Mo's a Place for Steaks - Houston
1801 Post Oak Boulevard
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Mo's a Place for Steaks - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mosaplaceforsteaks.com/houston
- Phone: 7138770720
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Lounge: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mo's...A Place for Steaks offers 2 elegant rooms available for your private dining & event needs.
- Private Party Contact: Event Planner 7138770720
- Entertainment: Piano Entertainment
Monday - Thursday: 6:30pm - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 7:00pm - 11:00pm
A word from Mo's a Place for Steaks - Houston
Mo’s...A Place for Steaks has an ambience others strive for. A sexy yet sophisticated feel, combined with great food & unmatched service create a customized dining experience. It’s not just the wet-aged steaks that arrive beautifully cut, cooked & plated, or the extensive wine list: Mo’s is a luxury that feels luxurious. Settle deep into a leather chair, listen to tunes playing on the baby grand or relax on the patio while sipping a martini & think just how good it feels to be you!Continued
Culinary delights don’t end with the steaks – you’ll find a wide selection of delicious entrées, appetizers, sides & desserts.
Culinary delights don’t end with the steaks – you’ll find a wide selection of delicious entrées, appetizers, sides & desserts.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Mo's a Place for Steaks - Houston - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Mo's a Place for Steaks - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (17)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (11)notable wine list (11)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Our 20th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014This was our first visit to MO's and we will be back. Initially we were going to be seated on the bar side where they have a entertainer on the grand piano, but it was too noisey. I explained that it was our anniversary and they accommodated us with a much more intimate table. Our waiter Henry was outstanding and the hostess went out of her way to check on us throughout our visit which I thought was very nice and showed there superior service and attention to detail. A great experience from start to finish and I definately recommend Mo's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulKatydvrVIPDined on 10/8/2014We had to wait even though there were several open tables even with reservation. Staff at front and servers and catering person lacked knowledge in several areas. Booth seats were visibly worn, napkins torn, food quality lacking, desserts not in line with the rest of the menu, poor service all around. Not worth it for $600 for 2. I was there to look at booking private event for 35 but would definitely not nor will I be back or recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Anniversary date.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014They really made it special for us! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014This was my first trip to Houston and to MO's. Nice restaurant but when we got there music was thumping pretty loud. Almost had to shout to hear my wife in our booth. The music eventually quieted down and there was a singer on the piano that was playing some nice mellow music. Ahh, that was a welcome relief.Special Features:
- Mos A Horrible PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014My seat cushion was torn, I felt as if I was sitting in a run-down strip club. Ordered crab cakes - I got one tiny crab cake for $19. Ordered a medium steak - got a burnt tasting well steak that was dry and the meat was not of good quality. Had to ask the bus boy to find my waiter who said it was the marbling and it was suppose to taste like that. I have had better steak at Texas Land & Cattle. Ordered a lobster - got one small lobster tail for $60. No wonder this place was empty on a sat evening. I am going to Eddie V's next time. The complimentary chocolate cake doesn't even come close to make up for the above. Felt bad for waiter on an empty Saturday evening so still left a good tip.Special Features:
- Great Food, So-So ServiceitsgabrafVIPDined on 9/12/2014Hands down Mo's is THE place for steaks. Been here plenty of times but the service is always hit or miss. This last time it seemed like our waiter just would forget about us, it wasn't even a busy night (maybe 4 tables max in the dining room). Checking up on our drinks wasn't followed up on after our initial order until well into our dinner, even though our glasses were empty for quite a while. Cute for dates, great for drinks, so-so on serviceSpecial Features:
- Not a real reviewkuntryqueenDined on 9/1/2014I really can't write a review on Mo's A Place for Steaks because OpenTable messed up my reservations. I made reservations on 8/29/14 for 9/1/14 at 7pm. I was celebrating my wedding anniversary. The manager of the restaurant called me that morning to inform me that the restaurant was closed for Labor Day stating that he wasn't sure how OpenTable allowed me to make reservations. The manager was extremely nice about the whole situation and we ended up making reservations for later on in the week. Just an FYI for those of you using OpenTable to book restaurants... double check to make sure that the restaurant is open on the day you want to go (especially holidays).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why did MO's participate in HRW?DisappointedDined on 8/29/2014After being seated 30 minutes late for our reservation - service immediately changed when 2 servers turned into 1/2 a server after they realized we were ordering from Houston Restaurant Week menu. Worst service and experience ever - will not return. Our entree was served 50 minutes after we sat down - while others around us were attended and served well within reason. We ordered champagne at the bar while we waited and weren't asked if we wanted another glass or other wine or cocktails. Worst service ever - if restaurant and servers don't to to participate in HRW than don't put your name on the list. The food was mediocre at best.
- Noisy, slow servicebeststeakintownDined on 8/29/2014Thought the restaurant was too noisy...I could not hear the waiter. Also the service was very slow and the food was just averageSpecial Features:
- Off-tasting steakhoustonianDined on 8/28/2014Had the aged bone-in strip. Was not able to eat most of it (sent it back after eating a third), as there was a sour taste to this steak. The fully cooked edge, seemed to have less/no sour taste, but as I started eating the rarer sections, it was clear something was off. Others at the table had the same steak, but theirs tasted better. Told the waiter, and nothing happened (other than "I will tell the chef"). The issue was never addressed again, but we received a free dessert.
- Business DinnerDezinerDined on 8/25/2014We had dinner at Moe's during restaurant week. One diner had chicken which was dry and tasteless. I had the snapper and it was great, and the steak filet was great also. He had to ask twice for another drink, and there were only 3 tables in our section filled. Very nice experience overall.Special Features:
- Awful ServiceRandSDineAlotDined on 8/25/2014This was our second visit to Mo's. The first time we had an incredible experience. This time, our service was so bad I had to talk to the manager on the way out. Our waiter was very off his game and that led to a very poor experience. He took our order and then brought our check. They use a team approach and no one said a word to us while serving food, clearing dishes, etc. No one came back to check on our satisfaction. My steak was undercooked and I did not have a chance to make it right. The food is very good and the atmosphere was nice.Special Features:
- Houston Restaurant Weeks 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Went with family to celebrate a couple of birthdays. The quality of the steaks was top-notch. Desserts rocked! Service was fantastic -- very attentive.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We came here during Houston Restaurant Week 2014 and we were all very impressed. The food was delicious and the service was on point. Everyone took such great care of us. I'll be going here again (even with the full priced menu).Special Features:
- We miss JOHN!MotowngirlVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our favorite waiter now only works big parties so that was sad. He is a great waiter and the person we had instead just did't measure up. Food however was good as always.Special Features:
- The staff made us feel welcomed.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014We had reservations outside, and they accomdated us when we asked if we could sit inside.Special Features:
- Mo! Mo! Mo!ZbeachbumDined on 8/14/2014Went for Houston restaurant weeks but will be returning! Excellent service, food, and a very entertaining atmosphere ! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- be sure when you booknibblesVIPDined on 8/13/2014the food is wonderful; however they had rented out the small restaurant bar for a fund raiser and a live band blew out out of our seats-deafening noise-at least one other table left-we had ordered and had our salads so we asked for the rest to take away. The manager was most apologetic and said please come back again and was most gracious. Our food while not warm when we arrived home was delicious. So I would recommend going to this restaurant which is very expensive but check and make sure they have not booked something with a live and loud band. people watching is interesting lots of young professionals. Tuesday nights might be band night, bewareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent serviceDanSDined on 8/9/2014Mo's is one of one of my top five restaurants in Houston. This evening just furthered my ranking. Their steaks are always very tender, cooked properly and flavorful. Service is as good as it gets.Special Features:
- Early bird catches the ...phatgirlslimDined on 8/6/2014Had been to Mo's several years back and saw them on the Restaurant Week list. Perfect opportunity to take my man for a romantic late night dinner. He loved the food and the service was excellent. So glad they were open past 10 pm during a weeknight as we loved the more intimate and private atmosphere. Only downfall was they were out of the "Big Shorty" off the menu as this was a best seller that day. May need to go back soon to get that fix. Everything else was absolutely awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerJenzinhoDined on 8/1/2014If you are looking for great meat come here ! Outstanding food.Special Features:
- Great food and ServiceEdf281Dined on 7/19/2014Went for our anniversary, they had a happy anniversary card ready for us when we arrived and service was very very attentive ! Food was perfect. We even had our two boys with us and they were extremely nice and attentive to them as well. Definitely would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MboykinDined on 7/19/2014The food was great. Excellent service, our waiter was very attentive and helpful. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cigars Welcome!BloveDined on 7/17/2014I wanted an outdoor steak house where my friend could smoke a BD cigar. Thankfully , MO's basically caters to that outdoor venue! The steaks are a little pricey, but sumptuous. The sides are all wonderful, but the service is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Really great and friendly service. Good food and just enough attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 179 reviews are from the Mo's a Place for Steaks - Houston reviews archive.
