Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - The Original
1050 North State Street
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - The Original
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: (312) 266-4820
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cigar Room, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Morton's in Chicago (The Original) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/statestreet
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - The Original
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - The Original - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - The Original reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)romantic (50)notable wine list (46)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent service.SharkboyDined on 11/22/2014Funny how you don't really notice excellent service until you get it ---and this restaurant sure delivers. We had two people waiting on our table. Never pushy, careful to be non-invasive, yet always there at the right moment to fill a glass or take an empty dish. Goodness.I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced...no viewanubis72VIPDined on 11/18/2014Over priced and no view. In the basement of bldg.Special Features:
- Really greatMemviewDined on 11/8/2014There were 3 in our party, and I was the member. When the time came for the check, we split it 3 ways but I didn't get my points. Next time I'll use another chain, since that was one of the main reasons for choosing that restaurant, as there are at leat 3-4 other 4-5 star restaurants within the block. Next time I'll choose one of the others when this occurs again.Special Features:
- Best dining expierence EVER !LUVITDined on 11/8/2014Recommended by a friend, we went to the original Morton's for our anniversary. I couldn't have dreamed or thought of anything they left out. It was 100% from the moment we arrived till we left. EVERY aspect was perfection. We are from Ontario Canada, first time in Chicago and 1 of the high lights of our trip.Special Features:
- Good Steak and Sidesiaprofessornance1Dined on 11/8/2014We went to Morton's with family, and the steaks and sides were great. Found our Morton's Salad and Caesar to be less than satisfactory, and the desserts not so great. The mac and cheese side, and Au gratin style potatoes were awesome, the onion rings not so good. The place was pretty loud as well. Not recommended if you were seeking a quiet spot. Hard to hear the others at end of our booth of 5.Special Features:
- A Chicago fave!ThreeDogsDined on 11/7/2014Don't get to Chicago often enough but managed to eat at Morton's twice! Food is excellent and the portions are perfect and the ambiance is comfy and attentive. We'll be back!Special Features:
- CB girls night outDownstatersDined on 11/7/2014As group of 9 women from out of town, we enjoy trying different restaurants in Chicago on each of our visits. Morton's was outstanding. The service was great, the waitress explained to us about the different steaks, the size of the portions etc. We were all very pleased. Our best meal in the 15 years we have been traveling to Chicago. We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Overcooked but well recoveredmyoshDined on 11/4/2014I waited for so long for our porter house steak and it was overcooked when delivered. I told them to exchange, then they quickly replaced with new one with perfect medium rare condition and it was very tasty. Although their confusion in the kitchen resulted as long waiting time and overcooked, floor managers and servers were doing excellent job and it was great experience there. I think they will improve kitchen workflow shortly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud to have a conversationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014We were less than 3 feet from each other, and literally had to shout to have a conversation. Not only were other patrons extremely loud, the music playing overhead was oppressive. We made reservations for 9 pm but had to wait 15 minutes before being seated. 1 beer, 2 NY Strip steaks and 2 sides came out to $181 before tip. The food was good but definitely not $181 worth of good.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciousTanqGibsVIPDined on 10/31/2014A classic steak house that's always consistent! great steaks, cook just right to your liking. wine list are top notch yet reasonable. sides are big enough to share (good way to order different sides to try). Don't forget to save some room for their famous soufflé! the best thing about Morton's Steakhouse is the Service! from the host the moment you walk in, to the bar and to the wait staff especially our waitress Suzanne! she's very professional, friendly, attentive and anticipates your needs. a true asset to the company. we always have a positive experience when she's our waitress. to summarize, if you are looking for great food (steak), impeccable service (ask for Suzanne) and a wonderful dining experience, you should go to Morton's !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Consistently great food, but better than expected this visit. A mainstay meal every visit to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Restaurant!neighborVIPDined on 10/31/2014As always, the food was delicious and the service (Sean) was excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/29/2014Outstanding in every way! Have not had an opportunity to dine there for a while, but we will go out of our way to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place for steakMikeBikerVIPDined on 10/25/2014This is the place to go for a well prepared steak. They consistently cook it to perfection. The sides are very large as are the desserts. This location was recently updated and it still gives that traditional feel of a Chicago steak house. Their wine options are much larger than similar places...a bit on the pedestrian side however, but something for everyone. Service is efficient.Special Features:
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The customer service was great but as far as the food it wasn't what we expected for the price I paid.Special Features:
- Great original restaurant.KEOct23Dined on 10/19/2014Food was excellent. Cooked to perfection. Appetizers were singular but sides were for 3-4 people. A bit expensive for the experience. I still prefer Bern's in Tampa. Hint:ask waiter to slow service from appetizer to main course - we were overwhelmed with the appetizer stil being eaten when the main course appeared. We felt rushed when the restaurant was 60 pErcent filled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad food, very loud, basement !castotDined on 10/17/2014I would never recommend this restaurant. I never have eaten a so fat rib eye steak like this terrible rib eye of morton's. So much money for a bad restaurant in the basement ? NEVER again !Special Features:
- Perfunctory serviceMtFirbbitDined on 10/16/2014I'm always pleased with the food at Morton's, and I've had good experiences at other locations, but the service here felt more "McDonalds" than "Morton's"...I got my food, and it was in good time...but that's all. There was nothing wrong here, but there are other locations that are much better, so why chance one that is merely adequate.Special Features:
- Excelent FoodrodrigocelorioDined on 10/16/2014Well, defently is a must in any bucket list. Just the original one! Prime Rib is excelent, with a good wine. For dessert Lemon Pie is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestyouNeed2knowDined on 10/14/2014This was the best dinning experience ever. What great attention to detail. Great food, Really Great service. The Staff made us feel so special from the moment we entered to the time we left. This is a must do for your bucket list and for any occasion, even your weekly date night. Thanks Mortons'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like I imaginedVickDined on 10/12/2014I'm from Mexico and it was awesome to be able to finally come to Morton's ... The original ... Everything from the service and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic service-oriented steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014The service was absolutely impeccable and completely anticipatory. My wife and I felt very appreciated and very fortunate to be able to dine there. I had never eaten at Morton's when it wasn't a work event, and I know there are trendier spots, but Morton's charm was in its classy, vintage feel. The steak was delicious. The crab cake was amazing. The brussels sprouts fried in bacon fat were good.Special Features:
- Morton's food is deliciousTbhammyVIPDined on 10/11/2014The service was excellent, and the food was delicious. Three of us had the three course dinner for $61.99 and the fourth had the steak and lobster special. One salad was split and we had leftovers from the three sides that were split between the four of us.Special Features:
- outoftownersDined on 10/10/2014Food as always was great but the service by far was the best. That is the second time that my wife and I have had this lovely knowledgeable lady take care of us. We will be requesting her on our return visits without a doubt!Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014The service was wonderful. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great steakmtoiracDined on 10/5/2014They really nailed it when it comes to "medium rare".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationChiTownDeltaDivaDined on 10/3/2014My husband loves steaks so I chose to take him out to dinner at Morton's for his birthday. We were greeted warmly and the hostess immediately wanted to know whose birthday it was. She passed this knowledge on to our waiter who in turn made us feel welcome and made my husband's birthday dinner a huge success. The waiter had a great personality and he was knowledgeable about the menu and beverages. We had a great time. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone! PS try the steaks, crab cakes, and cream corn. Absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHoustonDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary dinner. They provided us with a special menu congratulating us on our anniversary. The wait staff was excellent and there food and wine was to die for. We cannot wait until we are back in Chicago to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RenovationsMattDined on 9/30/2014If I had known the place was under renovations I would have not gone there. This is my favorite Morton's anywhere I travel, I was very disapointed, I had some of my biggest clients out for dinner and it was not what I had planned on.
- Great anniversary dinnerMollyDined on 9/27/2014We went here for our first anniversary. From the moment we walked in, we felt like the staff wanted to make our experience the best possible. The tables weren't packed together as in some other fine dining places we've visited, the food was fabulous and our server was outstanding.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014This classic place is still great. wonderful servers and the food was spectacular. I look forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Great place, just no one theremmkchicagoVIPDined on 9/21/2014I'm not sure why no one was there, however, the food is as good as always. I had the filet with black truffle butter, the heirloom carrots and the au gratin potatoes. All were great. Our waiter was wonderful as well.
- Great serviceDaveVIPDined on 9/20/2014Waitress was amazing. And the good was very good, as it has been on each of our visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classic and terrificSamChapmanVIPDined on 9/20/2014Any restaurant that has had the same maitre 'd for over 30 years must have special service and this does. My father-in-laws said it was one of the best meals of his life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for SuzanneFoodie4LifeVIPDined on 9/17/2014Suzanne's service was superb! The timing of the food was spot on, she was a pleasure to talk to and best of all, she was great with our 2 small children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's The steakhouse is a must!TableTalkDined on 9/15/2014While in Chicago you must go to Morton's The Steakhouse-Chicago-The Original. We totally enjoyed everything about Morton's. Our service was excellent. The waiter gave us many options and explained each in detail. The meat portions are very generous, so, women, you may want to split something and then add sides. That is what we did and each of our "halves" was cooked to perfection. The sides of hash browns and sauteed brussels sprouts were each enough for two people and each very delicious. The wine selection was very good and paired well with our meal. Our waiter was very attentive throughout the entire meal. We topped off the evening with a chocolate souffle and coffee. What a delightful evening. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a King & QueenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014The title says it all. Our server and the Manager treated us like we were really celebrating big time and we were. They gave us fabulous cheesecake to take home and sure enough we dug into that cheesecake like there was no tomorrow. Our steaks were the best we ever had and in 50 years of marriage we had our share of steak but not the right quality til we came to Morton's Thank You for making our dining experience a memory we will remember for a long time. John, Pat & MikeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksAllSmilesDined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent, the wine was fantastic, the service was sub-par. Our server was really disappointing. He had problems with knowledge of the menu, and was somewhat argumentative about our appetizer request. Desert came out incorrect as well. It was very disappointing for $350.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulrichieDined on 9/13/2014The filet was cooked to perfection, and melted like butter in our mouths! The onion bread is to die for. Overall, and wonderful meal, and deal. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LegendaryHappyEater7Dined on 9/13/2014Simply stated, the food here is legendary!! Their reputation is well earned.Special Features: