Morton's The Steakhouse - Toronto
4 Avenue Road at Prince Arthur
Toronto, ON M5R2E8Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$51 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Toronto
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (416) 925-0648
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 5:00pm
Monday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters! Please call (416) 925-0648 for details.
- Special Events: Morton's in Toronto hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/toronto
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Toronto
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Toronto - Best Restaurants in Yorkville ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (38)good for groups (36)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Consistent. You know you will have a good meal.FoodmomVIPDined on 11/22/2014Mortons continually is consistent. The food is fresh, simple and just good. I'm not a steak eater but usually order the Salmon or Tuna tower and a Morton's chopped salad. Yummy. And you can't leave without the Molten lava cake for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingabigllamaVIPDined on 11/21/2014Food was excellent, service was amazing. Must go back and get more Bacon and Onion Mac and cheese!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best crab cake and chocolate lava cakeKawingDined on 11/15/2014I had the best crab cake ever had in my life in Morton's. The signature warm chocolate cake with ice-cream should not be missed either. It was an impressively nice dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2014We are planning to have our Christmas luncheon thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VanessaVIPDined on 11/10/2014Never fails to disappoint on delivering quality service and great food!Special Features:
- Best Steak....AgainMiamiFoodieVIPDined on 11/7/2014Consistently lovely, as ordered steaks with jumbo baked potato. Order the onion rings! Wait staff started off a tad too busy elsewhere for my liking, but corrected in good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and memorableLN18Dined on 11/4/2014We celebrated our kids second anniversary and Morton's printed special congratulatory menus for our group. The service was attentive and professional and the good was delicious. A reasonably priced wine was recommended and it was enjoyable. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014At one point it was so loud that we could not hear each other talk. Other than that we had a wonder time!Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceAylCDined on 10/30/2014Morton' provided a romantic evening for my girlfriend and I along with amazing food and service. A must try when in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service with cold foodAgnesDined on 10/18/2014The oysters is fresh and amazing. And we had order a lamp and loin dishes,but the food get cold so fast ,the bread is cold at all and hard. The Lemon Soufflé is good and delicious. What I remember is, I have excellent service when I first visit Morton's and the food is great, however, the service this time is bad even there is not much customers in the restaurant when we arrived which is around 5:30pm. I am disappointed and not going to revisit the restaurant again, unless I am craving for the Soufflé.Special Features:
- Old school great!Bdavis64VIPDined on 10/17/2014If you are feeling carnivorous then this is the place to be. The steaks are generous and spectacular. The portions are very large so order accordingly. The tough part is choosing because you will want every salad, appetizer and side dish...looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you want a great steak...ModernLoveDined on 10/15/2014...this is the best of them all. Not inexpensive, but priced to the quality.Special Features:
- Always great!BramshisDined on 10/11/2014We have been going to Mortons for years now and never had a bad experiance there. Consistently good food and service.Special Features:
- Something to look forward toStomachMedicineDined on 10/11/2014Morton's Toronto is , for our family, both a spot to bring children and grandchildren to, as well as a good place for my wife to have a professional talk with a group of colleagues upstairs in the meeting room. As we are fortunate to know some of the staff, getting together for a meal here is always nice. We were very happy to see the addition of lamb to the menu. The desserts are also very good and the prix fixe a good option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak & ServicePumpkinEaterDined on 10/5/2014This was our first time at Mortons. . Steak was great . Chopped spinach salad was overpowered by raw onion (which I remembered for the rest of the night). Excellent Key Lime pie (which I normally only order in Florida..so great to see it well executed in Toronto!). service was perfect.Having been to other high end steak houses, I'd rate it far better than Ruth Chris but not as good as Capital Grille. Recently joined Landry Select Club and its a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingmichelinVIPDined on 10/5/2014Went to celebrate my husband's birthday.......The little extra touches were not there this year. The steak is still good but not as good. We were put in probably the quietest part of the restaurant which was good but definitely not quiet.Special Features:
- CnerDined on 10/5/2014Thoroughly enjoyed a repeat visit for a family birthday. It was a lovely touch they put a "happy birthday" message at the top of the menu. Food was delicious and the service was efficient, knowledgeable and polite. A really enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisrespectedM3wadeDined on 9/27/2014I made a reservation as my husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. We were told to wait for a table to open up which was fine. What was not fine was another couple that walked in that was seated before us after waving the gentleman wave his "magic wand" at the manager. When I inquired about why they were seated before us..after a very long pause one of the hostesses responded "well he called the manager before he came in" this was after she told her fellow hostess "we sat a walk-in at table 20." Which one is it? I wish I knew calling and speaking to the manager trumped making a reservation. We left. We were so disgusted by the disrespectful treatment and felt judged which is unfortunate because I was looking forward to dining here.