Morton's The Steakhouse - Toronto
4 Avenue Road at Prince Arthur
Toronto, ON M5R2E8Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$51 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Toronto
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 4169250648
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 5:00pm
Monday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters! Please call (416) 925-0648 for details.
- Special Events: Morton's in Toronto hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/toronto
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Toronto
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Toronto - Best Restaurants in Yorkville ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)notable wine list (36)good for groups (36)fit for foodies (33)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerMargroxDined on 8/22/2014Carrot cake. Lobster dinner. Service all out of this world. Sitting at small 2 seater table would stop me from returning more frequently. Would have preferred a booth especially for people from Toronto who would be returning - that would have been smartSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Giving us personalized menus was a very nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming dinnersouthphillygirlVIPDined on 8/16/2014Must say, a bit disappointed in service and food. Filet Mignon was OK, not great, and the asparagus was very hard. Potatoes and desserts were good. Philadelphia restaurant is better by far.Special Features:
- Beautiful Anniversaryirishgirl22Dined on 8/15/2014We planned our anniversary dinner here and they made special menus and took a picture. On top of it all they brought out a complimentary dessert for us to share. Also who I believe was the manager came and asked us how our meal was. It was wonderful. I would dine again there next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely Good GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014me and my girlfriend tried Martins the other day for the first time. The food was absolutely incredible and we will definitely be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lightingfoodEEDined on 7/28/2014way too dark. My colleague could not even read the menu
- Best overall steakhouse in Toronto!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Tried many steakhouses and overall I would rate Mortons no1.Special Features:
- met my expectationsbertDined on 7/24/2014Overall I was expecting to have a great meal and probably pay too much for it. Two of us went and it was not cheap but the most was impeccably prepared and cooked and was as one would expect; delicious. It's not cheap especially the sides...but most can be shared as the portions are generous and I would go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steaks, But ExpensivePeterVIPDined on 7/19/2014Morton's is the definitive steak house. Excellent steaks, cooked just right, with equally excellent sides. The wine list is extensive and extends to a choice of wine by the glass, and even non-alcoholic beer! Service is just about right. It has been a while since we were here and my sense is that more tables have been added, so it's crowded when full, and noisy. I recall that a tray of steaks used to be presented at the table by the server so that you could better choose from the variety available...no more! While I have nothing but praise for the steak dinner, the same cannot be said for our dessert, the Grande Marnier soufflé...it was virtually tasteless with a tough unattractive skin. At Morton's prices you are entitled to expect better.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceerictalksnowDined on 7/12/2014Steaks were average at best, and not cooked to my liking. Mashed potatoes (one purportedly being enough to serve 2 -- false) were small and oddly flavoured at $13.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Have already phoned Morton,s re our visit, we had better service at McDonald,s, spoke to someone, said manager would get back to us, so far no, to make it worse it was my birthday, so no we will not go back,Special Features:
- Great Steak-houseOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/6/2014Morton's is consistently good at what it does....great steaks. Its expensive, but it always delivers the same in terms of quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFood77VIPDined on 6/28/2014Overall, good food! shrimp cocktail, crab cake were excellent. Lobster bisque was OK this night. Steaks, mac n cheese, and truffle/parmesan fries were out of this world. Server was pleasant and she put forth a great effort. One thing that stick out in my mind at this restaurant was the lag time between courses. We waited 40-45 mins between appetizers, main, and dessert. I was hoping this would have come out a little quicker. I'd definitely go back, but, maybe mid week, not on a weekend.Special Features:
- Close to perfect!MissDinesOutalotDined on 6/26/2014I went to Morton's with my 2 dearest friends who are steak lovers like me. We all ordered filets. 2 of them were cooked to perfection--the third was way overdone. To their credit, upon being informed of her disappointment with her meal, both the waiter and manager offered to cook her a new one immediately. When she declined due to time constraints, her steak was removed from the bill. Apart from this hiccup, the rest of our food was excellent! Caesar salad, grilled shrimp, scallops wrapped in bacon, and sautéed mushrooms were all praiseworthy. The lemon soufflé was light and airy, and the creme brûlée cheesecake divine. My only complaints would be that the restaurant was very cold and the noise level a bit high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can Morton'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/18/2014The quality was not the same as other Morton's Restaurants. The potatoe skins were soggy, undercooked and in a word terrible. The Morton's chopped salad was totally inferior--no cheese. Food quality and preparation was poor.
