Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place
65 East Wacker Place
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 3122010410x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar & Dining Room:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday 12:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Chicago (Wacker Place) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/wacker
- Cross Street: Michigan Avenue
- Public Transit: Nearest El stop:
Brown/Purple/Green/Orange/Pink Lines - State/Lake or Randoph/Wabash
Red Line - State/Lake
Blue Line - Clark/Lake
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking available after 4:30pm for $16.
Parking garages available both next door ("Park 1") and 1 block south at 60 E. Lake Street. Hotel parking & private lots also available in the area.
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place
Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago (Wacker Place). We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Loop ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)notable wine list (70)romantic (69)fit for foodies (53)good for groups (44)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (15)late-night find (15)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and it was amazing. We had special menus, our picture taken and was even offered a discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ErnieErnieDined on 10/18/2014Food was excellent...service a bit lacking and the noise level was too high for table conversation.Special Features:
- Excellent in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We enjoyed a Sunday evening celebration after the Chicago marathon. The waiter was friendly, knowledgable, supremely competent and fun, but we expect he is a great mood-matcher and coud have been more formal and low-key if it had been apparent that that was what we wanted. We had lobster bisque and the scallops special to start which were both excellent, followed by filet mignon and New York strip. Both cooked exactly as ordered and both wonderful. The filet was particularly melt-in-the-mouth. The sides of cauliflower with truffle oil and horseradish mashed potato were filling but we finished them both, they were so good. We managed one cheesecake dessert between us. It wasn't a cheap meal but worth every cent, and truly memorable.Special Features:
- kudosDined on 10/12/2014Loved that our server was so knowledgeable and answered perfectly all the questions I had on how each dish was preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Chain restaurant or not, we've had a better prepared steak for less money. My wife ordered a $59 strip steak and asked for it to be cooked medium. When the steak came it was clearly overcooked to the point there was little pink left let alone medium. When we said the steak seemed overcooked the server didn't immediately offer to replace the steak. Instead he looked at the steak and said it was medium in the thickest part. We weren't looking for a debate, it should have been replaced no questions asked. My wife kept the steak at that point because she felt guilty for saying anything. After that the service became awkward and uncomfortable. Nothing else was offered at that point and we were charged in full. I would not recommend!!!!!
- Not what it used to be.MrLoobnerDined on 10/8/2014I am not a regular visitor, but have eaten at the Chicago Morton's as well as at the one in Minneapolis a few times in the past 15 years. Those were meals that I continue to talk about to this day. Consequently, I was disappointed to find that Morton's has dropped the practice of presenting the cuts of meat as well as the over-sized vegetables at your table as part of the overall experience. This meal seemed like just another meal in just another steakhouse. My New York strip was actually gristly though the flavor was superb. I won't be talking about this meal---in fact, I've already forgotten about it.Special Features:
- Disappointing.JenniferVIPDined on 10/3/2014I usually frequent the Houston Galleria Morton's which is an excellent experience, can also vouch for San Antonio and Miami locations. The Chicago experience is quite the opposite. Suggest you included a trip to Morton's in your travel plans outside of Chicago.
- Excellent, but...OaknutterDined on 10/2/2014...the bathroom reminded me of a bus station restroom at the end of a busy day; it was rather unbecoming of a high-end restaurant.Special Features:
- WoodsonDined on 10/2/2014It is always a special place to dine when we visit Chicago. It was my birthday time and things could not have been more perfect! The staff were phenominal! Thank you to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningRobBDined on 9/27/2014Everything flowed very smoothly. The cell phone enabled reservation process was simple, direct, and effective. Our table was ready, and the Morton's team was 100% - the right level of contact and service. The food was outstanding and the ala carte method puts the diner in control of quantity. well done.Special Features:
- Great MealSteakLoverDined on 9/27/2014Filet was one of the best I've ever eaten! Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I've ever hadChicagofoodieDined on 9/26/2014Very pricey- but the food was so outstanding it was worth it. We went here for our anniversary. The food, service, and wine list was impeccable. Would recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a KingoutandaboutDined on 9/23/2014The steak was excellent as usual, the service was up to its normal superior quality. I have never been disappointed when I have been to Morton's. Their service is consistently wonderful quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionally DisapppointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014For a supposed high-end steakhouse, the food was exceptionally disappointing. For the price, the food was shockingly disappointing. Unfortunately, our server was disinterested at best and added to the overall poor experience. Just goes to show one cannot be successful on name alone.
- JWMCTDined on 9/21/2014OMG! Parmesan truffle french fries! Tender steaks cooked to perfection. What is not to love.Special Features:
- DMappOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I am a huge fan of Charlie's Steak House in Orlando, FL, which I find to be among the best in the country. While in Chicago last week, my wife and I had dinner at the Morton's on Wacker Place. The food and service were first rate! I highly recommend this restaurant for true steak lovers.Special Features:
- kabremVIPDined on 9/19/2014Very nice restaurant with fine service, however based on the price I've been to better steakhouses. I did not feel that food was outrageous and again for the price point, I've experienced better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014We were very dissapointed! Low value for money. - Our jackets were just put on a chair next to our table. - Silverware was dirty - We did not get a bread knife and had to use the big steak knife to cut the butter - No serious wine recommendation was given instead the menu was read to us - Taste of the food was OK but especially the steak, by far was not the best in town
- Summer SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014I received a few emails promoting the 40.00 three course dinner so I thought I would treat my husband to a steak dinner. We had to ask the server about the special, which wasn't an issue, but caused concern that the special might have ended. The salad, veg dish and dessert were the best part of the meal. I was disappointed with the steak, which I still believe wasn't the same tenderloin we would have been served if we were paying the regular menu price. However, according to the special we were getting a 6 ounce filet, but it definitely didn't seem like a 6 ounce filet.Special Features:
- Guest relationsMandyDined on 9/13/2014I think that there was not enough of attention to detail when it came to the service that my party received. If the wait staff would have taken the time to double check the orders and who ordered them there wouldn't have been such a mix up. Also I hate when I patronize a restaurant but then end up feeling like I got substantial service because my table is the only table with people of color. I've eaten a plenty of restaurants and do monitor my treatment as well as the treatment of other surrounding guest. I enjoyed the food but I wish that restaurants treat all of their guest the same.Special Features:
- Morton's Wacker Place 9-12-14bearsdadDined on 9/12/2014The service was excellent and the food was wonderful. Just like I expected! Great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VibrantBigjimDined on 9/10/2014The place was packed full of great looking people and the food was exceptional!Special Features:
- Most amazing steaks WITH BUTTERS!tessamaymarrDined on 9/10/2014The butters they serve with the steaks, are MIND BLOWING. There are 4 options and we shared them all. And what a cut of meat! Everything was delicious. Service was fantastic! No complaints whatsoever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks I had ever eat.ChihuahuaDined on 9/10/2014Ribeye and filet mignon are my favorites steaks. Wine list is really best selection and more than I ve ever known.Special Features:
- Biz dinnerLainieDined on 9/8/2014Excellent food excellent service Great wine, just what you expect from Morton'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak house in ChicagoCanada123Dined on 9/3/2014Between the two of us, we tried the escargot and the scallops appetizers, the New York strip and the ribeye, the Brussels sprouts side, and for dessert the key line pie and the seasonal fruit crisp with vanilla ice cream. Everything was excellent, and we really enjoyed our dinner. The steaks are sizeable, as are the desserts, and so you want to be seriously hungry when you get there. I also liked that they had a very wide selection of American wines. I had previously tried Morton's original location on Rush St. in the Gold Coast, but I enjoyed my dinner at the Wacker Place location more. This restaurant is more elegant, and the service is more professional, than on Rush St. The noise level is lower too, which is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweetcoupleDined on 9/1/2014such good food, wish we could afford to eat their more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a fantastic eveningAngelaDined on 8/30/2014My server was great and efficient. He even took a picture of us and was very caring. Answered every question that was asked. Knows the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Delivers great steaks, service and ambience. Lives up to its reputation of being a great steakhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classy placefoodieDined on 8/28/2014good food and great service. we celebrated a promotion on this day. good lunch specials to choose fromSpecial Features:
- Great steakBarbAtlDined on 8/27/2014Finished out our vacation with dinner at Morton's where they graciously accommodated a split steak order and recommended a wonderful wine to go with it. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Golden Anniversary Dinner2DePauwGradsDined on 8/22/2014We wanted to replicate our first dinner as a married couple. We ate at the Morton's which was just north of the Museum of Science and Industry, South Shore Drive at East 56th Street. We remember that evening to be very special. Fifty years later we found the evening to be just as exemplary from the warm welcome to our farewell. The attention given to us by the manager, the hostess, and the servers was fabulous. The filet mignon was excellent. The attention given to this being our Golden Anniversary was heartwaming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Elegant RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Overall, we are pleased with our experience at this Morton's location. The food was excellent. However, while the service was not bad, it could have been better. If I'm ever in Chicago again, I'd make it a priority to visit Morton's Wacker Place location again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joesamDined on 8/16/2014Great steakhouse ...everything was very good . I would go again . The personal was very informative on reservation reserved .. the watress was professional and understanding with specific way I like my steak season and cook ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trevor1208trevor1208Dined on 8/15/2014Service was very, very good, caught a real deal on some very good wine, only hick - up was the shrimp that my wife ordered was way over done, not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Great service, with a diverse selection of quality steaks and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak and SeafoodSeafoodLove44Dined on 8/11/2014They have a seafood selection that is well done I had Salmon and stuffed shrimp. Escargot was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I made a reservation for my girfriend and I for dinner on her birthday. After shopping, we went to the restaurant, arriving slightly early(20 minutes). Since the restaurant was not busy yet, they offered to seat us immediately. They acknowleged her birthday and even had special menus with "Happy Birthday" on them(a nice touch). We had a wonderful meal(we were their for over 2 hours) and I, honestly, could not have been more pleased with the food, service or ambience of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableDowntownDinerDined on 8/9/2014I always enjoy Morton's and lately, their special dinners have been outstanding. These offer value in additional to the usual high quality and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service in Chitown,Awesome!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I heard about Morton's from a family member who had dined there. We made reservations online(very easy)and were contacted by the restaurant prior to our trip to the city. We were also contacted the day of the reservation by text for confirmation. We arrived on time and were met with a smile and great service from then on. The wine was smooth and the appetizer delicious. The server and house staff were very attentive. The server was patient with all our questions (first timers) and was well versed the wine selection. The food courses were spaced properly and we felt comfortable. Our main courses were top notch and exceeded our expectations. We had a wonderful dining experience and will return when possible. Thank you Morton's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.