Mosaic Cafe & Catering - Mt. Pleasant
1150 Hungryneck Boulevard
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mosaic Cafe & Catering - Mt. Pleasant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mosaicedibles.com/
- Phone: 8433881490x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Full scale catering services are available through our Unique Events division. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843.388.1490
- Entertainment: Live music weekly with schedule available in-store and on website.
A word from Mosaic Cafe & Catering - Mt. Pleasant
Serving lunch and dinner daily as well as Saturday & Sunday brunch. Full bar with extensive beer, specialty cocktail and wine list. Beautiful patio dining available when weather allows. Opened since 1994, our mission has been to effectively nourish body and soul while preserving the highest level of quality and value. The open kitchen and upscale atmosphere of eclectic California / Mediterranean is designed to provide healthy fare in a casual, full service environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Mosaic Cafe & Catering - Mt. Pleasant - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Mosaic Cafe & Catering - Mt. Pleasant reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Food was delicious. Owner very nice and knowledgable.Special Features:
- Solidly goodFoodfriendsfunDined on 8/15/2014Had Friday evening dinner at Mosaic after hearing several recos. Decided to sit outside since it was a nice evening. They make the outdoor seating work since they only have sidewalk space, but would have been nice for the tables to have been a bit sturdier (less wobbly). Both of our dishes were well prepared and tasty. I had never had fried salmon, but it was light and flavorful. Staff was accommodating. All in all a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our first dinner at Mosaic so much we went back the next night! We stayed in Mt. Pleasant only two nights so all our dinners there were at Mosaic! The food and presentation were excellent, and we had very friendly and attentive servers both nights. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- AnnetteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014We were celebrating a few accomplishments, my birthday, my son movie release being sold in stores worldwide, my daughter receiving her real estate license my younger son success on his new business my younger daughters new job and my husband closing on a house. We arrived at the restaurant at the change to the dinner hour so we kinda had the restaurant to ourselves. The staff was friendly, our waitress, think her name is Vicky was very pleasant. The food was plentiful and very tasty. I recommend Mosaic highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VirginiansDined on 7/13/2014Nice place. Six in our party and all agree that the food was delicious. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great all around843galDined on 6/26/2014Great food. Several at my table had special requests and all were honored and waitstaff and kitchen handled beautifully! Very attentive and friendly. Wonderful choices on menu. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014shrimp and grits are the best my husband has ever eaten and he's downed tons!!!!Special Features:
- Great FoodBarnabus76VIPDined on 6/8/2014This is one of my go to spots! I have to say that you need to try it, you will like it!!!Special Features:
- Solid ExperiencembuschVIPDined on 5/31/2014Food was fresh, flavorful with interesting choices. Fit cakes (black bean) were excellent. Grits and shrimp were exceptional. Would definitely return. Staff were friendly and accommodating. We were there for dinner, but lunch would be excellent here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll go back!!ElaineDined on 5/30/2014We were visiting Mt Pleasant, and picked this resaturant because of the good reviews. It did not disappoint. The atmosphere was vibrant and we met some friendly locals who frequent there. That was a very good sign. On their recommendations we ordered shrimp and grits and a pasta dish with shrimp. Bread was warm and homemade. Delicious!! They told us if we eve relocated to Mt. Pleasant ,we wouldn't look back. Service was great. My hubby even had flowers delivered to the restaurant--what a man!! We took cookies home--ate em at midnight. very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I hope they cater bettercriticDined on 5/24/2014Server had no knowledge of beer or wine list or menu for that matter. I have no clue why she would be waiting tables my hamburger was uneatable over cooked and way to salty Won't go back
- LuzdineDined on 5/11/2014We were seated right away, staff was very accommodating and efficient. Shrimp and grits were very good. I definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day No HassleciciDined on 5/11/2014Our table near the door was ready on time and the wait staff were super attentive. Food was excellent as alwaysSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014The food was great but the service was not so great. Our drinks never got refilled and we had to wait a long time to get our check. I watched as all the moms were given roses (for mothers day) as they paid the bill and our waiter never offered us any. I had to ask someone for one. I brought my parents there for the first time and it did not leave a good impression. If service was better and things did not take so long it would be a wonderful place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DisasterAwefulDined on 5/11/2014Went there for brunch to celebrate Mother's Day. Took over 45 minutes to get our order (there were only 3 of us). When we asked the waitress what the status of our food was after 35 minutes and watching several tables that came in after us get their food, eat and leave, her response was the Manager will be right over. Manger should up 15 minutes later and offered my wife a free cookie to make up for the horrible experience. What should have been a wonderful day for my wife, was a disaster. Will never go back!
- Will be backCJGarrDined on 5/11/2014We had a great Mother's Day brunch. Enjoyed the many different options on the menu. My Bloody Mary was good and my omelette was amazing. We will definitely go back especially to check out what else they have to offer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againDinerDined on 5/10/2014I ordered the chef special which included a small filet mignon. The first attempt was overcooked, contained significant gristle ,and fat. I sent it back. The second attempt was almost raw and tasteless. My wife's meal was acceptable but nothing to write home about. The manager comped the entire experience and we left before they bussed our table
- The following 153 reviews are from the Mosaic Cafe & Catering - Mt. Pleasant reviews archive.
- Consistently great foodHulagirlDined on 4/25/2014The Mac and cheese is delicious and huge! The brunch is amazing. Love Mosaic!Special Features:
- Nicest Group of People!CharlestonsnomnomDined on 4/23/2014Best service ever... great owners that really give back to the community!!!Special Features:
- Simply Great.MCAT1754Dined on 4/20/2014Made reservations for Easter Sunday. When arrived, seated right away. Hostess and waiter very friendly. Service was wonderful and food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Easter brunch was just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014My group of five went to Mosaic for Easter brunch last Sunday at 1 p.m. Service was fantastic--we had a great waitress. But the food was so-so, and that's not a good thing in a town with outstanding brunches. The shrimp and grits were very rich. The Raines Breakfast--scrambled eggs, bacon and French toast was OK. The bacon was not cooked to order, and the French toast tasted great but had obviously not soaked in the egg mixture, just been quickly dipped. I had the lemon ricotta pancakes. The pancakes and lemon curd were tasty, but the dish needed a sweet component. Overall, I've been to Mosaic enough to know the lunch offerings are great and well-prepared, but I will not be returning for brunch.Special Features:
- dineaticDined on 4/16/2014The food was great, as was the presentation. Staff was also friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!1sadcustomerVIPDined on 4/6/2014When we can't decide where to go, we often end up here. Consisitently great food, although some of our year's old favorites are gone! But new menu items also please us. Michael is just about the best and nicest server we've come across. The salmon special with farro was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, friendlyflemish5Dined on 4/6/2014Great restaurant, friendly service, with taste of local cuisine, easily accessible for travelers staying at Wild Dunes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchCindyBVIPDined on 4/6/2014We were in the Mt Pleasant area for the weekend and wanted to grab brunch before getting on the road -- what a terrific find! The food was fabulous. The Garden Bloody Mary was delicious. We could not have been happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedYummyfoodDined on 4/4/2014Tasty food and good service but small portions did not equal the price. Dessert left alot to be desired. Trying to be upscale but not.Special Features:
- very satisfied with the menuBrettDined on 4/1/2014very satisfied with the menu selection and the outstanding wait service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Restaurant To FindRocket973VIPDined on 3/30/2014Mosaic is a good restaurant for the area. We loved the food, though nothing we ordered was terribly fancy. Our server suggested a Champagne based Sangria instead of the typical wine Sangria which we thoroughly enjoyed. All in all, this is a good go-to restaurant when we are looking for good food, reasonably priced, and don't want to go downtown. We endorse this restaurant and will return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return.chopsDined on 3/29/2014Recently found this restaurant, although it is not new. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The menu is varied with some interesting dishes. Enjoy the small cafe feel. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014This was our first visit to Mosaic and we were pleasantly surprised! The waitress was so nice, with a good and appropriate sense of humor. We never had to ask her for anything! We had the shrimp & grits, quinoa lite fare, and the crispy fried chicken with honey siracha. The mac and cheese is awesome. I hope the chef never changes!! Definetly worth the price and our guest from Atlanta loved everything too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2014Mosaic was a great place for early Sunday dinner with the girls. Restaurant was smartly decorated; the noise level was low so it was easy to chat and the wait staff was attentive and pleasant. We all ordered something different so I was able to taste many dishes. The Curry-Quinoa & Shrimp was fabulous! Just enough curry for taste, not over powering. The Fit Chicken was awesome, as was the Spicy Black Bean Cakes and White Chicken Chile. The special was Grilled Flounder Stuffed with Crab over Chipotle Grits - to die for! Portions were the perfect size, but left little room for the fabulous looking desserts. Will have to try next time, because I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, very accommodatingHarvey613VIPDined on 3/14/2014We came in with a 4 yr old, 2 yr old and an infant. The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. Very impressed with the food as well. Skirt steak was delicious as was the Mac n cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningJoyceDined on 3/13/2014A family group of 6 recently had dinner at Mosaic. The menu is very interesting - great variety and many interesting options - not the usual boring menu that you find everywhere. Service was outstanding - very helpful in explaining the dishes and the beers. It was a wonderful evening and I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique restaurant in Mount PleasantluvgdfoodVIPDined on 3/9/2014Enjoyed an interesting meal at Mosaic Café. Our choices included shrimp and grits which was well prepared and suitably spiced. The salmon entrée was served with creamy grits and asparagus. The provide an interesting menu which is reasonably priced which is a nice choice in a café in a shopping center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Brunch OptionSirEatALotDined on 3/2/2014Went for a family brunch (we were visiting from all over) before a christening. Food was good- among the six of us we only ordered three different dishes: the lowland breakfast sandwich, fried green tomato BLT and the omelet (with pimento). All we're good, and the dill vodka Bloody Mary was super (and at $6 each, you really should have a few). All in all, a solid place for breakfast or not-too-fancy brunch. They had seating on the sidewalk, which we took advantage of given the great weather on the day we were there. The interior of the restaurant was a little strange (not my taste), but really not a big issue, whether you sit inside or not.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencegrancyDined on 3/1/2014After reading the reviews of several Mt. Pleasant restaurants, we chose Mosaic. We took our family, including 2 children. The staff was most accommodating to the children. They have a kids menu with several options. We shared a few appetizers and all were delicious and the portions adequate. The main courses were outstanding. I am from the north and have a love of shrimp and grits. I was not disappointed. Desserts were decadent. Next time I'm in the area, I'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute Spot, Delicious BrunchhreynoldDined on 3/1/2014This was the perfect spot for my group of friends and family to meet up for a Saturday lunch/brunch. Delicious menu options for lots of different appetites. My sister and husband raved about how good the iced tea was. The macaroni that my niece got off of the kids menu was absolutely fabulous - homeade with many different cheese flavors. The service was good until the very end when it took a long time for checks and refills. But I will absolutely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy MosaicLynneVIPDined on 2/17/2014We had out of town friends, and they took us to dinner. We always love Mosaic - had a great dinner, good service, and enjoyed a good time.Special Features:
- Never disappointed there.SandyDined on 2/14/2014We had an early reservation on Valentine's Day. When we arrived at 6, it was already busy. Valentine's is always a challenge for a restaurant, especially a small one. They had a special Valentine's menu with three courses, but we wanted more choices.. When we asked our waiter if the regular dinner menu was available, he quickly accommodated us. I had the pork chops and 2 huge chops arrived. They had been marinated in something fruity and grilled perfectly. They were so large that I brought home one and a half. My boyfriend is a salmon lover and was not disappointed. Years ago a group of friends had Sunday brunch there regularly and were pleased every single time. Wonderful omelets and Eggs Benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed a delicious lunchMrsMDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed a delicious lunch on Valentine's Day with our server being most attentive. One of our party is vegetarian, and her choices were ample and equally as enjoyable. We especially liked the sweet potato flatbread as a starter. Can't wait for the warmer weather, so we can once again take advantage of the outside dining.Special Features: