Mo's A Place for Steaks - Milwaukee
720 N. Plankinton Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53203Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Mo's A Place for Steaks - Milwaukee
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mosaplaceforsteaks.com/milwaukee
- Phone: 4142720720
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Lounge: Monday - Saturday: open until 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mo's... A Place for Steaks has three elegant private rooms available for your private dining & event needs, plus the upper dining room. You & your guests will receive the same level of service you have become accustomed to in our restaurant, but in an intimate setting.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Couillard 8776258110
A word from Mo's A Place for Steaks - Milwaukee
Mo’s...A Place for Steaks has an ambience others strive for. A sexy yet sophisticated feel, combined with great food & unmatched service create a customized dining experience. It’s not just the wet-aged steaks that arrive beautifully cut, cooked & plated, or the extensive wine list: Mo’s is a luxury that feels luxurious. Settle deep into a leather chair, listen to tunes playing on the baby grand or relax while sipping a martini & think just how good it feels to be you! Culinary delights don’t end with the steaks – you’ll find a wide selection of delicious entrées, appetizers, sides & desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mo's A Place for Steaks - Milwaukee - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Mo's A Place for Steaks - Milwaukee reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)romantic (30)notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (18)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great SteakhouseDisappointedDined on 8/30/2014Mo's is a great, friendly, old-fashioned steakhouse. Comfortable, with great service, Mo's serves as good a steak as one can get -- cooked precisely to the desired temperature, prime pieces of meat, seasoned just right. Mo's can even make a filet -- which I usually consider dull and bland -- come alive.Special Features:
- Dinner was excellentdiningfanDined on 8/23/2014We have dined at Mo's many times and it is always excellent. The service was perfect. The dinner was perfect. We will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sureEatingthroughlifeDined on 8/18/2014I went here on a Monday night for my husband's birthday. While the place wasn't particularly modern, there was a live piano player which won me over in the ambiance category. Our servers, Sarah and Ben, were excellent. We even got a complimentary ice cream topped cookie for dessert. Most of what we ate was delicious (calamari, lobster bisque, filet). However - when my salmon arrived, it didn't taste fresh which was a huge turnoff. Luckily I was already stuffed so I packed it to go for my dog; there goes 30some dollars. I did have a cold so maybe it was just my sense of taste... I don't want to write this place off, but I will definitely not return for the fish.Special Features:
- Great spot but I am reservedJohnnyLVIPDined on 8/9/2014Overall wonderful experience. However, on arrival we were told there were no tables available. We were asked to wait in a small bar area and have a drink. The bar was jammed with no opportunity to get near the bar. My wife, daughter and I were forced into a very small atrium and pushed around by others coming in. The arriving diners all went to tables. Just not us. After 10 min or so we were seated in a largely empty dining area. A bad start to what turned into a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy diningJhildeDined on 8/9/2014Food and service were both great. We had the steak and bacon wrapped scallops. Sides are venous in size and can feed twoSpecial Features:
- great spotmimzDined on 8/9/2014Everything was great and convenient to downtown theatres.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Wow'dloveagoodmealDined on 8/8/2014While I can not say it was bad...I can say it did not live up to my expectations... The food was good but did not live up to its pricing...the service while good....did not wow me. If I had to pick a steakhouse...this would not be a place I would suggest. yet because I had to pick one I said they have a notable wine list...
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014The total dining experience; Mo's has it all. Tremendous food, great service, etc. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealRatfink69Dined on 7/30/2014I normally don't choose steak when dining out as I usually look for something more creative. However, my 2 guests and I had a wonderful meal. We all had filets that were cooked just as we ordered. I added the red wine reduction on the side and it was delicious. The sautéed spinach was firm and had just the right amount of garlic and the sliced cherry tomatoes were a nice touch. The service matched the meal as we received continuous attention. It's not cheap but they delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBigBlind130Dined on 7/26/2014Every aspect of the meal was top notch. When we arrived they made note of our anniversary and the menu said "happy anniversary" on it. The servers (multiple) were attentive and never left us wanting for anything. The food was excellent. The app and salad were good. The steaks we ordered were cooked perfectly and seasoned well. The sides were also very good. Since it was a special occasion they gave us a special free dessert, which was very nice. I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & servicng but...OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/18/2014Good food and service. The only thing that bothered me is a basic salad is included in the price of a dinner. I choose to upgrade my salad to a caesar. Which by the way was very good. I figured there would be an upgrade charge, but was very surprised that they charged as if I had ordered it ala carte - $8 which I considered a rip off. I won't do that again and suggest you don't do it either!Special Features:
- Date-nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014My wife and I were looking for a date night in Milwaukee. We were looking for a good steak house. What we found was a great steak house. Great food great atomosphere great service. We have already made plans to return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary/Birthday DinnerjarogingerDined on 7/9/2014We had our 4th Anniversary & my Birthday Dinner combined in one and it was fantastic. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. I would go back again and recommend them to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was perfect4TheCustomerDined on 7/9/2014I wanted an upscale restaurant with great food & atmosphere, but also somewhere you could dress more casual as I didn't know how my customers would be dressed. While most of the crowd was dressed up, customers were business casual and in jeans. When we first walked in we almost turned around, felt under-dressed. Went in anyway and it was worth it. (I would still recommend business casual attire min). Bartender was great, personable, quick, wait staff was good. Food was very good. Lobster mac fantastic. Customers loved the Wagyu steak which was around $70 for 8 oz (cheap compared to Carnivor). Also didn't feel stiff, I think it was a much better choice than Carnivor for the environment I wanted.
- Personable serviceFoodywithkidsDined on 7/7/2014The wait staff was so personable. We stopped in for dinner with our two kids before a Brewer game. They gave our kids extra attention that made them feel at ease. Food was incredible and our kids said we have to go there every time we visit Milwaukee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too expensive for what you get.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014It was something I would only do once in a lifetime to be honest. Not for the normal family on a budget. It was nice to celebrate our 20th Anniversary, but it's a goos thing that only happens once in a lifetime, cause we could never afford it. Not someplace to take the whole family, unless money is no object!Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2014Katie was very good and knowledgable of the menu. She truly made the experience great.Special Features:
- Great time!mmills723Dined on 6/25/2014My wife and I were driving up from the Chicago suburbs and wanted a nice place to eat before a concert. We were both thrilled that we picked Mo's. The service was first rate and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2014When i walked by and saw the menu i knew i had to try this place out. I was blown away! I did not expect Milwakuee to pull this one out! One of the greatest meals i have had in a long time! If i head back for business I will be sure to dine again.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceCSandWSDined on 6/10/2014My wife and I had dinner at Mo's on June 10. From the greeting by the hostess to the thank you's it was a first class dinner. Our servers were Kate and Emily and they were extremely professional, knowledgeable, and very nice people. My wife had the small filet and I had the scallops and filet. Both meals were excellent. Our side was the twice baked potato which was very good. As it was our anniversary the staff provided a dessert of a warm cookie with chocolate sauce and ice cream. While that doesn't sound like much it was very good. Last year for our anniversary we were at Del Frisco's in NYC. While that was good we both thought Mo's was better.Special Features:
- DinnerBoonDined on 6/6/2014We had dinner there before seeing Tony Bennett. The service and the food were stellar and we had a great time. We would definanatly reccamend and return ourselves.Special Features:
- Special Requests HonoredJSPhotoMilwDined on 6/6/2014My parents and I were celebrating my Mom's 80th birthday (which I noted in my reservation). We received "Happy Birthday" menus and as requested, a table by the window. Mom loved having a 4oz tenderloin steak option and my dad and I split a 16oz NY Strip steak. Ordered a side of asparagus which was as promised, enough for the 3 of us. Mom received a comp birthday desert. All nicely done. My only knock was our beverages didn't arrive until our entres did. Very nicely attentive service otherwise. Perfect for our night to see a show at the Riverside.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014We went to celebrate our daughter's 18th birthday. We had notified the restaurant ahead of time of the occasion. Everyone was attentive - wishing her a happy birthday. We had the menu with Happy Birthday printed on it. The wait staff were wonderful, but the food was Excellent ! One of the best steaks in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS EXPERIENCE!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/30/2014Eating at Mo's is a real treat from start to finish. This particular visit we were served by Sarah and Sal and they were fantastic. The steak was the best ever/anywhere and the sea bass is unbelievable. What a delightful and memorable evening. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saddinnerDined on 5/22/2014steak was good but over priced ,all the sides were so salty unable to eat . Not the Mo,s of the past which was always 4 stars.
- OutstandingstealfanDined on 5/21/2014This was our second time at Mo's, celebrating an anniversary. We were warmly greeted by the hostesses and were seated at our table right away. The servers were also very pleasant and interpersonal. We had a wonderful dinner and were given a special occasion dessert which was out of this world. Food was outstanding. Service was outstanding. We will definitely be back. Next time though we will try to be earlier to find parking which was a headache. We ended up using the valet. The guys were not mean or anything, but they were just not warm, inviting, or attentive. Every place has got to have one small flaw right? Here it was the valet guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumAnthonySVIPDined on 5/17/2014The 8 oz. filet was absolutely delicious! If I could "bottle" the medium-plus preparation from this meal and take it with me then every steak I have the remainder of my life would be perfectly prepared! Furthermore, the service provided by John and Tony was sensational. My only "criticism" would be the "by the glass" wine menu, which was meager. Also, I am surprised that there was only one wine offered in a 375 ml size. Nevertheless, another fantastic meal at Mo's.Special Features:
- Love this place!JackielgDined on 5/17/2014We have now been here twice. Tony and John were our waiters. They were fantastic! The food was so good! We cannot wait to go back again! It's our first pick when we are in Milwaukee.Special Features:
- ExcellentPachuta24Dined on 5/14/2014Food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Filet mignon to die for. Try the truffle fries to accompany your steak. Excellent wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak-a-rificNS53217Dined on 5/10/2014After spending a day in the garden, my husband surprised me with a visit to this much raved about steakhouse located downtown Milwaukee. The filet mignon was superb and did not even need the Mo's steak knife that accompanied the meal. My husband had the raised Short Rib with Asparagus Horseradish Risotto which was a delicious blend of tastes to complement the ribs. We coupled that with a shared portion of broccoli florets and a mound of onion rings. The half portions were more than ample. The waiters we had could not have been more accommodating. Even the busboys made sure your water glass was always full. A pleasant touch was a clean napkin on the table after a visit to the powder room. We will return again and very soon!Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/8/2014always a great experience at Mo's. A bit pricey, but food and service always outstanding!Special Features:
- The following 257 reviews are from the Mo's A Place for Steaks - Milwaukee reviews archive.
- Great food- Great peopleAce4KiDined on 5/3/2014This is one of the only places where once you go you feel at home. The wait staff is always glad to see you and work hard to remember you and call you by name. You are immediately a friend and the service is the best I have experienced.. Kate is always excellent and the bar staff makes us always feel important- I would recommend the Lobster Bisque, the filet and NY Strip and the onion Strings are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & PricingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2014Although we had a wonderful dining experience, we feel the service was excellent, but the food while very good, very pricey.Special Features:
- Outstanding!KEllIDined on 5/3/2014The food is wonderful, the steaks perfectly prepared. Yet, the service made everything taste that much better. The staff was very attentive, but not intrusive. They made us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthdayTikifabtaztikDined on 5/2/2014I came to Milwaukee for my cousin's wedding . A Chicagoan friend surprised me & took me to Mo's for a belated bday dinner. The waygu steak was superb, ultra crisp & the Aussie slye service was divine. Best bday so far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceLulu007Dined on 5/1/2014I came for my birthday dinner with my hubby and preteen, and I must say the food and service was the best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Massively underimpressedbjmanDined on 4/26/2014We went here with great expectations. Being from Texas I expected it to be like a typical high-end steakhouse but the reality was far from this. The steaks were not cooked to the proper temperature and the salad was really worse than what you would get at a Denny's. The decor was not that fancy. The only thing that was good was the attentive service. Would not come back again.Special Features:
- Website needs to be updatedfriendofmilwaukeediningDined on 4/15/2014Dined before a night at Riverside. Website indicated a lighter Bar Menu. When I made reservation I specifically asked to dine off that menu. Menu exists, food does not. No offer to accommodate made. Our party felt misled as we checked.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014I took my boyfriend to Mo's for his birthday and they treated him wonderfully. His menu said "Happy Birthday" on the top of it, he received a delicious half baked giant cookie plate with hot fudge and ice cream on top of it, and at the end of our meal our waiter gave him a card. We were extremely impressed with the food and the service - the experience was truly unforgettable and special. You definitely get your money's worth in the quality and quantity of the food, and also in the exceptional service. We will be back!Special Features:
- not quite as good as expectedLLMKEDined on 4/5/2014We were very happy to find a rather last minute later evening reservation at Mo's. However it left me just a bit disappointed. The service was ok, but salads and soup were brought at the same time. We were told our entrees were ready when we were half way through our soups and salads - and the response was that they would keep it in the kitchen - so my finished steak is just going to sit for the next 15 min? Everything seemed overly salty. The salad was all iceberg lettuce with 2! cherry tomatoes, and 2 cucumber slices. The saving grace of the night was a surprise complimentary slice of cheesecake (maybe because we were literally the last ones in the restaurant and it was just sitting around??) We will go elsewhere next time.Special Features: