Morton's The Steakhouse - Troy
888 West Big Beaver Road, Suite 111
Troy, MI 48084Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Troy
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 2484049845
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday - Thursday 5pm - 10pm, Friday - Saturday 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jesse Nemeth
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Detroit (Troy) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/troy
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Troy
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Troy - Best Restaurants in Troy ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Troy reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)romantic (66)notable wine list (48)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (9)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- It's prime beef, 'nuf said!!Randizzle64VIPDined on 10/21/2014I was worried when Landry's bought the chain, but they have only added to the menu, making it a bit more diverse for those not looking for a giant steak. For those that are, you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- October20celebrationJuly23ladydayplayDined on 10/19/2014great food. Photo thoughtful. personalized menu lovely touch. Perfect service. wish pricing did not limit visits to special occasion only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!!TYG1Dined on 10/17/2014This was one of the best STEAKS I ever had. The wine is a little pricey, but over all it was a great place for a speaical occasion dinner, The price for dinner for two was about $200.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my experiencegreatfoodDined on 10/11/2014Me and some family went to Morton's to celebrate my anniversary everyone was nice, professional, and just all around great. That was my first time dining there and I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somethng is still missing!SandyDined on 10/11/2014Since a new company has taken over the overall feel of the place is different......and the management staff no longer decorate the table when it's for a birthday, etc. The service and food were great, the light level is too low. Maybe supplying each table with a mini flash light would greatly help!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitressDKSeatDined on 10/8/2014Food was very good. Waitress wasn't very friendly until she brought the bill...tip time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Nite at Morton's Was Great!MariposaDined on 10/4/2014We participated in a "Lincoln Date Nite" where we got to drive a Lincoln MKC for the weekend and received a $100.00 gift card for Morton's Steak house. We had never eaten there before and found the service to be outstanding from the bartender "Ken", who mixed me up a Grape "Crush" (so delicious, to the Manager who took our coats and seated us (even moved table so we could get extra comfortable in the comfy booth). The waitress was very informative and the food was cooked to perfection. We especially liked the lobster bisque as it had a bit of a cajun spice that kicked it up a notch!. Also, really liked our beautiful MKC waiting for us when we walked out the door thanks to the valet! Perfect!!Special Features:
- Service and Food was ExcellentRyanDined on 10/3/2014Nicole was our waitress and she was awesome, great personality and great service. The steaks were some of the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysPassionateGourmetGirlDined on 9/23/2014Love dining at Morton's. The food is always delicious and the service excellent.Special Features:
- Thank you, had wonderful time.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Manager Matt made our 24th wedding anniversary dinner special. Thanks again.Special Features:
- OMG...BolinkDined on 9/21/2014The dining was superb!! Steaks were cooked to perfection! You have to try the 4 onion soup, and the bacon mac and cheese side.. Best meal we've had in a long time and they made it even more special with a happy birthday menu and a picture!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Anniversary it was GreatJacquesDined on 9/17/2014We were surprised to be greeted with a menu that said Happy Anniversary to us specifically! Food was very well cooked just not the most exciting menu. We ordered the escargot (needed more garlic and pesto but were happy they offered it on the menu), table bread (horrible), salads (very large portions and very good), filet mignon with foie gras butter (was very well cooked, could've used a little more foie gras taste), bacon wrapped scallops (not our favorite but I think it was b/c the bacon wasn't our thing - they were hot and well cooked), creamed spinach (was just ok), and shrimp (well cooked but nothing special) and the chocolate lava cake (which was AMAZING!!). Service was impeccable. They had a function going so was a little noisey.Special Features:
- ExcellentDocPDined on 9/17/2014The best steak house in the area. Consistently good food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleMrDisappointedDined on 9/16/2014The quality of food , the service everything sub standard-compared to Morton Orlando it is not even close- very disappointed-- made three mistakes on meals --steaks cooked wrong also-- steaks not the quality of Orlandos-- many lower end steak houses have better steaks Waiters and manager snobbed their noses up when we mentioned there mistakes--
- Good NightlarrylawyerVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food was good and the service was fine. A little loud with one group making a lot of noise.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014My wife and I both ordered filet mignon. Both were significantly over cooked from what we requested (requested medium and medium well, and result was both were very well done).
- Celebrating at Morton'sDiningDelightInTroyMichDined on 9/13/2014Really enjoyed our evening out. Morton's is always a guaranteed wonderful meal with a warm, pleasant atmosphere. It was a lovely place to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. I had a filet cooked to perfection with mashed potatoes. My wife had the Chicken Bianco with Lyonnaise potatoes. We both enjoyed the Morton's salad and a soufflé (hers was Grand Marnier mine was chocolate). Our sever Jennifer was wonderful and really made our evening special. We will always think of Morton at the top of our list for a romantic evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnnyODined on 9/13/2014Great food and service. We were celebrating my daughter's birthday, my birthday, and my anniversary (14 yrs) with my wife. Made my daughter, wife, and I all feel like it was our own unique special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEH. Ok food; abysmal service.EZMFEDined on 9/13/2014Saturday night dinner with my wife, no special occasion (thank God). The service started out... slow. I don't know if they were understaffed (nor do I care), but the service for the entire meal was painfully slow. It really put a damper on the entire dining experience. Oh, that, and the miserable brussel sprouts (side dish). They were a gigantic horrible boiled mess. Other than that, the other food (lobster tail, cajun ribeye, raw oysters) was great. I couldn't get over the fact how poor the service was for ANY restaurant, let alone a place like Morton's with such high expectations. Want real service? Go across the street to Ruth's Chris, down the road to Captial Grille, or over to Eddie Merlots where the service matches the price tag.
- mtwmidgeDined on 9/13/2014Always great food and service, took some friends who had never been there and they loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationkittymommaDined on 9/13/2014We went to Morton's for a 50th birthday celebration. We were greeted with birthday wishes as we entered. Even the menus were printed with a personal birthday message! Our dinner was cooked perfectly. The service was amazing. The napkins were re-folded if one left the table for any reason! Overall a lovely evening!Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience!Pink1908Dined on 9/12/2014I celebrated my Husband's birthday with friends on September 12th.....the night was truly treat' not only for him but for the rest of us as well....our dinner was delicious, everything was prepared as requested....the staff went above and beyond wishing my Husband Happy Birthday....I was really impressed...kudos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night Date Night - Sept 2014Macomb59Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I opted to visit the Troy location for Friday date night and found it to be relaxed and comfortable from the moment we arrived. The bar and dinner staff were professional, courteous, and very knowledgeable. Special credit should be given to our server who knew many of the dinner options that were available that evening and to the dinner staff in general for being attentive but distance throughout our dining experience. The atmosphere was very comfortable and relaxing with romantic lighting, light music allowing conversation, and no pressure allowing us to have a great time. Our dinners were excellent from the appetizers through desert, all prepared just as we ordered with tremendous flavors. We look forward to our return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor ambiancepleasentmusicDined on 9/12/2014you want to have an enjoyable dinner and not to have to listen to electronic beat noise. whoever makes the manager play this noise should be fired!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 5 starGoodfood2Dined on 9/11/2014I've been eating here for over 15 years. The food is always great. Service this visit was not so great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014I've gone to Mortons many times in various locations throughout the years and always looked forward to the food. On this occasion (my anniversary) the service was fair but not that good and the food was terrible. The potatoes were not cooked and the steak was poor in quality. My wifes lobster was not cooked properly and she ended up sending her asparagus back. I will not return
- brooksvilletravelersDined on 9/8/2014not what the old morton's was especially for ambiance. food dropped a notch. for a monday service from the waitress was a little slow and we had to ask for items(fork, etc.) although she was quite pleasant. missed having the steaks, etc. brought to the table for ordering.Special Features:
- great service, great foodKMallDined on 9/5/2014We celebrated our anniversary, everything was amazing. The custom menu the picture food staff. We thoroughly enjoyed the dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TracDined on 9/5/2014Nice personalized touch adding our names and year of anniversary on a keepsake menu, although the rates on the paper menu were not the same rates on the presented menu, my thought these were leftover menus, so why bother presenting. I received a end of the summer Eblast special price menu but I had to mention the deal and pull up from my cell phone to order. The bartender Kenny was pleasnt and the valet person was too. The portion size with the end of the deal was just enough so no take home bags needed , although I did use one for the desert. The key Lime pie and salmon was good.
- DISAPPOINTING!SteakloverDined on 9/5/2014Classic, intimate ambiance. Music was too loud. Filet was a bit over-cooked. Better Lobster Bisque at Brio & Bravo! Less flavorful and served barely warm. My last spoonful was cold. Mac and cheese was good. Au Gratin potatoes consisted of large chunks of potatoes mixed with cheese. Key lime pie was old: graham cracker crust was stale and whipped cream topping had bits of lime rind mixed in. Ruined the smooth texture of the pie itself. Very few patrons dining at the same time yet my water glass remained empty 5-10 minutes longer than I would expect for this type of dining establishment.
- Great nightlarrylawyerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed a very nice dinner with our best friends. The food was very good as usual.Special Features:
- AmazingLuz2dineDined on 8/29/2014This place is amazing. My husband and I went for our 33 anniversary. We both agree the service and the food was excellent . A plus we received a free Polaroid picture and a free desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KenG69Dined on 8/23/2014had a great anniversary celebration, the staff at Morton's were great. will return again, thanks for the great food and wonderful evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent service! Nicole was an awesome waitress!! She even retrieved our car from the valet!! First class all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellentStephanieDined on 8/23/2014If you are craving an exceptional steak, this is the place. My bone-in rib eye was so tender, chewing was an option. It literally melted in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but that wait...CreeperCKDined on 8/22/2014Made a reservation for 8:45 PM. Two factors at play here: It was the final day of Troy Restaurant Week but it was after the typical dinner time. That said, no actual realistic estimation of when we would be seated was given. When told we were next, I watched two other groups get seated beforehand. Actual seating time was 9:20 PM. That is unacceptable. The service at the table was wonderful and friendly and the food was fantastic. This portion of the evening we enjoyed quite a bit, but the initial wait and expectation was extremely lacking and very disappointing. Hopefully, this is NOT the norm.Special Features:
- ReviewReviewDined on 8/22/2014This was our first time at the Mortons in Troy, MI. The waitress was very nice while the hostess were very rude to us while they made us wait an hour after our scheduled reservation. Also, the bar tenders were inattentive were we had to wait 20 mins to get a drink while we were waiting for our table.Special Features:
- Clear winner for restaurant week!hlnwlzDined on 8/20/2014Service and food were impeccable, the gold standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very slow service.luvgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/19/2014This was our third dining experience. As always, the food was outstanding. Our only issue was that we were starving by the time our entrees arrived-it took an hour!! We made the reservation well in advance.Special Features:
- troy restaurant weekyumsDined on 8/18/2014first timer, tried the restaurant week menu, was amazing, definitely worth paying extra for the truffle butter on the filet, to die for!!!!!!!!!!Special Features: