When you walk in, there is no hostess stand (which I thought was ever stranger for V Day as they'd be busier than usual). So, we stood near the entrance and were basically ignored for five minutes. A small group of loud-mouth women, who'd obviously been there before, knew the drill, and walked right up to the hostess who'd been standing there the whole time, turns out, ignoring us. After we were seated, our waiter was fantastic. The food was delicious and the service was good, for a busy holiday evening. I would have liked to see the girl with the water pitcher more than just at the very beginning of the meal.... but what are you gonna do? Will be going back, but on a quieter evening.Special Features:
- greatpaulDined on 2/14/2014this has always been a nice retreat,great food,a nice staff, and of course fine cocktails to start an excellent dinner. not the first time nor the last!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.