1001 Washington Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63101Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mosaicrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3146216001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Mid-Day Menu: 2pm - 5pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Bar open until 3:00 AM on Thursday - Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Ben Lester
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mosaic offers a flexible catering menu based on modern fusion cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: Mosaic PRIVATE DINING ROOM accommodations for up to 45 seated guests or 70 cocktail guests.
MOSAIC LOUNGE accommodates 80 seated guests, 200 cocktail and hors d'oeuvres.
- Private Party Contact: Nadia Bruno 3143697639
- Entertainment: Late night 3am Bar featuring Local and National celebrity D.J's.
VIP bottle service, Champagne List, & Dancing every Saturday.
Live Music every Friday evening from 10pm - 2am.
- Special Events: Please contact Nadia via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org or by mobile phone at 314-369-7639 to discuss availability for your party.
A word from Mosaic Restaurants-Downtown
Located in central loft district on Washington Avenue, this stunning modern fusion restaurant is an eye-pleasing mix of granite tables, high ceilings, tall windows and a beautifully designed curvaceous freestanding bar with exquisite black galaxy granite top. Beneath that striking display of wall art, a row of Bunsen burner-style candelabra anchors a small lounge area with seating pillows along a bamboo bench and a pair of lounge chairs: a little pit of love and fire, the spot where you just know the throngs will cluster once things get under way. Executive Chef Ben Lester, with owner/Chef Claus Schmitz, a German native and veteran of European, American and especially Pacific Rim cuisine offers up such delights as Mosaic Pot Stickers filled with tender suckling pork, Manchego stuffed Quail, Korean BBQ Pork Apple ,Mango Caprese, Flight of Soups & many more. Exceptional food meets exceptional Libations, Fresh fruit Mojitos, Chilling Martini's, and a wealth of experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mosaic Restaurants-Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
- worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2013My husband and I tried Mosaic as it was featured in the news for downtown restaurant week. Amazing gourmet, classy food presentation. Waiter gave good suggestions and briefly described each dish upon delivery, very efficient and didn't rush us out with the bill. Soups were awesome though I wished it was hotter. My choice for the second course I didn't care for so much (I didn't ask waiter's suggestion; I forgot what it's called). My hubby's 3rd course (beef) was excellent and mine (pork- didn't look as great but was palatable) was OK. Desserts were superb!! I would recommend Mosaic to friends but mention that if they don't know what they want, ask for waiter's suggestion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2013Our service was slow - he was nice but took a long time to do anything, including bringing the check. (he didn't bring us the check until about 15 minutes after we were done with dessert and coffee - normally the check would come with dessert, and it should!) They were out of the wine we ordered and didn't really have a great substitute. The food was pretty good, although gnocci was a bit overcooked, it just small portions, even for a tapas style place. Too many other places to go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- A long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2013The service was too slow, as we waited 20-30 minutes between our second and third courses of a 4 course meal. Unless you like waiting for your food, I would not recommend it.Special Features:
- A great dining experienceFoodFan84Dined on 8/21/2013My parents, husband and I recently dined at Mosaic during Downtown St. Louis's Restaurant Week. From the moment we pulled up to the free valet parking until we finished the last bite of dessert, we had a very enjoyable experience. The ambience was great, our server was diligent and very knowledgable, and the food was quite tasty. Obviously, as it is a tapas place, don't count on huge portions, but you can look forward to a diverse menu with some very tasty offerings. Overall, we had a lovely experience, and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique tasteVandman1Dined on 8/15/2013I have visited Mosaic twice. Like many tapas bars, the taste are unique and sometimes surprising. I highly recommend Mosaic to anyone who wishes to provide their taste buds with a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in St. LouisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2013The restaurant was very good. The small plates were unique. I really liked the grilled broccoli. The offerings would please the most discriminating palates. The wine choices were outstanding. The service was excellent. If I find myself in town again, this is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fun!GracieDined on 8/12/2013We chose this restaurant for a "girls night out" dinner and it was perfect! We had so much fun trying all the different food offerings and the service was great! Our waiter was excellent! He was great at explaining all the dishes and just fun! And you cannot beat the price! Will definitely be doing this again!Special Features:
