Morton's The Steakhouse - World Trade Center
New York, NY 10006Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - World Trade Center
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 2126080171x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room: Monday to Friday: 1130am - 10pm
Saturday to Sunday: 4pm - 10pm
Bar Hours: Monday to Friday: 1130am - 11pm
Saturday to Sunday: 4pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dan Drucker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton’s Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - World Trade Center
Thank you for choosing Morton’s The Steakhouse - New York (World Trade Center). We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, Private Dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit our website. To ensure we can accommodate any special requests, please call the restaurant directly to confirm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - World Trade Center - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - World Trade Center reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)romantic (33)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (30)great for lunch (29)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (23)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014I went for after dinner drinks and dessert and it was a very good atmosphere and the service was impeccable. I am not a big steak fan anymore, but they looked great and if you are steak eater, please get to this restaurant....they know what they are doing!Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2014Consistently cordial and attentive service; great menu(s) and food preparation always perfectly and exactly as requested; neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014There are so many charming steakhouses in the neighborhood that have far more charm. I also don't love that the steak was covered in butter - seems to me that the garlic was there to cover a subpar steak. Very attentive - many too much so. Only ok. Better places just a few blocks away.Special Features:
- PamprappVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great food and great service. The steaks were a bit overcooked, so when you go there order them more rare. The service was great and the wait staff was very nice.Special Features:
- Great foodRuffianDined on 8/23/2014We went for a birthday celebration and they made it quite special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Romantic and RelaxingNativeAZDined on 8/17/2014From the moment we walked in, the staff called us by name, and went out of their way to make us feel important. The food was absolutely perfect. Never an empty glass. Highly recommended for a special night out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meallaurenDined on 8/15/2014Everything about this meal was delicious - from the onion bread to the chocolate mousse. The service was great, as well. We will certainly be back on another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulCitygirl523Dined on 8/15/2014We ended up leaving because after 20 minutes not one person even acknowledged us. I was extremely disappointed - this felt like a cafeteria and NOT Morton's.
- FabulouslovelostDined on 8/15/2014I wasn't sure what to expect as this was my first visit. I had the same dinner at Morton's midtown location two days prior. I was amazed by the slight differences that made this World Trade Center location such a gem. The lemon zest added to the dish and the texture of the salmon made it so much better. The staff were attentive and work so well together, I didn't want to leave.Special Features:
- It's okMsFoodieDined on 8/14/2014Ordered medium-well steak but came well done. Desserts are too sweet.Special Features:
- Fresh bread and dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Hi, I went with a co-worker to check out Morton's during restaurant week as we've never been there before. The fresh bread and the chocolate dessert were amazing, I filled up the bread alone. =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just beef!MackLFDined on 8/13/2014This was an incredible meal...and not just the beef! The shrimp scampi was perfection, the pork chops were tender and of course the steak melted in your mouth!Special Features:
- Great foodFoodieDined on 8/13/2014We went during Restaurant week. We had a wonderful experience with great food, nice wine, and good service. I would definitely go back again even after restaurant week ends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro quality foodWinnieNYCDined on 8/12/2014Their food sucks. Salad was warm and stingy on ingredients (except lettuce). The filet was not hot, and it wasn't medium rare that i ordered. I couldn't taste the potato in their mashed potato, way too much cream & butter. My friend had shrimp scampi which was horrible - chicken textured shrimp with tasteless oil soaked angel hair mixed with garlic & spinach. Chocolate mousse tasted like they got it from a diner. The most disgusting dish was their cheesecake - watery at bottom, not creamy, not smooth, tasted like aged tofu... I put it down after one small bite. The waiter was ok. The manager interrupted us 2x and asked about the food while we were eating, but not when i put down my cheesecake after a bite.
- Over priced, over ratedFood4thoughtVIPDined on 8/9/2014Way too many grea steakhouses in NYC to pay these prices. I'm all for fine dining but like to get what I pay for and this place was lacking from the food to the service. Overall just an okay steakhouse.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!QueenaDined on 8/7/2014Came here in restaurant week for a nice dinner. Fantastic food & wonderful customer services! DEFINITELY a must visit if you are looking for a good steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Gem!LadySocrates2Dined on 8/6/2014My co-worker and I went here for lunch during restaurant week and we were not disappointed! Some restaurant week menus leave something to be desired but this one has a pretty good sampling of what Morton's has to offer. Everything was amazing! The key lime pie for desser was delicious. The service was great as well. Overall great experience for restaurant week or anytime.Special Features:
- Service a horrorNyctamDined on 8/6/2014From the manager to the waitress I am not sure when I have ever been exposed to such terrible service.
- daddooDined on 8/5/2014Without even asking the air conditioning was lowered. We did not request this but it was noticed that my Daughter was cold. Things like this make a memorable event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014We came in for the food and left with an amazing experience. The staff are just great at making your night special there. Totally recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/5/2014Steaks were great - had a bone in rib eye with foie gras truffle butter on the side - probably the best steak I've had. Sides were good but not great but you're not going for the side dishes. Service was fantastic. Menu offers several options for other than steak so really appealing for everyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as expectedDorisDined on 8/3/2014The food is disappointed. I got smell all over my dress as they have an open kitchen.Special Features:
- GlottVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent steak and sides. Extensive wine list. Tuna appetizer recommended.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Great food, beautiful restaurant, amazing staff, what more can a girl ask for after a hard days work?!?!? I will definitely be back for the best steak I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally enjoyableCrazyDiamondDined on 8/1/2014We absolutely loved the place. The food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service is outstandingLilianDined on 8/1/2014Service is outstanding, made people very comfortable. Food is not bad.Special Features:
- Very ImpressedJespo4Dined on 7/31/2014I searched within the restaurants for restaurant week and sorted by reviews and this speicfic Morton's location was the top rated with my search criteria, so I figured my wife and I would try it out. I was extremely impressed with the food and the service, I will definitely go back again and experience more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suzanne11566Dined on 7/31/2014Always good spot to have a quiet lunch. Food and service never disappoint!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014We had lunch at Morton's during restaurant week and enjoyed the split pork chops and chicken. The home made key lime pie was excellent. The waitress and other staff were very attentive and pleasant.Special Features:
- Great food, fantastic staffMishaDined on 7/29/2014I had never been to Morton's before and surprised my New Yorker boyfriend with a trip there for Restaurant Week. We each had the special and loved each bite. Our waiter William was smart and funny, he kept everything perfectly timed and was hilarious. Over all I plan on going back as long as I know he's there and has keylime pie!Special Features:
- Winning CombinationSteakLoverVIPDined on 7/29/2014Morton's WTC has put together an all star team, much like the 1991 Pittsburgh Pirates and Penguins! The attentiveness of their management and staff combined with their amazing steaks makes it a new spot downtown that should not be missed. My bone in ribeye was cooked a perfect medium rare and I savored every bite. The side items are delicious and big enough to share. Morton's continues to be my go to anytime I am in the area!!
- Not as good as expected.WinnieDined on 7/28/2014The restaurant week filet is dry, but the service is good. We are not told of the additional charge of special steak sauce which cost $16 extra. It is overrated, at least for the restaurant week menu.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Near WTC MemorialRainManDined on 7/27/2014Family of five enjoyed a Restaurant Week dinner on a quiet Sunday evening in July. Food and service were both excellent. Proximity to WTC Memorial is a bonus as it is only one block away. Due to construction and one-way streets in the area, getting to restaurant can be tricky, so allow a little extra time.Special Features:
- Exquisite diningluvfoodDined on 7/26/2014The entire staff was friendly, respectful, and seemed genuinely excited that we were dining in their restaurant. Our waitress was professional (w/ some pizzazz), and extremely helpful with meaningful advice on food and drinks. Although it was our first time at this Morton's, we felt like regulars. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a terrific meal with great ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Steaks!moodyfoodyVIPDined on 7/25/2014We went to Morton's on Restaurant Week and thought that our meal was great! We each had the 6 oz filet, which we worried would be a bit small, but it turned out that by the time we finished our appetizers, sides, and desserts, everyone was more than satisfied. The steaks were cooked perfectly, and we barely needed a knife to cut them. This is a great restaurant ALL the time, and a wonderful bargain on Restaurant Week!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/25/2014How the mighty have fallen. What used to be a decent steakhouse is now a poor excuse for a chain restaurant. The lettuce was wilted, the filet was tasteless and certainly not prime. Not even sure if it was choice. The potatoes were dry and tasteless. The only positive response at the table was for the salmon. No reason to go here.
- Two Brothers Enjoying MortonsYummyYummyDined on 7/25/2014My two sons went to Morton's, as one was visiting the other. They raved about the food, and had a fantastic time at the restaurant. Based on their descriptions, I am looking forward to visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!LaurenAOKDined on 7/25/2014My boyfriend and I came here to celebrate our third anniversary together. We're young and don't have much money, so dinner at a place this nice was a huge treat for us. We were not disappointed. The food was great and the service was even better. When our server found out it was our anniversary, he took a photo of us and printed it out and put it in a card. So thoughtful! Also, the cheesecake was some of the best I've ever had. Thanks for a special night, Morton's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening out with my wifeItailanfoodpro1Dined on 7/25/2014We were early for our reservation and the host seated us immediately. Our waitress was very pleasant and knowledgeable of both the food and drink me us. The manager was attentive and was checking in on each guest to insure a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!Luv2dineDined on 7/25/2014The ambiance was great as was the food. I would highly recommend Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.