- First experienceSJo143Dined on 6/21/2014Great food even though it is overpriced. Good service. We had two waiters and it was not crowded so I expected the service would have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/5/2014Simply, the food and service were as good as it gets.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulMotowngirlVIPDined on 5/31/2014We just love this place the service from John is always perfect and the good is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor food quality, and overpricedTHEODined on 5/31/2014The food was very low quality for the prices they charge. The fish was not fresh. The steak was tough and way over priced. The potatoes were hard, over cooked,the bacon Was over cooked and hard, and was over salted. The only good thing was the waiter, he was excellent.Special Features:
- New SpotGoodFoodEqualsLoveDined on 5/24/2014To put it mildly, Mo's was amazing!! I have never had better service and the steak selection was truly top notch. I also like the fact that I didn't have to donate a kidney to pay for our dinner! I definitely recommend the bone in filet and the Mac n Cheese was to die for! And one last piece of advise- try the cinnamon roll! You will need to call ahead the day before and request it, but it's well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little refinement.WPR1947VIPDined on 5/17/2014Mo's is my wife's favorite steak restaurant in Houston. She loves the 4 once Kobe beef fillet. Consequently, we come here often. While the steaks at Mo's are excellent there are times when I prefer a seafood food entree. The menu has had the same salmon and sea bass options for over a year. Steak, to me, is timeless and needs no refreshening. Seafood on the other hand would benifit from "a nightly special" consisting of what is seasonal or especially available. That said Mo's is my wife's favorite and we will continue to be frequent guests.Special Features:
- A must when in townDacomacowgirlDined on 5/2/2014We love coming to Mo's when we are in town for business- defiantly worth the price! Love the cinnamon rolls!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestLuv2eatsteakDined on 4/25/2014Ask for medium well steaks however they were both over cooked. I've eaten many ribeye steaks in Houston this was no where near the taste and tenderness of other big steak houses in Houston. On the other hand the service was top notch from valet parking to the service staff. No other Houston Steak House could beat the service at Mo's.
- Steak was ok...Tuttay42VIPDined on 4/21/2014Truthfully, I was disappointed with the steak. I order the prime fillet, 12 oz - asked for it to be cooked medium and it came out well done. Quality did not even seem great. Surprised that this place was highly rated by others. Del Frisco and Pappas are miles ahead. Outside patio is very nice but likely will not go again. Sorry....in Houston with so many great steak houses, there is no second chance.
- Good food - can be priceyClosedVIPDined on 4/18/2014Good food, great service - the bill does add up. Dinner for 2 was $200. But - we had 2 martinis, 2 entrees, and a $60 bottle of wine. Portions were large. I do like that the entrees come with sides, which seems to be unusual for a steakhouse these days. You can also order additional sides. Would return again.Special Features:
- Gift Card at Mo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2014Had a $100 gift card that would not process correctly. Said it had no value even though the card had never been used. Cards original activation date was 4/15/13 and was suppose to be good for 1 year After a discussion with the waiter and General Manager they accepted the the card and applied it to my bill. Very nice consideration for the customer. Definitely will visit Mo's again! Great Place, Food, Table service, Customer Service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not an upscale restaurantweekenderDined on 4/12/2014We were very disappointed with the atmosphere. The seats of the booth we were in were torn and ragged. Waitresses looked like they worked at sleezy bar instead of what is supposed to be an upscale restaurant. One had a black tank top low cut dress with her bra straps showing in the back. VERY TACKY! Waitresses mainly worked the outdoors but some came in to chat with customers. Waiters had classy uniforms: white shirt, tie, white coat. Service from the waiters was great. Steak was fantastic, rest of food just mediocre. For the price I expected a lot more all around. 80% of customers had jeans - no dress code apparently. We won't be returning. Morton's is just around the corner and is a much better, classier dining experience!
- Mo's is a great place for steaksRandSDineAlotDined on 3/29/2014We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary at Mo's and were thoroughly impressed. The atmosphere was your typical high end steakhouse. It was quiet and romantic. Our waiter was outstanding. John was attentive and professional yet he engaged in conversation throughout the evening and made us feel very comfortable. The food was outstanding. My bone in filet was to die for. My wife had the braised ribs that just melted in your mouth. We were served a complimentary dessert personalized for our special occasion. We will definitely return on our next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, overly attentive serviceRegularDinerDined on 3/1/2014Mo's was a good choice for a meal for two (do make sure to get one of the booth's though). They had a great pianist playing and singing at the other end of the restaurant, but it would have been a little too loud if I'd been much closer (I was as far away as it was possible to get). The food was very well prepared, steak was of fine quality and the sides were good too. Each side was ridiculously large (would easily have fed four if not more), it seems a bit of a waste of food, but then I'm in Texas.... Last thing, the service is too attentive. I hate being interrupted in the flow of conversation every few minutes to check everything is ok. If it's not I will say, but constantly interrupting isn't (in my view) great service.Special Features:
- One of Houston's bestRiggittDined on 3/1/2014They really mean it when they say "Mo's, the place for steak". You can't finally a better steak in Houston. Believe me, my wife and I have tried. Steaks can be tricky depending on the thickness. We both order filets(different kinds). They were proper thickness for the portion and cooked exactly as we asked. The sides are gourmet. Dessert are delicious! Serves is best in town. We have extend the seafood in the past and it was also perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.