- RobininMuskokaDined on 6/16/2014We go to Morton's to celebrate special occasions and the food is consistently good! My husband and kids had delicious steaks. I don't eat meat and the fish options are always great.Special Features:
- Always excellentKonfuciusDined on 6/16/2014The New York was cooked perfectly and I ate every bite. The mac and cheese and creme brulee were great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The filet was tremendous. The salmon was average (I know...why would my wife order salmon?). The scallops, as an appetizer, were fantastic. Obviously, it's an expensive meal but the service and quality of the steaks were great.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014We're from near Buffalo New York whenever we go to Toronto we have our special dinner at Morton's on vacation and conferences we've dined at numerous Morton's in San Diego, Chicago and numerous other cities with the same satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner spotsaudia558VIPDined on 6/6/2014the steaks were really good - but the crab cakes were hands down, the best I've had in Toronto! the service was also very good. I would definately revisit and recommend Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner of your dreamsdinewithfriendsDined on 5/30/2014We had two couples at our table for a nice enjoyable meal. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff made you feel welcomed We all had different cuts of steak and each one was Delicious!! Living in Northern Ontario, this is a treat whenever we are in TorontoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodmooseDined on 5/30/2014Those that like the Keg type restaurant should find this one a notch above. Nothing negative to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front of houseQueryDined on 5/25/2014I would have thought that front of house staff would have been friendly and warm?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lux StudiosVIPPROTECTIONDined on 5/23/2014We attend Morton's for many business and personal functions. We flew in from LA this time and had a busienss dinner scheduled for around 19:00 and had to push it a few hours before to 20:30 and JOAN did a great job helping us out with that. Thank you again.Special Features:
- always good and always reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/11/2014Mortens is consistently good in what it does - it an expensive upmarket steakhouse. If that's not for you, then look elsewhere.....but if you want a really god steak and are willing to pay for it, this is for you.Special Features:
- Good steak + lobsterHappymomDined on 5/11/2014The overall dining experience is great , however, my son ordered the 22 oz prime bone in ribeye steak was a bit salty. Our server was a bit rush to take our orders, even I asked for couple minutes to go over the menu which was not given to us when we are seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, awful ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014This was our first visit to Morton's Toronto and although the food was excellent, the ambiance was terrible enough to ruin the experience. Unfortunately, the restaurant is exceptionally busy and the tables are very close together. We were seated beside a rather bolshy party of 4 who insisted on having a very loud and pretentious conversation fueled with bravado - needless to say, this was somewhat unappetising! In short, the ambiance is certainly a shame, especially as the food and wait staff are very good.
- FRANDined on 5/9/2014WE WENT TO MORTON'S FOR MY WIFE BIRTHDAY EVERYTHING WAS NICE THE RECEPTIONS, SERVICE, AND THE STAKES INCREIBLE.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2014Awesome steak... fabulous staff, friendly... attention to your experince being the best.pSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryMortonsrocksDined on 5/6/2014An anniversary dinner we were treated like a new bride and groom. Thanks. And the signature strip outstanding and worth the price.Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary dinnersylvrgirlVIPDined on 5/5/2014Morton's always adds that most wonderful special touch, when they know you are celebrating a special occasion. That makes celebrations all the more special and love how they go out of their way. Knowing the food portions, we held back and ordered just enough. The big bread ball (complimentary) is nice and warm and ample to use as an app. Just know when to stop! I ordered the 8 oz filet mignon, while my husband ordered the NY Strip and we shared the sour creamed mashed potatoes. First off, the NY Strip was out of this world succulent and so flavourful. One of the best NY Strips we've enjoyed. My filet was nice, but kept going for my husband's strip! As for the mash, wow, that is the winner and would order again. Loved our dinner.Special Features:
- Special TouchSueMatDined on 5/2/2014Our party received a personal menu and slice of cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014Mortons was such a fantastic experience for us to dine and celebrate! Delicious food and attentive wait staff, warm decor.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerGreeks4Dined on 5/1/2014We took my husband to Morton's to celebrate his 70th birthday. We were welcomed at the door and escorted to our table promptly. The food was excellent and the service by our waiter "Steve" was the best. Lamb is one of my favourite meats and the chops I had were some of the best I have ever tasted. We would definitely recommend Morton's to anyone looking for a great meal - expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014It was a great experience. The steak was done just the way I liked it. It was the best steak I ever had. I enjoyed the ambience and the nice and quiet to have great conversation. The service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 620 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Toronto reviews archive.
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014I took my daughter here to celebrate her birthday while visting from Boston and we can not say enough great things about our meal. She is still talking about it days later. Says it was the best meal she has ever had and I agree. It was wonderful from the minute we entered till the time we left. Thank you very muchSpecial Features:
- So disappointing...LuvMySteakDined on 4/25/2014I'm sad to say that after over 10 years of frequenting Morton's this will likely have been my last visit. Ever since the ownership change the service has gone down the tubes. After having an over done steak, they corrected it with a properly cooked medium rare steak, unfortunately by then the flow of the dinner with the rest of the group is ruined. The replacement steak came inconsistently seasoned. For dessert preordered lava chocolate cake came over cooked and without giving a chance for others to order dessert leaving others waiting to order dessert. Just poor service.
- Great Birthday Friendly ExperiencesteakloversanonymousDined on 4/24/2014We celebrated two birthdays-My Son's 37th and my 72nd-great steak, salads. sides and two free chocolate deserts with candles! The food and service were excellent. This location at Avenue Road and Bloor( Prince Arthur) is terrific. We love Morton's and will return oftenSpecial Features:
- Dinner at Morton'scoco777Dined on 4/24/2014It was an overall pleasant experience and the food was good. Appetizers were a little disappointing as the cocktail shrimps were a little soft and the ahi tuna tower, the amount of avocado was overwhelming in relation to the tuna and wonton crisps. However the service was wonderful and all the mains/steaks were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!CandCDined on 4/19/2014Good food good service. Not very quiet and or romantic and not private. But still a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.