Mosaic Restaurants-Des Peres
11925 Manchester Road
Des Peres, MO 63131Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Mosaic Restaurants-Des Peres
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.enjoymosaic.com/
- Phone: 3143942323
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sun., Tues., Wed., Thurs: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Ben Lester
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Mosaic offers a flexible catering menu based on modern fusion cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: Mosaic PRIVATE DINING ROOM accommodations for up to 20 seated guests or 30 cocktail reception guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nadia Bruno 3143697639
- Entertainment: Live Music, every Thursday evening; 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Special Events: Please contact Nadia via e-mail, email@example.com or by mobile phone at 314-369-7639 to inquire about space availability.
A word from Mosaic Restaurants-Des Peres
This is the second location to the popular Washington Avenue restaurant and lounge. A modern aesthetic vision is enhanced from the first location with the beautifully designed free standing bar and exquisite granite features throughout the space. The menu will mirror the incredible dishes created by Executive Chef Ben Lester along with Proprietor and Chef Claus Schmitz. The exceptional food is met with a wonderful array of Mosaic Signature Cocktails and unbeatable happy hour selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mosaic Restaurants-Des Peres reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was great butLarryDined on 8/31/2013We've been here before and loved the food. It really is unique, delicious and fairly priced. Our grievances are 1. The table service was very slow...we waited at least 5 minutes before anyone came to the table, and another 10 minutes to receive the wine we ordered. 2. The wine list really needs something under $11/glass...an $7 option would go a long way toward making me feel like I'm not being abused!Special Features:
- First visitSophieDined on 8/11/2013Didn't like the brunch potatoes at all. Didn't like the salmon omelet. It needed seasoning. The crab avocodo omelet was very good. I will have that again. The bread pudding was wonderful.Special Features:
- Downtown location much betterJerseytamaydaVIPDined on 8/6/2013Food was ok. Skirt steak was un-eatable--similar to a chew toy. They made good and bought us dessert. Just not as good as their downtown restaurant. Not as much variety in the menu, either. A convenient little place for tapas, if you dont feel like schlepping downtown, good service. Overall, I wouldnt go back.
- Excellent ExperienceBandVDined on 8/3/2013We went to Mosaic for an early dinner Sat night and were thrilled with the experience. The friendly but not sugary sweet attitude of the staff along with the decor created an excellent dining environment. The food, which was served tapas style was remarkable. Starting with the ahi tuna tare-tar and ending with a cup of coffee and every thing in between was plated beautifully and was a step above any chain type restaurant. The chef came out and chatted with us, giving us a chance to find out more about our favorite dishes. Melody, our waitress was knowledgeable, friendly and prompt but in the way of us enjoying our conversation and food. An expensive night out but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely go backDestinVIPDined on 7/31/2013The food is delicious! It combines unique ingredients with quality meat and seafood options in a presentation that pleases your eyes as much as your taste buds. The price is very reasonable, and the experience at this location is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday ServicesundaysplurgeDined on 7/28/2013Went for Sunday brunch & service was great! I was unsatisfied w/ my first plate due to some cold items, but the manager (owner?) was quick to rectify the situation and apologize...especially since the other member of my party was finished eating when I got my new plate. Food was good & I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and DrinkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2013We really enjoyed our recent dining experience at Mosaic. Even though it is centered on small plates/tapas style we felt the servings were generous. My husband's lamb chop was outstanding and prepared to perfection. The salmon is delicious. Also, the drinks are generous so enjoy responsibly. I can't say enough about the service, too. It was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent, as usualpatcusDined on 7/20/2013I am never disappointed in my dining experience at Mosaic - from the first time years ago for lunch downtown to this day in Des Peres. It's always a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ehh..TimPDined on 7/19/2013The food was good at Mosaic. Service was marginal. We had a 7:45 reservation that didn't get seated until 8:05. We ordered 5 dishes and only 4 of them came out. At least the server didn't put the one he didn't bring out on our bill. For whatever reason this place is packed, I would say it is 'ok' but there are much better options (even in west county) for the price.Special Features:
- I would go back,but...WinnieDined on 7/19/2013Great food. Good looking restaurant. Service was horrible. Waited and waited for water. Same with ordering drinks and food. I will give them another try, but if we have the same experience that will be it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchMicheleVIPDined on 7/12/2013I enjoyed a great lunch outside on the patio. There were lots of options to choose from. The sandwich options were unique andver affordable. I expected tapas style and was please to be able to order full size.Special Features:
- I continually enjoy Mosaic.GeegawDined on 7/11/2013I continually enjoy Mosaic. They always have a wonderful selection, great food, nice wait staff and we had a birthday celebration and they could not have been more cordial to all of us. Only one of us had ever been to Mosaic but the other three did indicate that they would be returning. Thank yo for a wonderful lunch and atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Food and FunOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2013Mosaic's West County restaurant is an excellent find - a comfortable and casual dining experience, with numerous and creative menu offerings that are easy to mix and match. All of the dishes our table for four tried were very good, with some truly excellent. The wine list included options beyond the usual suburban restaurant - a credit to the GM, who knows wine and has assembled an excellent list. Service was informed and friendly - pricing was fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Father's Day meal!rackmanDined on 6/16/2013Fantastic barbecue special (for me) and eggs benedict (for the wife). And the kids menu had everything we needed for the young ones. The food took a little bit long to arrive but they were busy and we were trying to entertain anxious kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch is wonderful at Mosaic.IcooktooVIPDined on 6/12/2013Lunch is wonderful at Mosaic. Food is healthful, colorful and yummy. I love the red spinach salad with shrimp, rich but worth it soups. Haven't had a sandwich yet but they are huge and look great . Prices are reasonable and I was treated like a VIP. Love it for dinner too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2013My wife and I like this restaurant but we do have a few reservations. First, the inside is somewhat noisy so we had our dinner outside - overlooking the parking lot. I recall a restaurant in Monterrey California which overlooked the Pacific and regretted I was not there instead. Second, the food is expensive but not really outrageous. Third, we found our service to be slow. So we tipped a bit less than we normally would. But there are not a lot of restaurants around which have as interesting a menu as does Mosaic so it is worth going to once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!quietmanVIPDined on 6/7/2013The food was perfect as always. The atmosphere was stellar. We brought parents with us that night for their first visit. They loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why bother with a res?ToToDined on 6/7/2013I made a reservation for 6:00 pm and noted that I preferred outdoor seating. When we arrived there was no outdoor seating available nor was there an open table in a good location on the floor. Making a res did noting to insure good seating. The food was good, fun and reasonable. Our waitress was fair. The plates and silver were piled up in one corner of the table. I had to get up to retrieve them. At one time she took my last fork with my plate when bring out a plate leaving me with no silver -- at least there were two more napkins and silver on the table! I hate it when the waitress etc., brings the food and then disappears leaving you to fend for yourself if you are missing silver, would like a beverage refill, etc.Special Features:
- satisfiedimpressedDined on 5/31/2013We enjoyed our meal at Mosaic. The presentation was appetizing; the food was fresh and tasty. Our waiter was friendly and prompt but he must have forgotten my drink order as I had to ask for it twice. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Mosaic Mon AmiRichieRichVIPDined on 5/12/2013Mosaic is like part of the Scout Oath: Trustworthy, courteous, kind . . . . Like an old friend, it is dependable for great food and service. Mother's Day brunch was no exception! Wonderful.Special Features:
- great placeherbiesfanVIPDined on 5/10/2013I've been here a dozen times and never left disappointed- great choice for a business lunch or weekend date.Special Features:
- NOT ImpressedSTLFoodieDined on 5/5/2013Found a foreign object in my food, not satisfied with manager's resoltuion. Not enough servers for number of guests.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencecharityhDined on 5/1/2013Got patio seating on a beautiful warm night. The patio was busy, and the server seemed slightly less friendly than I would have liked, but I'll attribute that to the hectic dinner hour. The drinks were great and the service was fast. We tried just one dish (The Chipotle pulled-pork-stuffed baked apple, which we loved), but I saw multiple plates of food pass us on their way to various tables, and to a one, they were all beautifully presented, and smelled amazing. Great attention to detail. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Nice place for after a movieHirschwritesVIPDined on 4/27/2013We had an 8:30 reservation and were not taken to a table until after 9:00. That was the only fault, though. Food and service were excellent. Had the mushroom tart, the braised short ribs, and the flatbread of the evening to share between us. All very good. Place is a bit loud for us.Special Features:
- Overall very positive experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Overall very positive experience. Food was delicious. Manager circled around to check on us, always a nice touch. It was loud even for a table of 6 - we really had to speak very loudly to one another in order to be heard - makes for a bit strained conversation. Perhaps acoustic sound tiles on ceiling?...
- Make a reservation...as theyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2013Make a reservation...as they are busy. I did see them try very hard to seat a couple that came in without a reservation, but it would be best to plan ahead if you are wanting to enjoy their Sunday Brunch. The pricing as $$$, but the quality was excellent, so you got what you paid for. Seasonal freshness to the menu.Special Features:
- This was my first trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013This was my first trip to Mosaic and needless to say, I more than likely will be back. I only came for brunch with a friend, but the food was really good as was the service. In looking over the menu I found that there are a lot of things to offer for lunch & dinner and all reasonably priced. There are some good choices for happy hour specials too. Since I do that a lot with friends, this may now be another place to come.Special Features:
- The food was great but ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013The food was great but our service was terrible. We were seated and the 2 tables seated after us were served their waters and drinks before a server even approached us. I had to inform the hostess that we had yet to be served. Once they did send our server over, he was incredibly nice but incredibly slow. He brought waters and then just kinda looked at us like wee were to take the lead. I told him we were dining on a groupin and he brought us our mimosas but then disappeared for about 10 min. Then it took a good 25 to get our meals. 3 tables that had been seated after us were turned over quickly while we waited for our server to come by asking if everything was ok, to which I said we have been waiting for you to bring the checkSpecial Features:
- From the first round to theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2013From the first round to the second round to the third round, the food was outstanding and the waiter recommended an excellent wine. The BBQ pork served on small apple halves was my favorite. It was a combination that I never would have thought of and it was outstanding.Special Features:
- The food was very good. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013The food was very good. Our group ordered a lot of small plates. There were definite high points and a few low. The watermelon and goat cheese salad was delicious and I love their squash soup. The special apps were great too. We all loved the short ribs and roasted bone marrow. I do not recommend the risotto, it was bland mush. The cured plate was just ok. Our server was great (didn't catch her name). The restaurant was very noisy. I felt like we were yelling the whole time. There was a man, I believe he was the GM, who came to our table multiple times and talked incessantly. I found him intrusive and a bit creepy. Over all, it was a great experience. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and plan to return.Special Features:
- Food was average, serve slow,reviewVIPDined on 3/31/2013Food was average, serve slow, stations no stocked well at all. Out of syrup, out of olives for the bloody marys, etc. We ate Easter Brunch and they would not include the mimosas and said whoever told me they were included was wrong. I just checked the email THEY sent and I quote " Buffet Includes: Champagne Mimosas, Build Your Own Bloody Mary Bar". We go to the Mosaic's downtown quite a bit, but I will not visit the Des Peres location again. We'll see about downtown, the experience has left a bad taste in my mouth.
- Food was good. There areOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013Food was good. There are so many great things to choose from on the menu. Butternut Squash soup is a must!! They brought out the wrong entrée for me, I didn't realize it - waitress did a good job to 'make it right.' My friend got the lamb, it was very fatty and way undercooked. It took 3 requests from staff to ever get a steak knife. Dessert took over 30 minutes to get to us. The waitress started off very strong, but as the evening went on, we hardly saw her. Both couples' check had an error on them. In general we didn't have a great experience that night (just too many problems), but I know their food is good and I would still recommend someone to go there.Special Features:
- It was a very enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2013It was a very enjoyable experience at Mosaic in Des Peres. My companion and I both had the lettuce wraps and found them quite delicious. Our waiter was knowledgeable and helpful. It was difficult to tell what the noise level would be if the restaurant was crowded as it was a light lunch crowd. We would definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Great place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2013Great restaurant. First time eating at a tappas style restaurant but it will not be the last. Food and service was excellent. Staff was very knowledgeable about the food on the menu and very happy to help in your selection.Special Features:
- First time there, had a giftOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/8/2013First time there, had a gift certificate. Fairly sterile interior, not very warm. Seated right away, took our server awhile to get to us which was ok. Ordered drinks, took awhile for them to arrive. Food was good altho gnocchi came out in a heavy cream sauce not mentioned on the menu...good, but not as advertized. Asked for the bill, took 15 minutes to receive from our server. At this point, the multiple delays are getting annoying. I gave him the gift card, told him to come back and let me know for sure if the amount on the card was accurate. He doesn't come back for awhile, so we get up to leave. As we're walking in the parking lot, he comes flying out the door to let me know the gift card doesn't cover gratuity. Will not be back.
- Love the ambiance of the placewksstlDined on 3/7/2013Love the ambiance of the place and the food is delicious and elegantly presented. It's very noisy from the bar area.Special Features:
- The tapas plates were excellent.nutmegmamaDined on 3/2/2013The tapas plates were excellent. Our favorites were the Ahi Tuna and the Broccoli Salad. We also enjoyed the scallops and mussels. The frites appetizer was really yummy, but generous - probably too much for just the two of us. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Been to Mosaic in Des PeresOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2013Been to Mosaic in Des Peres twice now. Loved it both times. Service was slow but food was superb!Special Features:
- Second time dining at Mosaic,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013Second time dining at Mosaic, first time at the one in Des Peres. The waiter had explained to me that the portions had gotten somewhat larger, and they absolutely were. Still ordered many different plates, and the food was amazing, however, got full quicker than before. Would have liked to have tried more dishes, so that was the only downside to the experience.Special Features:
- Relaxed lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2013Mosaic was a great luncheon venue. There were so many interesting affordable entrees that it was difficult to choose just one, and the added daily special made the choice even harder. The dishes were delicious and well presented. Service was very slow, taking almost 25 min from order to table. Ambiance was great, with plenty of free parking nearby. Note: Also tried the one at airport and they do not have the same menu.Special Features: