Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains
9 Maple Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 9146836101
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in White Plains hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/whiteplains
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty, a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains - Best Restaurants in White Plains ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)romantic (45)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (32)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (25)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- We had a great experiencedeliciousDined on 9/10/2014My wife and I had a terrific time, enjoyed the romantic setting and loved the delicious food. As always, we love the great deals that come through our email.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VIP treatmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday and we were treated like VIPs. The food and service was great, and we were both saying the same thing when we were leaving: we need to come to this place more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GRAT PLACE AND EXCELLENT FOODFLOATVIPDined on 9/7/2014This Morton's help me celebrate my wife 70th birthday. They gave her a very special dessert. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceYummy1Dined on 9/6/2014Cory, our server, was excellent. Tiffany also came by our table to ensure that we were satisfied and we appreciated the attentiveness of the Mortons staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- morton steakmilkyDined on 9/6/2014went there for the summer special and did not want a lot of food...just what we got..salad was fine , petite filet 6oz was a healthwise portion and nice and small the side dish was normal size...the desert soufflé was best part of the dinner. For 40$ it was a good deal for the regular price not the greatest it was a good steakSpecial Features:
- Good food!DottyDined on 9/3/2014The food was cooked to perfection. The service excellence.Special Features:
- Always Consistent!MedicllawDined on 9/2/2014No matter how many times we eat at Morton's White Plains, the food, service, attention and ambiance are always consistent. If you love great food and special attention to every detail..This is the place for you :)Special Features:
- Excellent serviceYummy1Dined on 8/29/2014Tiffany, our server, always provides outstanding service. The food and attention to detail was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need more greeters and servers.SamthemanCTDined on 8/29/2014Noone to greet us as we entered. Had to walk to bar area to see a greeter. Didnt even ask if we had a rez, seated people as they walked in, not based on rez. Server was slow to come to table. Bread and drinks took a long time to arrive. Server tried to tell us we didnt need to order certain items, we could "share". We eat at Mortons allot, and know what to expect, and servers should offer views when asked, not volunteer them since we were very specific in our odering and that should be alcue they pick up on. There were several very large groups and that seemed to distract the entire wait staff, greeters, bar and kitchen. In a word, staff up, you know abvout large groups and the rez's you have and be careful about the walk ins.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014We always have a good to very good experience at Morton's and this was no exception. The highlights, foodwise, were: the bone-in ribeye, the red velvet cocktails, my wife's wine, and the key lime pie. The server was skilled and informative. There was one technical glitch related to drinks at the end, but it was not that material.Special Features:
- Best Westchester Steak Housedublin1Dined on 8/16/2014From the time we entered the restaurant until we left, the service was impeccable and friendly. The bartenders were also very nice and made perfect drinks! The best part was the dessert! An excellent way to end a perfect meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You feel very special here!KJM1Dined on 8/10/2014My husband and I enjoy going to Morton's because we always feel special there. We have sat at a table and at the bar. We have gone to many locations around the country since we always know the food will be good and the service excellent. The prices are expensive but they are always offering special deals - Steak & Seafood, Summer Special, etc. We started going for special occasions but wind up going almost once a month! The food is always top quality and the service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very overpriced & Not high qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Shrimp scampi and mixed grill comes with very few, very small, tough and chewy shrimp. Filet mignon had an odd, undesirable taste and was very chewy as well. The bacon mac and cheese however was excellent with tender, smoky bits of bacon that didnt overwhelm the cheeses.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Should be valet parking for a restaurant of this status. The meat was good, the potato was a little hard for being baked. The waiting time to get food served was way longer than it should have been since it was before the dinner rush time. Not a very classy atmosphere.
- DeliciouscharbarDined on 8/1/2014The food was simply delicious and our waiter very professional. Make sure you get in a big workout earlier in the day. This is not a low calorie evening but worth the splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a drink!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/29/2014We really had a great time. Food was great...can't beat the steaks!! It is our favorite steak restaurant. The staff is so friendly. Was the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat like a King here!Beachmom113Dined on 7/23/2014This restaurant goes above and beyond when it comes to service, customer service and delivery and preparation of food! This is the second yr we have celebrated my birthday here and they attend to every detail possible. Food was wonderful, perfectly prepared and delicious in every way! The wait staff is wonderful and considerate, food arrives in timely manor from appetizer and entrée as not to be on top of each other. We have never had a bad meal at this restaurant! Just enjoy it more and more each time we go, special occasion or not! This is the BEST place for Filets, shrimp and scallops.Special Features:
- yum yum extra-yum!!!TSfromNRDined on 7/19/2014Great birthday or special occasion place to go. The waitstaff were expecting us and went the extra mile with personalized menus and a very photogenic souvenir photo for the birthday boy. Better yet, was the food quality, preparation, selection, cocktails and perfect attention by the waitstaff. We would return again in a heartbeat!!!Special Features:
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014Went for a business dinner - food, service, setting - all were excellent. Great place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!tp2625Dined on 7/13/2014Morton's (White Plains) is that special perfect place for those occasions that require over-the-top service, menu selection, quality food and ambience that says "I'm special", "Your special", "This business is special" or just "We're special"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and MissLowCarbLiferDined on 7/11/2014The food didn't quite hit the mark especially considering the high prices. While my filet mignon was delightful (like butter!), my husband had to send his double cut lamb chops back 2 times because they were raw not rare. The service, however, was spectacular. Our waitress was very attentive, as were the other staff members.Special Features:
- AngeloAm3581Dined on 7/9/2014The people were very friendly and very attentive the food and services were great would go there angSpecial Features:
- Wonderfullove2eatDined on 7/6/2014Delicious food….excellent, friendly, and attentive service. Made our 30th Anniversary dinner very special.Special Features:
- AlexBVIPDined on 7/5/2014I've been to many Morton's around the country. This one was good but not great. Shellfish was excellent but my steak was overcooked. Service was top notch. I will be visiting a Morton's in NYC soon to see if the quality is better.Special Features:
- MicheleDined on 7/5/2014One of my favorite places to eat. The food and service are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never go backEateatDined on 7/3/2014Went for $35 3-course meal. Ordered two extra apps. Ahi tower was bland. Shrimp cocktail was terrible. Tasted alike it was pre-made, then frozen. Not fresh at all. 5 small shrimp. At 21$, you'd expect much better. Salads were OK. I've had much better at the Outback. My wife like the onion soup. Filets were good, but I've had same quality at much less expensive restaurants. Mashed potatos had too much raw horseradish, which again tasted funny. and I luv horseradish. Key lime pie was good, but average. Rye amaze race was excellent!! Server was polite, but service was very slow when dining room only about 10% occupied. Will never return for those prices!!!!
- boyer outstandingrobertivy17Dined on 7/2/2014Great spot. Period. ...keep up the good work. A second place to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionbellaragazzaDined on 6/29/2014We went there for a high school graduation dinner and it was very nice. Courtney the server as well as the other staff were very kind.Special Features:
- Great steak house!IvanDined on 6/28/2014Enjoyed a romantic dinner with my wife at Morton’s White Plains NY this weekend. Pre-dinner cocktails were fantastic! The steaks were AMAZING, definitely go back just for the steaks. Would have given highest marks on food but they changed their chocolate soufflé recipe and wasn’t nearly as good as it used to be, it was good, not great. The home made butter was great, not sure why they offered it at $5 extra. For service, the staff did a terrific job and would say the staff deserved an outstanding rating for their impeccable service! I didn't like the fact that they tried to up sell a Landry's membership during our dinner, not something I want to talk or think about during a romantic dinner with my wife. Overall, terrific experience there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT DINING AT MORTON'SLUV4DINEDined on 6/25/2014What an excellent location for a great Steakhouse in White Plaiins, N.Y. The food and dining experience was exquisite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!slobloDined on 6/14/2014We always have a great meal here. Aside from delicious steak, try the chopped salad and Tuna apps. Terrific! And, if you can ask for Tiffany as your waitress - she's wonderful too!Special Features:
- Terrific!Karen66VIPDined on 6/14/2014What can you say about a restaurant that delivers on all levels? The food, ambiance and service were amazing. The only negative we found was that the background music only added to the noise, which was pretty loud.Special Features:
- Steak house dinnertonitravelVIPDined on 6/14/2014We will start out by highly recommending their service. From the moment that we entered until the end, all of the waiters and busboys were extremely friendly and helpful. They remembered our anniversary, and took a great photo of us. Our water glasses were always filled and refilled. The steak was very good as was the sea bass. However, the appetizers were disappointing. We ordered escargots which were not good and the short ribs tacos which were okay. They also brought us the wrong fish for my husband, which they did exchange after he stated that the fish tasted like salmon. They did apologize though. We eat out at great restaurants at least 4 times a month and this was the first time ever that we were served the wrong meal.
- Great Steak HouseFoodloverVIPDined on 6/13/2014Chicago RIBEYE with bone is great. We also enjoyed the Hot seafood platter as appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on my birthday.krystinalynneDined on 6/10/2014I like coming here for special occasions. I let them know it was my birthday and they printed out personalized menus with "Happy Birthday Krystina!" and the date on it. They also took a picture of me and my mom at the table, and dessert was on the house. A delicious meal all around. The service is always great.Special Features:
- Great service & FoodADM369Dined on 6/9/2014Visited for a special occasion and the staff went out of their way to not only acknowledge it but make it memorable and enjoyable. Our waiter was helpful in recommendations and overall service was excellent. Food was perfect! Would definitely return and highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014It was a great first experience and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner!MTLMDined on 6/6/2014We always enjoy our dining experience at Morton's in White Plains, NY. Sean and his staff are always happy to see us and to make sure that we have fun. Our server Liz has taken care of us in the past and she always does a super job!Special Features:
- great steak as usualNewyearseveDined on 6/2/2014No problem getting a table on Monday night. Bartender Theresa was very friendly and professional. Food at Morton's is consistently good and that says a lot nowadays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resembles airline waiting areaBigDonDined on 5/29/2014The food was fine, but the parking lot is about a 100 yard walk from the entrance and the decor is so stale and dated, I've been in nicer airline waiting rooms. Just a zero class atmosphere....makes you wonder why you went.