Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains
9 Maple Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (914) 683-6101
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in White Plains hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/whiteplains
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty, a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains - Best Restaurants in White Plains ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)romantic (55)good for groups (46)fit for foodies (44)notable wine list (41)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (14)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Overpriced and low qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014I always wanted to try Morton's for a long time. I could have waited a lot longer. Crab meat cocktail was small and the lettuce was wilted. The filet had a huge vein going through it. The onion rings the beer was the best part!!!!!
- YUMMY!!!!Sue59Dined on 11/16/2014My family ate dinner Sunday night at Morton's during restaurant week. The portions were a very nice size and the steaks were soft like butter. I had the salmon which also was very good. The chocolate mousse was delish and so was my husband's cheesecake. They kept the water glasses full and the soda just kept coming. Next big occasion I have to remember this restaurant cause once you go to a place this good why go anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing diningLoveliestVIPDined on 11/15/2014This restaurant is located in a mall where you MUST pay for parking! The food is very ordinary. Our waitress was robotic. We were there to celebrate a birthday.......the wine list was limited and very costly. I've been to many Mortons Restaurants ....this was by far the worst one. Nicest part of the restaurant was the hostess who seated us. She was welcoming........!
- celebrated a birthday and a anniversary night.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014This is a great place for any occasion. Steaks were amazing even at well done. Service by Terry was friendly and helpful. We will be dining at Mortons again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly poor serviceEmmaDined on 11/14/2014After initial attention, including serving our wines, taking our orders, we had to ask that our food be brought out. Steaks were NOT hot. Other entrees were brought out HOT.... Huge lull between end of dinner and return of waiter with dessert. Had to ask. Nearby diners came after we were seated and were served three courses and left before we were finally served our dessert. Same number of patrons in their party and not rushed. This was not our first time at Morton's. It may well be our last.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/14/2014We have had a number of very fine meals at this Morton's. However, this was the best of them all. Every food item ordered was perfectly prepared and high quality. The entree and sides matched perfectly. Our drinks were a little mundane, but still fine. The waitress was excellent in her knowledge of the menu and speed of serving us. I was the only negative of the night as I thought that I had brought along two e-gift cards, but had a duplicate of one. The manager handled my question on this in exactly the right fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FINDverypleasednfDined on 11/12/2014WE were very content with service food and will becoming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pjjwDined on 11/10/2014Attentive , prompt service. was prepared for our special dietary instructions when we arrived. good place for steaksSpecial Features:
- Great dining experiencegourmetguruDined on 11/9/2014This was part of my husband's birthday gift. I took him and our daughter for dinner. The service and food were exceptional and my husband was treated like royalty. Even he, who rarely makes note of appreciation, was particularly pleased with his dining celebration. Couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- DissapointmentTotaldisappointmentDined on 11/7/2014Went to Morton's for dinner during restaurant week. We sat at the bar area and ordered from the pre-fixed menu. The service was poor and the waitress was not engaging at all. She just threw a plate in our table and then pour over more coffee after I had said I didn't want a refill. The food was not what I expected from such a well known steakhouse. I Will not be going back. There are much better restaurants in Westchester that have excellent service and food.
- Great foodTheatergoerDined on 11/7/2014My boyfriend and I went for dinner during restaurant week, both of us having dined here previously. I had the chicken bianco and chocolate mousse while he had the wedge salad, 6 oz filet with mashed potatoes, and key lime pie. The food was fantastic. The waitstaff was very attentive. I would not necessarily bring small children here, although there were some families there with small children, as it can be very pricey. We had an 8:30pm reservation but were not seated until almost 9pm, and there were several parties who walked in after us and were seated before us. While this was a sore spot, the host was constantly cheerful and got us seated right away when he noticed that this was annoying us. Overall a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArlineDined on 11/7/2014The food was excellent as was the service. The Restaurant Week special menu was a very good value.Special Features:
- Great time!mangiababyDined on 11/4/2014Went to Morton's for HV Restaurant Week. It is someplace I would not normally go so I figured I'd give it a try. Food was great and the service was fantastic. We were not rushed at all. Everything was explained and we were given time to absorb and look at everything. Only complaint would be that the Restaurant Week menu is not offered right off the bat, we had to ask for it. Overall it was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and great ServiceeatoutmomDined on 11/4/2014We were immediately greated and shared our names with the bartender and staff. The food and drinks were very good. Excellent service by the staff . Would definitely go back and highly recommended to my friends and family.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!ChappaquaDined on 11/3/2014Three of us went to Morton's and selected the Restaurant Week menu. The food was simply Outstanding.Special Features:
- great diningswetjaspiceDined on 11/3/2014wonderful experience and service. food was tasteful and rich... amazing service and staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasions -very nicegrandmasbirthdayDined on 11/1/2014We always take my in-laws here for birthdays...the staff is wonderful and they make your special occasion a happy one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice timeCount69Dined on 10/31/2014Had a very nice and relaxed time. Food was good. Took a while to get bread to table and drink took a little time to get to table too. Would love to come back if you had more specials priced meals. Should be back for aniversal. Just hoping for a specials meals pricing. Please send email on specials. Thx very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatJimRVIPDined on 10/31/2014We make it to Morton's several times per year and this White Plains NY location has become our home Morton's following the closure of the Stamford CT site. This is better run and even more consistent. The filet, veal chop, horseradish mashed potatoes, salads, key lime pie and monstrous slice of chocolate cake were all wonderful. Yet even they were outdone by a black truffle mashed cauliflower side. Great meal and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less Special as time goes byBabaBearDined on 10/31/2014Morton's was know for the flair they serve steak, with table side preparation of Caesar Salad and trolley display of the evening's menu. Unfortunately both have gone into the history book. The last few times I have been there, the steak came out just warm, not sizzling hot. They do not use warm plates to serve their steak which adds to the problem. Preparation is usually great but it seems the problem is in waiting time going from the kitchen to the table. I think other steakhouses may have sailed past them over time in the special X factor. I also noticed that the mark up on the wine list has gone way up. A very basic bottle of Chianti cost upwards of 75 dollars. I think I get get a better deal in Manhattan!Special Features:
- Impress!EfftyVIPDined on 10/27/2014After dining at Morton's for so many years, we went to the one in White Plains and we were impress. The manager on duty PJ give us a fenomenal service, the food we had was delicious and the great drinks at the bar. Thank you everyone for making our experience memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PugsleyPugsleyDined on 10/26/2014It's all about the food at Morton's, everything was perfect - shrimp Alexander app, endive salad, beef fillet and lobster tail combo. Loved the new cauliflower side dish. Attentive waitstaff.Special Features:
- Overall the experience was OK...NybsDined on 10/25/2014But I doubt I will suggest to return to a Morton’s in the near future. The greeter/wait staff were very nice, attentive and accommodating. The noise level made conversation difficult. Overall atmosphere was ok. The ladies room was very dark. Cocktails were great. Salads were fantastic. Entrees were very good, although my mother had a chop and she asked for it to be done medium. We had to send it back because it was rare inside. My sister was served the wrong entrée (but that could have been her mistake). I had the sea bass and while the preparation/sauce was really good, it was a little fishy. Everyone lovedthe Brussels sprouts. Although my family agreed the food was of very high quality, we didn’t feel it was quite worth the price.
- CMB1Dined on 10/25/2014Our entrees were delicious and the service amazing. This restaurant is a must if you are in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening of DiningScottDined on 10/25/2014my wife and I celebrated our birthdays this weekend with an excellent meal at Morton's. The hostess gave us a warm reception and wished us a happy birthday. She then took a nice photo of us at our table for a nice keepsake. In addition the personalized menus were a nice touch. The dinner itself was outstanding. My wife had the veal chop and I had the 16 oz sirloin both of which were cooked perfectly. We opened with cocktails (Morton's pomegranate mojito) for my wife was well received. We shared an appetizer of tuna tacos (excellent) and chopped house salad (also excellent). We finished with coffee and tea and shared a chocolate soufflé also excellent. Service was top notch from manager to hostess to waitress to busboy. Great nightSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We had a great time. The food was good and service was excellent.Special Features:
- dinner at morton'szzzzVIPDined on 10/23/2014My experience was fine. Morton's side dishes are as usual, quite large so it is better if you go in a small group. The main dish was quite good (Chicken Bianco) but the Beefsteak tomato was not very tasty at all. I expected better here. The wine selection is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServiceRJMADined on 10/20/2014This is just one of those perfect restaurants for high end dining. Atmosphere, service, and food unparalleled anywhere. A "must" place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Steakhouse Rocks!DrKathyVIPDined on 10/18/2014I booked a reservation with Kim O'Donnell (Sales & Marketing Manager) at Morton's Steakhouse for 15 people for a birthday party in October, 2014 and reserved the private room-The Vault Room. She was so wonderful & accommodating. Even the day of the party, she & one her staff members met me outside of Morton's to take the birthday balloons, favors and cake from me. The passed hor d'oeuvres and drinks were flowing and all the guests had a wonderful time. Everyone enjoyed their salads and dinners as well. Thank you Morton's for creating another great memory! Many thanks to the manager--Sean Radlein, servers-Stephanie Gomez, Erika Gonzaga & Cheryl Manna for making the birthday party a great success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JETSDined on 10/17/2014Love the food at this location!!! EXCELLENT STEAK AND LOBSTER AND THE SERVICE IS OUTSTANDING especially ERNIE HE IS GREAT WAITER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperiencemmgoodDined on 10/15/2014I love this restaurant. The hostess was very inviting and the staff made me feel like home. Great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots and Lots of $$$$$$Master1234Dined on 10/15/2014Great place to dine with that special someone for that once a year special occasion, "BUT" rather expensive, so be prepared to spend, spend, spend..............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceThomasVIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband took me here for my 50th birthday. We were treated like royalty. The restaurant went out of their way to ensure we had a good experience. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- Top notch food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Once again Morton's does not disappoint. Excellent delicious food and the most impeccable service.Special Features:
- know how to make you feel specialJRandChristineDined on 9/26/2014I love going here for special occasions. Printing the custom menu and taking a picture of you with a hand written note always makes birthdays and anniversary so special. they also have incredible attention to detail with the food. the special dessert (warm fresh cake with ice cream) the plate was chilled so that the cake didn't melt the ice cream too fast. perfect meal and service.Special Features:
- Great night outsgcg1Dined on 9/26/2014As always we had a great time at Morton's, the food and service was outstanding. The prosciutto wrapped in mozzarella was great. The filet mignon was cooked to perfection. The baked potato with the extra toppings, and lets not forget about the cheesecake just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In short, Morton's was amazing!FoodluvahDined on 9/24/2014It was my first time there. During building my daily exercise walks on lunch breaks I would pass by and kept saying I'm going to go one day. My father was taking me out for my birthday and asked for a good steakhouse. And we were NOT disappointed! I received my own menu with a personal message of happy birthday on the top which took me totally by surprise! The food? Um can we say AWESOME??!! The steak... oh my... the best! My mouth is STILL watering at the memory. I had to take it home as I was so full. My friend stopped over later and I let him sample... he tried to steal it!!! We plan on coming back very soon so he can have his own. Seriously guys, I'm in love! And the added touches for my birthday made it even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DRY SALMONFOODREVIEW22222Dined on 9/20/2014ENJOYED THE SERVICE BY CAROLYN AND THE MANAGER JP'S CHECKING ON US. ALSO THE ONION SOUP WAS THE BEST OF THE 4 MORTON'S WE EVER WENT TO (CLEVELAND OH, STAMFORD CT, GREAT NECK NY, AND WHITE PLAINS NY), BUT SADLY THE BACON WRAPPED SALMON WAS VERY DRY, EVEN THOUGH WHEN I ORDERED IT, I ASKED FOR IT TO BE COOKED VERY LITTLE SO IT WOULD STAY MOIST. ALSO, WHEN I ORDERED, I ASKED NOT TO RECEIVE EACH NEXT COURSE UNTIL WE FINISHED THE ONE PRIOR, BUT THE 2ND COURSE WAS GIVEN TO US BEFORE WE FINISHED THE FIRST; SO THEN I REMINDED CAROLYN OF THE "WAIT" REQUEST, AND THE REST SHE MADE SURE WAITED. I THINK THE COOK HAD COOKED THE SALMON TOO SOON AND IT SAT AROUND TO GET DRY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Food, service, and ambience absolutely fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family eventsPoggyDined on 9/13/2014Great place to celebrate a milestone! Enjoyed several birthday celebrations here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.