- Mosaic is one of our favoriteGreznerVIPDined on 8/9/2013Mosaic is one of our favorite restaurants because we have never had a bad dish among their small plates. But on our most recent visit we hit a couple of clunkers. In particular the gnocchi was a disappointment. The pasta was a little tough (and I don't mean al dente) and not very flavorful. We actually left over 1/2 the serving on the plate and when the server picked it up, I made the point that it was a disappointment (my exact words) but received no acknowledgement. We were also a little surprised that their cured meat plate was heavy on pates and short on actual cured meats, but I recognize that this is a culinary fad. Other than those two things we were pleased with our visit and the selections. Management need to up their game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unrushed Business LunchHuizyDined on 8/8/2013I met an out of town business partner at Mosaic for a short notice business lunch. Neither of us had dined there before but it was a convenient location for him. The staff was friendly and gave us time to talk before ordering. We had a bottle of wine, an appetizer and each ordered a salad for lunch. The wine was excellent, the food flavorful and prompt and the service excellent. I will definitely be back when in the downtown St. louis area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Wonderful Experience!!littlechefVIPDined on 8/3/2013Mosaic is on our "go to" list of places that we always can count on wonderful, innovative food, great wines, and terrific service. Our last dinner there was no exception. Many new items on the menu - all of which were fantastic!! We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningLaughDined on 8/2/2013This was our 1st time to this restaurant. My husband & I decided to go to STL for a weekend getaway & nice date weekend. We had dinner on Fri night and really loved everything about the restaurant and our food. Everything we ordered was delicious, service was excellent and great ambience for our date. Thank you very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2013The food is great. We rarely get past the first course choices. The wine list is also excellent and moderately priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VatietyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2013Great restaurant with a wide variety of selections. Guaranteed to have something you haven't tried before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2013While both entrees my wife and I ordered were very good, I think I could try and subsist on the squash soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apps, Apps and more AppsVal22Dined on 5/30/2013As usual, all the food we ordered was delicious! The pork dumplings were really good and crispy with a great peanut sauce. Ny sister liked the mini burgers and my out of town cousin and the whole group lived the hummus. Glad to have a spot like this to bring out of town guests as its always a winner! P.S. I'm from St. Louis but live our of town and always enjoy dining here when home for a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceherbiesfanVIPDined on 5/18/2013love Mosaic, this is almost always my go to if I want to be sure we have a nice evening with good food or if I want to impress a client for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mosaic BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013Mosaic restaurant hosts brunches for special occasions such as Easter and Mother's Day. They offer a wide variety of seafood, meats, egg dishes, salads, fruits, cheeses,omelet station, pastries, rolls and desserts. In addition, they offer your choice of a Mimosa or a Bloody Mary. Juices and coffee are also available. I found it to be a very pleasant brunch and I'll continue to go back in the future. For the price, it's a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!BeauVIPDined on 5/11/2013Food and service were outstanding. Small plates menu is varied and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Fun Modern FusioncarsieDined on 5/10/2013Fit for a foodie, this Modern Fusion restaurant has flavor combinations to set your mouth smiling! The Pulled BBQ Korean Pork Apples are the bomb! I've never had hummus better than Mosaic's. Many other interesting tastes, plus daily drink specials that are very reasonable. Love it!Special Features:
- We greatly enjoyed our diningChicagobobVIPDined on 4/27/2013We greatly enjoyed our dining experience at Mosaic. We chose the tapas route and between the 3 of us got to sample 6 different hot and cold dishes. Everything was top notch with our favorites being the Short Rib mini burgers and the tuna Tartare. Service was excellent including frequent refills on water and an attentive wait staff. Go and enjoy!Special Features:
- Food was great. Nice atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2013Food was great. Nice atmosphere, even though the restaurant was full, could have conversation without any issues. Staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- I had been here before andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/15/2013I had been here before and the food and service were terrific. However this time both the service and food left a lot to be desired. I had the short rib burgers and they were cold and dry. Service was lacking and he seemed pre-occupied even when he was waiting on us. Only came by once while we were eating. Our 2nd drink order got lost and he had to request it a again.
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2013Everything was going perfect, but my plate came out cold.Special Features:
- Great food and ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Great food and ambience. Great selection of options. Go expecting to share.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our Easter brunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/31/2013Enjoyed our Easter brunch, but it really wasn't the best place to bring kids. Our kids had a hard time finding food that they liked.Special Features:
- We have eaten at Claus Schmitz'sCharleyandLizVIPDined on 3/15/2013We have eaten at Claus Schmitz's downtown and Des Peres Mosaic Restaurants and consider them among the best in town! And periodically, Claus will stop by your table to say hi. We love Mosaic!Special Features:
- My daughter & I eat out atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013My daughter & I eat out at least once a week. Choosing different resturants in the St. Louis area. Our outing at Mosiac was unjoyful. Our waitress didn't know ANYTHING about the menu nor the resturant itself. She had to ask other employees the answer to all of our questions. The employees should be required to wear better work attire. Everyone had on jeans. Old, wrinkled & grungy jeans. Not one polished associate. Not even the manager. The food was tastless & the drinks seemed to be made with well liquor. I left Mosaic feeling like it was a bad dream. I wouldn't recommend this resturant to family or friends. Very over rated. I won't be back!!!
- Abruptly Closed in the fallTomCDined on 3/9/2013Abruptly Closed in the fall of 2013 - what a shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was the perfect dining destinationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Was the perfect dining destination for our group of four before a show at The Peabody. If there is a special event in town, use the valet for sure! We self-parked around the corner, and it was $20 due to some race or show at the convention center. We recommend the watermelon salad and salmon entree. The best!!Special Features:
- I wish I could recommend Mosaic.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2013I wish I could recommend Mosaic. I really wanted to especially given the presentation of every dish. It simply came down to each dish being too salty, too sweet or drowned in a gravy. I felt myself wishing that if they just had backed off a bit on the seasonings, it would have been great. I felt i lost the crux of taste in the main attraction such as the scallops and the short ribs due to this. the brussels sprouts were so salty i couldn't eat them. With that said, my butternut squash soup was delicious as was my mozzarella caprese and my partners bone barrow was fantastic.
- Must Try St. Louis Foodie SpotGiltDinersVIPDined on 2/20/2013I was in St. Louis on business and found this restaurant in an online search as a recommended spot. What a find! The food was wonderful and unique. The wine list was great. We has the compressed watermelon and goat cheese salad, the hanger steak and scallops small plates and they were all amazing. We shared the duck breast and it was great, too. Very inventive approach to food and the flavors were great. I can't say enough good things. I wish I lived in St Louis and could go to Mosaic all the time!Special Features:
- Excellent food and drinks.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Excellent food and drinks. A little on the expensive side but worth it.Special Features:
- We had a 4 course ValentinereviewVIPDined on 2/14/2013We had a 4 course Valentine dinner, everything was great. The best thing was some sort of brioche/blueberry granola appetizer, to die for!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/11/2013Awsome experience, I had a lovely evening with my fiance. The food was amazing.Special Features:
- Mosaic has a fairly shortWinoDined on 1/26/2013Mosaic has a fairly short menu with hot and cold tapas, soups and entrees. We went with a selection of 5 tapas. Presentation was very nice for each dish and each dish was explained to us upon arrival to the table. The dish we enjoyed the most was the candied tomato goat cheese flatbread. Our waitress was very accommodating and allowed us to taste wine prior to ordering the bottle.Special Features:
- I picked a friend up fromOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/7/2013I picked a friend up from the airport and was looking for a good place to eat. I found Mosaic on the internet and made reservations. We arrived about 30 minutes early for our reservation on a Monday evening and we were seated promptly. The menu was as I had reviewed it on line. The wait staff were very friendly and the waiter was very knowledgeable on the menu items. He provided recommmendations and provided details as to the ingredients and the preparation of the menu items. The food was timely in delivery to the table and cold foods were cold and hot foods were hot as would be expected. The food was very tasty and very well prepared. I would recommend this to others and already have.Special Features:
- This is a great restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013This is a great restaurant!! The service was great and the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Complimentary valet parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/2/2013Complimentary valet parking in downtown St. Louis.... Thanks! The restaurant was beauiful and he food was amazing!!!! I loved this place. Very upscale and pretty good prices. I fed fve for about $100. So..... $20 a persn is great when younare talking the best food ever in an upscale downtown restaurant!Special Features:
- I will be back again..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I come because I know what to expect. Consistently good.Special Features:
- A perfect Mosaic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Food was impeccable! Presentation - delightful. Waitress - super star. Pricey but delicious! Great wines, peaceful ambiance...5-Star Dining!Special Features: