Mosaic Cafe & Catering - Mt. Pleasant
1150 Hungryneck Boulevard
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mosaic Cafe & Catering - Mt. Pleasant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mosaicedibles.com/
- Phone: 8433881490x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Full scale catering services are available through our Unique Events division. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843.388.1490
- Entertainment: Live music weekly with schedule available in-store and on website.
A word from Mosaic Cafe & Catering - Mt. Pleasant
Serving lunch and dinner daily as well as Saturday & Sunday brunch. Full bar with extensive beer, specialty cocktail and wine list. Beautiful patio dining available when weather allows. Opened since 1994, our mission has been to effectively nourish body and soul while preserving the highest level of quality and value. The open kitchen and upscale atmosphere of eclectic California / Mediterranean is designed to provide healthy fare in a casual, full service environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Mosaic Cafe & Catering - Mt. Pleasant - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Mosaic Cafe & Catering - Mt. Pleasant reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (10)special occasion (8)romantic (6)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Fabulous place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014This was our first time but we will surely go back. The food was great and the presentation nice too. Our waitress was so nice and spent time chatting with us and the manager came over several times. Superb overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I hate Brussels sproutsSienna1955Dined on 9/12/2014We ventured into Mt P for Friday night dinner. Spouse had chipotle honey chicken and Mac n cheese, which was good, but veg side was Brussels sprouts, which he doesn't like. Plus they were barely cooked. My Tuscan chicken was delicious. It was served over potatoes, artichoke hearts, squash and Brussels sprouts. I thought I'd try the sprouts, but they were also barely cooked, so really inedible. A lot of people don't like Brussels sprouts, but at least would try them if properly cooked. Waitress served our food promptly but never came back to check on us, did not check to see if our drinks needed refilling, and didn't pay attention when we were through and wanted the check. I think she was new, but needs to be trained if that is the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenaljustchiDined on 9/6/2014We went to Mosaic for Restaurant Week in Charleston. The owner was extremely down-to-earth and welcoming. The staff was amazing. And the food: really incredible. I have been going to Charleston for 30 years and this is literally the best restaurant experience I have ever had. Not packed with tourists. It was truly an amazing find. The owner said that they have been around for 12 years and I plan to visit every time I come to Charleston. We recommended a friend to go the following night.Special Features:
- Great little cafeFoodloverDined on 9/5/2014We went to Mosaic for Restaurant Week to try it out. We will certainly go back! The food was great and the atmosphere was warm and friendly. It is a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent find!luckydog99Dined on 9/5/2014Beautiful restaurant with terrific service and delicious food! We went for the restaurant week special, and every dish they put on our table was delicious. Also try their mac & cheese; you won't regret it. The manager is very friendly and came over at the end of the meal to make sure we were satisfied with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerdinedealDined on 9/3/2014Great food, service, & ambience. System had difficulty with my credit card which is most unusual. Overall, a good dining experience...Special Features:
- Mosaic is a hidden gem!JadeDined on 8/31/2014Everything my group ordered was delicious! Our waitress was friendly and helpful. The grits and bloody marys were my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Food was delicious. Owner very nice and knowledgable.Special Features:
- Wonderful DiningLillyparkeDined on 8/22/2014Fresh wonderful food! Great wine list! Excellent Service!Special Features:
- Never disappointsmrggoesoutDined on 8/18/2014This restaurant is not in a major strip enter and so a little out of the beaten path. However it really is a neighborhood gem and one I need to remember and frequent more often. I had a light seafood pasta type dish on zucchini strips. The waitress pointed out to me that it was not a pasta dish and I said that was why I wanted it! The restaurant has lots if healthy, lower fat entrees which is great. A few others at our table had salads and were very pleased. I have also visited the restaurant for dinner and was equally impressed. Service is always good without being pushy and so you do not feel that you are being rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solidly goodFoodfriendsfunDined on 8/15/2014Had Friday evening dinner at Mosaic after hearing several recos. Decided to sit outside since it was a nice evening. They make the outdoor seating work since they only have sidewalk space, but would have been nice for the tables to have been a bit sturdier (less wobbly). Both of our dishes were well prepared and tasty. I had never had fried salmon, but it was light and flavorful. Staff was accommodating. All in all a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our first dinner at Mosaic so much we went back the next night! We stayed in Mt. Pleasant only two nights so all our dinners there were at Mosaic! The food and presentation were excellent, and we had very friendly and attentive servers both nights. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- AnnetteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014We were celebrating a few accomplishments, my birthday, my son movie release being sold in stores worldwide, my daughter receiving her real estate license my younger son success on his new business my younger daughters new job and my husband closing on a house. We arrived at the restaurant at the change to the dinner hour so we kinda had the restaurant to ourselves. The staff was friendly, our waitress, think her name is Vicky was very pleasant. The food was plentiful and very tasty. I recommend Mosaic highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VirginiansDined on 7/13/2014Nice place. Six in our party and all agree that the food was delicious. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great all around843galDined on 6/26/2014Great food. Several at my table had special requests and all were honored and waitstaff and kitchen handled beautifully! Very attentive and friendly. Wonderful choices on menu. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014shrimp and grits are the best my husband has ever eaten and he's downed tons!!!!Special Features:
- Great FoodBarnabus76VIPDined on 6/8/2014This is one of my go to spots! I have to say that you need to try it, you will like it!!!Special Features:
- Solid ExperiencembuschVIPDined on 5/31/2014Food was fresh, flavorful with interesting choices. Fit cakes (black bean) were excellent. Grits and shrimp were exceptional. Would definitely return. Staff were friendly and accommodating. We were there for dinner, but lunch would be excellent here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll go back!!ElaineDined on 5/30/2014We were visiting Mt Pleasant, and picked this resaturant because of the good reviews. It did not disappoint. The atmosphere was vibrant and we met some friendly locals who frequent there. That was a very good sign. On their recommendations we ordered shrimp and grits and a pasta dish with shrimp. Bread was warm and homemade. Delicious!! They told us if we eve relocated to Mt. Pleasant ,we wouldn't look back. Service was great. My hubby even had flowers delivered to the restaurant--what a man!! We took cookies home--ate em at midnight. very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I hope they cater bettercriticDined on 5/24/2014Server had no knowledge of beer or wine list or menu for that matter. I have no clue why she would be waiting tables my hamburger was uneatable over cooked and way to salty Won't go back
- The following 159 reviews are from the Mosaic Cafe & Catering - Mt. Pleasant reviews archive.
- LuzdineDined on 5/11/2014We were seated right away, staff was very accommodating and efficient. Shrimp and grits were very good. I definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day No HassleciciDined on 5/11/2014Our table near the door was ready on time and the wait staff were super attentive. Food was excellent as alwaysSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014The food was great but the service was not so great. Our drinks never got refilled and we had to wait a long time to get our check. I watched as all the moms were given roses (for mothers day) as they paid the bill and our waiter never offered us any. I had to ask someone for one. I brought my parents there for the first time and it did not leave a good impression. If service was better and things did not take so long it would be a wonderful place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DisasterAwefulDined on 5/11/2014Went there for brunch to celebrate Mother's Day. Took over 45 minutes to get our order (there were only 3 of us). When we asked the waitress what the status of our food was after 35 minutes and watching several tables that came in after us get their food, eat and leave, her response was the Manager will be right over. Manger should up 15 minutes later and offered my wife a free cookie to make up for the horrible experience. What should have been a wonderful day for my wife, was a disaster. Will never go back!
- Will be backCJGarrDined on 5/11/2014We had a great Mother's Day brunch. Enjoyed the many different options on the menu. My Bloody Mary was good and my omelette was amazing. We will definitely go back especially to check out what else they have to offer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againDinerDined on 5/10/2014I ordered the chef special which included a small filet mignon. The first attempt was overcooked, contained significant gristle ,and fat. I sent it back. The second attempt was almost raw and tasteless. My wife's meal was acceptable but nothing to write home about. The manager comped the entire experience and we left before they bussed our table
- Consistently great foodHulagirlDined on 4/25/2014The Mac and cheese is delicious and huge! The brunch is amazing. Love Mosaic!Special Features:
- Nicest Group of People!CharlestonsnomnomDined on 4/23/2014Best service ever... great owners that really give back to the community!!!Special Features:
- Simply Great.MCAT1754Dined on 4/20/2014Made reservations for Easter Sunday. When arrived, seated right away. Hostess and waiter very friendly. Service was wonderful and food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Easter brunch was just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014My group of five went to Mosaic for Easter brunch last Sunday at 1 p.m. Service was fantastic--we had a great waitress. But the food was so-so, and that's not a good thing in a town with outstanding brunches. The shrimp and grits were very rich. The Raines Breakfast--scrambled eggs, bacon and French toast was OK. The bacon was not cooked to order, and the French toast tasted great but had obviously not soaked in the egg mixture, just been quickly dipped. I had the lemon ricotta pancakes. The pancakes and lemon curd were tasty, but the dish needed a sweet component. Overall, I've been to Mosaic enough to know the lunch offerings are great and well-prepared, but I will not be returning for brunch.Special Features:
- dineaticDined on 4/16/2014The food was great, as was the presentation. Staff was also friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!1sadcustomerVIPDined on 4/6/2014When we can't decide where to go, we often end up here. Consisitently great food, although some of our year's old favorites are gone! But new menu items also please us. Michael is just about the best and nicest server we've come across. The salmon special with farro was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, friendlyflemish5Dined on 4/6/2014Great restaurant, friendly service, with taste of local cuisine, easily accessible for travelers staying at Wild Dunes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchCindyBVIPDined on 4/6/2014We were in the Mt Pleasant area for the weekend and wanted to grab brunch before getting on the road -- what a terrific find! The food was fabulous. The Garden Bloody Mary was delicious. We could not have been happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedYummyfoodDined on 4/4/2014Tasty food and good service but small portions did not equal the price. Dessert left alot to be desired. Trying to be upscale but not.Special Features:
- very satisfied with the menuBrettDined on 4/1/2014very satisfied with the menu selection and the outstanding wait service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Restaurant To FindRocket973VIPDined on 3/30/2014Mosaic is a good restaurant for the area. We loved the food, though nothing we ordered was terribly fancy. Our server suggested a Champagne based Sangria instead of the typical wine Sangria which we thoroughly enjoyed. All in all, this is a good go-to restaurant when we are looking for good food, reasonably priced, and don't want to go downtown. We endorse this restaurant and will return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return.chopsDined on 3/29/2014Recently found this restaurant, although it is not new. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The menu is varied with some interesting dishes. Enjoy the small cafe feel. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014This was our first visit to Mosaic and we were pleasantly surprised! The waitress was so nice, with a good and appropriate sense of humor. We never had to ask her for anything! We had the shrimp & grits, quinoa lite fare, and the crispy fried chicken with honey siracha. The mac and cheese is awesome. I hope the chef never changes!! Definetly worth the price and our guest from Atlanta loved everything too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2014Mosaic was a great place for early Sunday dinner with the girls. Restaurant was smartly decorated; the noise level was low so it was easy to chat and the wait staff was attentive and pleasant. We all ordered something different so I was able to taste many dishes. The Curry-Quinoa & Shrimp was fabulous! Just enough curry for taste, not over powering. The Fit Chicken was awesome, as was the Spicy Black Bean Cakes and White Chicken Chile. The special was Grilled Flounder Stuffed with Crab over Chipotle Grits - to die for! Portions were the perfect size, but left little room for the fabulous looking desserts. Will have to try next time, because I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.