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceMBD1Dined on 9/26/2014Having had the opportunity to enjoy Morton's numerous times in a business setting, it was a welcome change of pace to enjoy a special anniversary dinner with my wife; the food was excellent, the service outstanding and the overall experience second-to-none. Our food was cooked perfectly and to our specifications; portion sizes more than adequate. Not an "every day" restaurant, but if you want to "raise the level" for a special occasion Morton's is highly recommended. Nice touch: they had "Happy 5th Anniversary" printed across the top of our menus...somethin nota ll restaurants might do that made the evening a little extra special. All I did was mention when making the reservation what is was for and hopefully we could get a quiet table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome experiencedumbdumbrayDined on 9/24/2014Took my girlfriend out for her birthday. Great food n great atmosphere. They even put a happy birthday greeting n my girlfriend's name on our special menu. Oh. Besides the steak, that appetizer bread was magnificent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once a while1GoodSteak2Dined on 9/20/2014We were pleased with the service and the food selection. I do not mind paying $50 for a good steak, but I do mind $13 for order of French fries. Still would recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerMaryVIPDined on 9/19/2014the tomatoes in the beefsteak tomato salad were soft and didn't taste good. My husband's steak arrived late and overcooked! fir disappointing experience!Special Features:
- Mortons did not disappointMiamiFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014Had the Grill Mix and my guests ordered 8 oz Filets. Perfectly done! As usual, the salads came out fresh and the onion rings....well, they're just yummy. Lucky us, some Toronto Maple Leaf players were 4 tables over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was phenomenal!DeeDeeDined on 9/19/2014I have been here many times and this last time was even better than the other few times...didn't think it was possible. The Chicago bone-in Ribeye was so delicious I finished it all, even though I only normally eat a 6-8 oz. It definitely sealed the perfect dinner with the wonderful desserts and seeing Phil Kessel and Dion Phaneuf doesn't hurt either!Special Features:
- Had a great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We celebrated an anniversary. (24). The restaurant was kind and special to recognize this. Had a great table and a great experience overall. The food was excellent. I would recommend the mixed grills for those on a "budget." The restaurant prices are $$$$. The sides are good for a table of 4. So 2-3 sides should be sufficient. Ask if your main meal comes with some sides.Special Features:
- Wonderful time out!ArcaneTechDined on 9/9/2014If you want a special time out, this is the place. The food and service are exceptional. However, I do feel bad for the regulars who have grown so accustomed that they no longer see this place as special.Special Features:
- Best steakhouse in my opinion!Lilykay2009Dined on 9/6/2014I have been to this restaurant 3 times and each time has exceeded my expectations. The food is beyond delicious. I have nothing but good things to say about this restaurant. Although it is quite pricey, but like everything you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TIFF 2014VIPPROTECTIONDined on 9/5/2014Like every year we have a get together with our key directors of our production studio in Toronto and everybody loved the experience. MORTON'S has the BEST meat quality in Toronto no other steakhouse we have frequented over the years is better.Special Features:
- Saturday night at Morton's for 2outoftownwersDined on 8/30/2014Tables for 2 are scarce - they are small, uncomfortable & in the middle of the room; service was rushed - removed one plate while other diner still eating; a second time wanted to remove plates when neither diner was finished; pushed dessert - did not have; noisy; will not return - other places in Toronto where one can spend $300 for dinner - do not need Morton's.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerMargroxDined on 8/22/2014Carrot cake. Lobster dinner. Service all out of this world. Sitting at small 2 seater table would stop me from returning more frequently. Would have preferred a booth especially for people from Toronto who would be returning - that would have been smartSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Giving us personalized menus was a very nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming dinnersouthphillygirlVIPDined on 8/16/2014Must say, a bit disappointed in service and food. Filet Mignon was OK, not great, and the asparagus was very hard. Potatoes and desserts were good. Philadelphia restaurant is better by far.Special Features:
- Beautiful Anniversaryirishgirl22Dined on 8/15/2014We planned our anniversary dinner here and they made special menus and took a picture. On top of it all they brought out a complimentary dessert for us to share. Also who I believe was the manager came and asked us how our meal was. It was wonderful. I would dine again there next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely Good GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014me and my girlfriend tried Martins the other day for the first time. The food was absolutely incredible and we will definitely be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinnerVIPPROTECTIONDined on 8/8/2014Morton's' always amazes everyone we take there and everybody loved the experience. MORTON'S has the BEST meat quality in Toronto no other steakhouse we have frequented over the years is better.Special Features:
- The following 651 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Toronto reviews archive.
- lightingfoodEEDined on 7/28/2014way too dark. My colleague could not even read the menu
- Best overall steakhouse in Toronto!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Tried many steakhouses and overall I would rate Mortons no1.Special Features:
- met my expectationsbertDined on 7/24/2014Overall I was expecting to have a great meal and probably pay too much for it. Two of us went and it was not cheap but the most was impeccably prepared and cooked and was as one would expect; delicious. It's not cheap especially the sides...but most can be shared as the portions are generous and I would go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steaks, But ExpensivePeterVIPDined on 7/19/2014Morton's is the definitive steak house. Excellent steaks, cooked just right, with equally excellent sides. The wine list is extensive and extends to a choice of wine by the glass, and even non-alcoholic beer! Service is just about right. It has been a while since we were here and my sense is that more tables have been added, so it's crowded when full, and noisy. I recall that a tray of steaks used to be presented at the table by the server so that you could better choose from the variety available...no more! While I have nothing but praise for the steak dinner, the same cannot be said for our dessert, the Grande Marnier soufflé...it was virtually tasteless with a tough unattractive skin. At Morton's prices you are entitled to expect better.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceerictalksnowDined on 7/12/2014Steaks were average at best, and not cooked to my liking. Mashed potatoes (one purportedly being enough to serve 2 -- false) were small and oddly flavoured at $13.Special Features: