6229a River Road
Richmond, VA 23229Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mosaicedibles.com/
- Phone: 8042887482
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch 3:00-5:00 Dinner 5:00 pm- 9:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,Thursday,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Chaisson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: For more information on full scale, large catered events please submit an inquiry on www.mosaicedibles.com
For information on our executive platter and box lunch delivery services please contact Crystal Lowery at email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We have a small separate section of the restaurant for 25 where mingling is allowed. Larger parties over 25 that must move into the main dining room are required to be a seated meal.
Banquet Room Coming in 2013!
- Private Party Contact: Crystal Lowery 8044844661
A word from MOSAIC Restaurant
Serving lunch and dinner daily as well as Sunday brunch. Full bar with extensive beer, specialty cocktail and wine list. Beautiful patio dining available when weather allows. Opened since 1994, our mission has been to effectively nourish body and soul while preserving the highest level of quality and value. The open kitchen and upscale atmosphere of eclectic world cuisine is designed to provide healthy fare in a casual, full service environment. Extraordinary people serving extraordinary people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
MOSAIC Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
MOSAIC Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (87)great for lunch (62)great for outdoor dining (60)fit for foodies (57)great for brunch (42)good for groups (41)special occasion (31)romantic (19)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (10)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DogResQROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Qualifiers: I'm a vegetarian and it was Restaurant Week. There was no vegetarian entree available. The pumpkin soup was bland. The mushroom filling of the raviolis was excellent, but there was far too much pasta (which was thick and very undercooked/hard). The pumpkin tiramisu was really just pumpkin mousse with two hard, store-bought gingersnaps. I had the impression that, while the chef made an effort to provide seasonal options, either the results weren't taste-tested or it was a half-hearted effort.
- Excellent daily specialfoodloveRVADined on 10/17/20144 girlfriends met here for supper to catch up and the atmosphere is perfect for that - not too loud but not so quiet you don't feel you can laugh out loud. I ordered the special which was cornmeal crusted flounder ( fresh) over spaghetti squash. I would not have necessarily come up with this combo but love both so decided to give it a try. It was fabulous. The fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. The spaghetti squash was delicious and the whole thing was sitting in a lovely little pool of some lemony sauce which was the perfect addition. Our service was great attentive without hovering for girls who were not in a rush!Special Features:
- Relaxing dinnerfabyrdDined on 10/16/2014We were able to have a great meal and catch up with some family we had not seen in several years. Great service, great food and we were made to feel we could stay as long as we wanted.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The only problem was the floor had grease on it and ALL of us almost fell. It was very dangerous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- way too much crazy spicesaguyhungryDined on 10/11/2014The soups and appetizers have awful and exotic spices in them. Vinegar too. The food is "oily" and smells funny. The physical atmosphere is great and the staff were friendly but the food was all overcooked and over spiced.Special Features:
- New Waiter?WaitstaffDined on 10/10/2014So, the food was good, as always. We went to try the fall menu. We were outside, first, and it started raining. The waiter said he was getting wet and could we move it. We complied. The waiter lost our orders, complained about the rain, forgot the drink order and asked about 45 minutes in - after we changed tables so he would not be wet! if we might want some "bread or somethin". He did not ask for a dessert order or coffee and told us the special had "ozo" in it. I had to ask if it was orzo... he did not know. Will go back b/c of menu and all the vegetarian offerings... hard to find in this city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and pleasantFrancesDined on 10/9/2014Mosaic continues to be a good choice for a meal with people with lots of different tastes. Limited but decent wine list. Salmon was excellent. Fried oysters were cold and unremarkable. Companions said Mac & Cheese was delicious and perfectly seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Concert MealTripDined on 10/4/2014Food was very good well prepared and served professionally. The server was attentive with out be overbearing. Overall, great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VafanDined on 10/3/2014Food is so delicious! Service is always excellent. Noise level is off the charts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteMCflave68Dined on 10/2/2014Delicious food, interesting options, community focused. Great spot but make reservations cause it's popular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOtisDined on 10/1/2014We always enjoy Mosaic. Great food and drink, friendly folks and a pretty space.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed ourselves!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We got sit in the front by the window so it was cozy in the midst of a busy lunch time. We really enjoyed our lunch…. everyone ordered from the FIT 450 selections. We all were happy with these options for a healthy, low calorie lunch.Special Features:
- lunchstarsDined on 9/24/2014I was able to make reservations on line ahead of time to meet with my executives from out of town. The service and food was exceptional. I recommend MOSAIC Restaurant to others. I cannot wait to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the "fit" menulovetoeatDined on 9/23/2014I've been there several times - very good every time. Nice wine on happy hours special. The "fit" menu is wonderful!! All items are 450 cal and very flavorful!! The portions are smaller than what the folks who what "big plates for the money"...but I like that. The portions are just perfect. Add a side or share an app if you have a bigger appetite - you will love anything you select at this place!!....oh, and the spring rolls are very yummy!Special Features:
- Great!atruefoodieDined on 9/14/2014I had not been to Mosaics for a while and was pleasantly surprised at the nice variety of items offered for brunch and lunch. I had a hard time deciding what to order as many things looked great. I had the Fried Green Tomato BLT and it was outstanding. On the side I ordered fresh fruit which was definitely fresh and delicious. I will definitely go back again . . . and soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everything! BUT the table...hostesswthemostest14Dined on 9/13/2014I'm a Mosaic fan in general- I love the food and have always had great service from my waiter/waitress. However my bone to pick is that they don't EVER seem to account for the requests made when making a reservation. As a former hostess at a very popular restaurant in Richmond, I can tell you that these requests (while a request, not a definite promise) can make or break a dining experience. Even if we were not able to give the patron the request immediately, we would do our best to do so ASAP. Mosaic does not seem to have the same mindset. Two times now I've made reservations and requested a booth, not a difficult request, and neither time did they honor it NOR even acknowledge my request. They simply sat me at a table and walked away.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchArvaDined on 9/13/2014Met with friends and were allowed to enjoy each others company without feeling rushed to order. A total delight and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Road Trip Diningluv2eatDined on 9/7/2014I live close to Petersburg, Va. and usually stay closer to my area. Not anymore...........staff is friendly, recommends food they have tasted, not just what the diner wants to hear. Drinks are good, and food is excellent.Special Features:
- SuddyDined on 9/3/2014Always a great menu and service! Fresh food, nice atmosphere and comfy seating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time with GREAT food7daydinerDined on 8/30/2014We had just finished a quick swim and came in for some appetizers. Catherine is our go to waitress and we always enjoy her great service. She brought us the pail of chips with the truffle dip, corn relish and deviled eggs. My friend who graduated from culinary school in France was delighted with everything we ate. Consistently excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointing dinnerFlldinersVIPDined on 8/29/2014For what it costs, the dinner was very disappointing. We both ordered crab cakes ($24) which were full of fillers and had very little crab. The crab cakes were over some sort of mashed potatoes and surrounded by a string mustard sauce. The sauce was way overpowering. I could not eat it all. The service was good but I probably won't go back any time soonSpecial Features:
- Great for a light lunchMichaelCDined on 8/29/2014A great selection of light foods especially salads. Perfect for a work lunch with something for everyone. Portions are appropriately sized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why make a reservation?OncenawhileDined on 8/28/2014I made a reservation for 3 for dinner so we could celebrate our daughter's birthday. We arrived on time. There were very few people there at the time. We were immediately seated at a table beside where the dirty dishes were placed when tables were bussed & behind the small door that led to the back of the bar area. It was ugly & not at all appetizing. I asked if we could be moved & was told we could go to the other end...by the bathrooms. I asked why would I bother to make a reservation if my seating choices were dirty dishes or the John. We were then seated up front. We had a nice table & our server was fantastic. She knew her stuff, took great care of us, & was so very kind to our daughter. The food, as always, was terrific.Special Features:
- WineyccpatterDined on 8/22/2014Our party of 5 women had waited longer than expected for our cocktais. Our waitress spilled a glass of red wine on our table splashing three of us (all three were wearing white pants). She apologized. The manager came to help clean up the mess. He offered to pay for dry cleaning. At the end of the meal we had expected some sort of compensation on our checks. There was none. Incidently, the red wine was not ordered by anyone at our table.Special Features:
- Mosaic -something for allluv2eatoutDined on 8/21/2014Mosaic has something for the clean eaters, most traditional eaters, and those who like to experience new dishes. I went there with people from my office who have very different tastes in dining. Everyone enjoyed their meal.Wait staff was pleasant but they were having some technology problems, not waitress fault. I will recommend for my Book Club - we have vegetarian and South Beach dieters.Special Features:
- Daughter 16th BirthdayTammiDined on 8/16/2014Thank you for the great service during our first visit to you Restaurant for our daughter 16th Birthday gathering with family and friends. She had a great time and service was awesome. Thank you to the Manager for making it accessible for me due to been confined to a wheelchair. That was our first time coming but it want be the last time we come. Again I say thank you and see you again soon..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Restaurant!jkbt1313eatsDined on 8/15/2014I was with a group of 5. Everything we ordered ~ from wine to our entrees and desserts were top-notch delicious! We are in our 60's and 70's and could chat with each other without having to yell like in so many other places. Our visit,' was relaxing and extremely enjoyable ~ we will be back! And we will gladly recommend Mosiac tour friends and family. It also is in a great location ~ easily accessible from all parts of town.Special Features:
- GrayerDined on 8/12/2014Very nice lunch there once again. Always consistent with food quality, service and all the rest. Highly recommend Mosiac!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The honey siracha chicken was awesome! Reccomend for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating a new jobOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Dad and daughter's took mom out to celebrate her new job. Food was lick the bowl delicious. Service was so-so.
- Neighborhood treasureEatOutAlwaysDined on 8/6/2014I love Mosaic for lunch and dinner. The menu is well-thought and has quite a few options for the super fit type of diner (among others) and they all taste great! On the other hand, once you are finished being fit, you can choose from a great selection of desserts. I judge a lunch restaurant by the quality of its ice tea, and Mosaic's is the best. Reliable service, great local atmosphere and close to a number of fun shops to walk into before or after. Great location next to the University of Richmond, Country Club of Virginia, River Road corridor, and Westhampton area. Close to the bridge for the southside too. My favorite lunch spot in RVA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The entire staff was great, as well as the food. Prices were what I expectedSpecial Features:
- Birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014A group from my work took me there for my birthday! It was wonderful. The food was great, the atmosphere was nice and the service was great as well, what more could you want!Special Features:
- Awesome, as always!AlfiesMomVIPDined on 8/5/2014Mosaic is terrific for lunch as well as dinner - getting everything right, time after time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/4/2014Our dinner on Monday was wonderful! We enjoyed the Tuscan Chicken, Mahi-Mahi, Sriracha-honey Chicken and Mac n Cheese with grilled shrimp. Everyone raved about the delicious food! Our server, Anissa ( I hope I spelled it correctly) was excellent and refilled our water glasses often. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shrimp & gritsmereallyDined on 8/3/2014Have to say I was disappointed with this. I had it off the food truck at Hardwood and it was not bad. This seemed too cheesy. Also the Bloody Mary's were too spicy. If you have an area to add extras to the Bloody Mary's, make the glass big enough. Should have seen my friend carrying bacon in his hand cuz it wouldn't fit. Over priced for what we had. I'll look elsewhere for shrimp & grits.
- First time - won't be the lastDrewDined on 8/2/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday with a Spa day for her, my daughters, niece, grand daughter, and son's fiance. Total of 8 in the party. Topped off with lunch at Mosaic. Food was excellent. Service excellent. Had them prepare a surprise birthday cake for my wife. Again, excellent! It was the perfect addition to the day, simply could not have been better. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really RichmondmadeinrvaDined on 7/31/2014Our dining experience was excellent. Mosaic is all that a real Richmonder would enjoy. The food was magnificent and the server was friendly, intuitive and quite wonderful. She was very knowledgeable, very attentive and has perfect timing! I would recommend Mosaic to everyone!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014Had to wait for a table because their website was down. But the food was very good!Special Features:
- BrunchjaneDined on 7/27/2014We arrived on time and was promptly seated. The service was attentive. Food was yummy!Special Features: