Mo's A Place for Steaks - Milwaukee
720 N. Plankinton Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53203Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Mo's A Place for Steaks - Milwaukee
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mosaplaceforsteaks.com/milwaukee
- Phone: (414) 272-0720
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Lounge: Monday - Saturday: open until 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mo's... A Place for Steaks has three elegant private rooms available for your private dining & event needs, plus the upper dining room. You & your guests will receive the same level of service you have become accustomed to in our restaurant, but in an intimate setting.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Couillard 8776258110
A word from Mo's A Place for Steaks - Milwaukee
Mo’s...A Place for Steaks has an ambience others strive for. A sexy yet sophisticated feel, combined with great food & unmatched service create a customized dining experience. It’s not just the wet-aged steaks that arrive beautifully cut, cooked & plated, or the extensive wine list: Mo’s is a luxury that feels luxurious. Settle deep into a leather chair, listen to tunes playing on the baby grand or relax while sipping a martini & think just how good it feels to be you! Culinary delights don’t end with the steaks – you’ll find a wide selection of delicious entrées, appetizers, sides & desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Mo's A Place for Steaks - Milwaukee - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Mo's A Place for Steaks - Milwaukee reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)romantic (31)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (24)good for groups (17)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Mo's get there!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014My wife and I had early resv at 5 pm - sat right on time as they open at five - server promptly over - went through menu and specials - they have two people serve. salads and apps came right out - wedge and house excellent. Shrimp cocktail four huge ones!! Steaks (4oz and 12 oz filets) cooked perfectly - sauces amazing - bacon wraped scallops average. Sides were uger really enough for four people - but came out hot also. Best steaks we have ever had - galic butter - red wine and bearnaise sauces - were outstanding but not really necessary cheesecake with bourbon caramel sauce - stuffed all for $150 including tip!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014Service was fantastic, ambiance very good. An improved menu in a good old fashioned downtown posh restaurant. Although called a "place for steaks", they provide additional good menu options including Chilean sea bass. Our party all ordered steaks and were pleased. It was nice that portions from 4 oz and up were available. One critique of Mo's and US restaurants in general, when Kobe or Wagyu steak is on the menu we expect extremely marbled and tasty meat like we experience in Japan. We ordered one Wagyu steak at Mo's and it was nothing special, in fact my spouse's regular steak (same cut, cooked the same way), seemed to taste slightly better than the Wagyu - all this is to say, ordering Wagyu or Kobe beef in the US has always been disappointing so we're going to give up - all the steaks were good. Mo's provides ala carte side dishes to be shared by the table - the lobster mac and cheese was a crowd pleaser and the sauted spinach was very good. We liked the ala carte system for the sides. Deserts were tasty, NOT killer sweet, and easily big enough for 2 to share. Great service with very good food and nice downtown atmosphere. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It felt special at first...fieldsDined on 11/14/2014I think the food and atmosphere are both really nice attributes of Mo's. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary there recently.The staff was very sweet, but we ended up feeling very rushed by our servers. I found this pretty disappointing because we didn't order an appetizer and I ordered a $60 entree. Free dessert was nice (this was an anniversary treat), but I would have almost rather had an option for a different dessert. A cookie and ice cream didn't really do it for me on my only night out in months. Regardless, it felt odd because we weren't offered a cup of coffee, an additional drink or anything at all. The server took our glasses and gave us the check and we had maybe been there for an hour at that point. I won't be going back anytime soon: there are far too many other fabulous dining options in Milwaukee.
- Grrat serviceJvSsDined on 11/12/2014This is my 4th visit to this restaurant and I love it the foods delicious and service even betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We had great food, great service! Very nice birthday dinner for my husband! A little pricey, so better for special occasions.Special Features:
- Fantastic food!mssnappyVIPDined on 11/7/2014really great food. Works with you if you have food allergies. Service is a little slow, but the food is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First VisitWillTravelForFoodDined on 11/1/2014This was our first visit and we loved the food and the staff were friendly and efficient. We cannot wait to go back next time we are in town! If you enjoy quality food and great service, it is worth every penny!Special Features:
- Always A Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Everytime I am in Milwaukee I make a reservation to eat at Mo's. Great place for meeting clients. Reservations recomended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, SLOW servicemssnappyVIPDined on 10/25/2014We dined here for the Fox 6 dining experience. It was a 3 course meal for $35. Great deal! They were even helpful with food allergies. The have a waitress and a food runner for the table. The service was super slow. Our reservation was for 7:30, and we left there after 9pm. The waitress rarely came over to see if we needed anything. The food runner was pretty swift with removing our dishes, but the time in between courses was super slow. Food was absolutely FANTASTIC! Were it not for the food, I probably wouldn't come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryThunderBuddiesDined on 10/25/2014I brought my girlfriend here for our anniversary and could not have asked for a better night. The staff was so friendly and it was the perfect volume level. I had the Wagyu steak and it was the best cut of meat I have eaten ever. She had the Sicilian Chicken and was also blown away. Overall amazing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We had a great night out with friends. The food was fantastic! It was a little on the noisier side, but it didn't bother us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Truly an Open Tabledineoutoff10Dined on 10/23/2014This restaurant appears to cater to "special" people. Although the food is very good, wine is noteworthy and the wait staff is outstanding, all guests are not valued. We are not regular guests (actually we haven't visited in several years), but we decided to try them again for our wedding anniversary. No one inquired as to the purpose for our outing on a Thursday night in October. And to add insult to injury, a young man who appeared to be headwaiter, greeted quests at every table except ours. He glared at us several times, but he never came over to greet us as he did with the other tables. We have friends who enjoy fine dining, but I would not recommend Mo's to them because it appears that we do not fit their niche.Special Features:
- Outstanding!FoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2014We were out-of-towners looking for a great steakhouse and Mo's was recommended to us by a server at another restaurant. We were so pleased with Mo's. The staff was friendly and the food was superb. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for great food and great service!Special Features:
- Jeff&KarennonamespleaseDined on 10/18/2014Mo's A Place For Steaks in Milwaukee was awesome! The food was amazing - try the truffle mashed potatoes! Atmosphere was classy! Very convenient location to the Riverside Theater! A fun & enjoyable evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valet issuesSageVIPDined on 10/16/2014My car was scratched from the valet for the 2nd time in 2-3 years. Both times they provided a gift card and insurance info to take care of it. With other great steakhouses in town - that don't repeatedly drive my car into the wall, I won't be back so fast. The best thing going for the restaurant is their proximity to the Riverside.
- Wonderful experiencefood4usDined on 10/16/2014My husband and I made reservations at Mo's for our 2nd wedding anniversary. Amazing food, wonderful staff and experience. The chef brought out all of our food...and even surprised us with dessert!! Definitely recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeMUWarriorDined on 10/11/2014Dear Mo's, Thanks for the wonderful hospitality. Ben and Sean, are both great guys and excellent waiter/bartenders. I recommend Mo's regularly for their great ambiance.Special Features:
- Outstanding Steaks-Ambiancequest4perfectionDined on 10/11/2014This is the perfect place for a special occasion or to have dinner before a show at the Riverside Theater (which is right around the corner). You are attended to by two waiters/waitresses during the dinner service (Tony was exceptional), who are very attentive to all of your needs. The food is outstanding (compliments to the chefs), and there is an extensive wine menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakRandyDined on 10/10/2014Mo's is the perfect location for dinner before a performance at the Riverside. The restaurant has a great atmosphere, professional staff and serves one of the finest steaks that I have ever had anywhere. We were late due to traffic, but the staff served us quickly. Parking is convenient also.Special Features:
- Great ServiceMikeDined on 10/8/2014As advertised, the steak (filet) was excellent. The chilean sea bass, however, was mushy & flavorless. Portions were plentifull which helped justify the somewhat pricy menu.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate!STEAKLVRDined on 10/8/2014We celebrated our mother's 70th birthday. The food and service was excellent. Only drawback was that the noise level was a bit high. Overall we had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- First time will NOT be our lastkibbytareVIPDined on 10/4/2014We had the great pleasure to dine for the first time at Mo's while in Milwaukee for Family Weekend at Marquette University. Our daughter requested steak so we looked up steak places and chose Mo's. WOW from the valet to the hostess to the team of table staff we had the service was excellent. The food not only met but exceeded our expectations on all levels. The wine and dessert eqaully delicious. We have four years ahead of us in Milwaukee and MO's will be on our repeat dining list for sure.Special Features:
- Grossly overpricedPollyDined on 10/4/2014Mo's sounded great from the reviews, and the food was fine, but it was really way too much money for what you got. I would not go there again. It's basically steak and potatoes - you can get good steak and potatoes at a lot of other places for a lot less money. We also had a lousy table, my husband sat on the aisle and kept getting bumped by wait staff and other diners. Sides are served family style, and we were told they'd feed 2-3 people, so we ordered two sides. They actually were much bigger than that, and we had many leftovers, which we didn't really want, as we were in a hotel with no way to store them. Overall, a decent meal, but definitely not worth the price.Special Features:
- Casual eleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Great food combined with a relaxing atmosphere! The steaks were superb and the french onion soup was outstanding. The cheesecake finished the evening as 5 star. Very limited but reasonable wine list.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food and ServiceSJN0914Dined on 9/27/2014A wonderful experience! The service was very professional and courteous. And, the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak to die forTonyDined on 9/23/2014Mo's was an excellent steak house. I've been to many all over the world and this one ranks in the top 10%. Service was very attentive. We did have to wait for 15-20 minutes for our table, so we were dining late for Milw. Very eclectic wine list. There was something for the value purchaser and for the one who has to impress the table with a very expensive bottle. You won't go wrong if you go to Mo's!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014Not knowing Milwaukee, we went on a suggestion from a business associate. My four guests raved about aspect of the meal, from appitizers to dessert. service was superb....not hovering....but seemed to always show up at exactly the right time. the young lady from upstate N.Y. and her associates know the business. ShadydealsteelSpecial Features:
- Mo's PlaceMilwaukee1Dined on 9/20/2014I thought the atmosphere was great, we celebrated a romantic birthday evening. The waitress even brought us a cake after dinner. The service was excellent, but the lobster tail and the bone in fillet were both tough, and chewy. Maybe it was an off night in the kitchen. I overall liked the place, there was even a piano player in the bar that we enjoyed after dinner. The main courses were the only disappointment.Special Features:
- Anniversary WeekendAlMadisonDined on 9/6/2014Wonderful experience, food was great. It made our anniversary a very special occasion. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great steaksDougDined on 9/6/2014One of the best steaks I have ever had! Great food, impeccable service, perfect for our anniversary!Special Features:
- Before Theater Dinner DateGraycrownDined on 9/4/2014We found the staff welcoming and thoroughly attention through out our dinner. We each had the mid sized tenderloin plus we split a side order of asparagus and a baked potato. The tenderloin was cooked as requested and both sides arrived hot which is something we always appreciate. We both felt that the salt and garlic seasoning on the tenderloin was a bit stronger than we prefer, but I'm sure that others will be fine with it. On a future visit we would request that they moderate the seasonings to better suit our tastes. Prices are "pricey" but this is a downtown restaurant and beef "ain't gettin any cheaper."Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseDisappointedDined on 8/30/2014Mo's is a great, friendly, old-fashioned steakhouse. Comfortable, with great service, Mo's serves as good a steak as one can get -- cooked precisely to the desired temperature, prime pieces of meat, seasoned just right. Mo's can even make a filet -- which I usually consider dull and bland -- come alive.Special Features:
- Dinner was excellentdiningfanDined on 8/23/2014We have dined at Mo's many times and it is always excellent. The service was perfect. The dinner was perfect. We will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sureEatingthroughlifeDined on 8/18/2014I went here on a Monday night for my husband's birthday. While the place wasn't particularly modern, there was a live piano player which won me over in the ambiance category. Our servers, Sarah and Ben, were excellent. We even got a complimentary ice cream topped cookie for dessert. Most of what we ate was delicious (calamari, lobster bisque, filet). However - when my salmon arrived, it didn't taste fresh which was a huge turnoff. Luckily I was already stuffed so I packed it to go for my dog; there goes 30some dollars. I did have a cold so maybe it was just my sense of taste... I don't want to write this place off, but I will definitely not return for the fish.Special Features:
- Great spot but I am reservedJohnnyLVIPDined on 8/9/2014Overall wonderful experience. However, on arrival we were told there were no tables available. We were asked to wait in a small bar area and have a drink. The bar was jammed with no opportunity to get near the bar. My wife, daughter and I were forced into a very small atrium and pushed around by others coming in. The arriving diners all went to tables. Just not us. After 10 min or so we were seated in a largely empty dining area. A bad start to what turned into a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy diningJhildeDined on 8/9/2014Food and service were both great. We had the steak and bacon wrapped scallops. Sides are venous in size and can feed twoSpecial Features:
- great spotmimzDined on 8/9/2014Everything was great and convenient to downtown theatres.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Wow'dloveagoodmealDined on 8/8/2014While I can not say it was bad...I can say it did not live up to my expectations... The food was good but did not live up to its pricing...the service while good....did not wow me. If I had to pick a steakhouse...this would not be a place I would suggest. yet because I had to pick one I said they have a notable wine list...
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014The total dining experience; Mo's has it all. Tremendous food, great service, etc. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealRatfink69Dined on 7/30/2014I normally don't choose steak when dining out as I usually look for something more creative. However, my 2 guests and I had a wonderful meal. We all had filets that were cooked just as we ordered. I added the red wine reduction on the side and it was delicious. The sautéed spinach was firm and had just the right amount of garlic and the sliced cherry tomatoes were a nice touch. The service matched the meal as we received continuous attention. It's not cheap but they delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 280 reviews are from the Mo's A Place for Steaks - Milwaukee reviews archive.