Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place
65 East Wacker Place
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (312) 201-0410
- Hours of Operation:
Bar & Dining Room:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday 12:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Chicago (Wacker Place) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/wacker
- Cross Street: Michigan Avenue
- Public Transit: Nearest El stop:
Brown/Purple/Green/Orange/Pink Lines - State/Lake or Randoph/Wabash
Red Line - State/Lake
Blue Line - Clark/Lake
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking available after 4:30pm for $16.
Parking garages available both next door ("Park 1") and 1 block south at 60 E. Lake Street. Hotel parking & private lots also available in the area.
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place
Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago (Wacker Place). We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)notable wine list (70)romantic (68)fit for foodies (56)good for groups (55)great for lunch (22)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (14)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Loved the Photo Souvenier! Awesome PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014Service was amazing. Brandon was so attentive. It was my daughter's 20th birthday. The staff;s attention made the night special - Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can always depend on Morton's for good food.slhmDined on 11/15/2014The food and presentation was excellent and the chocolate souffle was delectable. Our server was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Cooked to Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014I always wanted to go to Morton's and decided to for my birthday. I ordered the Cajun Ribeye with grilled asparagus and baked potato. Everything tasted so good. I am a martini gal, and I decided to try Palm Beach Passion and it was so good that I could sit at the bar and drink it all day long. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- DeliciousJ123456Dined on 11/8/2014The food was excellent. I highly recommend the soufflé for dessert. The service was terrific. Also, they were very accommodating when I called to adjust the time slightly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IlldineagainDined on 11/7/2014I really enjoyed celebrating my 30th year work anniversary at Morton's with 4 of my co-workers. The food was excellent and the service was great. The lunch special was very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Do When in ChicagoMichigwenDined on 11/6/2014Although there are Morton's Steakhouses elsewhere, there is something special about dining at Morton's in Chicago. We make a point of dining at the Wacker Place Morton's when we visit Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014As a foreign visitor, I was disappointed by 2 things : the waitress did absolutely not take care of me understanding her advice, by speaking a bit slower, and in total, the service was only serving meals, and not taking care of us. I was once at Capitole Grill in Chicago, and we had a very friendly relationship to the waitress, making that I recall it as a very nice experience. And for sure this changes the perception of food.
- InternationalpablojaramillolopezDined on 11/4/2014The food is excelent and the waiting time is a few minutes. The variety is complete and the experience is unique. I emphasize international because some of the waiters speak Spanish also allowing them to make good recommendations.Special Features:
- Good Food and ServiceRobinBlueDined on 11/3/2014Service attitude of the waiters is great, they are really interested in serving and making an effort to make you feel comfortable. Always giving good recommendations on the different selections and trying to make you feel at homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service!!!!! Poor Management!!JTB1VIPDined on 11/2/2014Slow service. Wait staff that wanted to be part of the table and when we complained about a steak that was not cooked properly the waiter and the manager were arguing we us and refused to make another one. Worst experience ever!!!
- Morton's Service is first classOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014This was a Morton's and it didn't disappoint! We had a table of 12 with a lot of chaos trying to get to the theater after. They were efficient, skilled and giving us things before we even asked. We brought our own wine ($29 corking fee) which made since for a group this size.Special Features:
- Great experiencefoodfoodfoodDined on 10/31/2014Jack our server was great. Food is outstanding and a super experience for out of townersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StevieDined on 10/31/2014I ordered the Halloween No Tricks, All Treats - lunch special ( Honey-Chili Glazed Salmon) and it was amazing. Portion sizes were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beachDined on 10/30/2014My boss and I were away on business to attend a convention. This was our last night in Chicago. We were exhausted and this place was perfect! We had gone to 2 other well known steak houses,but this was by far the best! From the drinks all the way to the entree and service-was divine! Thank you Morton's for doing it right!Special Features:
- Great business lunchQFanVIPDined on 10/30/2014Morton's is always a good business restaurant choice, and especially so at lunch. The chain has gone slightly downscale since its acquisition by Landry's, but the steaks are stil excellent and the service is very good.Special Features:
- Great experience !VitopDined on 10/28/2014We were a group of 15 , for business meeting. They had a private room for us , very quiet ! Everything was good !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014I guess Morton's is consistant if nothing else. this meal was good, Morton's is always good but I really can't say anything stood out as special or extrordinary. Again it was not bad at all just nothing special about the meal or the restaurant. At the price point Morton's falls into I like to see something that really stands out about the meal and it wasn't there for me.
- great steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/28/2014I hadn't been to a chain steakhouse in a while. It was exactly what you'd expect. Food was great, service was good. We had the scallops as an appetizer- cooked perfectly- delicious. The filet was done exactly as ordered, and the hot chocolate lava cake at the end was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special night in chicagoherforddinerDined on 10/27/2014dinner at mortons in Chicago off east wacker drive is a special experience in the beautiful art deco dining room. Delicious steak and wine. A very special experience, if a little pricey! Its worth it.Special Features:
- Special Dinner 4 Special OccaisiondonroselDined on 10/23/2014When my husband made our reservation he indicated we were celebrating our 30th anniversary. Technically our anniversary was a couple of weeks ago, but this was the most special dinner we had desired to celebrate our milestone anniversary. Our menus were printed with "Happy 30th Anniversary!" Very special. Service was fantastic. Food was fantastic. My husband found a special promotion for $62 per person where you get a starter (soup or salad), 6 oz Fillet with seafood (crab cake, scallops, prawns), a signature side dish and dessert. The salads are huge! The steak was prepared to perfection. Everything we ate was fantastic! We were stuffed to satisfaction when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoogJOSEDined on 10/19/2014The best fries EVER!!! The meet lettle beat dry but good!!!! And the wine perfect!!!Special Features:
- Great timespecialtyDined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and it was amazing. We had special menus, our picture taken and was even offered a discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ErnieErnieDined on 10/18/2014Food was excellent...service a bit lacking and the noise level was too high for table conversation.Special Features:
- Steaks done rightjeffpfosterDined on 10/17/2014The meat was spot on, got the porterhouse and it was amazing. The sides were good as well.Special Features:
- Morton's slightly likewarmjimzorn80Dined on 10/16/2014I had recently had lunchat Morton's on Wacker with high expectations ut it didn't live up to the hype. There was only thre other tables occuppied but were crowded around where me and my guest sat, which was very chilly, almost breezy. Mind you, it wasn't near the door and it was a fall afternoon. Our waitress, even in her condition of being pregnant, tried her best but seemed to be new to the establishment, not knowing specials and fumbling to serve us. We ordered appetizers but she forgot to take our main course. The salad was supposed to have bleu cheese dressing but it was token crumbles. My companion's pasta was overdone and all desserts have some form of alcohol in them, not good for two people in A.A.Special Features:
- Excellent in every wayLiterateHamsterDined on 10/12/2014We enjoyed a Sunday evening celebration after the Chicago marathon. The waiter was friendly, knowledgable, supremely competent and fun, but we expect he is a great mood-matcher and coud have been more formal and low-key if it had been apparent that that was what we wanted. We had lobster bisque and the scallops special to start which were both excellent, followed by filet mignon and New York strip. Both cooked exactly as ordered and both wonderful. The filet was particularly melt-in-the-mouth. The sides of cauliflower with truffle oil and horseradish mashed potato were filling but we finished them both, they were so good. We managed one cheesecake dessert between us. It wasn't a cheap meal but worth every cent, and truly memorable.Special Features:
- kudosDined on 10/12/2014Loved that our server was so knowledgeable and answered perfectly all the questions I had on how each dish was preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Chain restaurant or not, we've had a better prepared steak for less money. My wife ordered a $59 strip steak and asked for it to be cooked medium. When the steak came it was clearly overcooked to the point there was little pink left let alone medium. When we said the steak seemed overcooked the server didn't immediately offer to replace the steak. Instead he looked at the steak and said it was medium in the thickest part. We weren't looking for a debate, it should have been replaced no questions asked. My wife kept the steak at that point because she felt guilty for saying anything. After that the service became awkward and uncomfortable. Nothing else was offered at that point and we were charged in full. I would not recommend!!!!!
- Not what it used to be.MrLoobnerDined on 10/8/2014I am not a regular visitor, but have eaten at the Chicago Morton's as well as at the one in Minneapolis a few times in the past 15 years. Those were meals that I continue to talk about to this day. Consequently, I was disappointed to find that Morton's has dropped the practice of presenting the cuts of meat as well as the over-sized vegetables at your table as part of the overall experience. This meal seemed like just another meal in just another steakhouse. My New York strip was actually gristly though the flavor was superb. I won't be talking about this meal---in fact, I've already forgotten about it.Special Features:
- Disappointing.JenniferVIPDined on 10/3/2014I usually frequent the Houston Galleria Morton's which is an excellent experience, can also vouch for San Antonio and Miami locations. The Chicago experience is quite the opposite. Suggest you included a trip to Morton's in your travel plans outside of Chicago.
- Excellent, but...OaknutterDined on 10/2/2014...the bathroom reminded me of a bus station restroom at the end of a busy day; it was rather unbecoming of a high-end restaurant.Special Features:
- WoodsonDined on 10/2/2014It is always a special place to dine when we visit Chicago. It was my birthday time and things could not have been more perfect! The staff were phenominal! Thank you to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningRobBDined on 9/27/2014Everything flowed very smoothly. The cell phone enabled reservation process was simple, direct, and effective. Our table was ready, and the Morton's team was 100% - the right level of contact and service. The food was outstanding and the ala carte method puts the diner in control of quantity. well done.Special Features:
- Great MealSteakLoverDined on 9/27/2014Filet was one of the best I've ever eaten! Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I've ever hadChicagofoodieDined on 9/26/2014Very pricey- but the food was so outstanding it was worth it. We went here for our anniversary. The food, service, and wine list was impeccable. Would recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a KingoutandaboutDined on 9/23/2014The steak was excellent as usual, the service was up to its normal superior quality. I have never been disappointed when I have been to Morton's. Their service is consistently wonderful quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionally DisapppointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014For a supposed high-end steakhouse, the food was exceptionally disappointing. For the price, the food was shockingly disappointing. Unfortunately, our server was disinterested at best and added to the overall poor experience. Just goes to show one cannot be successful on name alone.
- JWMCTDined on 9/21/2014OMG! Parmesan truffle french fries! Tender steaks cooked to perfection. What is not to love.Special Features:
- DMappOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I am a huge fan of Charlie's Steak House in Orlando, FL, which I find to be among the best in the country. While in Chicago last week, my wife and I had dinner at the Morton's on Wacker Place. The food and service were first rate! I highly recommend this restaurant for true steak lovers.Special Features:
- kabremVIPDined on 9/19/2014Very nice restaurant with fine service, however based on the price I've been to better steakhouses. I did not feel that food was outrageous and again for the price point, I've experienced better.Special Features: