Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place
65 East Wacker Place
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 3122010410x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar & Dining Room:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday 12:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Chicago (Wacker Place) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/wacker
- Cross Street: Michigan Avenue
- Public Transit: Nearest El stop:
Brown/Purple/Green/Orange/Pink Lines - State/Lake or Randoph/Wabash
Red Line - State/Lake
Blue Line - Clark/Lake
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking available after 4:30pm for $16.
Parking garages available both next door ("Park 1") and 1 block south at 60 E. Lake Street. Hotel parking & private lots also available in the area.
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place
Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago (Wacker Place). We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Loop ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)romantic (58)notable wine list (57)good for groups (36)fit for foodies (35)great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (11)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Guest relationsMandyDined on 9/13/2014I think that there was not enough of attention to detail when it came to the service that my party received. If the wait staff would have taken the time to double check the orders and who ordered them there wouldn't have been such a mix up. Also I hate when I patronize a restaurant but then end up feeling like I got substantial service because my table is the only table with people of color. I've eaten a plenty of restaurants and do monitor my treatment as well as the treatment of other surrounding guest. I enjoyed the food but I wish that restaurants treat all of their guest the same.Special Features:
- Morton's Wacker Place 9-12-14bearsdadDined on 9/12/2014The service was excellent and the food was wonderful. Just like I expected! Great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most amazing steaks WITH BUTTERS!tessamaymarrDined on 9/10/2014The butters they serve with the steaks, are MIND BLOWING. There are 4 options and we shared them all. And what a cut of meat! Everything was delicious. Service was fantastic! No complaints whatsoever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks I had ever eat.ChihuahuaDined on 9/10/2014Ribeye and filet mignon are my favorites steaks. Wine list is really best selection and more than I ve ever known.Special Features:
- Biz dinnerLainieDined on 9/8/2014Excellent food excellent service Great wine, just what you expect from Morton'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak house in ChicagoCanada123Dined on 9/3/2014Between the two of us, we tried the escargot and the scallops appetizers, the New York strip and the ribeye, the Brussels sprouts side, and for dessert the key line pie and the seasonal fruit crisp with vanilla ice cream. Everything was excellent, and we really enjoyed our dinner. The steaks are sizeable, as are the desserts, and so you want to be seriously hungry when you get there. I also liked that they had a very wide selection of American wines. I had previously tried Morton's original location on Rush St. in the Gold Coast, but I enjoyed my dinner at the Wacker Place location more. This restaurant is more elegant, and the service is more professional, than on Rush St. The noise level is lower too, which is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweetcoupleDined on 9/1/2014such good food, wish we could afford to eat their more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a fantastic eveningAngelaDined on 8/30/2014My server was great and efficient. He even took a picture of us and was very caring. Answered every question that was asked. Knows the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Delivers great steaks, service and ambience. Lives up to its reputation of being a great steakhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classy placefoodieDined on 8/28/2014good food and great service. we celebrated a promotion on this day. good lunch specials to choose fromSpecial Features:
- Great steakBarbAtlDined on 8/27/2014Finished out our vacation with dinner at Morton's where they graciously accommodated a split steak order and recommended a wonderful wine to go with it. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Golden Anniversary Dinner2DePauwGradsDined on 8/22/2014We wanted to replicate our first dinner as a married couple. We ate at the Morton's which was just north of the Museum of Science and Industry, South Shore Drive at East 56th Street. We remember that evening to be very special. Fifty years later we found the evening to be just as exemplary from the warm welcome to our farewell. The attention given to us by the manager, the hostess, and the servers was fabulous. The filet mignon was excellent. The attention given to this being our Golden Anniversary was heartwaming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Elegant RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Overall, we are pleased with our experience at this Morton's location. The food was excellent. However, while the service was not bad, it could have been better. If I'm ever in Chicago again, I'd make it a priority to visit Morton's Wacker Place location again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joesamDined on 8/16/2014Great steakhouse ...everything was very good . I would go again . The personal was very informative on reservation reserved .. the watress was professional and understanding with specific way I like my steak season and cook ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trevor1208trevor1208Dined on 8/15/2014Service was very, very good, caught a real deal on some very good wine, only hick - up was the shrimp that my wife ordered was way over done, not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Great service, with a diverse selection of quality steaks and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak and SeafoodSeafoodLove44Dined on 8/11/2014They have a seafood selection that is well done I had Salmon and stuffed shrimp. Escargot was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I made a reservation for my girfriend and I for dinner on her birthday. After shopping, we went to the restaurant, arriving slightly early(20 minutes). Since the restaurant was not busy yet, they offered to seat us immediately. They acknowleged her birthday and even had special menus with "Happy Birthday" on them(a nice touch). We had a wonderful meal(we were their for over 2 hours) and I, honestly, could not have been more pleased with the food, service or ambience of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableDowntownDinerDined on 8/9/2014I always enjoy Morton's and lately, their special dinners have been outstanding. These offer value in additional to the usual high quality and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service in Chitown,Awesome!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I heard about Morton's from a family member who had dined there. We made reservations online(very easy)and were contacted by the restaurant prior to our trip to the city. We were also contacted the day of the reservation by text for confirmation. We arrived on time and were met with a smile and great service from then on. The wine was smooth and the appetizer delicious. The server and house staff were very attentive. The server was patient with all our questions (first timers) and was well versed the wine selection. The food courses were spaced properly and we felt comfortable. Our main courses were top notch and exceeded our expectations. We had a wonderful dining experience and will return when possible. Thank you Morton's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok not what I was expectingrestaurantEaterDined on 8/8/2014The steak wasn't cooked how I requested I had to send it back and it still wasn't correct the sides were good but that doesn't make up for it the service was really good tho but it was really loud in thereSpecial Features:
- Well donefoodieDined on 8/8/2014Morton's was a very nice experience. Great service from the moment we came into the place. Water, fresh baked bread and butter arrived immediately. Our waiter went over the selections and answered our questions . We were not rushed or pressured. We had a delicious dinner and wanted to wait until we finished our wine before dessert and coffee. We took our time and then enjoyed a great dessert with coffee. The chopped salads to start were favorable, loaded with great ingredients and not over dressed. Next came the filets which were cooked to perfection - medium rare and the great broccoli dressed in a butter, bread crumb and garlic sauce. Dessert was berries with a great cream. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great foodDABJRDined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed the jumbo shrimp cocktail, the Chilean sea bass, and especially the soufflé.
- ZetaoriDined on 8/6/2014Excellent meal, and very good service until the end. The restaurant became busy, and we waited for an extended time to receive our statement and again to receive the finalized bill. The food was perfectly prepared and presented. We will certainly consider Morton's Wacker Place in the future.Special Features:
- Food was amazingRodOneDined on 8/3/2014Everything we ordered down to the desserts were excellent and the wine suggested was a perfect fitSpecial Features:
- Intimate Birthday EveningLionessDined on 8/2/2014I went to Mortons for my Birthday. This was my first time visiting Morton's Steakhouse and I enjoyed myself. The evening and the food were everything I imagined it would be. I started the evening with the tuna tacos appetizer, then for dinner I had filet mignon. It was tender and flavored. My BFF had crab cake and lobster bisque. We had a couple of cocktails. I personally recommend The Morton's Champagne Cocktail. I also had chocolate cake. Oh the bonus was they our picture because it was a special evening. Overall everything was very good would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014The restaurant is great but the level of noise and the very loe telperature made the evening worse than what it could be. We cannot freeze while eating and/or not to be able to speak each-other. In spite of the inconveniences the level of the food as excellent.Special Features:
- Great for Power-LunchingMillennialManagerRMDined on 7/29/2014I found Morton's on a list of "The Top Places for Power-Lunching" and I was very pleased with my choice. The service was impeccable, the food was prepared well, and the noise level was perfect for discussing business. I would definitely recommend Morton's to friends and colleagues alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit too slick....Xwmw55Dined on 7/28/2014When we dine in a high end restaurant, we're expecting the best in service, food presentation, ambience etc... Morton's delivered. BUT in a way we felt like we were being processed through a fast food restaurant. We look to enjoy our evening perhaps spending up to 2 hours or more at the table. Morton's staff was exceedingly prompt. We felt rushed on wine, appetiser and menu decisions. The complimentary bread was on the table before the hostess had finished seating our party. The sommelier was recommending wine within a minute, serving within three minutes. Our orders were taken and the appetizers arrived in less than five minutes. Appetizers were not completed when the mains arrived. The Meal was DONE IN LESS THAN THIRTY MINUTES!
- LovelySteakloverDined on 7/26/2014Nice place my husband says it's to dark but everything was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Chicago - Wacker PlacejesuhernDined on 7/19/2014Impresive service and the great food they serve. We spent a beautiful night with the family with great service and unique food and taste. Congratulations.Special Features:
- The Best Steak!PJMilwaukeeDined on 7/19/2014This place is by far my favorite steakhouse! As soon as you walk in, the excellent service starts. Very professional staffs, waiters and waitresses, etc. The food is outstanding, it is our favorite place to eat for special occasion (it is pricey so we can't afford to go here all the time).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensiveSuzannamontanaDined on 7/18/2014The wait staff was very attentive and the service was quick. The meat was exceptional as was the carrot cake. Probably wouldn't order the chop salad again but that is my own taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IntimateIntimateDined on 7/16/2014I really enjoyed Morton's. It was a very quiet and intimate setting. I took my girlfriend there for her Birthday because she is a steak lover. I love seafood however, I tried the steak and seafood mixer and it was delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent.NA11VIPDined on 7/12/2014Our waiter started off a little slow, but he got better as the night went on.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialocckidsDined on 7/12/2014Our waitress was nice enough but her knowledge of the wine list was mediocre at best. She did not hear our description of what we were looking for but did bring us tasting of 3 wines. In the end we ordered a wine after looking through the wine list again. And only then did the sommelier come to our table. I guess we expected his assistance when the waitress was in over her head.
- The Beef ExperienceLuv4beefDined on 7/8/2014It was exactly what I had expected. Therefore expectations were fulfilled. The ambiance was very romantic and comfortable at the same time. The food was so delicious that our conversation ended until when finished the meal. The beef was tender and flavorful. The nice thing about the steakhouse was the waiters way of presenting the different cuts of beef to help you decide on the one you preferred. The bar drink was so refreshing and it complemented the meal. I will return again for that special event.Special Features:
- Great DinnerJoshVIPDined on 7/6/2014I am visiting Chicago with my wife on Vacation. Both food and service were amazing. Definitely return.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Food was excellent as well as the service. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Poor Service, Bad SteakspodantDined on 7/4/2014Unprofessional service, over priced steaks, cheesy decor. The waiter scratched his belly inside his shirt while taking our order. We ordered two 8oz filets, both to be cooked medium (pink inside) one came out very well done, and the other one was rare. We told waiter steaks weren't cooked as requested, and he said oh ok, and walked away, did nothing to make it better. The meat was a poor quality, clearly not aged. The tab for 2 steaks, 1 baked potato, 1 creamed spinach, 2 glasses of wine= $200.00! Not worth it, there are plenty of excellent steak houses in Chicago that serve outstanding aged steaks for that price or less.