Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains
9 Maple Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 9146836101
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in White Plains hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/whiteplains
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty, a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains - Best Restaurants in White Plains ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)romantic (45)notable wine list (39)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (24)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- JETSDined on 10/17/2014Love the food at this location!!! EXCELLENT STEAK AND LOBSTER AND THE SERVICE IS OUTSTANDING especially ERNIE HE IS GREAT WAITER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperiencemmgoodDined on 10/15/2014I love this restaurant. The hostess was very inviting and the staff made me feel like home. Great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots and Lots of $$$$$$Master1234Dined on 10/15/2014Great place to dine with that special someone for that once a year special occasion, "BUT" rather expensive, so be prepared to spend, spend, spend..............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceThomasVIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband took me here for my 50th birthday. We were treated like royalty. The restaurant went out of their way to ensure we had a good experience. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- Top notch food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Once again Morton's does not disappoint. Excellent delicious food and the most impeccable service.Special Features:
- know how to make you feel specialJRandChristineDined on 9/26/2014I love going here for special occasions. Printing the custom menu and taking a picture of you with a hand written note always makes birthdays and anniversary so special. they also have incredible attention to detail with the food. the special dessert (warm fresh cake with ice cream) the plate was chilled so that the cake didn't melt the ice cream too fast. perfect meal and service.Special Features:
- Great night outsgcg1Dined on 9/26/2014As always we had a great time at Morton's, the food and service was outstanding. The prosciutto wrapped in mozzarella was great. The filet mignon was cooked to perfection. The baked potato with the extra toppings, and lets not forget about the cheesecake just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In short, Morton's was amazing!FoodluvahDined on 9/24/2014It was my first time there. During building my daily exercise walks on lunch breaks I would pass by and kept saying I'm going to go one day. My father was taking me out for my birthday and asked for a good steakhouse. And we were NOT disappointed! I received my own menu with a personal message of happy birthday on the top which took me totally by surprise! The food? Um can we say AWESOME??!! The steak... oh my... the best! My mouth is STILL watering at the memory. I had to take it home as I was so full. My friend stopped over later and I let him sample... he tried to steal it!!! We plan on coming back very soon so he can have his own. Seriously guys, I'm in love! And the added touches for my birthday made it even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DRY SALMONFOODREVIEW22222Dined on 9/20/2014ENJOYED THE SERVICE BY CAROLYN AND THE MANAGER JP'S CHECKING ON US. ALSO THE ONION SOUP WAS THE BEST OF THE 4 MORTON'S WE EVER WENT TO (CLEVELAND OH, STAMFORD CT, GREAT NECK NY, AND WHITE PLAINS NY), BUT SADLY THE BACON WRAPPED SALMON WAS VERY DRY, EVEN THOUGH WHEN I ORDERED IT, I ASKED FOR IT TO BE COOKED VERY LITTLE SO IT WOULD STAY MOIST. ALSO, WHEN I ORDERED, I ASKED NOT TO RECEIVE EACH NEXT COURSE UNTIL WE FINISHED THE ONE PRIOR, BUT THE 2ND COURSE WAS GIVEN TO US BEFORE WE FINISHED THE FIRST; SO THEN I REMINDED CAROLYN OF THE "WAIT" REQUEST, AND THE REST SHE MADE SURE WAITED. I THINK THE COOK HAD COOKED THE SALMON TOO SOON AND IT SAT AROUND TO GET DRY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Food, service, and ambience absolutely fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family eventsPoggyDined on 9/13/2014Great place to celebrate a milestone! Enjoyed several birthday celebrations here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great experiencedeliciousDined on 9/10/2014My wife and I had a terrific time, enjoyed the romantic setting and loved the delicious food. As always, we love the great deals that come through our email.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VIP treatmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday and we were treated like VIPs. The food and service was great, and we were both saying the same thing when we were leaving: we need to come to this place more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GRAT PLACE AND EXCELLENT FOODFLOATVIPDined on 9/7/2014This Morton's help me celebrate my wife 70th birthday. They gave her a very special dessert. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceYummy1Dined on 9/6/2014Cory, our server, was excellent. Tiffany also came by our table to ensure that we were satisfied and we appreciated the attentiveness of the Mortons staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- morton steakmilkyDined on 9/6/2014went there for the summer special and did not want a lot of food...just what we got..salad was fine , petite filet 6oz was a healthwise portion and nice and small the side dish was normal size...the desert soufflé was best part of the dinner. For 40$ it was a good deal for the regular price not the greatest it was a good steakSpecial Features:
- Good food!DottyDined on 9/3/2014The food was cooked to perfection. The service excellence.Special Features:
- Always Consistent!MedicllawDined on 9/2/2014No matter how many times we eat at Morton's White Plains, the food, service, attention and ambiance are always consistent. If you love great food and special attention to every detail..This is the place for you :)Special Features:
- Excellent serviceYummy1Dined on 8/29/2014Tiffany, our server, always provides outstanding service. The food and attention to detail was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need more greeters and servers.SamthemanCTDined on 8/29/2014Noone to greet us as we entered. Had to walk to bar area to see a greeter. Didnt even ask if we had a rez, seated people as they walked in, not based on rez. Server was slow to come to table. Bread and drinks took a long time to arrive. Server tried to tell us we didnt need to order certain items, we could "share". We eat at Mortons allot, and know what to expect, and servers should offer views when asked, not volunteer them since we were very specific in our odering and that should be alcue they pick up on. There were several very large groups and that seemed to distract the entire wait staff, greeters, bar and kitchen. In a word, staff up, you know abvout large groups and the rez's you have and be careful about the walk ins.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014We always have a good to very good experience at Morton's and this was no exception. The highlights, foodwise, were: the bone-in ribeye, the red velvet cocktails, my wife's wine, and the key lime pie. The server was skilled and informative. There was one technical glitch related to drinks at the end, but it was not that material.Special Features:
- Best Westchester Steak Housedublin1Dined on 8/16/2014From the time we entered the restaurant until we left, the service was impeccable and friendly. The bartenders were also very nice and made perfect drinks! The best part was the dessert! An excellent way to end a perfect meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You feel very special here!KJM1Dined on 8/10/2014My husband and I enjoy going to Morton's because we always feel special there. We have sat at a table and at the bar. We have gone to many locations around the country since we always know the food will be good and the service excellent. The prices are expensive but they are always offering special deals - Steak & Seafood, Summer Special, etc. We started going for special occasions but wind up going almost once a month! The food is always top quality and the service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very overpriced & Not high qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Shrimp scampi and mixed grill comes with very few, very small, tough and chewy shrimp. Filet mignon had an odd, undesirable taste and was very chewy as well. The bacon mac and cheese however was excellent with tender, smoky bits of bacon that didnt overwhelm the cheeses.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Should be valet parking for a restaurant of this status. The meat was good, the potato was a little hard for being baked. The waiting time to get food served was way longer than it should have been since it was before the dinner rush time. Not a very classy atmosphere.
- DeliciouscharbarDined on 8/1/2014The food was simply delicious and our waiter very professional. Make sure you get in a big workout earlier in the day. This is not a low calorie evening but worth the splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a drink!!HungaryGirlDined on 7/29/2014We really had a great time. Food was great...can't beat the steaks!! It is our favorite steak restaurant. The staff is so friendly. Was the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat like a King here!Beachmom113Dined on 7/23/2014This restaurant goes above and beyond when it comes to service, customer service and delivery and preparation of food! This is the second yr we have celebrated my birthday here and they attend to every detail possible. Food was wonderful, perfectly prepared and delicious in every way! The wait staff is wonderful and considerate, food arrives in timely manor from appetizer and entrée as not to be on top of each other. We have never had a bad meal at this restaurant! Just enjoy it more and more each time we go, special occasion or not! This is the BEST place for Filets, shrimp and scallops.Special Features:
- yum yum extra-yum!!!TSfromNRDined on 7/19/2014Great birthday or special occasion place to go. The waitstaff were expecting us and went the extra mile with personalized menus and a very photogenic souvenir photo for the birthday boy. Better yet, was the food quality, preparation, selection, cocktails and perfect attention by the waitstaff. We would return again in a heartbeat!!!Special Features:
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014Went for a business dinner - food, service, setting - all were excellent. Great place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!tp2625Dined on 7/13/2014Morton's (White Plains) is that special perfect place for those occasions that require over-the-top service, menu selection, quality food and ambience that says "I'm special", "Your special", "This business is special" or just "We're special"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and MissLowCarbLiferDined on 7/11/2014The food didn't quite hit the mark especially considering the high prices. While my filet mignon was delightful (like butter!), my husband had to send his double cut lamb chops back 2 times because they were raw not rare. The service, however, was spectacular. Our waitress was very attentive, as were the other staff members.Special Features:
- AngeloAm3581Dined on 7/9/2014The people were very friendly and very attentive the food and services were great would go there angSpecial Features:
- Wonderfullove2eatDined on 7/6/2014Delicious food….excellent, friendly, and attentive service. Made our 30th Anniversary dinner very special.Special Features:
- AlexBVIPDined on 7/5/2014I've been to many Morton's around the country. This one was good but not great. Shellfish was excellent but my steak was overcooked. Service was top notch. I will be visiting a Morton's in NYC soon to see if the quality is better.Special Features:
- MicheleDined on 7/5/2014One of my favorite places to eat. The food and service are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never go backEateatDined on 7/3/2014Went for $35 3-course meal. Ordered two extra apps. Ahi tower was bland. Shrimp cocktail was terrible. Tasted alike it was pre-made, then frozen. Not fresh at all. 5 small shrimp. At 21$, you'd expect much better. Salads were OK. I've had much better at the Outback. My wife like the onion soup. Filets were good, but I've had same quality at much less expensive restaurants. Mashed potatos had too much raw horseradish, which again tasted funny. and I luv horseradish. Key lime pie was good, but average. Rye amaze race was excellent!! Server was polite, but service was very slow when dining room only about 10% occupied. Will never return for those prices!!!!
- boyer outstandingrobertivy17Dined on 7/2/2014Great spot. Period. ...keep up the good work. A second place to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionbellaragazzaDined on 6/29/2014We went there for a high school graduation dinner and it was very nice. Courtney the server as well as the other staff were very kind.Special Features:
- Great steak house!IvanDined on 6/28/2014Enjoyed a romantic dinner with my wife at Morton’s White Plains NY this weekend. Pre-dinner cocktails were fantastic! The steaks were AMAZING, definitely go back just for the steaks. Would have given highest marks on food but they changed their chocolate soufflé recipe and wasn’t nearly as good as it used to be, it was good, not great. The home made butter was great, not sure why they offered it at $5 extra. For service, the staff did a terrific job and would say the staff deserved an outstanding rating for their impeccable service! I didn't like the fact that they tried to up sell a Landry's membership during our dinner, not something I want to talk or think about during a romantic dinner with my wife. Overall, terrific experience there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.